Chapter 21

Falling Comets

“You can leave me here. I texted Hoseok, he’s coming.”

Jungkook did a double take at Hyunsoo when she said this. They were sitting in the waiting room after giving Hyunsoo some painkillers for now. There weren’t a lot of people around, so Hyunsoo thought they would get to her pretty soon anyway.

“No way,” he said, “I brought you all the way here, I need to know how it ends now.”

Hyunsoo rolled her eyes. “You make it sound like this is some kind of drama you’re watching.”

“Isn’t it?” he laughed a little, “Who else faints the way you did so randomly. Your body shouted ‘catch me!’ as soon as you collapsed, I couldn’t just leave that alone. Damn, my reflexes are on point!”

Hyunsoo shook her head sadly. “It really hurt you know, my head I mean.”

“I’ll save the rest of my jokes for next time then.” Jungkook was laughing.

“Hyunsoo!” someone shouted as they entered the building.

Both Jungkook and Hyunsoo turned around from their seats to find that Hoseok was jogging over to them with a pale face. Jungkook bit back another laugh.

“Hyunsoo, are you all right? Why didn’t you text me earlier? Where’s the doctor? Did they say anything yet?” Hoseok spilled before anyone else had a chance to open their mouths.

“Hi Hoseok, I believe this is our first official meeting,” said Jungkook suddenly, “Hope we get along, since we’ll be seeing each other more often.”

“Why are you greeting him so nicely?” asked Hyunsoo standing up next to Hoseok, “Why do you treat me so different?”

“Because you’re different,” he answered, smiling.

“Uh, guys,” interrupted Hoseok. He looked quite confused and was watching his best friend and the guy she was supposed to hate in turns. “What’s going on?”

Hyunsoo quickly said before Jungkook could start, “I fainted in class today and was resting in the wellbeing office. Jungkook brought me here instead of helping me get home… well, I guess that’s a good thing, but I’m sorry Hoseok for not texting earlier. I didn’t want to worry you too much.”

“It’s alright, as long as you weren’t alone.” Hoseok was glancing at Jungkook apprehensively. He then whispered close to Hyunsoo’s ear, “But you know that’s not what I meant by ‘what’s going on’.”

Luckily, Jungkook then stood up slowly and said, “I’m gonna head for the toilets, be back later.”

When he left, Hoseok and Hyunsoo sat down as they began talking about everything that happened to now. Once Hyunsoo finished, Hoseok was looking quite excited. She had no idea why, as she skipped on the most important points that she knew Jungkook wouldn’t want her telling others, like about his family and upbringing. Still, Hoseok looked as excited as he was when getting his first bicycle.

“This is,” Hoseok started, but was quickly stopped by another voice.

“Miss Hyunsoo?” a doctor asked standing before them.

“Yes,” she stood up slowly, followed by Hoseok who looked like he was ready to come along.

The doctor nodded and lead them both to the little examination room behind the curtains next to the waiting room. It wasn’t cramped but it wasn’t exactly spacious either. Still, Hyunsoo went to sit on the seat the doctor pointed out for her and looked back to find Hoseok sitting down on the extra chair behind her.

The check up didn’t take too long, it was quicker than what Hyunsoo was expecting. There were more questions than anything, which she wasn’t expecting. While she was telling the doctor a detailed account of everything that happened, she could suddenly hear a scratching noise coming from behind her and ending beside her. The doctor was looking in that direction as well. Hyunsoo looked to her side and caught Hoseok just in time to see that he had been moving his chair closer and closer to sit next to Hyunsoo.

Hyunsoo couldn’t help but smile. It was the little things he did that just made her want to laugh.

“Mmh.” The doctor finally started. “It seems like it’s all fine now, but what you explained earlier of the occurrence sounds like it could be serious.”

“Is there anything I can do to make this better?” asked Hyunsoo.

“Yes, for now she just needs a lot of rest and find ways to destress from life, like university.”

Hoseok nodded vigorously. “I can help her with that!”

The doctor smiled this time. “Then I can leave that to you. Make sure you come back if it happens again. I can find out more if I’m able to check you while the pain is still there.”

After thanking the doctor, Hyunsoo and Hoseok left and made their way back to the waiting room to look for Jungkook. However, they looked around for a few minutes and yet couldn’t find him anywhere.

“Shall we just head back?” Hoseok asked. “Unless, you want to text him. I mean, you have his number now.”

Hyunsoo thought about it and was about to answer, but saw Hoseok’s eyes look past her and turned around quickly.

“Aw man,” said Jungkook, “Are you telling me I just missed the most crucial part of this trip?”