Chapter 11

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2am in the morning, Sana still couldn’t enter her dreamland. She blinked her eyes many times staring at the empty wall.  

 

The unacceptable fate still flying in her head. Her dream to have a family with Tzuyu, either it will be hard for them, or will vanish into thin air. The thought of her seeing Tzuyu sending their kids to school, now it’s impossible to visualize. She didn’t mind to live her life together with Tzuyu alone, but she’s curious of how their life would be to be just the two of them. 

 

Having Tzuyu by her side made her feel complete and secured. He was the one who always would bring a smile to her face. He would always show the true meaning of love. He’s the guy who gave her a happy marriage life compared than before. 

 

Sometimes people would say ‘couldn’t ask for more’ when their life feels complete. Yes, Sana couldn’t ask for more when Tzuyu first exist in her life. But right at the moment, she just wanted to ask just one small thing. That is, to have a family. 

 

She turned her body around to see his back. He looked like he was asleep. But after knowing him for a long time, he can easily wake up. 

 

“Seobang” 

 

Her sweet tone made him to wake up from his sleep. He lied on his back and opened his right arm widely to give her access into his embrace. 

 

“You’re not asleep yet, Sana?” 

 

His groggy voice caused her smiles to appear. She loved hearing his sleepy voice. It made him sound more charming and manly. 

 

“Can we talk?” she asked 

 

“At this hour?” he glanced at the clock 

 

“I can’t sleep if we don’t talk about it” 

 

“About what?” Tzuyu rubbed his eyes 

 

“About our family” 

 

He rested on his elbow, “Our family?” 

 

She fondled on his fingers, “Tzuyu, is it still possible for us to make a family?” 

 

Staring into her eyes, he took her hand and planted a kiss on it. 

 

“Sana, you went to the doctor by yourself didn’t you?” 

 

Sana nodded, “You were busy with work so I didn’t want to disturb you” 

 

“It’s okay” he smiled. “That shows how brave you are to face the truth” 

 

Her eyes started to glimmer with tears, “But the truth made me weak. Very weak, Tzuyu” 

 

“Hey don’t cry. My Sana is a strong girl, I know” he cupped her face 

 

“Doctor told me I have a low chance, Tzuyu. I might can, but I might not” 

 

She was hopeless and weak, he can see it in her eyes. Perhaps a little scar visible on her heart for the unwanted scene from Seolhyun and himself the day before. He felt like a bad husband, for not being there to support her when she needed him at the first place. 

 

“Sana” he pulled her into his embrace tightly, “We can work this out okay? There’s nothing to be afraid about” 

 

“Sometimes” she sniffed, “I have dreams like you’re standing right beside me when I’m in labour, you’re the one who wakes up at night to check on our baby, and you taking care both of us when we fall sick. And one of the sweetest dreams I had was you bringing us to a vacation just to celebrate our next anniversary and our baby’s first birthday” 

 

“So our child’s birthday would be the same as our anniversary?” 

 

“Yes, but in my dreams..” she closed her eyes 

 

“Hey” he used his thumb to wipe her tears away. “Look at me. Look at your seobang” 

 

Her eyelids flipped open slowly. 

 

“Beautiful eyes. Can I see them everyday?” smiled Tzuyu 

 

“As long as I can feel your warmth, yes you can” she grinned 

 

He let herself to bury into his neck, “You don’t have to be weak. You don’t have to feel hopeless. I’m there for you. I will guide and help you. I will not make you sad. I will make you happy. I will try to not make you cry. I will definitely love you and make you love me back. So there’s nothing to be worried about, Sana. We still have each other. We’ll still be together despite all other obstacles even in the future. I will never let you go. I promise. Take this as my second vow to you” 

 

“Seobang, I’ll try my best okay? To be a better wife to you. And to have a family to ourselves” 

 

“There’s nothing for you to fix, Sana baby. You’re my bestest. I want you to know that I love you so much” he said before planting a kiss on her lips 

 

“I’ll try whatever it takes for us to have a child” she said 

 

“Don’t push yourself, baby” he pulled the blanket to cover them properly. “Come on. Let’s get back to sleep” 

 

She closed her eyes and let him to wrap his arm around her body. The comfy warmth that she liked. That’ll definitely make her go to sleep. 

 

‘Whatever it takes’ 

***************** 

 

Tapping her fingers on the table, Jeongyeon waited for the arrival of her brother and uncle in the meeting room. Meeting was supposed to start in half an hour but she decided to just kill time by thinking of what’s best for her family. 

 

Right then, Tzuyu and Mr.Minwoo entered at the same time along with their laughs. 

 

“Oh hey Jeongie is here!” smiled the tanned guy 

 

“Yes and she seems to be the early one today. Been here long already, kiddo?” Mr.Minwoo removed his coat and hung it to the chair. 

 

“Just feel like to” Jeongyeon forced a smile 

 

Tzuyu took a sit beside his sister with a weird grin, “What’s up there Jeongie? Something in your mind?” 

 

She looked at her brother chuckling while settling some documents. He looked fine. He seemed fine. Perhaps he was faking perhaps not. But how can he seem relaxed when his wife was barren. Doesn’t he feel sad, upset or frustrated about it? 

 

“Oppa” Jeongyeon went forward and gave him a hug. “I love you” 

 

“Okay.. I love you too Jeongyeon. You alright?” he patted her back gently 

 

“Jeongie have been acting weird since this morning. Or you have problems with Nayeon?” the old man asked 

 

Jeongyeon returned to her seat, “Nayeon and I are perfect. Nothing you should worry about me” 

 

While she was browsing through some papers, Tzuyu threw to his uncle a what’s-wrong-with-her look. Mr.Minwoo just shrugged his shoulders as a reply. 

****************** 

After the meeting has ended, the clients and staffs dismissed. Everyone greeted each other with bows before leaving the room. Jeongyeon who noticed her brother suddenly went missing, quickly searched for him outside of the meeting room. 

 

“Oppa!” she saw him heading to the elevator 

 

Tzuyu turned around with a smile, “Yes Jeongie?” 

 

“Where are you going?” 

 

“I’m going to have a quick lunch with Chaeyoung. Wanna join?” 

 

Food would always sounds so inviting for Jeongyeon. But she kept her saliva from drooling after thinking about their ill uncle. 

 

'I better keep an eye on uncle Minwoo' 

 

“Nah it’s okay” 

 

“Are you sure? Jeongie, I’m inviting you to eat lunch. LUNCH. FOOOOD” his eyes grew bigger disbelieving the fact that his sister just rejected the offer 

 

“Yes I am sure. Go ahead. I’ll stay here” 

 

“Well.. whatever you say. I’ll pack you some food” 

 

“Packing sounds nice! If the shop has burger than make it double. I’m craving for burger these days” 

 

Tzuyu laughed at his choding sister. 

 

“Arasso” he kissed her forehead. “I won’t be long okay? Bye now” 

 

He shook his head as he walked his way to the lift. Right on time before pressing the button, it opened. He came to a surprise to see his assistant walking out from there. 

 

It was awkward. 

 

“Oh- hello sir” Seolhyun bowed 90 degree towards him 

 

“.. hi Seolhyun. I’m going out to have a quick lunch” 

 

“Yeah sure yes sir. You probably should because you might be really hungry now because you’ve been in the meeting room since morning. So yeah..” 

 

With a poker face, she mentally knocked her head an obvious reply. 

 

'What the heck are you talking about Seolhyun!' 

 “Uhh.. yes I am.. indeed” 

 

Tzuyu stopped the lift door from closing before stepping in. 

 

“Umm.. sir” 

 

He pressed the ‘open’ button, “Yes?” 

 

“About last night.. at Chaeyoung shi’s house..” 

 

He cut her words, “Forget about it. Just forget about everything” 

 

“I’m.. I’m really sorry sir” 

 

“Seolhyun, just stay out of the way. You’re just my assistant. You are just my extra hands to keep this company maintain its name and position. That’s all. Nothing else. Got it?” 

 

She gulped hard and hung her head low, “Y-yes..” 

 

“Good” he nodded. “I’ll be back in an hour” then Tzuyu closed the door. 

 

Seolhyun held her hands together as she made her way to her desk with a little heartbroken inside. 

******************* 

 

“Eat your food, dude” 

 

Tzuyu had already taken two bites from his food but Chaeyoung didn’t. Instead, he poked on the food with a fork just like a sulky looking child. 

 

“Hey Chaeyoung” 

 

With an elbow on the table, Chaeyoung kept playing with his food. 

 

“Yah, eat up” demanded Tzuyu 

 

“Not hungry” 

 

“You have to eat, Chaeyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter