Chapter 11

Capturing the Celebrity's heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I did say "majority wins". So, here you go.

••••••••••

(Sana's Side)

"Ugh! This is so frustrating!" Sana squealed in annoyance while holding on to her phone while trying to melt the screen with her intense gaze.

"What's wrong?" Nayeon asked as she looked up from the book she was reading.

"This author is pissing me off!" She stomped her feet on the wooden floor.

Nayeon had her brows scrunched before finally get what the raging squirrel meant. She nodded. "Ahh, the story you always follow?" The latter nodded. "What happened this time?"

"She got Tzuyu-ah beaten up! I so hate her!" 

Nayeon chuckled. "You sound so funny getting worked up with that story." She then looked back to her book. "What's the title again?"

Sana settled her phone down with a big sigh as she leaned back on the fluffy sofa of their dorm. "Capturing the celebrity's heart." She sighed again."On the first book, Tzuyu got into an accident and on the last chapter, I was the one who got amnesia. Ugh-"

The older girl nodded with a small smirk. "Why not try to make it come true then? The love story, I mean."

Sana can feel her face burning with the sudden thought. "NO WAY!"

"Why not?" Nayeon glanced at her then back to the book. "I mean, you had a crush on her ever since she was introduced to us as our new Photographer? That story is almost eighty percent correct in reality." She added a chuckle. "So yeah, why not?"

"Reality and fictions are way too different." Sana pouted.

"That's why you're drowning yourself reading that instead of making it come true?" The older pondered.

Sana sighed again and sulk deeper on her seat.

"Okay, I've got to admit. I had only read the first book, but I must say that, that author is pretty accurate when it comes to attitudes and situations—it's like he/she had a camera in our dorm." Nayeon shrugged. "I mean, whoever would have thought writing a story between a celebrity and a normal person?"

Sana just looked at her quietly.

"As far as I know, celebrities tend to be paired with a celebrity as well—usually, that is." She glanced back to her book. "So I was kind of surprised. You had a luck with that story, it's the only story that you were paired off with your crush—who is not a well-known personality."

"Yeah, you're right." Sana looked up and wondered about the story.

"Maybe the author is someone we know?" Nayeon added a chuckle.

Sana looked at her in disbelief. "I don't think so."

"Reading that story sometimes creeps me out, okay? How did she- he—whatever gender that person has—knows I would whine that way when in fact I only do that to people I am comfortable with—only in offcams even. Don't you find it mysterious at the same time? That author-"

"Author who?"

The two of them looked up and finds the penguin with a laptop in hand while walking towards them and sat across their sofa.

"Nah, we're just talking about the author of the story Sana was reading." Nayeon said and continues to read her stranded pages.

Mina nodded. "That uhm- photographer's heart?" Sana nodded making her nod as well. "Ah, yeah I have read that as well."

The oldest girl snorted. "Well, who wouldn't when she tried to force you into reading her love story that only exist in books."

"Yah! You're so mean!" Sana hugged a pillow and buried her face on it.

"Yeah, Sana-unnie. Why not make a move on her?" Mina asked and noticed Nayeon mouthing 'what are you doing'. "I'm playing." She turned the screen to let them see and then back to her game again.

"You guys make it sound so easy." Sana retorted.

"Love is never easy." Nayeon shot back in a rather serious manner this time that made the squirrel startled. "Not all things are."

"No pain, no gain." Mina added while her eyes are focused on the screen.

"Yeah-" The latter nodded and looked at Sana. "Even in games."

Sana's brow furrowed. "Love is not a game."

Nayeon stopped reading and closed the book to focus on her. "Love is a game. You cannot have the reward you wanted if you won't gamble on it."

Sana blinked and shot back. "It's not! You don't play with feelings!"

"But you can't do anything if fate is the one playing."

This made her stare at Nayeon who seems to be arguing in the correct side. Not that she was wrong, but Nayeon was also right. You can't win if you won't play how fate wants it.

Sana leaned back and stopped arguing. She really can't win against a debate with her unnie especially when the older girl is serious.

"I suggest, you make a move. I sometimes see Tzuyu-ah receiving flowers and gifts from staffs and other male idols. You know that she got the face." Nayeon said and leaned back as well.

"Love is a game." Mina repeated while still playing. "You need to play your cards well."

"And, there is only one thing you'll end up." Momo suddenly entered the living room with a cup noodle in hand and sat on the floor. "Have her, or lose her."

Sana was shot back to back by her members and sighed. They are right, you can't have the person you like if you won't try getting her.

"It's all about taking risk—if you're ready that is."

They all turn their heads and saw their leader leaning against the wall sideways with arms crossed.

"How long have you been standing there?" Nayeon asked.

"Few minutes after Momo entered, I heard all of your conversations in the room." Jihyo said, Momo then nodded. She then looked at Sana. "When you play a game, it's about taking risk as well. You play it right, you get it. You make the wrong move, you lose it."

"I even heard that some female idols tend to flirt and get her attention." Mina inserted making Sana's heart squirm in jealousy. "When it rained perfection, she was probably walking outside without knowing it'll pour."

Jihyo snorted at the penguin's remark. "She's right, Sana." She nodded. "Tzuyu-ah is a one big catch." Jihyo wiggled her brows. "Well, think about it." She then left to her room.

Momo followed. "You're just making yourself starve to the most expensive cuisine of your life that's free." Then disappeared behind the door.

"Try winning. There are a lot of gamers in line." Mina stands and picked up her laptop. "Once you lose, everything changes."  

Seeing Mina left with her words slapped right across her face, she couldn't help but sulk even more.

They are right. It when they are all right.

The girl beside her shut her book with a sigh. "Perfect love stories only exist in books." She then looked at her. "It's much more of than a romantic chick flick in reality—where pain is real and love is confusing."

Nayeon gave another sigh before leaving the room. "We have practice tomorrow! Sleep early!" She added.

Sana could only stare at her phone with an open page of the story. Biting her lip, she kept contemplating about what to do.

'Am I even allowed to be her girlfriend?' She asked herself. 'Even befriending her was hard.'

She stared at the bottom page where an empty star is beside a bubble box. An empty bubble box.

Of course, nobody would give comments in this kind of story. No one knew who Tzuyu is. She's just someone paired off to her.

Another sigh.

'I'm just someone who's an unnie to her and nothing more.'

••••••••••

(Other girl's Side)

"Hey, Tzuyu-ah." 

The said girl hummed without bothering to remove her eyes from the computer screen. "What is it, Chae?"

Chaeyoung pushed her rolling chair towards the younger one who's currently busy editing an idol's photo. "Sana-unnie is really pretty." She commented nonchalantly while looking at the screen.

Yes, Tzuyu is currently editing Minatozaki Sana's photo. And she said nothing, just continuing her work with a straight face.

"I sometimes wonder," Chaeyoung paused. "Do you find her pretty?"

Tzuyu just gave a quick glance. "Indeed, she is. Every female idol that passed by my camera is pretty, not only her."

'She's so serious.' Chaeyoung scratched her head. "Well, for me- she's one of the prettiest. Twice got a lot of visuals."

The latter ignored her and continued working on it.

"I'll get some coffee on a café down the street, want some?" She asked while standing.

"Macchiato with more milk, please. Thank you."

"Noted." She said, when she opened the door a pale girl along with a boyish girl appeared. "Oh Dahyunnie, Hyung. Just gonna get some coffee, want some?"

The two girls went in and settled their cameras on the table.

"Steamed milk." Dahyun said.

"Espresso, make it double." Jeongyeon sighed and rubbed her temple while leaning back on her chair. "I'm gonna need it since I had a lot of editing to do. I probably can't go home again."

"Okay, copy." She then shut the door and left.

Dahyun massaged her neck and made a cracking sound. "Ahh- I need a massage. This month is pretty hectic."

"Yeah," Jeong commented. "Now I'm assigned to Stray Kids and Day6 this week for their upcoming mini album."

"Ugh- speaking of albums, I'm also assigned to Got7 and 2PM next week. Holy mother- I'm gonna die." The pale girl whined. "Chaeyoung is pretty lucky to only handle solo artist for their advertisement shoots."

"Uhuh- and this one," Jeongyeon pointed a thumb on the silent girl on the side editing. "Had only Twice to focus on."

"Had only Sana-unnie to focus on." Dahyun added with a teasing smirk, but the girl still didn't bother to mind them.

Jeong laughed. "Sana is really friendly, I must say. And too friendly when it comes to Tzuyu."

Tzuyu glanced at them. "What's the problem with you?"

The older girl shrugged. "Nothing, just saying that Sana got the hots for you."

Tzuyu rolled her eyes. "I'm not interested." She then turned away and back to her work.

"Yeah, just like all of those who tried to court you." Jeong said. "But I think Sana's different, y'know?"

"I don't care." Tzuyu mumbled.

"She's beautiful, talented and above all-" The hyung stands and slings her arm over the youngest while wiggling her brows. "y~"

Tzuyu's face scrunched up in disgust. "Unnie. . . "

Jeong pulled away with a laugh. "Okay, okay- but seriously, look-" She then pointed at Tzuyu's screen. "She's not bad for a y-cutie that had the hots on you~"

Tzuyu sighed. "Don't take her actions into something serious. Sana-unnie is just friendly, and I don't see anything that relates to her being friendly and to her having a hots—you say—for me. She's like that to everyone."

"Not really," Dahyun retorted as she pushed her rolling chair next to Tzuyu's table. "I think only to you." She then opened the computer and connected a cord from the camera to the CPU. "She always looks at you while you're taking pictures of her other members. And hey- I saw that with my own two eyes."

Tzuyu sighed. "There's nothing interesting in me."

"Whoa- whoa- did you just say 'nothing'?" Jeong slammed a hand on top of Tzuyu's table startling the two girl making her mumble a small 'sorry'. "Anyways, there are lots of interesting things in you Tzuyu-a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter