Chapter 16

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple walked leisurely in the garden. The hospital not only looked after the patients, but also its garden. Colourful bloomed flowers surrounding the area with its wonderful scent. It’s a perfect place for the patients to have a relaxing time.  

 

But among the patients, there was a couple. This couple walked side by side, hand in hand, whiles the girl hugging his arm. They took a moment to inhale the fresh air from the planted fowers. 

 

There was an ocean placed behind the hospital. Someone have to thank the contractor for creating a garden with a tremendously wonderful view of the ocean. 

 

“Wow” 

 

Tzuyu held his breath for a second watching the sunshine reflecting on the surface of the sea water. 

 

“Amazing sight” she rested her head on his shoulder. “I can feel the summer’s coming” 

 

“The water looks so nice, baby” 

 

“Yeah” she used his shoulder to place her chin and softly spoke in his ear. “It reminds me of our honeymoon” 

 

“Aah. Our Malibu honeymoon” he curved his lips from ear to ear. “It was a beautiful honeymoon. Wanna go for a second one?” 

 

Her face went bright, “Seriously?” 

 

“Yeah. Let’s go somewhere far away. Far away from home, from our friends, from our family. And let there be just the two of us” 

 

He stood behind her to lock her tiny waist with his arms. He filled the space between her neck and shoulder with his chin. 

 

“I would love to. Where should we go, seobang?” 

 

“List me tha places you wanna go, baby” 

 

“I’ve wanted to try shopping in Paris and New York. But at the same time I wanna have a good swim in the crystal clear blue ocean in Maldives” 

 

“You wanna go to three places at one time, Sana?” he made her turn facing him. “But I don’t have all the money in the world” 

 

“Babo” she tilted her head with her arms wrapped around his neck. “I’m just listing them like you told me to” 

 

“But you sound like you can’t wait to tick them off your list” 

 

“Perhaps” she shyly smiled. “But I don’t mind really. I don’t want you to spend your money on me” 

 

“Silly” he brushed is nose with hers. “As a hubby of course I must spend my money for you. I’m cool with that” 

 

Tzuyu tucked one hair strand behind the latter’s ear, “Let’s make it like this. Why not we go Maldives for our second honeymoon. New York and Paris would be our third and fourth. Sounds fun?” 

 

She jumped in excitement “Sounds overwhelming! I love you seobang!” 

 

“Love you too baby” 

 

Pulling her hips closer to his, the tanned guy leaned forward to seal their lips together. But suddenly they stopped when someone called for them. 

 

“Hey you two!” 

 

The couple looked to the side to see an old looking man sitting on his wheelchair. 

 

“Hey hey lady. You’re that famous model right?” 

 

“You’re looking at her, pops” smiled Tzuyu with an arm securing her waist. 

 

“What’s your name again? Sana?” 

 

“Yes” she nodded 

 

“Good gracious you are beautiful in person” the old man took out a pen and paper. “May I please get your signature please, sweety?” 

 

“Sure” 

 

With politeness, Sana sent another smile and granted the old man’s wish. 

 

“My oh my how can she be so perfect?” the old man moved his eye to Tzuyu. “Who are you? Her boyfriend?” 

 

“I’m the husband, sir” 

 

“She’s married? Why didn’t I know that?” 

 

“Maybe you should check the internet from time to time, sir” chukled Tzuyu 

 

“Here you go” she returned the paper and pen to the old man 

 

“Internet? I don’t know no internet” he said while taking back his stuffs. “Say, you two look good together. Are you happy with him Sana?” 

 

She threw her arms around Tzuyu, “Joyfully happy” 

 

The old man signaled them to come closer. They came and slightly bent towards him. 

 

“You” the old man pointed at Tzuyu. “When the love of your life is happy, don’t ever make her happiness fade away. Keep that in mind” 

 

The tanned guy nodded, “I’ll keep that in mind, sir” 

 

“And make sure you take her to those three places” the old man began releasing the brake of his wheelchair 

 

“You heard?” Tzuyu blushed 

 

“I was sitting beside the two of you. You both were really in your own world I must tell you” the old man turned his wheelchair. “I better get going or the nurse will scold me. It’s nice meeting the both of you” 

 

“Nice meeting you too sir” 

 

The old man stopped moving and slightly turned, “Oh yeah. Don’t forget to make lots of babies! I bet your kid will look as good as the both of you. Bye now!” 

 

The smile on her face slowly dropped turning into a straight line. He took a glance at her. Her eyes were stuck to the floor. Tzuyu took a deep breath before making her facing him. 

 

“Sana..” 

 

He held her chin. Her gaze moved to him. She met his eyes where he was flashing his warm smile. It’s her favourite. It made her calmed a little. She went forward placing her head against his chest. 

 

“It’s okay” he gently rubbed her arm 

 

“..I’m fine” 

 

“You’re fine?” 

 

“Yes” she nodded. 

 

He landed his lips on her head saying, “One day, baby. Believe me that one day, there will be a miracle” 

******************* 

 

She took the cotton, applied some make-up remover oil on it and rubbed it around the area of her eyes to remove the applied eye shadows and eye liner. Turning on the sink tap, she washed her face thoroughly.  

 

“Mina ah” 

 

Chaeyoung called her from the room. She immediately cleaned the remaining water on her face with a face towel. 

 

“I’m back!” she made herself comfortable beside him on the bed. “Are they on yet?” 

“Yup they’re online” he pressed the ‘enter’ button. “And we’re connected!” 

 

“I’ll stay out from the video frame and make a surprise later” said Mina 

 

“Alright. As you wish” 

 

Soon, a video caller window popped out. 

 

“Chaeyoung!” 

 

“Hi Rose!” Chaeyoung waved to the screen 

 

“Kevin ah, look it’s your uncle” 

 

He saw his little nephew sitting on the mother’s lap trying to get a better view and position in the camera. 

 

“Uncle Chaeyoung! It’s me Kevin!” 

 

“Annyeong Kevin ah! I know it’s you buddy” the boy was so cute he couldn’t help to laugh 

 

“Uncle Chaeyoung can you see Kevin?” the boy removed the distance between the camera making only a part of his nose and eyes appeared in the screen 

 

“Yes I can see you very clearly. But it would be better if you back up a little, Kevin” chuckled Chaeyoung 

 

Even Mina had to cover from bursting into laughter for the kid’s endearing way of attraction.  

“You’ll spoil your eyes if you get too close to the screen, my baby” Rose gently pulled the boy backwards 

 

“Umma how come uncle Chaeyoung can be in the computer? Kevin want too” 

 

“It’s called Skype, my boy. He’s not in the computer. He’s at his house and we can see him through this camera right here” 

 

“Wah! Uncle Chaeyoung can see us like that too?” 

 

“Yes baby” she gave the little kid a peck 

 

“Kevin ah, I got a surprise for you” 

 

“Kevin love surprises!” 

 

Chaeyoung firmly pulled Mina into his embrace to get a perfect shot for both of them in the camera. 

 

“Hi Kevin” she waved with her gummy smiles. 

 

“Aunt Mina!! Aunt Mina aunt Mina Kevin miss you!”  

 

“Aww I miss you too, Kevin. Hi unnie!” 

 

“Hello Mina! Well well looks like someone’s back, good job Chaeyoung” the older girl in the screen made thumbs up 

 

“Oh well” he grinned while scratching his neck. “We had a pretty good night though” 

“Yah!” 

 

“Chaeng!” 

 

“Oops” he had forgotten about the presence of his nephew 

 

“What did uncle Chaeyoung mean by pretty good night, umma?” 

 

“Nothing, baby. Hey why don’t you go and grab your new colouring book and show it to uncle Chaeyoung and aunt Mina?” 

 

“But I don’t know where I put it umma” 

 

“Well then go and find it. Don’t worry they can wait” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter