Chapter 8

Falling Comets

Big fat balls of liquid rolled down Hyunsoo’s cheek and landed on the flat roof that she had been standing on. How could he?

Hyunsoo thought about calling Hoseok, but there was music playing in the background and a few people shouting stuff about drugs and other random things. She didn’t want to have to explain herself about what was going on. She just couldn’t be bothered to answer any questions, or even talk. She needed to get out.

As this thought settled in her mind, Hyunsoo started to make her way back through the open window and into the bedroom. However, she hadn’t taken more than two strides to the door, when it swung open revealing Taehyung and Chen. They were both holding a bag of cannabis.

“Oh, Hyunsoo! We were looking all over for you!” Chen said excitedly.

Taehyung looked a bit more concerned and asked, “Are you alright?”

Hyunsoo nodded, before remembering that she was crying. She quickly wiped away her tears and nodded again, looking down this time.

“Are you sure?” asked Chen.

Hyunsoo shrugged this time, and then sniffled. She could feel her eyes welling up again. “It’s just that,” she started saying, “I just hate it when people you love start lying to you…”

“Hyunsoo,” said Taehyung, putting a hand on her shoulder and squeezing it.

Chen looked like he wasn’t used to comforting crying girls. Hyunsoo wasn’t a type of person to cry a lot actually. She hardly cried in front of people, since she hated showing a weakness to others. This was different though. Hyunsoo felt so broken from what Baekhyun did and said, that she couldn’t think to do much other than start breaking down. At the same time, she couldn’t help but eye the bags that both Taehyung and Chen were holding.

Chen must have noticed this since he then said, “You want some? It probably won’t cure you, but it helps to, uh, escape.”

Exactly what she needed, Hyunsoo thought and nodded in response.

 

He had a cute kind of face, with nice blonde hair. It wasn’t a light bold blonde and in your face. It was a lovely soft looking blonde, closer to the brown side. He also had an attractive smile and a charming way of talking to Hyunsoo. She didn’t know how and why, but whatever he said or did made her smile and look at him in awe. She noticed his deep eye smile every time he laughed or smiled.

“She has to go now, sorry.” Someone came and interrupted the beautiful moment.

“No, I don’t.” Hyunsoo wanted to say this, but for some reason she couldn’t talk.

“I’ll give you my number. I hope we become good friends,” said the handsome guy.

Hyunsoo wanted to nod, but she felt herself being pulled away by someone very rude.

She didn’t want to leave though. She didn’t even find out his name. Stop! She wanted to scream.

 

With a sudden start, Hyunsoo sat up and blinked a few times. It was only a dream, she thought and sighed in disappointment. She then started looking around the room and trying to figure out where she was and how she ended up being here.

It was morning, she comprehended as she checked the time on her phone. Hyunsoo could easily and alarmingly tell that this was a guy’s room. She hadn’t been sleeping on a bed though. Instead, she woke up to find herself in a sleeping bag. It was the room, she thought, that she used to get to the roof outside. Hyunsoo looked at her phone again in an attempt to remember what happened, but just as she was about to check who she texted or called last night, a voice spoke softly from the bed behind her.

“You’re up.”

Hyunsoo’s heart leaped, as she whipped her head around to find that this voice belonged to none other than the douche named Jungkook.

“You!” Hyunsoo nearly screamed this, but managed to stop herself. “What are you doing here?”

Jungkook sat up, so she could now see his face. He was wearing an expression that said only too clearly that he had been awake for a while now and he had probably waited for Hyunsoo to wake up next. He was also wearing a plain white t shirt and he had a case of bed hair going on.

“I believe the question should be, what are you doing here?” he retorted.

Hyunsoo climbed out of the sleeping bag and on to her feet. She looked around the room again and guessed that last night she somehow ended up in his room and fell asleep… it wasn’t him who brought her here… and the fact that she was in a sleeping bag rather than his bed meant only that…

“What happened last night?” Hyunsoo demanded.

At this, Jungkook looked amused. “You really want to know?”

“Yes, of course!” Hyunsoo sighed, and with a pleading look, asked again. “Please, just tell me, or I might start freaking out.”

He looked satisfied at this and said, “Well, you came to one of my drug parties.”

“Your drug party? It was yours?” asked Hyunsoo astounded. How could she not have known?

“Mine, and my housemates, but yes.” He was doing that stupid smile again, something that annoyed Hyunsoo so much that she had to look away from his face.

At that exact moment, Hyunsoo got a flashback of a different guy smiling at her. It was a charismatic smile, with an equally charismatic eye smile…

Hyunsoo gasped and picked up her phone quickly, checking her contacts.

“What are you doing?” asked Jungkook lazily, getting up from his bed now.

“Someone new,” muttered Hyunsoo to herself, “Please.”

She found him pretty quickly, considering that she didn’t know who she was looking for exactly. But it was there. Jimin. The new contact on her phone was someone called Jimin