Chapter 12

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was back at home, comfortable sitting in the living room watching TV all by himself. His eyes were on the screen, but his mind was flying all over the place. Lots of things to think of. Mina, Tzuyu, and the media. 

 

He had already note to himself to take any risks that causes the media to have any attention on him and Mina. Marrying a beautiful and famous model was the greatest thing happened in his life but of course he must protect both of their names especially Mina’s from any haters or critics or just anything negative feedback. But he didn’t think of this kind of attention. He will be expecting his face together with Tzuyu’s plastered on the front page of the newspaper by tomorrow morning. The headline plays the important role either. Interesting headlines always attract the eyes. 

 

Chaeyoung sighed in silent while absent-mindedly switching from channels to channels. 

 

“Uncle Chaeyoung” 

 

Turning his body around, he saw his cute little precious nephew standing not far from him while holding tight to a teddy bear. 

 

“Hey, boy. Why aren’t you in bed?” 

 

“I can’t sleep” Kevin endearingly rubbed his eyes 

 

Chaeyoung smiled at the little boy before saying, “Come here and sleep with uncle Chaeyoung” 

 

The boy dragged his teddy bear along and went to sleep on his uncle’s lap. Chaeyoung began to the boy’s head gently. 

 

“Uncle Chaeyoung” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“Where is aunt Mina?” 

 

His smile dropped after hearing her name. He can hear his heart shattering to pieces again. 

“She.. she uhh..” he cleared his throat. “She’s having a sleepover at aunt Sana’s house” 

 

“Why is she having a sleepover at aunt Sana’s house, when she already have her own house to sleep?” 

 

“Because.. because aunt Sana is her bestfriend. They’re so close to each other that they want to spend more time together” 

 

“Is that what bestfriends do?” Kevin lifted his head asking the question 

 

A sudden thought of Tzuyu popped out in his head. Bestfriends. 

 

“Y-yes..” 

 

“Do you have a bestfriend, uncle Chaeyoung?” 

 

Chaeyoung gulped at the question. A simple question from a little child just made him nervous and guilty. 

 

“Yes I do, Kevin” 

 

“Kevin bet it’s uncle Tzuyu. Wight (Right)?” 

 

He gave a nod. 

 

“Uncle Tzuyu is a nice person. Uncle Chaeyoung, you’re glad to have a bestfriend like uncle Tzuyu” Kevin smiled before closing his eyes 

 

His eyes wandered to the floor after taking a peek at Kevin who was fast asleep. He ran his palm across his face and sighed. 

 

The thought of Tzuyu kept repeating in his mind. Now he had realized how much he had hurt the guy. Tzuyu was only trying to lend a hand but he pushed him away. He became fully aware of what he had said to Tzuyu earlier. And he never should’ve said it. 

 

The next person that flashed by his thoughts was his very own Mina. The feeling of turbulent, upset and displeasure was still there. But, the feeling of love had never faded away. Yes he did blurt out the word ‘hate’ towards her but he never really meant it. Yes, he was still mad at her. But yes, he was still madly in love with her. 

 

Watching how peaceful Kevin was asleep, he suddenly recalled the conversation he had with his sister. 

 

Flashback 

 

“Want me to tell you a story?” 

 

“Will it make me feel any better?” he asked with his groggy voice 

 

“It depends” smiled Rose 

 

“Okay. Let’s hear it” 

 

“Once upon a time-” 

 

“Great, you’re gonna make me listen to a kids’ story?” 

 

“Chaeyoung, just listen” demanded Rose 

He set his cheek on his palm, “Urgh. Make it quick” 

 

“Once, there was a couple. The guy was madly in love with the girl, and the girl was madly in love with the guy. Each day ever since they have developed their feelings towards each other, they couldn’t stop thinking of one another. They couldn’t do their daily routines right because when a single glimpse of each other appeared in their minds, they just couldn’t stop it. They wanted each other, they loved each other. So one day, they found themselves sleeping together” 

 

The story was getting more interesting that made Chaeyoung to actually visualize it inside his thoughts. 

 

“After few months of dating, something happened. The girl found out that she was pregnant. She brought the news to the guy in happiness. However, the look on the guy’s face sent her a bad feeling. He wasn’t happy. He immediately rejected her. He didn’t want to accept to be the father of the child. So he left her. He ran away, like a coward. The girl was left alone until she gave birth to the child. Then she raised the healthy child all by herself without anyone’s help” 

 

Everything sounded very familiar. He knew the characters. Rose stopped her words as she hung her head low. 

 

“Rose ah” 

 

“I’m sorry..” she hid her tears from dropping 

 

Chaeyoung firmly held her hand, “Noona” 

 

It had been a while since he called her that. He didn’t fancy calling his sister formally. She felt warm hearted hearing her brother actually calinng her ‘Noona’. 

 

“Why are you telling me, your own story?”  

 

She lifted her eyes to meet with his which were filled with brotherly love. 

“Chaeyoung, you don’t plan on leaving Mina do you?” 

 

“Why are you asking me that?” 

 

“Because I don’t want your future child to be raised without a father. Not like Kevin” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Chaeyoung, Mina can still be pregnant despite the drug she took. She can give birth to a healthy active child just like you” 

 

She resumed, “Don’t give up on her, Chaeyoung. She may have made a huge mistake but give her a chance will you?” 

 

“I just need some time, Rose” 

 

She caressed the latter’s cheek, “Wanna know something? I really envy seeing the two of you. So perfect together” 

 

“Don’t be like me, Chaeyoung. Just don’t. “ 

 

End of Flashback 

 

****************** 

 

“Chou Minwoo. Where is he?” 

 

Tzuyu appeared fast to the hospital and straight away went to the counter startling the workers. 

The workers were surprised of his sudden voice but they were more surprised seeing the SaTzu couple standing just right in front of them. Yes Sana tagged with him along leaving Mina alone at their house. Hearing his beloved and only uncle to faint was already too much for him, in Sana’s opinion. She didn’t want Tzuyu to face everything all on his own. 

 

“Excuse me can anyone tell me where Chou Minwoo ward room is?” Tzuyu started to be annoyed with the workers’ dropping jaws 

 

“Umm.. 21A. Third floor, sir” 

 

“Thank you. Come on Sana” he dashed away dragging Sana along 

 

While making their way, Sana observed the public people in the hospital. She was already used to the ‘celebrity attraction’. But something made her to frown a little after seeing the people starting to gossip at one another while shooting their eyes directly at her abdomen. Why would anyone gossip and look at her body with an unsatisfied look? This could only lead to one thing. 

 

‘Everyone knows that I’m sterile?’ 

 

Soon enough, they had reached in front of Mr.Minwoo’s ward room. The door opened by itself revealing Jeongyeon with a sad expression. 

 

“Oppa, unnie, you’re here” 

 

“Jeongie” Tzuyu embraced his younger sister into a hug. “How are you? Are you okay? Where’s uncle?” 

 

“I’m fine. It’s uncle that I’m worried about” 

 

“Does he have a sickness, Jeongie?” 

 

She sighed before answering, “It’s lung cancer” 

 

His eyes grew bigger, “What?” 

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry for not telling you earlier. But I can explain it to you later. I think you better have a talk with uncle inside” 

 

“Are you telling me that I’m the only one who didn’t know about this?” 

 

“It’s complicated, oppa” 

 

“Complicated? I’m your brother, Jeongie. I deserve to know everything don’t I?” 

 

“Oppa you don’t understand how the situation was. Please, I’ll explain to you later” 

 

“Jeongie-” 

 

His words got cut when Sana pulled him to her side. 

 

She softly caressed his cheek and said, “Seobang, please calm down” 

 

“But Sana I don’t understand why-” 

 

“For me? Can you calm down, for me?” 

 

The look in her eyes was very pleasing. It’s one of her common tactic to use on him. And he will definitely ending up falling for it, and for her. 

He nodded before facing back at Jeongyeon, “I’ll get back to you later” 

 

“I’ll wait outside with Jeongie okay?” smiled Sana 

 

Tzuyu gave another nod before entering the ward room. 

***************** 

 

Sana sat and leaned against the wall while letting out a sigh. Jeongyeon wanted to join her but stopped when she received a call. 

 

“Hi Nayeonnie” she answered the phone and left the area for more privacy. 

 

Sana took a peek at her sister-in-law. She saw the latter leaving her sight slowly. She figured it was Nayeon on the phone because Jeongyeon would always prefer to have a phone conversation without anyone near her. 

 

She wondered how Tzuyu going to confront Jeongyeon for not informing about Mr.Minwoo’s sickness. Even Sana was shock to hear the news. Sure everyone knew that the old man was sick with the coughs everywhere but they never expected for it to be really bad. Perhaps they were too busy with their own lives that they almost forgot about the old man. 

 

The thought of Tzuyu and Jeongyeon suddenly brought her own sister to enter the mind of hers. The girl had moved to Japan to pursue her career as a songwriter. Sana took out her phone and began texting. 

 

Fr : Sana 

To : Krystal 

 

Hey sis. Miss ya like crazy here. How’s the music industry life treating u in Japan? Call me when you get my text. Xoxo. 

 

She then rested her elbow on the seat next to her and used her palm to place her head. She can feel the stress building inside her but she overcame it by taking few deep breaths. 

 

A TV attached to the ceiling was right in front of her spot. Her eyes were glued to the floor but her ears were wide open. 

 

“STARBUZZ BREAKING NEWS : The Priceless’ models husbands, seen in a fist fight” 

 

Sana’s eyes grew bigger as she lifted her head and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter