Chapter 24

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAUTION!! This is gonna be rough chapter, prepare yourself everyone!! 

 

 

The day before Sana woke up in the strange place 

 

Mina and Jeongyeon took a peek in the kitchen. Tzuyu had been sitting in there for a while. He looked puzzled. 

 

“Poor Tzuyu” whispered Mina. “Should we talk to him?” 

 

Jeongyeon shook her head, “No. Right now he prefers to be alone” 

 

They heard someone knocked on the front door. Went to check, and it was Chaeyoung with Nayeon. 

 

“Hey” he embraced Mina first with a kiss. “I came as fast as I could” 

 

“I’m glad you’re here, Chaeng” 

 

“Nayeonnie” Jeongyeon went to hug the older girl. 

 

“Chaeyoung oppa told me everything, Jeongie. Poor him” 

 

“Thanks for picking up my fiance on your way here, oppa” said Jeongyeon to Chaeyoung 

 

He smiled, “No problem. So where’s Tzuyu?” 

 

“He’s in the kitchen. He looks depressed after seeing these photos” Mina pointed to the TV. 

 

“That’s Sana?” Chaeyoung gasped. “What kind of a cruel person would do this?” 

 

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, 

 

Tzuyu had almost everything in his mind. What was the valid reason for kidnapping her? Why would that guy request for money? Why? Where could I get that kind of amount? How is Sana doing? Is she being treated harshly? Is that guy doing something bad against her? Like physically abusing her? Why? Why didn’t Seolhyun tell me earlier about this? Why? Why did I leave Sana alone? Why did I hurt her again? Why am I so stupid? Why? 

 

And that guy. Could it be? 

 

Flashback 

 

“Sana! Sana wait!” 

 

Tzuyu ran out from the house to find her already leaving with her car. She sped off from his sight. He dashed towards his car but suddenly blocked by an unknown man covered with hoodie. 

 

“Excuse me!” 

 

The man blocked his way again. When Tzuyu tried to go to the left, the man followed. When Tzuyu went to the right, the man didn’t let him pass through. 

 

“What’s your problem dude?! Move away!” yelled Tzuyu 

 

The mysterious man removed his hoodie and grinned at him. 

 

“Remember any familiar face?” 

 

“What the heck is wrong with this guy? Security!” Tzuyu called the securities which were hired by Chaeyoung to guard the housing area 

 

“Any hateful faces you’d like to recall, Chou Tzuyu?” 

 

Tzuyu furrowed his eyebrows with curiosity. 

 

‘How does he know my name?’

 

Two securities came running, “Sir!” 

 

“Get him out of here. He’s uninvited. And guard the place properly will ya?” 

 

“Yes sir!” 

 

End of Flashback 

 

‘Now that makes sense' 

 

‘That explains everything’ 

 

The identity of the kidnapper was occupying his mind that he didn’t notice the presence of Chaeyoung in the room. 

 

“Hey buddy” 

 

He turned to see a smiling Chaeyoung. How glad is he to see his bestfriend, his brother. He embraced the latter with a brotherly hug. 

 

“Chae..” 

 

Chaeyoung knew that he needed him by just the hug, “It’s alright, Tzuyu. It’s gonna be alright” 

 

Releasing the hug, Chaeyoung saw how he was continuously clenching on his jaw. Tzuyu wanted to cry. So Chaeyoung gave a gentle slap on the cheek. 

 

“Don’t. Save your tears. You can let them go after saving Sana. Cry as much as you want in front of her” 

 

“..thanks for coming, Chae” 

 

“So have you thought of any plan?” 

 

“I’m lost. I don’t know where to start, or how to do. The more I think of making a move, the more I think of Sana’s life. She’s in real danger” 

 

“Don’t you want to at least let the police know about this?” 

 

“If I do something that involves anyone else, I’m risking her life, Chaeyoung” 

 

“How are you so sure? Maybe that guy haven’t done anything yet” 

 

“I can feel her. Whatever she feels, I can sense it. Right now she’s scared, Chaeyoung. She’s really scared” 

 

Jeongyeon appeared in the kitchen, “Oppa, someone’s here to see you” 

 

“Who is it, Jeongie?” 

 

“.. Seolhyun” 

 

He officially hates that name. It disgusts him. Tzuyu marched to the front and saw her standing still with a silver briefcase in her hand. 

 

“Why the hell are you here?!” shouted Tzuyu 

 

“Easy, Tzuyu. Easy” comforted Chaeyoung 

 

“What do you want Seolhyun?!” 

 

“I-I came.. to help..” 

 

“HELP? You wanna help me? After teaming up with that bastard?!” 

 

She dropped on her knees begging, “Please. I ask for your forgiveness. I did nothing good but just to let you down and cause troubles to you” 

 

“Who do you think you are to come to my house and beg for forgiveness!” Tzuyu pointed to the TV screen. “See that? That’s my wife. She has been knocked out with a hard-material lamp. And she’s taken to a strange place that she probably haven’t been before. Are you happy now?!” 

 

“Calm down, Tzuyu” said Chaeyoung 

 

“Please someone just make her go away! I’m sick of her!”  

 

“You have to bring me with you. He’s expecting me too..” 

 

“Are you kidding me, Seolhyun?” Tzuyu pierced her with his glare. “Don’t try to be the hero here” 

 

“I’ll pretend in front of him. He doesn’t know that I’m on your side” 

 

“SINCE WHEN I LET YOU TO BE ON MY SIDE HUH?” 

 

“I don’t think you have a choice. I can make him change his mind if you take me with you” 

 

Sarcastically, Tzuyu laughed, “You think I’m gonna trust you this time after all what you’ve done to us? You simply betrayed us, and most importantly, Sana really sees you as a good person. She accepted you as her friend. But all these times you were not sincere” 

 

“Being friends with Sana shi was one of the reasons I’ve decided not to go on with his plan. All the time, I had been carrying a heavy heart. You both treat me nicely. Sana shi makes me feel welcomed everytime I came to the hospital. And I did not even give a straight answer after she asked me to marry you. I felt reluctant” 

 

Her words made him left in silence. 

 

She resumed, “Now I want to help you, Tzuyu. So that you can save her safely, so that I can finally tell her my answer that I don’t wanna marry you because she’s the origin of your happiness” 

 

She said it all. She apologized, explained and confessed.  

 

Mina interruputed, “Tzuyu, I think it’s the best way. She could save the both of you” 

 

“Give me one good reason why, Mina” 

 

“Because she might be the only hope here” 

 

Tzuyu stared at Seolhyun in a fierce way. He tightened his jaw. He felt Chaeyoung holding his shoulder. 

 

“Just do it, for Sana” said Chaeyoung 

 

He exhaled with rolling eyes, “Fine. What is that you’re holding?” 

 

Seolhyun opened the bag revealing the content. 

 

Everyone’s eyes widen and gasped. Green rectangular shaped papers. Money! 

 

“W-where’d you get this?” 

 

She kept silent with her head hung low. 

 

Jeongyeon squatted giving a firm squeeze on her shoulder, “Please tell us where did you get this money, Seolhyun shi” 

 

“I… I can’t tell” 

 

“Why not?” Tzuyu confronted again. “Did you rob a bank?” 

 

Her lips were zipped on purpose. 

 

Mina asked, “Seolhyun, where did you get the money?” 

 

“I.. I just want to help..” 

 

This time, Chaeyoung questioned her, “How much is in that briefcase, Seolhyun?” 

 

She answered with a little hesitation, “.. half. Other half is in my car..” 

 

“I think she stole it from somewhere. I doubt it” Tzuyu crossed her arms 

 

“If something happens about the money, you have to be responsible for it” said Jeongyeon 

 

Seolhyun nodded, “I will” 

 

Chaeyoung and Mina gave Tzuyu the look. The give-her-a-chance look. 

 

“Guys, there’s no way that I’m gonna work with this thief” 

 

Chaeyoung shrugged, “Thief or not, she got the money that he wants. All you gotta do is get your wife back” 

 

“Don’t worry, Tzuyu. We are the witnesses here. She said herself that she’s responsible for the money” said Mina 

 

He let out a heavy sigh while rubbing his temples, “Why Seolhyun? Why are you willing to do this crazy stuff?” 

 

“Because.. it hurts me seeing you hurt..and I want you to be happy with Sana shi” 

 

He held his hips, inhaling the air through his nose and exhaled while stretching his neck. 

 ‘The people, who want to make me happy, are willing to sacrifice something.’ 

****************** 

 

The next morning, after Sana had discovered her odd morning sickness, 

 

“Please let me go.. I really don’t feel well..” 

 

“I’ll let you go when your hubby arrives with the money” 

 

She felt like bursting into tears. She just got into a fight with Tzuyu, she got kidnapped after getting knocked out, and she’s currently feeling like being tortured getting tied tightly to a chair while feeling indisposed. She wanted to go home. She wanted to be in her favourite place of the world, Tzuyu’s arms. 

 

“Why are you doing this?” she asked. “What is the money for?” 

 

“Revenge” he grinned. “The money? For me to enjoy. I wish the money could bail my brother out but the judge said he can’t be bailed out so I’ll just let myself enjoy the world” 

 

“Mark.. never told me that he has a brother..” 

 

“Because you never ask. You never care about him. About his family matter. About his life” 

 

“What wrong did we do to you?” 

 

He stared at her fiercely. Grabbing his chair, he sat in front of her. 

 

He pointed out his finger, “You married my brother. You divorced him and made him the most broken hearted person in the world. And you left him alone in jail” 

 

“I’ve made it clear to your brother that I don’t even love him! Don’t you know the true story? Even the public was aware of it!” 

 

“Oh that he was a fraud? Copying your dad’s signature to transfer all the Minatozaki’s financial to his account? And threatened you using your ill mother and your money? And then he forced you to marry him? Yeah I was aware of it” 

 

“Then don’t you still get it? Mark is evil!” 

 

“Haha” he nodded while grinning. “Yeah he is. He’s the type of a person who won’t give up in getting something. And unfortunately that something was you” 

 

“How dare you call me a thing!” 

 

Suddenly his hand slowly reached for the inside of his jacket, taking out a silver looking weapon. A handgun. 

 

“Wanna get shot?” he looked at her excitingly 

 

Her lower lip shook involuntarily without saying anything. 

 

“Hey I’m asking you, Sana. Do you wanna get shot?” 

 

“No.. no..” 

 

Her breath became uncontrollable when he poked the gun right on her head. 

 

“Give me a kiss then” 

 

“No!” 

 

“Aww. Okay then just on the cheek” 

 

He placed his cheek right in front of her lips. 

 

“Hell no!” Instead of a kiss, she spitted. 

 

He ended up chuckling. He wiped the spit on his cheek using his shirt. After that, he set the gun pointing at her eye. 

 

“You’re gonna die” 

 

“No please I’m sorry!” 

 

She chattered trying to apologize

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter