Chapter 26 + Satzu's Wedding

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years ago, that one day, that very special day, where we stood front of the Justice of Peace. 

 

I remember the date, I remember the time, I remember the weather, the people, and the place. 

 

I wore a white suit. White suits may not pair up with someone who has a tanned skin, but I tell you that I looked good in it. I swear I had all the ladies’ eyes on me. But that was not my intention of wearing it. I wore it so that I would make her to fall more for me, for my heart. And perhaps for my charm and good looks too. And also to let herself know that she’s going to be mine, and I’m going to be hers after we say the two words, three letters. 

 

I wish I could find the perfect word to describe the moment I felt when I saw her walking down the aisle. With her hand hooked into uncle Youngjae’s arm. Let’s put him aside, he’s too tall for me to observe. I swear my heart was going to explode. I felt all kinds of butterfly species flying in my tummy as I set my eyes on her when she stepped in. 

 

She was wearing white. A simple well-tailored dress that hugged her curves perfectly. Her hair all tied up neatly into a bun. Her slender fingers brought up to hold a fine looking bouquet of flowers. She had this princess kind of crown on her head, which added up her cuteness. Her eyes sparkled, her eyelashes curled upwards, and her lips covered with Chanel’s lipstick, that’s what she told me the day after that. Overall, she’s the perfection of beauty. She’s elegant. 

 

She walked up to me, after I said “thank you” to uncle Youngjae. I brought my arm up, letting her to put her arm through mine. I managed to tell her that she looked so beautiful. She replied with a smile. Too shy for words, I suppose. 

 

We stood still at the altar in front of the wedding minister. I couldn’t remember what that old man before us was talking about, because what I had in mind was 

 

‘Minatozaki Sana’ 

 

‘Minatozaki Sana’ 

 

‘Minatozaki Sana’ 

 

Yes. She successfully filled my mind with only her name. Her love is too powerful. And I like it. 

 

“Tzuyu” 

 

She whispered my name. 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“You look stunning” 

 

“I know” 

 

I heard her giggling silently. The wedding minister looked at us with a clearing throat sound. Yikes, we got caught for not listening. Keke. 

 

I remember when the wedding minister resumed his speech, Sana kept squeezing my arm. I took a glance at her, and from there I knew she was nervous as much as I am. 

 

“Relax” I whispered. 

 

I let my free hand to caress on hers. After that, I felt her hand eased. 

 

The wedding minister’s speech was quite long. I can’t remember for how many minutes. My legs were getting a little cramp. I glanced at her many times, thinking that she easily get cramps sometimes. Luckily she didn’t. 

 

“Rings please” requested the wedding minister 

 

I remember that time, Chaeyoung was too immersed with Mina on the bride’s side, blinked his eyes many times when we looked at him, and then he struggled taking out my ring for her. Chaeyoung, next time focus. Then I looked back to see Sana ready with her ring. 

 

“Mr.Chou, please repeat after me” 

 

In your eyes, I have found my home. 

In your heart, I have found my love. 

In your soul, I have found my mate. With you, I am whole, full, alive. 

You make me laugh. You let me cry. 

You are my breath, my every heartbeat. 

I, Chou Tzuyu, am yours. 

You, Minatozaki Sana, are mine. 

Of this we are certain. 

You are lodged in my heart. 

The small key is lost. 

You must stay there forever. 

 

I spoke out each word with loud and clear as I slipped the diamond ring through her finger. 

 

“Ms. Minatozaki, please repeat after me” 

 

You are my inspiration and my soul's fire. 

You are the magic of my days. 

You help me laugh, you teach me love. 

You provide a safe place for me, unlike I've ever known. You free me to sing my own song. 

You are more of an amazement to me, each day I rediscover you. 

You are my greatest boon. 

I, Minatozaki Sana, am yours. 

You, Chou Tzuyu, are mine. 

Of this we are certain. 

You are lodged in my heart. 

The small key is lost. 

You must stay there forever. 

 

Damn, we are so cheesy right? Our wedding vows are really priceless. We’ve decided not to use the common ones. So I told her to write our own vows. After we were done, we then matched them. I swear it’s the most touching thing in the world for me. 

 

“Do you Chou Tzuyu, accept Minatozaki Sana as your lifemate and one true love, promising to share in all that life offers and suffers, to be there for her in times of need, to soothe her in times of pain, and to support her in all endeavors, big and small?” 

 

I already had my smile flashing towards her that time. She’s so beautiful, I swear. I then took a deep breath and said, “I do” 

 

“Do you Minatozaki Sana, accept Chou Tzuyu as your lifemate and one true love, promising to share in all that life offers and suffers, to be there for him in times of need, to soothe him in times of pain, and to support him in all endeavors, big and small?” 

 

She looked into my eyes, with her sweet smile, and said, “I do” 

 

I had my smile to curl more from ear to ear. Just when I heard the wedding minister said, “I now pronounced you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride”. I dived in for the sweetest, most passionate kiss I can ever present to her. I pulled her waist closer and she had her arms around my neck. We didn’t want any gap between us so I hugged her tighter and spun her around without breaking the kiss. 

 

That day, we made history. I married a woman whom I first kiss without asking her name, or any other details. It was destiny, for me to be running away from getting myself glued to an office chair, and for her to marry the baddest jerk that ever existed, and lastly for us to randomly kiss at one place as strangers.  

 

The power of love is strong right? 

 

*********************** 

 

Chou Minatozaki Sana. 

 

I freaking love that name. She wanted to keep her father’s name, she told me last time. I agreed, as a respect towards her late father. 

 

I have been in a semicomatose state for over a month and a half now. My family and friends kept switching shifts from time to time. Loads of stories to tell, I don’t know which to pick.  

 

For example, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon with their never ending pranks on me. Last week, they drew something on my arm. I think my arm’s covered with a cement cast. I have no idea how I got injured there, but I don’t think it’s that bad. Anyways, yeah I think those two drew funny stuffs on my cast. And ended up getting scolded by aunt Jihyo again. Yeah I can’t wait to wake up to take a look on my cast. 

 

Mina once took care of me alone. I heard the rest were helping Sana to move some stuffs and furnitures to our new home. Mina talked to me a lot. She talked about how successful their boutique re-opening event went. And the sales are no joke, more customers keep coming in every day. She sounded content. She told me that she have fully recovered from her little illness before. And she told me that she can’t wait to be the next in line for pregnancy. She had been taking in healthy foods in order to have a healthy baby. She’s getting herself ready for sure. 

 

What else? Oh there was one time where Jeongyeon decided to stay a little longer. So she joined Sana to look after me. Sana asked that choding many times what happened to my partially grown mustache, and who drew on my cast. But that choding put all the blames on Chaeyoung. Keke, I’ll sure get her first when I wake up. 

 

Most of the times, of course it was Sana who stayed by my side. Only once or twice, she stayed at home after Chaeyoung and Mina encouraged her to get a good rest. And that couple didn’t do any naughty stuff this time. Phew. 

 

There was a few times, where I heard Sana crying in my arms. Sometimes she just sobs silently in one corner. But then she said nothing. Sometimes she tells me how much she misses me, my sweet talks, my hugs and kisses, and soon it leads to the part where we haven’t had for a long time. One month and a half is quite long. Yeah, she boldly told me that she missed it so much. 

 

I think I have slept for long enough. I think it’s time for me to wake up. 

 

The first thing I want to do when I wake up is, 

 

to see Chou Minatozaki Sana. 

****************** 

 

“Here are you sandwiches, Mrs.Chou! As usual no cucumbers” 

 

“Thank you, Sam!” 

 

“One packet of Strawberry Chocolates. As usual, extra two strawberries only for you, Mrs.Chou” 

 

“Thank you, Julie” 

 

Sana skipped her way from the cafeteria back to the room. One month and a half, the hospital’s environment was very friendly. She felt happy whenever people called her “Mrs.Chou”. Now not only everyone knows her for her fame as a priceless model, but now everyone recognizes her as Tzuyu’s wife. 

 

She hummed on random songs as she returned to the ward room. She straight away headed to the sofa. 

 

“Alright. Sandwiches and strawberry chocolates, yummy!” 

 

Sana made herself comfortable on the sofa and focused on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter