Friendly Date

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The drive to the restaurant consisted of a pouting Taehyung and a smiling Namjoon. There was something serene and pure that lingers in the silence inside the car.

 

No words were spoken but there was no awkwardness. It was a comfortable silence.

 

After 7 minutes, they arive at a fancy looking restaurant and Namjoon parks his car then looks at Taehyung, amused.

 

“Not a date but you take me to eat at a fancy restaurant.” Taehyung rolls his eyes.

 

“It’s called being classy” Namjoon shakes his head in amusement and breathes out a hearty laugh that causes Taehyung to fold his arms again and pout his lips more.

 

He unlocks his seatbelt and steps out of the car then walks to the entrance, leaving Namjoon to catch up.

 

As soon as he reaches the entrance, he is stopped by the bouncer and he arches his brow at him. He stares at the muscular man in front of him with a blank expression, not at all intimidated by him.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. You don’t seem to have a reservation.” Taehyung gasps.

 

“I don’t need a reservation.” And the muscular man huffs out and crosses his arms.

 

“Well I’m sorry sir. We’re reservation only.” Taehyung gives him an are you kidding me face.

 

He rolls his eyes. This bouncer must be new. He and the bouncer starts a staring contest and Namjoon clears his throat upon seeing the scene he’s met once he walks up to Taehyung.

 

“Kim Namjoon. Tell that to anyone inside please.” He says as he clears his throat.

 

That seems to break the glares that Taehyung and the bouncer was throwing at each other.

 

The bouncer nods at him and disappears inside. Taehyung still has his blank expression on his face and Namjoon still amused.

 

They don’t even wait for 5 minutes when a lady rushes to greet them and apologises for keeping them waiting. Namjoon politely gives back the greeting and they are ushered inside.

 

They are escorted to a table and Namjoon doesn’t fail to be a gentleman as he pulls the chair for Taehyung to sit then proceeds to get settled across him.

 

Jazz music is playing in the background and he looks at the male in front of him, lights making him ethereal. 

 

A waiter brings them the menu and fills their glasses with wine then takes their order. Taehyung brings both his elbows to rest on the table and intertwines his fingers, chin resting on it ready to interrogate Namjoon.

 

“So, Joon-ah. How did you get in here and I didn’t?” Taehyung starts.

 

“Actually, my brother owns the place.” Taehyung’s head tilt to the right eyes full of confusion.

 

“I thought your brother is CEO?” 

 

“He just started very recently, Tae. His passion was always cooking. He was doing work for the company while managing his restaurants.”

 

Namjoon feels strange talking about his life like he hadn’t just experienced sitting on his bed in the middle of the night, letting the darkness engulf him while asking why his efforts weren’t enough.

 

“He must be busy.” Namjoon nods.

 

“He is. He was always requested by clients just because of how beautiful he was.” 

 

“More beautiful than me?” Namjoon chuckles.

 

“You’re a different kind of beautiful, Taehyung” Taehyung huffs unamused by the reply.

 

“I’m still beautiful.”

 

“Oh. Wait till you see my brother.”

 

Their orders arrive and they start eating. Namjoon observes their surrounding, appreciating the calm inside the restaurant. Any sense of privacy is always appreciated.

 

They continue to eat while Taehyung doesn’t stop interrogating the other. Namjoon feels like a burden has been lifted from his shoulders just by talking to someone else about it. He likes how easy it is to talk to the boy in front of him.

 

Soon enough, he begins telling him about his ex fiancé and Taehyung starts bad mouthing her. He laughs at how Taehyung seems to be the one agitated by how his fiancé just left him after knowing his brother would be the one to take over the company.

 

He feels a buzzing inside him and he feels warm. Sure, he had Yoongi and Jungkook there to always support him but knowing that there’s someone else that he can talk to warms his heart.

 

“Thank you, Taehyung” the other stops eating and questions him. Namjoon continues.

 

“I don’t know. For existing, I guess?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter