CHAPTER ELEVEN

Her Side of the Story

~2 months before Hoya and Chung Ae’s 1 year anniversary~

“Eunhee-ah, what am I going to do about the arranged marriage? I don’t want to lose Hoya,” Chung Ae sobbed. She at Eunhee’s house, they were trying to figure out a way to escape from her father’s decision.

“Don’t worry, I’ll try my best to fix things. Trust your Unnie okay?” Eunhee comforted Chung Ae with a hug. “Appa said that I have to meet Chi Hoon today in a couple of hours, I’m scared Unnie. I don’t want any of this to happen.” Chung Ae cried.

“Let’s just prepare you to meet this Chi Hoon guy for now okay? Who knows what your dad would do if you don’t come,” said Eunhee. Chung Ae stood up only to drop back down, “Ah, my legs hurt,” she pouted, “Probably from sitting too long.”

 

Chung Ae wore simple dress with stockings. Eunhee dropped her off at a restaurant which was the place she would be meeting her unknown fiancée. Once she was at the entrance, she saw her parents with what seemed like her fiancée and his parents except that his back was facing her. She walked towards the table and politely bowed at her in-laws. As she sat down, she could feel that what seemed to be her fiancée gazing at her. She looked up to meet his eyes. She did a small bow and looked towards the entrance wishing she could just run out without any hesitation.

“Chung Ae-ah, you haven’t touched your food,” said her Mrs. Lee.

“I’m not feeling that hungry actually,” Chung Ae said, “May I be excused?” she stood up. The Lee’s nodded while her parents gave her a stern look. Chung Ae was feeling dizzy, ‘So much has happened, no wonder I’m always tired,” started walking towards the entrance when suddenly Chung Ae collapsed onto the ground. The customers and servers surrounded her while her parents and the Lee’s quickly ran towards her.

“There’s a hospital a couple of blocks away, I’ll take her there,” said Chi Hoon as he swiftly carried her bridal style. Chi Hoon carried the fragile female to the hospital, he did not take any vehicles since he knew there would be heavy traffic, and he had no choice but to get there by foot.  When he arrived there, he asked for help while setting her down on one of the beds with wheels. The doctors put her in a room and gave her a check-up while Chi Hoon waited outside. Soon the Kim’s and Lee’s also arrived at the hospital.

“How’s Chung Ae?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“She’s inside with the doctors,” said Chi Hoon.

“Do you mind of you stay here? We still have meetings to attend to,” said Mr. Kim, Chi Hoon nodded as the parents left. After waiting for 10 minutes, a doctor came out with a clipboard and a pen in his hand.

“Are you here for Ms. Kim Chung Ae?” he asked. After nodding, the doctor sighed.

“Ms. Chung Ae was diagnosed and unfortunately we found that she is lacking red blood cells,” the doctor reported.

“What are you trying to say Sir?” asked Chi Hoon.

“She has leukemia, she only has a couple of months left. I’m sorry,” he said. Chi Hoon sighed, “Can I see her now?”

“Go ahead, just be careful, she’s really weak right now.”

Chi Hoon silently walked in and sat on a chair next to the bed Chung Ae was on. He rested his head on his arm which was on the bed and stared at Chung Ae’s facial features.

“You’re quite pretty,” he whispered.

“Hoya oppa,” words came out of Chung Ae while she slept. Chi Hoon straightened his back and thought, Who’s Hoya?

A slight disappointment was felt in Chi Hoon’s heart, how is this possible, we just has met.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Do you like the fanfic so far?

Take care and stay safe!