Chapter 19

Falling Comets

It was the first real all nighter Hyunsoo had ever pulled. The night was full of turns and twists, or sitting up and trying to get comfortable in her bed. Every so often she would feel annoyed and growl silently before throwing herself back onto the bed. When the sun finally rose, she decided to give up trying to sleep and started getting ready for her 9am lecture.

Hyunsoo felt her head spinning as she got changed, nearly collapsing on the floor out of exhaustion. Where was this coming from? She had never felt so tired before, but then again she did stay up all night. Still, the effects seemed a little too much.

If it wasn’t so hard to keep her eyes open, Hyunsoo would’ve gone straight to Darcy’s room and had a little chat with him about last night before she left. She didn’t want to wait until after she saw Jungkook at her lecture, but from the way things were going, she was going to have to wait until she could speak to anyone and take anything in. She just knew Jungkook was going to say something, anything, but he wouldn’t keep quiet knowing him.

 

“Your projects should show proof of the involvement of either your friends or family, even strangers. You have a lot of time until the deadline, but I want you to start focusing on this now so you can have a fully developed plan ready by Christmas to finish by Easter.” The lecturer was making eye contact with as many people as he could in the hall. “Remember, this piece should be focused on others, not yourself. I want to know how you see other people, and I want you to show this to me through your art project.”

“I already know who I’ll be focusing on,” said one of Jungkook’s fangirls a row ahead of Hyunsoo.

It was the same girls from last week, who were shunned by Jungkook himself, and yet here they were continuing to admire him. What was wrong with them? Jungkook? Seriously?

“Hyunsoo, do you have an idea of what you’ll be doing?” asked the girl sat next to Hyunsoo. Her name was Minseo. She always had her ponytail up high with black hair.

“Nope,” answered Hyunsoo, trying to find a certain brown head in the crowd. Though she didn’t want to turn around because that would’ve been too obvious.

“I have an idea but not sure if I’ll do it or not, basically I’m thinking of basing my project on another artist doing their own project,” she said, looking excited and satisfied with her idea.

“Interesting.”

Still no sign of douchebag… until…

“Hey Minseo, I’ll give you permission to do me then,” said a clear voice right behind Hyunsoo.

Both Hyunsoo and Minseo turned around to face the owner of the voice – Jungkook.

“Oh,” said Minseo, “Um.” Minseo’s face turned red, which for some reason annoyed Hyunsoo.

“Why do you always have to act like this with everyone?” asked Hyunsoo.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, “Jealous much?”

“As if,” snorted Hyunsoo. “Don’t think so highly of yourself.”

“Rich coming from someone like yourself. You act like it’s not in you, but it’s there.”

Hyunsoo knew exactly what he was talking about, but Minseo was watching them both looking confused.

“I don’t understand you. You’re so rude, but then you act like you’re being nice, and then you just don’t care before you care again, and you just start acting like some playboy annoying everyone, and…”

Jungkook cut in and said, “That’s your own problem for thinking like that. To make things clear, I don’t care about you, I only happen to care about the things around you which is why we keep getting tangled up.” He looked at Minseo, “Can you excuse us?”

Minseo didn’t hesitate before turning away to the other girl next to her. She was probably starting to think there was something going on between them, which obviously, it wasn’t.

“What is it?” asked Hyunsoo a little rudely. She had no patience with Jungkook.

“You never answered last night, well, this early morning. Did you meet Seokjin’s wife?” asked Jungkook suddenly turning serious.

Hyunsoo somehow felt stumped for a second. “Why do you need to know this?”

“It’s important to me, please.” For the first time, he looked normal to Hyunsoo.

“No, I don’t think she was there at all.”

Jungkook looked really disappointed. His whole aura changed to being quiet and sad, rather than the arrogant rude guy he was just minutes before.

“Ok, let’s pretend we didn’t speak of this,” he said, unexpectedly.

This was the first time Hyunsoo suddenly felt so bad while speaking to Jungkook. He seemed kind of upset, but she didn’t want to press on the matter either. What was his relation to Seokjin? Or his Wife? How was he suddenly so involved into Hyunsoo’s life anyway?

The headache from this morning came back to her and out of nowhere Hyunsoo could feel herself spinning, or was she imagining it? The pain started from her head but spread down to her arms and legs. It was almost unbearable, but she managed not to scream. Whatever it was, Hyunsoo found herself fall unconscious so quickly, she didn’t even have time to register the person running to catch her.