Chapter 16

Capturing the Celebrity's heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Tzuyu's Side)

The song faded. Her heartbeat was still loud as the music's beating.

"That was nice, kids!" JYP complemented with a clap. "Let's get started with the second voice." Twice nodded with a smile. He then notice Tzuyu still standing like a manequin. "You can take your seat now, Tzuyu-ssi."

She flinched. "S-Sorry." Sitting back with a small blush tinting her cheeks.

After JYP turned the mic off—for communicating to the booth—he then faced her with a curious look. "So, how was the song? Too bubbly?"

Tzuyu shook her head with an awkward grin. "Uh- no. I find it amazing actually. I-I like the beating."

The man nodded his head before facing back the computer and checked the song's music track. "Since your lyrics is about for someone who you had a crush with, I find it much better to have an upbeat-type of beating to give the lyrics an energetic vibes." He glanced with a smile before continuing. "Since it's about 'young love', get me?"

Tzuyu nodded her head nonchalantly. She doesn't really know anything about composing songs. Heck! She didn't even realized she had written a lyrics.

What love does.

"I-I like the song, PD-nim. I was overwhelmed that you decided to make it as one of Twice's songs."

He then pressed the mic button. "Ten minutes, review the second voice sequence." After hearing the group says 'yes' he then turned off again. He then turned his chair to fully face her.

Tzuyu swallowed hard and stay as is. She felt that he's going to drill her with questions. His looks were so intimidating making her feeling so small.

"I'm really curious, Tzuyu-ssi."  He said. Kneading his fingers together bringing it under his chin. "As far as I know, you're not really the musically-inclined type." Nodding, pressed his lips. "So, I immediately assumed you wrote it for someone." He added a smirk. "Who's the guy?"

Tzuyu darted her eyes around the room with an much awkward smile. She even felt her sweat drops turned into ice cubes. "I was just inspired, not really for someone specific."

JYP nodded. "But I can feel the scent of 'love' in your lyrics Tzuyu-ssi. All of my lyricist here were inspired depending on what influenced them the most. Take Monotree—for example—her lyrics were same as yours—all about her crush—same style since she's too shy to confess." He raised both brows. "As a lyricist as well, I know when a person is inspired to something—or someone."

Tzuyu swallowed hard. How is she even going to tell him that she was head over heels to one of his 'kids' in Twice? Would he even permit her? 

"Don't worry about liking an idol." He said with a shrugged.

'No, this is so sudden. It's probably a bait question.' She thought. "Idols are likable anyway."

The man nodded and intertwined his own fingers and brought it up to his face. "So you're saying someone you like is an idol?"

Tzuyu can feel the tension already, but of course she knew how not to fazed and keep calm. She shook her head.

"Okay, then who? I probably wouldn't know anyway." He added a chuckle.

Before she could answer, the door swung open and both of them looked at the new comer.

"PD-nim,"

"Ah, Sana-ssi-" JYP smiled as the girl approaches. "Is there a problem?"

Tzuyu was frozen in her place while staring at Sana. She can't believe that the girl she wrote the lyrics for is here in front of her conversing with JYP about the singing sequence. Nonetheless, she didn't say a word and just look at the monitor for a little entertainment and a little distraction.

"What do you think, Tzuyu-ssi?" 

She flinched and looked at the man. "Y-Yes? Pardon?" She added a small smile. She can also feel how intense Sana's eyes looking at her.

"I was asking if the sequence was okay?" JYP repeated. 

Tzuyu nodded. "Uh- yeah. It's fine—I think." She then scratched her nape and looked away. 

As JYP continued explaning things to Sana, her eyes can't help but steal a glance at the girl. 

'I am crazy.' She thought. Taking a deep breath before silently exhaling it. 'I can't concentrate like this—not when she's around. Tsk.'

"You okay there, Tzuyu-ssi?"

"Eh?" Tzuyu looked at the man. She then noticed that Sana already left and went back to the booth.

JYP shook his head with an amused grin. "Thinking deep, are we?"

She looked away with an awkward grin. "S-Sorry, I was just thinking about the song."

Witty.

"I am sensing you are thinking about someone you like."

.

"I wouldn't assume if I were you." Her tone became cold. 

Whenever she's in a defensive mode, her tone will become quieter and lower than the usual. 

Rubbing her temple, she sighed. "Don't mind me, PD-nim. Can I get back to work now?" She asked politely with a small smile.

"Not yet, you should see how the song goes. If ever you don't like something we can change it."

"I think it is fine already? Uhm-" Darting her eyes to the screen then to the girls inside the booth. She then saw how Sana was giggling, though she can't hear them but it was obvious enough that Momo was the one talking about something that made laugh. Oh how she really wanted to hear those again.

"Ah, I see." JYP said taking back her attention.

"Yes, PD-nim?"

"You like one of them."

Oh .

"Eh? I was just curious since they are busy laughing and all." Tzuyu shrugged. 

"Right," He smirked. "I'm really curious about who you like though. Why won't you tell me?"

"It's a private matter, PD-nim." Stopping herself from rolling her eyes. She just yawned while covering . "My apologies. I'm just tired."

"Well, you can go home now." He said while turning back to the computer.

"Really?"

"No, of course." He chuckled as she rolled her eyes. "Not after this recording is done." He then pressed the mic. "Let's start. Ready?" After the approval of the girls, he then played the recorded song earlier. 

As Twice kept adding the second voice, Tzuyu was in a trance everytime it was Sana's turn.

'Oh God.'

Sana looked like an angel to her eyes. She also realized how the girl is not her usual bubbly self as well. Sana clings a lot especially when she's around, but these past few days it's all different. When they passed bg each other, Sana will just smile and bow a bit then walke away. Unlike before, she was always engulfed with a hug. Did she do something wrong? Sana became distant after they had their trip at Nami island, or was she just thinking too much?

"You like Sana?"

JYP's voice brought her back in a flinched and looked at him in surprised. 

"Did you say something, PD-nim?" She asked and her heart was about to jump off.

"I said, you like Sana?" His smile was gone and was replaced by a terror aura. I think he didn't like what he assumed.

Tzuyu swallowed another air, preventing herself from giving away. Hurriedly composing herself, she sighed. "I didn't say that I like Sana."

"I'm sure I heard you mumbling her name while looking at her."

JYP's voice became an authoritative and it's scaring the out of her.

Tzuyu shook her head once again and looked at him. "I don't like her that way. I like someone else."

Hearing gasped, both of them looked at the booth. They then found the girls looking at them with wide eyes. Sana was just looking at the paper she was holding and seems like she didn't even noticed.

"Oh, I forgot." JYP said while turning the mic off. 

In short, Twice heard everything. Tzuyu started to sweat like crazy. She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter