CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Her Side of the Story

Chung Ae’s funeral was taken place a week later. Her parents cancelled all their schedules to attend their only daughter’s funeral. Everyone had something to say, whether it was a long speech or a short emotional one. Eunhee invited Hwa Young since she found no point in hating her anymore.

Eunhee walked up to her dear best friend, “Remember the time we first met? You were the only one that would lend me a crayon when nobody would. We became the best of friends because of that,” she chuckled. “You were the best; you helped everyone even though you were the one that needed help the most. I promise you that you will never be forgotten.”

Chi Hoon stepped up, replacing Eunhee’s spot, “Chung Ae-ah, you heard me the first time right? I really do love you. Don’t worry, I’ll keep my promise, I just wished that it was you that would continue to do it. I can already imagine your beautiful smile; I wouldn’t mind marrying a girl as perfect as you.”

Hwa Young then went up, “Hey… Umm, I know we haven’t met, I heard from a lot of people that you were the nicest person. I know it must have hurt to see someone you love with someone else; I wouldn’t blame you if you hated me or anything. I wished that we would have met, you know. We could still be friends right? Anyways, I’ll do my best to make Hoya happy.”

Sunggyu, “Sorry for treating you badly. I really thought you would cheat on him because you didn’t love him. You were like a sister to me…”

Infinite, excluding Hoya, finished what they wanted to say. They were deeply sorry for misunderstanding everything.

Hoya was last to speak to Chung Ae,”If only I knew from the beginning… If only I didn’t jump to conclusions so easily. If only… Why am I being like this? You said I was the ‘best and loving boyfriend in the whole world’ but I was the complete opposite, I’m so sorry to disappoint you. I’m sorry I wasn’t the guy you thought I would be. Infinite missed you too you know. If you can’t open your eyes for me, then at least do it for Infinite and everyone else, neh? If only, I could go back time.”

He sighed and placed a flower next to Chung Ae.

 As Chung Ae’s body was going down along with the flowers that were left by the people, everyone prayed for the happiness of her in the next life.

Everyone stayed silent as they watched her body disappear into the earth, buried in the rich soil. The soil that would cover the innocent life of a female, hidden in the ground where the only thing was left was the memories in the minds of others.

“Farewell, Kim Chung Ae… Rest in peace,” they whispered amongst themselves as they have finally discovered...

Her side of the story…

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know, I know. Sad ending...   :'(
THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS!

I'm really thankful for everyone, please, as usual...

Take care and stay safe!