Disappointed...

Distance

 

After 5 days…

Eunhyuk went to a coffee shop when he saw Hyoyeon there alone. She looks like thinking of something and not minding the other people.

“Hey.” Eunhyuk said.

Hyoyeon looks at him. “Hi.” She said but not lively.

“What’s the problem?” Eunhyuk asks and he sits on the chair.

“Have you decided?” she asks.

She is talking about the new project.

“Well, the truth is… I will accept it if you will come with me.” Eunhyuk said.

“But I haven’t decided if I should accept it or not.” She said.

“Hyo, remember our promise when we were only trainees?” Eunhyuk asks.

Hyoyeon tries to remember their promise.

Flashback…

The trainee boys are practicing real hard while dancing. Everyone wants to be an artist.

“That’s it! You are done a great job. Let’s have a break now.” The trainer said.

Hyoyeon sat on the floor to take some rest. Currently she is joining the boys in dancing because she can’t do the y dance with the girls.

“Hey. You’ve done a great job.” Eunhyuk said to her.

“Thanks, oppa.” Hyoyeon said.

“Hyoyeon, let’s promise to each other.” Eunhyuk said.

“Promise what?” Hyoyeon asks.

“When we are now famous, we will be together in a show that is all about dancing, how’s that?” Eunhyuk said.

“Ok! Let’s promise that.” Hyoyeon said.

The two had a pinky promise that moment.

End of Flashback…

“Do you remember now?” Eunhyuk asks.

“Ne. Mianhae oppa. I forgot about it.” Hyoyeon said.

“So, will you gonna accept the new project?” Eunhyuk asks. “This is our chance now.”

“I will oppa. Together we will be in that show.” Hyoyeon said forgetting about Donghae.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun are guests in Star King. They are having a break when Seohyun receives a text message from Hyoyeon.

“Oh? Hyoyeon unnie accepted the work in New York?” Seohyun said while reading the message.

“Really?” Yuri asks.

Seohyun shows the message of Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon’s text:

I AND OPPA ACCEPTED THE PROPOSAL IN NEW YORK.

Just then, Donghae came. He is also a guest in Star King.

“Oppa, have Hyoyeon told you that she accepted the work in New York?” Yuri asks.

“Aniyo. She hasn’t told me about it.” Donghae said.

“Then, why did she accept it without telling you about it?” Yoona asks.

Donghae doesn’t know how he will reply to that. He also can’t understand it. Why didn’t Hyoyeon consult him first?

Then, he received a text from Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon’s text:

OPPA, ARE YOU FREE TONIGHT? LET’S TALK. I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.

Donghae replied to her and they will meet tonight.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

That night…

The two meet in the bar again.

When Hyoyeon arrived, Donghae’s expression is blank. No one can tell what he feels right now.

“Oppa…” Hyoyeon said.

“Did you already accept the proposal, right?” Donghae said.

Hyoyeon gasped. She doesn’t know that Donghae already knows it. Before she and Eunhyuk left a while ago, she told him that she will personally tell it to Donghae.

“Did Eunhyuk oppa-”

“Yuri told me.” Donghae said.

“Yuri?” she said.

“I was with them in SK when you texted Seohyun.” Donghae said.

Hyoyeon doesn’t know what will gonna say. She can see in Donghae’s eyes that he is upset.

“Why didn’t you tell me about it?” Donghae asks.

“Oppa, I didn’t mean it. I wanted to tell you but…” Hyoyeon said.

“But you are not considering me as your boyfriend?” Donghae said.

“A-Aniyo. I just don’t have any courage to tell you.” Hyoyeon said.

“But now that you already accepted the proposal, you are going to tell me now.” He said.

“R-Right.” She said.

“Don’t go.” He said.

“What?” Hyoyeon was surprised.

“I don’t want you to participate in that show.” He said.

“But oppa…”

“Long-distance-relationship is hard.” He said.

“And so? We can do it as long as we keep in touch together.” She said.

“You can only say that for now but later on when we are now both busy we won’t think about contact each other.” He said.

“Oppa, don’t be like that. You must be happy for me because finally I am a mentor in a dancing show. This is my dream and also Eunhyuk oppa’s dream. Aren’t you happy?” she said. “And besides, I and Eunhyuk oppa promised that we will be in one show that it is about dancing, so this is our opportunity now.”

“Eunhyuk again. Why do you keep on mentioning Hyuk? Is it because you two are best friends? But it is not the right time to mention him because we are talking about our relationship here.” He said. “Don’t go, please.”

Donghae holds her hands begging to her.

“Mian, oppa. Please understand me.” Hyoyeon said.

Donghae sighed. He stood up and left Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon doesn’t know what to do. She knows that Donghae was upset because she didn’t tell him about it.

“You’re pabo Hyoyeon.” She said to herself.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

When Donghae got home, he saw his friends celebrating for Eunhyuk.

“Oh! At last you came. Join us.” Leeteuk said.

“I’m not in the mood.” Donghae said and went to his room.

His friends look at each other.

“What’s wrong with him?” Shindong asks.

Eunhyuk stood up and went to Donghae’s room.

“Hae, what’s the matter?” Eunhyuk asks.

Donghae was just sitting on his bed.

“Is it about Hyoyeon?” Eunhyuk asks.

He just sighed.

“Just as I thought. You are against with it, right?” Eunhyuk asks.

“It is just that… I don’t want her to go there and stay in a year. It will be hard for us.” He said.

“You should know that it is an idol’s life.” Eunhyuk said. “Aren’t you happy that she is getting to know all over the world?”

“I would be happy if she will stays underrated in her group and not recognize by everyone.” Donghae said.

“Yah! Aren’t you happy that she is getting to know now? She is famous in Europe and now in America. You should proud of her.” Eunhyuk said.

“My point is she can be famous but she doesn’t need to join that show.” Donghae said.

“Don’t tell me you are afraid that Hyoyeon will found a new guy there?” Eunhyuk said.

“I am more afraid that she is with you.” He said.

“Yah! We are just best friends and nothing more than that, ok? Don’t worry; I’ll take care of her when we are there. I won’t let other guys near her.” Eunhyuk said.

Donghae just sighed again.

“Come on! Cheer up! It is just a year.” Eunhyuk said.

“Oh alright! I should never get mad and left her a while ago.” Donghae said.

“You left her?!” Eunhyuk asks.

“I walked-out. I was just upset, ok. She hides it from me.” Donghae said.

“I’m sure she has a good explanation why she did that.” Eunhyuk said.

“Urgh! I made a mistake for getting mad at her.” Donghae said.

“How about call her and apologize?” Eunhyuk suggested.

“Right.” He said.

Eunhyuk leave Donghae alone in his room.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Hyoyeon was her room crying. Good thing, Seohyun wasn’t there because she is a guest in Running Man.

She was blaming herself why Donghae was mad at her, if she only said that to him earlier.

Then, her handphone rang.

She quickly answers it when she saw Donghae’s name.

“Oppa…” she said trying not to cry loudly.

“Are you crying?”

“N-Ne…” she said.

“Mianhae…”

“You shouldn’t. I am the one who needs to apo-”

“Aniyo. I must understand you. I should know how dancing is important to you.” He said. “I will let you join that show but you must not get close to other guys, ok?”

“Ne. But how about Eunhyuk oppa?” she said.

“He is exempted. We talked a while ago and he said that he won’t let you get near to the other guys.” He said. “I’m letting you what you want to do because I believe in you.”

“Gomaweoh, oppa.” She said.

“Don’t cry now, ok? I am blaming myself to make you cry. I won’t do it anymore.”

“I won’t cry anymore now.” She said.

“Saranghae…”

“Saranghae, oppa.” She said.