Chapter 6

Falling Comets

Jungkook’s last words to her were running through Hyunsoo’s mind, as she sat in her room and picked up her phone to call Baekhyun for the nth time that day.

“The person you are calling…”

Hyunsoo sighed out of frustration and hung up.

‘I’ll be seeing you often don’t worry.’

This time she sighed louder and started pacing around in her room. Why? She thought. Why was this happening to her? She couldn’t stop getting annoyed at Baekhyun, and Jungkook couldn’t stop annoying her.

The next day was no different. From the moment Hyunsoo woke up, she sent another text to ask how Baekhyun was doing and when he would come see her again. It was the first time Baekhyun had acted this way, which was driving Hyunsoo insane. Although, it turned out that Jungkook was in none of Hyunsoo’s classes on a Wednesday, so one of her problems at least had taken a backseat.

By late afternoon, Hyunsoo had almost no hope left. She didn’t know whether she should call him again, text him again, or simply give him the same silent treatment that he apparently was giving her. This thought momentarily left her brain, when, as she was walking back to her house, she saw to her left a large group of people standing outside one of the houses.

Hyunsoo unknowingly wandered closer towards the people, when a “Hey Hyunsoo!” made her jump and look towards where it came from.

“Chanyeol?” said Hyunsoo, looking surprised, which must have shown because Chanyeol smiled at her sheepishly.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“I was just going home actually.”

“Oh,” he replied, “I thought you were here for… well, it doesn’t matter I guess.”

“What are you here for? And what’s happening?” Hyunsoo asked, looking around at everyone. The front door was closed, and it seemed that everyone was waiting for someone, or something, to come out.

“Well, it’s actually a drug party,” he said, watching her reaction carefully. “Word got around, obviously to certain people only, that this uni famous dealer was having something like a party with lots of drugs available.”

“A drug party? In the afternoon? Really?”

“Yeah, but that’s not the point. We’re getting drugs for a lesser fee than normal! It’s such a big deal to everyone, and you know how the drug dealing business can be...”

He was right. Hyunsoo did know. A lot more than Chanyeol thought. It was one of the few reasons she absolutely hated talking about her family with anyone.

“… Well, I’m not sure actually, but most students know about some of this stuff, especially if you’re from this university.”

He was right again. Their university was notoriously known for its student drug problem. One out of three people anyone met at this uni, could have the possibility of being either a drug dealer, or a drug abuser.

Hyunsoo was thinking of leaving then, since she wasn’t interested in what was happening any longer. However, as she was about to open and say goodbye, she noticed a familiar looking guy with black hair looking right at her.

“Um, I’ll see you later Chanyeol,” she said, moving away without looking at him.

“Didn’t think you’d come greet me,” he said without any sort of feeling. Hyunsoo was already used to this. “So what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Just walked by and noticed this crowd,” she answered casually, “Didn’t think you were the druggie type... is Jungkook here too?”

He smiled for the first time. “Why?”

Hyunsoo realised her mistake and quickly said, “It’s not that I care! I’m trying to avoid him is all!”

“Right,” is all he said. He stopped smiling.

There was an awkward pause, in which Hyunsoo wasn’t sure if this was her cue to leave or not. She opened for the second time to say goodbye, and this time, another guy came over and smiled at both Yoongi and Hyunsoo.

“Hey Yoongi! Who’s this?” he asked. He looked like the kindest person amongst the crowd, especially compared to Yoongi.

“This is Taehyung, my friend. I want to point out though that our mutual friend is Jungkook.” Yoongi flashed a quick smile, before returning to his dead expression. “This is Hyunsoo. We met at badminton.”

Hyunsoo rolled her eyes at Yoongi and turned to Taehyung. “Nice to meet you.”

For some reason, Hyunsoo thought he looked amused, but he composed himself and replied, “You too.”

At that same time, the front door finally blew open and everyone around her suddenly started pushing past to get inside. This lasted for only two minutes, since there didn’t seem to be more than thirty people. Most of them had already abandoned the front door and jumped over the fence from the next door neighbour’s garden. How they managed to do that, Hyunsoo didn’t even know.

“Let’s go inside then. You coming Hyunsoo?” said Taehyung.

Both Taehyung and Yoongi were looking at Hyunsoo expectedly. She remembered and thought about Baekhyun and what he might be doing at this very second, and then she nodded and followed.