EPILOGUE | Score 4:3

Score 2:1 [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV -

I happened to meet Jeno at the convenience store, so I ended up walking home with him. "How's this semester been?" he asked as we were walking. "It's been okay I guess. It was definitely a lot better than the fall semester, that's for sure. It's just shocking how fast this spring semester went by. I can't believe I'm going to be in my second year of college," I responded back.

"Yeah, it's crazy that I'm going to be a junior in this upcoming semester. Just one year away before I'll graduate," Jeno added on. 

On our walk home, we talked about the little things in life. So much has changed since we entered college. We've become adults and on the path that could potentially set the rest of our lives once we graduate. "Honestly, it's crazy how Jaemin could just easily reject the offer. I don't understand what's wrong with him," Jeno stated as he shook his head. 

"What offer?" I asked a bit confused.

"The Spain training program........."

I tilted my head and gave him a confused look. "What?"

I could see Jeno's eyebrow rise as he observed my actions. "Did he not say.......umm, I better get going," he said as we arrived in front of my house. I grabbed his arm before he tried to run off and raised my brows. "Lee Jeno, you better tell me right now what this Spain thing is!" I demanded. 

He sighed as he managed to get his arm off my grip. "He got an offer for this training program. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to be, but I know it's more than a couple of months. He didn't even take a day to think it over. He was set on not going. I tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't budge. I thought he talked it over with you and decided on his own....but I guess not."

I was shocked. My mouth was opened and I was a loss for words. "Are you serious? He didn't even mention this to me! I swear when I see him I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. Why would he turn something down like this?" I exclaimed. Jeno just nodded his head, "Yeah, talk some sense into him."

 

I made my way to the soccer field. I took a shower and got something to eat before I made my way to the field. I didn't need to text him for his location because I just knew he would be here. "Na Jaemin!" I yelled out as soon as he entered my vision.

"Oi! Han Seohyun!" he exclaimed back. As soon as I came close to him he pulled me in for a hug and kissed my forehead. "What brings you here at this time?" he asked me. 

"Why aren't you going to Spain for the training program?" I bluntly asked him. I guess he was taken aback as he took a couple of steps back and tilted his head. "What? Did Jeno tell you?" he asked. I ferociously nodded my head. "Yeah, I heard it from him and not you. Why?" I asked as I jabbed a finger at his chest. 

"It's not something important. It doesn't matter...." he responded. I shook my head and scoffed. "Not important! Are you kidding me, I remember you and the boys talking about it when we were back in high school! Why don't you want it anymore?"

"I just don't want to go....." he told me. He avoided my gaze and just stared at his cleats. "Jaemin.....what's the real reason."

He sighed and turned away. He walked over to where he left the ball and kicked it. The ball violently hit the back of the net and managed to roll its way back to where I was standing. 

"The program is for a year and a half." 

"And?"

"And? Seohyun, that's 18 months! 18 months away from home. 18 months away from you!" he exclaimed as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter