CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Her Side of the Story

~weeks later~

“Eunhee, what are you doing here? Aren’t you meant to be at school?” Chung Ae panicked when she saw her best friend walk into her bedroom.

“You don’t want me here? Fine I’ll go,” said Eunhee in a joking manner, however Chung Ae though she was serious and held onto her arm.

“Ani! Stay! I didn’t mean it like that, I was just curious,” she begged.

“I was joking,” Eunhee chuckled but then continued, “My best friend is more important than school, isn’t it obvious? “

Chung Ae was touched and felt lucky to have Eunhee as her best friend.

“Besides, I can’t stand looking at Infinite, especially that jerk when he got a girlfriend,” Eunhee muttered, hoping Chung Ae didn’t hear.

“Hoya got a girlfriend?” Chung Ae asked. Eunhee starred at her in bewilderment.

“I may have leukemia but I can still hear clearly you know,” she smiled, but what followed was silence that filled the room.

“Is she nice?”

“I hate her, “ Eunhee said bluntly.

“You know what I mean. Is she making Hoya smile? Is he happy?”

“…Yes… But that’s why I hate her! It’s meant to be you not her!” exclaimed Eunhee.

Chung Ae sighed, “You know why it’s not me. And it’s for the best… Is it me or is it getting hot in here?”

Eunhee felt Chung Ae’s forehead, she could tell that Chung Ae was slightly having a fever, ”Lay down, you’re having a fever,” she said as she quickly grabbed onto a small towel and wet it after filling a bowl with water. She gently laid the towel on top of Chung Ae’s forehead.

“I’ll be right back and make some soup and porridge for you okay?”

After around 30 minutes of wetting the towel again, and repeating the process, the soup was finally ready.

“You know, you could pass as my mother,” Chung Ae chuckled but then stopped to take a spoonful of the delicious porridge.

Eunhee smiled, wishing that her best friend didn’t have to go all this, hoping that some miracle would happen, “Remember, your Unnie will take care of you… and also Chi Hoon.”

“Gomawo, for everything. Unnie! Want some?” Chung Ae put her spoon towards Eunhee’s mouth but then retreated it and ate the food instead, “Yummmm.”

“Yah! Aish this girl. You’re lucky that you’re my best friend or else I would have took that whole bowl and eat it straight away.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Another chapter coming right up in just seconds! ^-^

*sigh* if only food was just like that, ready in an instant xD

Take care and stay safe!