Chapter 21

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung watched her from outside the room. He called a doctor over to their house since she refused to go to the hospital. The doctor examined her properly. He could see her scrunching her face when the doctor injected her on the arm. He hated to see her this way. She was suffering in pain and he can feel it. He then heard them conversing, but it wasn’t clear to where he was standing. The way Mina gave him the look, he couldn’t stand it. But he waited until the doctor was done. 

 

“Mr.Chaeyoung” 

 

He had his ears open, ready to guard his wife with his life. 

 

“I spoke to your wife, and asked her a few questions. She informed me that she took contraceptive pills before this but then she stopped. Mr.Chaeyoung, her body is now familiar with those pills so when she’s not taking it anymore, it’s giving her some effects as the body is demanding for it” 

 

“So the pain she’s been complaining is actually the effects?” 

 

“Yes, Mr.Chaeyoung. Headaches, chest pains, blurry visions, nausea, abdominal pains, and others. Earlier today she had another headache, a severe one. She told me that she’d been having chest pains when she’s asleep” 

 

Chaeyoung could only nod when the questions popping in his head were now being answered. 

 

“I already gave her a boost of vaccine” the doctor handed over a pack of medicines. “The instructions are on it. Just make sure she eats it after her meals” 

 

“Doc.. will she be alright? Coz.. she’s my wife. I love her and I don’t want anything bad happen to her” Chaeyoung looked like he was going to cry 

 

The doctor patted him on the shoulder with a smile, “Not to worry, Mr.Chaeyoung. Luckily she informed you about her aches this early. If she tells you quite late, it might lead to a serious disorder” 

 

“But.. she’s not getting them right?” 

 

“She’s fine now. She may be experiencing a few more aches since the vaccine is taking time to heal her body. I suggest you to stay by her side all the time” the doctor gave him a card. “If there’s any problem, please contact me as soon as possible. But looking at your wife’s condition right now, she’ll get better soon and she’ll be fine” 

 

“Thank you so much doctor” 

 

“Take good care of her, Mr.Chaeyoung. If not, the male fans out there will haunt you forever, including me” the doctor joked before leaving the house. 

 

Chaeyoung then went to the kitchen to prepare a simple snack for Mina. After that, he went upstairs. 

 

“Hi” he smiled approaching her with the tray 

 

“Chaeng.. did the doctor tell you everything?” 

 

He nodded while making himself comfortable beside her. He carefully repositioned her so she would lay her back on his chest as he pulled the blanket to warm themselves. 

 

“I believe my Mina is a strong girl” 

 

“I’m sorry Chaeng.. If I didn’t take the pills, I wouldn’t be a burden right now” 

 

“Hey” he made her to face him. “Don’t ever, ever say like that again, you got me? What has happened let it happen then. We’re both in this together remember? You’re not a burden. You’re my wife, you’re the love of my life. I love you Mina. I love you so much, so don’t ever say that again okay?” 

 

He was dead serious. His eyes were flaming but at the same time they were full of love. She gave him a nod before sealing her lips with his. 

 

“I love you too Chaeyoung. Thank you” 

********************* 

 

Tzuyu and Sana were on their way to Chaeyoung’s house. 

 

“I hope she’s just fine” said Tzuyu while driving 

 

“Chaeyoung said she’s crying in pain?” Sana asked 

 

“Yeah that’s what he told me” 

 

“I hope it’s nothing serious. Because it could be the side effects from the pills” 

 

“How’d you know, Sana?” 

 

“I’m just guessing, Tzuyu. It could be it because she stopped taking the pills right?” 

 

He agreed with a nod, “True” 

 

Tzuyu’s phone suddenly rang. He answered it after connecting with his earphone. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Good morning, Tzuyu. I’m sorry to disturb you” 

 

“Oh Seolhyun ah. What’s up?” 

 

Sana glanced at him sneakily from the side. 

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt your days off Tzuyu but I think you have to return to work by tomorrow. More and more clients have been calling about your disappearance. Trust me I’ve tried to explain in detail but they said if you won’t be in tomorrow’s meeting, all the deals and projects will be off. I’m sorry Tzuyu” 

 

He sighed, “It’s okay Seolhyun. Thank you so much. I’ll come tomorrow don’t worry” 

 

“Okay. Bye now” 

 

“Bye” 

 

Tzuyu pulled out the earphone from his ear and explained to Sana, “That was Seolhyun. Looks like I gotta go to work tomorrow since the clients can’t wait any longer” 

 

All she replied was just a nod. She looked out through the window, feeling a little worried inside. Because she had yet to tell him the silly mistake she did by offering Seolhyun to marry him. But she wasn’t sure whether to tell, or not. 

 

Sana took out her phone and began texting 

 

Fr : Sana 

To : Seolhyun 

I hope we can arrange a meeting tomorrow. At a simple café would be fine. There’s something important I need to tell you. 

 

******************** 

 

Seolhyun rubbed on her temples firmly. Work had been a stress. Handling boss’ angry clients were never easy. After sending e-mails and replying to them about Tzuyu’s return for the next day, she threw her back against the chair with a big relief. 

 

Starting to feel relax, her eyes caught the noise approaching to her table. 

 

“What the” 

 

She saw two security guards dragging a man. And that man was no any other than Mathew himself. 

 

“What’s the problem here?” she sprung up. 

 

“This guy has been trying to get his way to you, Miss Seolhyun. He seems to be a little suspicious when he didn’t want to reveal his identity. Do you happen to know this man?” 

 

“Hi Seolhyun” Mathew plastered a smirk on his face 

 

She looked at him with a gulp, “It’s okay guys. He’s just a friend of mine. He’s really sensitive when someone asks his name. You may leave now guys” 

 

“Yeah, soooo sensitive” he laughed while chewing a gum 

 

The guards released his arms, “Apologies sir” and left them. 

 

Mathew straightened his jacket and looked around, “Woohoo. So this is the Chou’s company eh? Can I burn it down already?” 

 

“Shut up or the staffs are gonna hear you!” she whispered 

 

Seolhyun grabbed his hand, pulling him to somewhere private. She closed the door after bringing him to an empty meeting room. 

 

“What do you think you’re doing? You can’t just walk into this building like that and just to see me!” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter