CHAPTER NINE

Her Side of the Story

A week later and it was a normal weekend. The Infinite members were bored and wanted to go out. Unfortunately for Hoya, his girlfriend was at some beach house spending her time with her family so they couldn’t see each other at all.

“Hey why don’t we go to park!” suggested Woohyun.

“Yea, I’m sure there are pretty chicks hanging around there,” said Dongwoo.

“Count me out then,” said Hoya.

“Ngawww I was just joking. You’re still coming,” commented Dongwoo as he slung his arm around Hoya’s shoulder.

“Let’s just go, we need some fresh air,” said Sunggyu while L nodded in agreement.

“ALRIGHT!” shouted Sungyeol and Sungjong, they started running out the door and towards the nearest park.

At the same time Eunhee and Chung Ae, Hoya’s ex-girlfriend, were also heading to the park to have their own picnic. The girls linked each other’s arm as they walked around the park, talking to each other.

“Hyung! Look over here!” shouted Sungjong as he aimed his water gun towards Hoya’s face.  Infinite were having fun together, Hoya was walking backwards while he took revenge on Sungjong with his own water gun. Without looking, Hoya had bumped into someone causing the person to fall backwards.

“Ouch,” a female voiced winced. Hoya was ready to apologise when he recognised who it was that had fallen down.

“Chung Ae.” He muttered.

“YAH! Don’t you have eyes!? Use them,” Eunhee shouted at Hoya as she helped her friend get back up. ‘Gwenchana? Are you hurt anywhere? Do we need to go ba-“Chung Ae shook her head.

The Infinite members saw the commotion and headed towards Hoya to find Eunhee and Chung Ae.

“Look who’s here, so you decided to quit school like an idiot?” said Woohyun directly at Eunhee.

“I’ve got way better things to do than see your faces,” Eunhee scoffed. Hoya couldn’t take his eyes off of Chung Ae. Chung Ae held onto Eunhee’s arm to tell her to ‘calm down’. Chung Ae faced Hoya, “Long time no see,” she gave a small bow but when she raised her head, she was met  with a slap. Reminding her of the past, but all she did was smile back.

“I deserved that,” she said.

“What do you want?” questioned Sunggyu.

“Nothing,” she began but then turned towards to Hoya, “I heard you have a new girlfriend.”

“That’s none of your business,” Hoya snapped.

“That’s true,” Chung Ae nodded. “I bet she’s innocent right? That’s the same reason why you dated me.”

“Shut up, you were never innocent from the beginning. You were just some in disguise.”

Chung Ae flinched at the insult but couldn’t help but wish she was still with Hoya. “Are you happy now?”

“Yes, way happier compared to the time I was with you,” said Hoya. Chung Ae nodded, “Well, I hope you guys stay happy… Congrats on finding someone else.”

And with that the girls walked away, leaving Infinite clueless with what just happened.

“Did she just… Congratulated you?” asked Sungyeol.

“I guess she moved on or something,” said Woohyun.

“She didn’t look herself compared to the last time we saw her,” muttered L. Infinite faced L; Myungsoo was always the observant member, he could tell the difference even if it was the size of a grain, he saw it all. It sometimes freaked Infinite out to find that Myungsoo could catch on so quickly, that was why they had always failed to trick/prank him in the past.

“Very pale and weak.” He spoke.

“What?” asked the rest of Infinite.

L sighed since Infinite didn’t understand what he just said,” Did you not see her skin, you practically could see her veins, she became really skinny as if she hasn’t eaten anything for weeks. And remember a long time ago when we use to hang out in school? When she injured her hand, she didn’t even say anything. She didn’t even cry or complain. But just then when she fell down which probably would only cause a scratch, she winced as if the pain was really extreme…”

“You saw all that in a couple of minutes?” said Dongwoo.

“Now that I think of it… You’re right,” said Sungjong.

“She’s probably just faking it,” said Hoya.

Infinite sighed and just walked away, forgetting what had happened as they continued to play.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Take care and stay safe!