005

Score 2:1 [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV - 

It was Monday and the day went by, spending most of it inside the school. But now, it was that time of day that I dreaded the most. It was the second to last period of the day and just when I couldn't get more tired this class always finds a way to get me completely exhausted. I left the locker room and entered the gym. I walked towards the Chenle and Daehwi, who was sitting on the bleachers.  "Guess what we just heard?" Chenle asked me as I say down in between the two. 

"What? That we're going to have a joint class with the seniors. More specifically, Haechan and Renjun's class....," I responded nonchalantly. Daehwi and Chenle looked at me with a surprised expression, "How did you know?" Daehwi asked me. Before I could respond back our gym teacher came in and blew the whistle. It was a signal for everyone to sit on their roll call spots. He stood in front as we settled down. 

"Okay class, today we're going to have a joint class with the seniors today. And today will also be an extended class. It will take up the last two periods of the day," the teacher announced to us. The athletic kids in my class cheered loudly, while the others silently groaned.  I let out a sigh of dissatisfaction. One period was 45 minutes, which was already too long to begin with, but now with the class taking up two periods that means I'd be spending an hour and a half in the gym. 

The senior class finally came to the gym we were located in. We started off with our daily warmups, which consisted of stretches, push-ups, sit-ups, and planks. After our warmups, the teachers motioned us to get up. "Walk around the gym and when you hear the whistle start running. You'll stop once you hear the next whistle," the teacher instructed. Kids started grouping up as we started walking around. I was already with Chenle and Daehwi since we were in the same class. Haechan and Renjun walked our way once they found us in the sea of kids. 

"I wonder what they're going to make us play," Renjun said. 

"Yeah me too, they'll probably mix up the two classes together so that it won't be seniors against juniors," Haechan added on. 

As we were walking I noticed Jeno and Jaemin. They were walking with Guanlin, a kid from my class and their soccer teammate. "What about you Seohyun?" Daehwi asked. I looked over at them and tilted my head, "Huh?" 

"Were you not listening!" Haechan nagged. I shook my head, "No, it's just I was thinking," I told them. Renjun looked over to the opposite side of the gym. "Thinking, huh?" He said as he pointed at Jeno and Jaemin. The others looked to where Renjun was pointing and started getting rowdy. "Han Seohyun, it must be your lucky day," Haechan said as he nudged me. I shook my head ferociously, "Oh my god, quite it guys!" 

Jaemin and Jeno turned over and looked at our direction. I saw a look of realization on their faces. They waved at me, so I waved back. "I pray that you will be teamed up with Jeno," Daehwi said as he nudged me. "Yeah, me too!" Chenle added on. I looked over at my friends and saw stupid smirks on their faces. They were getting worked up again and I knew it was going to be a long day with them teasing me.

The teacher blew the whistle, signaling everyone to start running. We spent about a good three minutes running around the gym before the whistle blew again. They let us walk around for another two minutes so that we could catch our breaths. Once we were done walking around the teachers signaled all the kids to sit back down with their class. They started counting us off.

"Okay, all the seniors and juniors with the number one come to the right side of the gym. And all the seniors and juniors with the number two go to the left side," one of the teachers instructed. Chenle and I got number one so we walked over to the right. I noticed Renjun and Jaemin walk towards the right side as well. "Damn, no Jeno," Chenle whispered to me. I smacked him on the arm in response. 

"I guess we're on the same team," Chenle said as Renjun and Jaemin walked over to us. We all nodded our heads in response. "This is Jaemin," Renjun said as he motioned over to Jaemin. "Hi, I'm Chenle," Chenle introduced himself. I just smiled since there was no need to introduce myself. 

"And this is Seohyun," Renjun said pointing towards me. Jaemin smiled and nodded his head, "Yeah, I know." 

"Okay! The first game we'll play is dodgeball! You guys know the rules. Once I blow the whistle run towards the middle and grab the ball," the teacher told us. We got in position, waiting for the whistle to blow. As soon as we heard that screeching sound the boys in the front ran towards the center. There were five red balls in the middle. In our team and Renjun, Jaemin and a junior managed to grab the ball, while on the other team Jeno and Guanlin grabbed the ball. 

In an instant the red balls start flying across the room, managing to hit some people. "Nice throw Renjun, at this rate you should try out to become the pitcher on the baseball team," Jaemin told Renjun. 

The game continued on, with people throwing balls trying to eliminate people. I didn't bother to grab the ball since I knew I couldn't throw for life. Instead, I tried my best just dodging the ball. Chenle managed to grab the ball and eliminate someone, but in the process got eliminated himself. Jaemin threw the ball and managed to get Daehwi and Guanlin out at the same time.

"Damn, your good Na Jaemin!" Jeno exclaimed across the gym. 

"Yeah, and you're next," Jaemin said as he threw the ball at Jeno. Jaemin missed since Jeno managed to dodge it, "Nice try," Jeno said with a smile. Eventually, it was down to Jaemin and me on our side and Jeno, Haechan, and another boy from the senior class on the other side. "How did I even manage to survive?" I asked myself aloud. "You're just good," Jaemin told me with a smile.

I noticed the boy from the senior class grab the ball from the ground and stare at me. I knew that I was his target. He threw the ball and it came by so fast for me to dodge it, so I decided to hold out my hands hoping to catch it.

"Wooo!!" the kids who were eliminated cheered. I managed to catch the ball, but since it came in such force my hands burned a bit. "Out!" the teacher said, motioning the boy who threw the ball to go to the sideline. "Are you okay?" Jaemin asked me as he walked over to me. He placed a hand on my shoulders as he looked at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter