CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Her Side of the Story

“Unnie! Let’s go to the park! It’s sooo boring at home!” Chung Ae said excitedly.

“Aish, you can’t! You have to stay in bed in case something bad happens.”

“Please, just for today. I haven’t been out for a long time,” she begged.

“Alright. But just this once okay?”

Chung Ae slowly got ready, even though her speed was lacking she tried her best to keep up with everyone else. Once they were both ready, they headed out to the park. Chung Ae bent down and gently touched the bright green grass, taking in every small detail. She continued touching random things like the wooden seats, the footpath and trees just so she remembered what it would feel like. She had spotted a large rock which was often used for people to sit on, her sight was only focus on the rock as she walked towards it not realising that someone had accidentally knocked her over to the ground.

“Ouch.”

Eunhee was only a couple of meters away from her, she didn’t want to be her way and just when she took a glimpse at the sky she heard a soft ‘ouch’. When she looked back, she saw her best friend on the ground staring at her palms. Eunhee rushed towards her only to realise that the person who was in front of her was Hoya, causing her blood to boil and thinking that he had pushed her on purpose.

 “YAH! Don’t you have eyes!? Use them!”

 “Look who’s here, so you decided to quit school like an idiot?” said Woohyun , Eunhee glared at him after helping her poor friend.

“I’ve got way better things to do than see your faces,” said Eunhee as she thought ‘what kind of idiot would choose school over a sick best friend that’s probably in danger every second of the day? Ugh, jerk.’

Eunhee felt Chung Ae holding onto her arm though she said, calm down I’ll do the talking, don’t get yourself into trouble. Eunhee sighed.

 “Long time no see,” Chung Ae said as she bowed but in that instant she was slapped, reminding her the time when she kissed Hoya. Eunhee flinched as she tried her best to hold back the anger inside her that was ready to burst; her anger was lowered when she saw Chung Ae smile. All Eunhee could think have been why was everything so unfair for her friend that cared for everyone, the friend that put others first.

“I deserved that,” she said.

“What do you want?” Sunggyu spat out. Chung Ae swallowed her saliva at how the person she though was like a role model to her show so much hate in only a couple of words. Chung Ae had admired Sunggyu’s leadership and bravery though the times in the past she had spent with Infinite.  

“Nothing…I heard you have a new girlfriend,” Chung Ae found it hard to admit that the person she loved found someone else already, her heart would crack every time at the thought that Hoya had already forgotten about her in his heart, how she can be replaced just like that.

“That’s none of your business,” Hoya snapped, the pain inside her grew at his tone of voice, of course, why wouldn’t he be mad. I ‘cheated’ on him; I kissed another man right in front of him with his very own eyes. Who wouldn’t hate me.

“That’s true,” Chung Ae nodded, trying her best to hold everything in but a part of her disliked the fact that it wasn’t only a month that he found someone else, “I bet she’s innocent right? That’s the same reason why you dated me.”

“Shut up, you were never innocent from the beginning. You were just some in disguise.”

Chung Ae flinched but could not help but question the reality that she wanted to avoid. “Are you happy now?” A part of her wanted him to still love her like he did when they were together, but denying the truth was never a good thing.

“Yes, way happier compared to the time I was with you,” said Hoya. Chung Ae nodded, “Well, I hope you guys stay happy… Congrats on finding someone else.”

Chung Ae left along with Eunhee, holding in the pain just so Infinite wouldn’t see. When they were at a far enough distance, tears began to fall and her sobbing increased. Chung Ae collapsed on the ground as she continued to cry while she clutched onto her damaged heart that would never be repaired.

“Shhh, it’s okay,” Eunhee comforted also tearing up to see for the first time that her best friend would cry so much. Without any warning, Chung Ae’s breath started to shorten causing Eunhee to panic. Eunhee immediately dialled Chi Hoon’s number, if she had called the ambulance then Infinite would surely find out since they were still at the park.

“Hello,” a voice said from the receiver.

“Chi Hoon! Chung Ae fainted! We’re at the park near her house, hurry!” Eunhee didn’t have time to say more because Chi Hoon had hung up. After the call Chi Hoon received, he immediately abandoned his friends that he was hanging out and ran towards the park as fast as he could, praying that Chung Ae would be okay.

As soon as they reached the hospital, Chung Ae was still coughing non-stop, her lack of breathing was suffocating her. Chi Hoon handed her to a doctor as they did whatever they could, Eunhee crying and begging the other doctors and nurses to save her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

:O

Take care and stay safe!