001 || Wendy Son

The Heroine

 

Irene pushed her glasses up and shuffled into the lecture hall.

 

The raven haired placed her bag down and took out her lesson materials. Being the hardworking girl she was, she read her notes while waiting for the lecturer to arrive.

 

"Hi! Is anyone sitting here?"

 

Irene looked up to face a familiar blonde.

 

Wendy Son.

 

Irene had never spoken to the girl.

 

They had opposite personalities. Irene was quiet yet charismatic, while Wendy was bubbly and friendly.

 

"No." Irene continued reading her notes.

 

Seulgi, her bestfriend, wasn’t in the same classes as her. The only class they shared was gym.

 

"Thanks!"

 

As soon as the blonde sat down, the lecturer, in a disheveled manner, came into the room.

 

Irene never liked the lecturer.

 

In fact, Irene never liked anyone, other than Seulgi, and maybe Joy and Yeri, who were a year younger.

 

Irene was paying full attention to the lesson and jotting down neat notes diligently. That was until she heard a soft singing.

 

Turning, she got the shock of her life.

 

Wendy was extremely close to her. Her lips felt as if it was touching the other's.

 

"What?”

 

"Uhh, I just wanted to refer to your pretty notes." The singing stopped and was replaced by a soft voice.

 

"Why do you need my notes?" Irene squinted her eyes at the other.

 

Irene scored well on her tests, but never as good as the other. Wendy was the top scorer and a model student. A complete different league from Irene.

 

The raven haired could only suspect Wendy.

 

"Well, it’s neat and your handwriting is pretty." Wendy gave a smile that would melt even ice cubes.

 

But not Irene.

 

"So? Get penmanship classes instead." Irene sneered.

 

Wendy wasn’t taken aback. She just laughed. A little too loudly, causing students from a few tables away to turn and glare, but ended up smiling.

 

Irene was offended. Super offended.

 

She didn’t make a joke did she? Why did Wendy laugh? Is Wendy taking her as a joke?

 

Just as Irene was about to open to say something rude, Wendy beat her to it.

 

"You know, you’re cute."

 

Normally, when the campus crush calls you cute, you would blush right? Well not for Irene. The girl was colder than Antarctica.

 

"Gross." Irene didn’t want to come off as rude, but she wanted the flirting to stop.

 

Wendy laughed again. This time louder.

 

"Wendy and Irene. Out."

 

Irene was way beyond pissed.

 

Wendy was at fault and yet she has to be punished with her. She needed the lesson. Even if she didn’t like her lecturer, she needed to be taught.

 

Irene was furious.

 

"You." Irene snapped as they went out of the room. "Repay me."

 

"How?" The blonde smirked. "With my body?"

 

" off."

 

"Hey, don’t you know that lately I’m hot?" Wendy gave her a smug look.

 

"You have to teach me what I missed out." Irene ignored the other and walked towards the cafeteria.

 

"You missed out on my hotness." Wendy followed behind. “Jokes aside, when are you even free?”

 

“After school.” Irene commanded, not leaving Wendy with a choice.

 

“In a hurry I see... Can’t wait?” Wendy smirked.

 

Before Irene could slap the irritating girl, a brunette came running towards them.

 

“Wow, for once you’re early.” Seulgi commented. “Hi Wendy, never expected you to be here too.”

 

“Wendy got me kicked out of class.” The raven haired burned holes into Wendy’s head with her glare.

 

“That answers it all.” The bear-like girl laughed.

 

Irene didn’t even miss class when she was sick, but she missed it for Wendy. Correction, because of Wendy. But not much difference is there?

 

“Since you’re here, what do you want?” Seulgi offered. “My treat.”

 

“I’m not going to say no to free food.” Wendy clapped excitedly and pointed to her choice.

 

“Irene?”

 

“Salad.”

 

“Should have expected that... Give me a minute.” Seulgi shouted as she headed to the stalls.

 

The two of them were alone once again.

 

“So Bae, where do you live?” Wendy begun.

 

“Rude.”

 

“It was just a term of endearment. Besides, aren’t we studying at your place after school?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not.”

 

“No means no.”

 

“Then I won’t help you.”

 

“Excuse me? You were the one who caused this.”

 

Irene was in disbelief. How arrogant could this girl get?

 

“Take it or leave it.”

 

As if on cue, Seulgi appeared with the dishes in hand.

 

“Take what?” The latter asked as she set down the plates.

 

“Nothing.” Irene interrupted before Wendy could say something stupid.

 

“Aww, don’t deny it Rinie~” Wendy teased in a singsong voice.

 

“Irene! Why didn’t you tell me?” Seulgi played along.

 

Irene couldn’t believe it. Her bestfriend had teamed up with a stranger to go against her.

 

Ignoring the two, she continued nibbling her salad like a bunny.

 

“Rinie sounds like a perfect name for a bunny!” Wendy continued her search for Irene’s attention.

 

Irene made a disgusted and annoyed face at the blonde, causing the other two to laugh out loud.

 

“By the way Irene, Joy said she wanted chicken, so we’re going after school. Are you coming?”

 

“No. I made plans with Wendy. And I don’t even like chicken.”

 

“Now you’re abandoning us for Wendy?”

 

“It’s gym now, let’s not be late.” Irene stood up to leave.

 

“You’re no fun.” Seulgi commented while Wendy just laughed.

 

The trio made their way into the gym hall where no one, other than the coach, was in sight.

 

"I told you that we are early." Seulgi complained. "I didn't even get to open my pringles!"

 

"Girls, since you are early, go get the basketballs from the store room." The coach shouted as he threw them the keys.

 

Which almost landed on Irene's head.

 

But Wendy managed to catch it in time.

 

"Thanks?" Irene turned her head and walked away.

 

"Rude?" Wendy imitated her tone.

 

"At least she even said it. It's so hard to get gratitude out of ." Seulgi patted the shorter girl's shoulders.

 

Irene tapped her foot while staring at Wendy strolling over.

 

"Slowpoke."

 

"Meanie." Wendy played along.

 

"So mature." Seulgi called out. "Hurry with the balls, coach is glaring at us."

 

Wendy unlocked the door and dragged the bag of basketballs out.

 

More like tried to.

 

Irene snorted before heading in to drag it out, on her own.

 

So small and weak. Pfftt.

 

Seulgi snickered at Wendy.

 

The girl was never good at sports, Irene noted. Once, there was an archery lesson, and the poor girl couldn't even pull the bowstring back, let alone releasing the arrow at the right spot.

 

As the trio arrived back at the indoor hall, most of the class had arrived.

 

"Everyone's here? Okay, run three laps, then split into two teams." The coach barked.

 

As Irene and Seulgi took the lead in running, Wendy wasn't catching up. She was lagging way behind, huffing and puffing.

 

The coach never said a thing since he had long ago given up on Wendy. When the class finished their three rounds, Wendy was left with one, but the coach stopped them and got them into teams.

 

Irene was grumbling when she got teamed with Wendy and not Seulgi.

 

Instead, her team was cheering for Wendy, despite her lacking in the sports department.

 

Wendy winked at the raven haired when she walked by.

 

"Told you I'm hot lately."

 

Irene came up with a conclusion about Wendy.

 

Sluggish, ignorant and conceited.

 

The qualities Irene hated the most.

 


 

Who dat who dat who dat vampire? I'm back! How's it? Leave your thoughts!