The Show

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon arrives at the pier. It amazes him how the show is held on a cruise ship. He follows the red carpet on the road until he reaches the parking lot for the cars of the people invited to the show. Yes, there’s a red carpet for the cars.

He secures a parking space and turns off his car. He grips his steering wheel, feeling the expensive leather in his hands and sighs. His heart is beating fast and he’s not sure if this is because of his first time attending an elite gathering or if it’s just a feeling that something good will happen to him.

He runs his right hand over his hair and opens the car with his left, left foot stepping out first of the car. He heaves his body out and locks it. He exhales in an attempt to calm his nerves and walks away oblivious of a figure from the ship watching his every move. He feels a shiver running along his spine and he hugs himself while proceeding to go inside the ship.

As he nears the ship, he can see paparazzi gather near the fancy entrance and he straightens his back. It’s his first time showing himself at such events, might as well give them his best angles. And so he did, almost blinded by the flashing lights.

“What made you come to the event, Mr. Kim?”

“Is there someone in particular you are meeting inside?”

“Are you over your past engagement now?”

“How are you coping with the news of your brother taking over the company?”

His eyes twitch at the last two questions. The paparazzi sure knew how to kills people silently with their questions. He knew the reporters wanted to juice out the details out of him but he’s the Kim Namjoon. He may be affected but he’s not the type to back down from a challenge. And so he inhales and composes himself.

“My brother is a competent man. I hope that you all support him as he settles here in Korea. As for my engagement, that is over and I don’t regret a thing.” He says in one breath, amazed with himself. He gives them a bow and smiles. The paparazzi is stunned by his answer. Namjoon chuckles to himself.

He turns his back from them and walks inside the ship’s entrance, waiving his hands to them without looking back in a dismissive manner. “Tsk. Way to shut them up Joon-ah” A familiar voice calls out to him.

“Hyung! Was it okay? I was cool, right? Oh my god I hope my reputation isn’t ruined!” He says while pinching his cheeks with both hands, almost breaking down. Yoongi just stares at him indifferently. “Nah. That was brave, Joonie. It’s actually good for your reputation. Businessman Kim Namjoon attends Kim Taehyung’s show: a new start?”

“What the heck hyung?! Ugh. Let’s just get to our seats, alright?” He says, embarrassed. His hyung is not far from wrong though. He bets one article will be labeled just like that in a few hours but that’s not his worries. He composes himself again aware of the people that have their eyes on him. He feels like meat inside a lion’s den.

Girls sending him suggestive winks, even males do but they’re not his type. He never really had a type. Maybe someone tall and not superficial would fit his standards. He was sure the people on this ship wouldn’t be it because he’s observed that most of them would rather parade their elegant and expensive outfits rather than engage in small talk.

They reach their seat and settles down. Even the seats amaze him. They’re expensive and not the common chairs you see on fashion shows. This Kim Taehyung guy sure is eccentric. The runway is lined with expensive flowers and it’s marble! It’s freaking marble! His mouth is now open as he observes the details on the hall the show is to be held.

“Kim Taehyung sure loves to be overdramatic.” He can hear his hyung say beside him, already settled at the expensive chair that is to his liking, champagne already on his left hand. “Wait, how did you get a champagne?” Was all he can answer.

“Well, while you were busy admiring the hall, I was busy trying to get champagne from the waiter.”

“Oh. That’s why.” His hyung shrugs and suddenly they can feel the boat swaying followed by an announcement that the ship will depart from dock in 5 minutes and that the show will begin in another 10.

Yoongi takes a sip of his champagne and offers to get one for Namjoon but he politely declines saying that it’s too early for alcohol and that he might make fun of himself. “Producer Suga! Fancy meeting you here!” A handsome male approaches them. He looks at the male and he was fascinated by the said boy’s strong jawline, round eyes, and manly figure.

“Jackson ing Wang.” His hyung says, voice cold. “In the flesh! What brings yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter