Chapter 7

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Be ready everyone, all your questions from the previous will be answered in this chapter, enjoy.

 

“More wine sir?” 

 

Tzuyu rejected the offer, “No thanks. I don’t really drink actually” 

 

“Very well” the waiter bowed before walking away 

 

Seolhyun who sat opposite him asked, “You’re not friendly with alcohol sir?” 

 

“Sort of” he tilted his head 

 

“You really take good care of your health sir” 

 

“I treasure myself very much” he chuckled 

 

Another waiter came to their table. 

 

“Ready for your orders sir, mam” 

 

Tzuyu replied, “Actually I’m waiting for my client” 

 

“Would you like to order later?” 

 

Seolhyun’s phone on the table buzzed. She then answered it. 

 

“Kim Seolhyun here. Yes sir. I see. Okay thank you for informing. Not to worry we can make another appointment.  Sure. Good evening” 

 

“Was that the client?” asked Tzuyu 

 

She nodded, “Yes. He said a situation came up in his office and he’s unable to attend tonight’s meeting” 

 

“Okay then” said Tzuyu. “Let’s order some food. My treat” 

 

“Oh no sir I’ll pay up for my food-” 

 

“Seolhyun ah, I’m the boss here so listen to me” he stopped her words. “Your task right now is to order and eat your food, that I will pay” 

 

“But what about you sir? Aren’t you eating?” 

 

“Of course I’m eating. My tummy’s grumbling” 

 

They both ended laughing and proceeded choosing some delicious meals from the menu given by the waiter. 

 

After ordering, the two of them started having a normal chat. 

 

“So Seolhyun, I must say that so far you’re doing a good job” Tzuyu complimented 

 

“Thanks for the praise sir. I’m really enjoying my career here. And it’s fun working with you sir” 

 

“Oh come on everyone keep saying the same thing” his hand slapped the air 

 

“Well what I’m saying is true. I’m being honest. You were right, I am lucky to be working with Chou Tzuyu that everyone’s been talking about” 

 

“Everyone knows me because of Sana” he smiled. 

 

“I read the article about how you proposed her in Korea. That was really sweet” 

 

A year ago a reporter came to interview Sana after her modeling schedule. She briefly explained about their marriage. 

 

“Well actually I proposed her twice in the same day. The second one was in front of the very special place we first met” 

 

“Omo that must’ve been wondrous. She is very lucky to have you” she nodded 

 

 “I am very lucky to have her too” he smiled shyly 

 

Tzuyu resumed, “What about you Seolhyun? Can you tell me a little about the jerk you talked about the other day?” 

 

“Should I? I mean, this is unnecessary” 

 

“Come on. You’re my secretary now and I should really know who you are. I don’t want to work with a stranger” 

 

“Okay sir” she smiled 

 

“You know what? Let’s be informal for today. Stop with the ‘sir’ thingy and call me Tzuyu” 

 

“But I don’t think that’s legit for us” 

 

“Seolhyun ah” he stopped her words again. “Call me Tzuyu” 

 

“Okay Tzuyu” she lowered her head and smiled inwardly. “I hope you don’t cut my pay or something for calling you by the name” 

 

“Cheelax I’m not that kind of boss” he laughed. “So, wanna tell me about the jerk? Or the idiot?” 

 

She chuckled, “You can call him anything. He’s totally a guy with no heart” 

 

“What did he do to you?” asked Tzuyu 

 

“I loved him so much until I was blinded by love. He was my friend back in high school and one day he confessed to me. So from the day onwards until we went to the same college, I felt like he’s the last guy I will ever love. I wanted him to be there for me always. Whenever he’s down I would do all the things that could make him happy again. We even once talked about marriage” 

 

The tanned guy warmly smiled listening to her story. 

 

“But our love didn’t go as far as I expected. There was a third party in our relationship. And he fell in love with her, leaving me alone all of a sudden. I tried to call him, went to his house but he moved somewhere else. Since then, I lost hope in love. And I proudly wanna say that he’s the biggest bastard jerk in my life” 

 Seolhyun had her head hung low trying to cover her building tears in her eyes. 

 

“Are you crying?” he asked 

 

“Suddenly this emotional feeling appeared inside me. I’m sorry-” 

 

Her words frozen when she felt a warm hand covering on hers. She lifted her head up to see a caring and concerned pair of eyes looking back at her with a charming smile. 

 

“I think you have been keeping it inside you. You don’t tell people much about your life right?” Tzuyu asked 

 

“You’re a good mind reader” she wiped her tear away 

 

“Why do you want to cry over that heartless man? Don’t let him control over your feelings. It’s a big world out there and there are lots more guys you can find. Or perhaps, they can find you” 

 

“Thank you Tzuyu” she smiled. “I feel much better now” 

 

He pulled back his hand and lied against the chair, “Don’t burden yourself with the past. Move on. You can tell me anything. Besides, we’re friends now right?” 

 

“We’re friends?” her eyes grew slightly bigger 

 

Tzuyu nodded childishly. It was her first time seeing this side of her boss. She thought to herself again that indeed, Sana is the most fortunate person on earth. 

 

His phone suddenly rang from inside his pocket. Tzuyu took it out and smiled looking at the caller ID. “Excuse me” he said to Seolhyun and she nodded. 

 

He answered the phone, “Hi Sana!” 

 

“Where are you, Tzuyu?” 

 

“Dinner with client of course” 

 

“Where’s the client?” 

 

“He’s stuck in his office for some problem so we postponed the meeting. Wait, why’d you ask?” 

 

“Then what are you doing right now?” 

 

“Having dinner with Seolhyun since the client isn’t here” 

 

“Forget about the client Tzuyu. What exactly are you doing right now?” 

 

After hearing the background, it sounded like passing cars. 

 

“Sana where are you?” 

 

“I asked you first Tzuyu. What are you doing at this moment?” 

 

“I’m having a phone conversation with you. What’s with that tone of yours? Tell me where are you? Do you know it’s really cold to be outside right now?” 

 

“Yes..” she cried.

 “It’s really cold” 

 

The sound of car happened to be passing by outside of the restaurant. And the sound was the same inside the phone call. Tzuyu rotated his head to look outside. 

 

He found her. Her eyes were glimmering with tears while exhaling cold breath fogs. 

 

“Sana wait-” 

 

The call ended as he saw her pressing the button. He could see another tear dropped from her eye. Those precious tears made him to feel weak. He figured out to himself that she probably saw him caressing his assistant’s hand. 

 

A bus suddenly passed by blocking his view. He immediately stood up and exited the building. 

 

After waiting for the bus to go through, the next thing he found, she was gone. The other side of the road was completely empty. 

 

“Sana?” his eyes roamed everywhere. “Sana!” 

 

“Sana!” he shouted her name. He ignored the all the passerby looking at him. 

 

“Isn’t that Chou Tzuyu?” 

 

“Hey it’s Minatozaki Sana’s husband!” 

 

Two passerby recognized his face. They wanted to approach him but Seolhyun who just got out from the restaurant quickly blocked them. 

 

“We appreciate your hospitality but currently it’s not a good time to be seeing him” Seolhyun gently explained to them 

 

The passerby walked away while smiling back to Tzuyu. Tzuyu couldn’t think of anything except for Sana. He ran his fingers through his hair, loosened his tie and exhaled. 

 

“Tzuyu..” Seolhyun drew near slowly 

 

“Get back inside and put the bill into my account. And just go home” he said without looking at her 

 

Tzuyu then went into his car and drove away leaving her alone. She had her head still hanging low and her hands held tightly. 

 

Suddenly someone tapped onto her shoulder. She looked around to see an unknown male having his face covered with a cap. 

 

“Excuse me” 

 

“..yes?” 

 

“Who was that guy who just got into his car?” 

 

Seolhyun nervously replied, “C-Chou Tzuyu..” 

 

“That’s the priceless model’s husband right?” 

 

“Y-yes.. why are you asking?” 

 

She could see the lips of the person turned into a smirk. 

 

The unknown guy did not answer her question but said, “Thank you miss” and then left. 

***************** 

 

He sped his way towards home. For a few times he had been rubbing on his temple and silently blaming himself for being so intimate with Seolhyun earlier. 

 

Tzuyu arrived at the house like a lightning after beating a few traffic lights. He noticed Sana’s car in the garage. He quickly parked his car by the side and jumped out. 

 

He observed the latter’s car and found her still in the vehicle, crying. It was breaking his heart seeing her tears pouring out so he fastened his pace approaching her. 

 

Tzuyu went over to her side and pulled the door open, “Sana” 

 

Surprised looking at him, she said in sarcasm, “What do you want? I thought you were having a lovely dinner” 

 

“Sana, if you’re crying because of seeing me her hand, I’m really sorry. But please let me explain” 

 

“You think you really know what I went through earlier?” 

 

“Yes Sana and I’m really sorry. I know I shouldn’t be crony with her but she was just pouring her sad past out to me. She just needed someone to talk to” 

 

Grabbing her handbag, she exited the car “Good so next time if she have problems then she should tell you everything!” 

 

“Sana where are you going?” he grabbed her wrist but she pulled away. 

 

“Don’t you dare touching me!” she threw a glare 

 

“But Sana I was trying to explain to you” 

 

“What else is there for you to explain, Tzuyu? You want to share with me about her past life too?” 

 

“Of course not, Sana. I just want to clear things with you so that you don’t misunderstand us” 

 

She crossed her arms, “So there is another ‘us’ for you?” 

 

“That’s not what I meant” he replied 

 

“Wonderful, Tzuyu. Wonderful” she nodded before walking away towards the house 

 

“Please don’t walk away” he seized her hand 

 

She spun around rejecting his hand, “Don’t you touch me again with that hand of yours!” 

 

“Why are you tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter