Chapter 2

Falling Comets

Hyunsoo couldn't believe she made it to the official badminton team without even intending to... after falling on her because douche was being a douche.

She was happy though, so happy that later that day she went to see her boyfriend to tell him the great news.

"Baekhyun!" called Hyunsoo, waving to catch his attention.

He had just parked his car and was getting out, when Hyunsoo noticed him. He looked at Hyunsoo and waved back, smiling with his teeth.

"Hey, how was it then?" he asked, as he came and gave Hyunsoo a hug.

"It was great. Hoseok and I got on the team. The coach saw us playing with... uh, another pair, and we were great!" Hyunsoo was nodding as she said this, as if convincing herself of how great it was. "We totally smashed the other two."

Baekhyun laughed and nodded. "I'd like to see you play again. I hope you didn't slip or fall this time."

"Nope."

For the rest of the walk to Hyunsoo's house, they quickly caught up with what was happening recently and what they got up to individually. They hadn't seen each other since the beginning of semester, because Baekhyun had become busy with family stuff. He was a year older than Hyunsoo, so his second year had also started a little later. He told her that there was a wedding coming up soon, and he was invited not only as a guest but to go and help too.

Hyunsoo couldn't help but feel a little upset at this, because he hadn't asked her to go with him. They had been dating for nearly a year now, but Hyunsoo had never met or seen anyone from Baekhyun's family. Well, Baekhyun had never met anyone from Hyunsoo's family either... but that was a different matter entirely.

Hyunsoo was from a middle class family, who didn't approve of Hyunsoo attending this university. They didn't approve of Hyunsoo's life altogether. She was a mistake. They wanted her to get married right away after she finished school for whatever reason, but Hyunsoo wasn't having any of it. She had already been dating Baekhyun by then, and she knew that once she let her parents do whatever they wanted with her, Hyunsoo's life would practically be over.

"Hyunsoo? Are you listening?" asked Baekhyun, interrupting her thoughts.

She didn't realise that her face had been screwed up from all the thinking, so she smiled reassuringly and said, "Yeah, sorry. I just remembered something about an assignment and started panicking in my head."

This was what bothered Hyunsoo, and yet, she continued to act this way. Why did she lie to him? Why can't she just tell him how she wants to be with him at the wedding he's going to? As Hyunsoo began to question herself, there was a small voice in the back of her head answering back. It was because she is so afraid of appearing clingy or annoying, that she somehow manages to ignore her own feelings and makes herself appear like it didn't bother her. She was scared that Baekhyun would move on from her if she ever started speaking out how she truly felt, and she didn't want him to leave. She liked him.

"Nice, this house looks way better than the ones I've been in so far," said Baekhyun.

They had just reached Hyunsoo's house, which she had moved into only a month ago, and were staring up at one of the windows noticing a huge fish tank in someone's room.

Just as Hyunsoo was about to comment on that, she looked down and realised that there was a black haired boy staring back at her and her boyfriend. Not just any boy, but the black haired boy from badminton. Fortunately he wasn't as rude as douche had been... yet anyway, Hyunsoo thought. Though the sight of him made Hyunsoo recall how she had fallen on her bum, and then how douche had laughed at her...

"It's you. Badminton girl." His voice sounded just as dead as his face did. "I never got your name."

"I'm Hyunsoo," she replied, since he didn't seem as malicious as douche, just a bit cold. After seeing the awkward expression on Baekhyun's face, Hyunsoo hastily added, "This is my boyfriend Baekhyun."

The guys nodded at each other as a way of greeting.

"My name is Yoongi," he said, "You're a good player. Glad that there's some acceptable people in the team. I hope you can keep up."

"Hyunsoo's been playing since she was young," said Baekhyun, "I know for a fact that she can do more than just 'keep up'."

"Oh, it's not me you have to worry about. As much as my partner seemed to enjoy distracting you during the game, he's actually extremely competitive."

"Who is this?" asked Baekhyun.

Yoongi ignored him and continued talking to Hyunsoo. "Anyway, I have to get going now. I just came to visit someone, and it turns out you live here too. See you soon at our first practice then."

Without waiting for a response, Yoongi walked away with his hands in his jean pockets. Hyunsoo wasn't sure what she could have said, so she was glad he left like that. The fact that Yoongi called her acceptable was irritating her. Sure, he called her a good player, but she was told to watch out for his rude friend. Hyunsoo now wanted to make sure that during the first practice she would play against douche again and beat him this time.

There was a growl. Hyunsoo looked down at her stomach and then at Baekhyun, about to say something about going inside and eating, though when she finally noticed his face, she stopped.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing. Just don't like him, and not happy that he's in your team. His friend, whoever he is, doesn't sound all that great either."

"Well, you're right about that."

Baekhyun looked right at Hyunsoo's eyes. "Just be careful with them please. Don't let them talk to you like that again."

In that moment, Hyunsoo nodded and thought to herself how lucky she was to have a boyfriend like Baekhyun