006

Score 2:1 [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV - 

I woke up to the sounds of what sounded like someone dying. Obviously, someone wasn't dying, it was just Jisung. He got sick over the week and it wasn't getting any better. His loud coughs filled the house, waking up anybody that was asleep. It was a bit irritating to be woken up by his cough, but once you hear his cough again that anger went away. I felt bad for him because it sounded horrible.  

I got out of bed and washed up since there was no point in trying to go back to sleep. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower before I went downstairs. It was pretty empty in the house. Seohee and Jihoon weren't in their rooms and they weren't in the living room either. "Where is everybody?" I asked my mom as I entered the kitchen. 

"They went out," she responded back as she was preparing a soup, which I assumed was for Jisung. I decided to keep it simple and go with cereal for breakfast. I grabbed the milk and heated it up before I poured the cereal.

 "Seohyun, I need you to do something," my mom suddenly said as she sat down at the table with me with her cup of coffee. I nodded my head letting her know that I was listening. "I have to go in for work today, which means no one is going to be home today. I need you to stay and look after your brother....." she told me. 

"Oh, okay.......what should I make for lunch?" I asked her.

"I wrote down the instructions on how to make chicken rice porridge. We have all the ingredients, so you don't have to worry about buying anything," she told me. I just nodded my head in response. My mom just smiled and patted my head. 

Once I was done with my cereal I decided to help my mom wash the dishes as she was upstairs getting ready to leave. I heard Jisung leave his room so I prepared his breakfast for him. My mom already made the soup, so I just served it in a bowl and placed it all on the table. He came down after washing up. Despite taking a shower and trying to freshen up, he looked horrible. 

"Your breakfast is ready," I said as I pulled out the chair for him. He just nodded his head and sat down. He ate in silence. I didn't want to bother him so I just went to the living room. 

"Okay, I'm going to leave soon. Jisung, once you're done eating go back up to your room and rest. Seohyun will cook you lunch later, so make sure to come down and eat when she gets you, okay?" My mom said as she came downstairs. Jisung nodded his head as he took his medicine. I walked my mom to the door. 

"Thanks again Seohyun," she told me as she ruffled my hair. I smiled and shook my head, "No problem. Might as well help him get better faster, I don't like seeing him like that," I told her pointing at Jisung who was heading back upstairs. 

 

It was noon and I was still in the living room. I spent the first half of my time doing my homework. But since I didn't have much to begin with I was able to finish it in under an hour. So for the remainder of the time, I just read a book. It was getting close to lunchtime so I decided to start cooking lunch for Jisung. 

As soon as I got up to head over to the kitchen the doorbell rang. I walked over and opened the door to see who it was. "Oh...Jaemin, Jeno......" I said as I opened the door. 

"Hey Seohyun," Jaemin said as he waved to me. 

"We came by to check up on Jisung," Jeno said. 

"Oh, he's asleep right now........" I told them. They just nodded their heads in response and looked at each other. "I guess we should get going then...." Jaemin said scratching the back of his head. 

"No, you guys can stay and wait for him to wake up. I'm making lunch for him and there's going to be lots of leftovers, you guys can stay for lunch....." I told them. They looked at each other and then at me. They smiled and nodded their heads in unison. I opened the door wider letting the two come into the house. 

I went to the kitchen, with the boys following from behind. I went over to the fridge and saw a piece of paper hanging there. It was the instructions left by my mom. I looked over everything and found something at the bottom, "P.S You can make yourself some tteokbokki," I read aloud. 

"So what are you going to make him?" Jaemin asked as he came closer to me. He was standing next to me, while Jeno was also near me but leaning against the counter. I looked at the two and felt my heart accelerate a bit. "Uh....she wants me to make chicken rice porridge for him, and she also said that I could make tteokbokki for myself," I told them. 

"Oh, how about we make him something sweet as well. Like maybe blueberry muffins?" Jeno suggested. I nodded my head, agreeing with the idea. "Oh, but I don't have blueberry muffin mix......" I told him. 

"Jeno can go and fetch it while we cook. And when he returns you two can bake together," Jaemin suggested. Jeno and I looked at each other and nodded our heads, "Sounds like a plan to me!" Jeno said. He soon left the house, leaving me and Jaemin all alone in the kitchen.

"To speed things up a bit, why don't I prepare the tteokbokki and you prepare the porridge. I also don't want to mess up Jisung's food......" Jaemin told me. I nodded my head in agreement. I took out all the pans and pots that we would need to cook our dish. I was by the sink washing the ric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter