004

Score 2:1 [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Han Seohyun's POV - 

I needed to get out of the house today. I spent all week living in my room doing work. The only time I left the house was when I needed to go to school or eat. I decided to go outside and take a walk since I needed a new change of scenario and get some fresh air. Walking around the park seemed like a good idea at first but it was getting colder out since winter was coming soon. So instead, I decided to visit the only place that could keep me at peace. The bookshop.

"I haven't seen you around Seohyun," Mr. Yoon, the owner of the shop, said as I entered the bookshop. I nodded my head and smiled, "Yeah, I've been busy with school and didn't have the time to stop by. What are you doing here on a Saturday? I thought the weekends were your days off," I asked him. 

"I need to clean up a bit, so might as well do it today," he answered. I just nodded and went off looking through the books. I went over to the mystery novels since I have a current addiction them. The aspect of having the readers think and trying to figure things out attracted me to those types of books. 

I grabbed a certain book from the shelf, The A.B.C Murders by Agatha Christie. "I heard that's a good book," I heard someone say over my shoulders. I jumped at the sudden voice. They spoke so close to my ear which sent chills down my spine. I wasn't expecting anyone to be here so early and I knew it wasn't Mr. Yoon due to the voice. I turned around to see who that voice belonged to. 

"Oh.....Jaemin....." I said as I turned around. He was standing there smiling at me. "You like mystery novels?" he asked as he grabbed a book from the shelf. I nodded my head in response as I saw him skim through the book he grabbed. "This one is a good one too. Agatha Christie writes amazing novels," he told me handing me the book in his hand. 

I looked at the cover of the book, "Murder on the Orient Express..."

"It's one of my favorites," he told me. I looked at him and saw him staring at me. "I didn't know you liked books," I told him. 

"I don't...." he said chuckling and rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled a bit and laughed along with him. "But Christie's novels interest me, so I read hers," he added on. I nodded my head in response as I skimmed through the book. 

"Do you come here often?" I asked him, striking a conversation. 

"I do visit time to time. I was walking around and decided to come in and look around. How about you?" he asked. 

"When I'm free I tend to come here and look around. I like reading so I guess this place just keeps me relaxed," I told him. He smiled and nodded his head, "That's cute. You must be really smart then." he said. I shook my head as I felt my cheeks burn up a bit. 

"Yah, Yoon Dojoon! Is your phone dead?" a lady asked as she entered the shop. It was pretty quiet since no one else was in the shop this early in the morning, so her voice was quite easy to hear. She went over to the back to where the owner of the shop was. I looked at Jaemin and we both shrugged our shoulders. 

"What?!" we heard the owner exclaimed. Jaemin and I looked at each other again and decided to go towards the owner to see what was wrong. "Is everything okay Mr. Yoon?" Jaemin asked as we walked towards Mr.Yoon and the lady. He nodded his head, "Yeah Jaemin, my wife here told me that my sister is going into labor," he told us. Jaemin and I just nodded our heads in response. 

"Hi, I'm his wife, Lee Aecha, it's nice to meet the two of you," she said as she shook our hands. She seemed like a friendly woman and looked like a nice match with Mr. Yoon. 

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Han Seohyun," I said introducing myself to her. "Oh! It's nice to finally meet you. He tells meet that you come here quite often," she said. I smiled and nodded my head. 

"So do you have to leave?" Jaemin asked Mr. Yoon. Mr.Yoon nodded his head but let out a sigh, "The thing is that a new shipment of books is coming in today........" he told us. 

"You don't have to worry, I can wait here until the books come. I can sign them in for you, just like how I did last time," Jaemin told Mr. Yoon. 

"Yeah and I can stay behind and help you finish up cleaning up the store. You already started cleaning up and it'd be a shame if it wasn't cleaned by the end of the day," I added on. Mr. Yoon looked at his wife and then at us, "Are you guys sure?" he asked. Jaemin and I nodded our heads. 

"That's so sweet of you guys," his wife told us. 

"Here, take this and get some food for yourselves once everything is done," Mr. Yoon said as he took out a $50 out of his wallet. He put it in Jaemin's hand not giving us any time to reject his offer. He went to the back of the store to grab his coat. He went over to the front of the store and flipped the sign over so that it read 'closed' on the outside. 

"I'll lock the door from the outside so that when you guys are ready to leave the door will already be locked. All you guys need to do is to turn off all the lights, I'll come back later to properly close up,"

We nodded our heads in response. "Thank you, guys! We''ll definetely treat you guys later on!!" Mr. Yoon and his wife expressed.

Once they left it was just the two of us left alone in the store. There was a silence between us for a moment. "Why don't we wait at the counter for the man to come?" he suggested. I nodded my head and we both went over to the front counter. There was already a chair there so Jaemin let me sit down. 

"What about you?" I asked. "Don't worry about it," he said as he went to the back and came back with a stool. He placed it across from me. He smiled at me as he sat down and I responded back with a smile.

"Mr. Yoon said that the guy should be here in 30 minutes with the shipments, so I guess we should clean up right after the guys drop off the books," Jaemin said. I nodded my head agreeing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter