Leaving

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Awkward silence fills the room as Yoongi and Seokjin begins a glaring contest. The two younger boys can only hold their breath, afraid for the fight that threatens to ensue.

 

The tension is thick in the small space of the private dining room. Jungkook visibly gulps and Namjoon adjust his collar, feeling the heat emanate from his two hyungs. He eyes his brother who looks like a kettle ready to burst. He’s never seen his brother look this scandalised before.

 

Jin shakes his head with eyes still wide in horror and breaks the silence. “Joon-ah! I can’t believe you’re friends with this horrible man!” Yoongi’s eyebrows twitch upon hearing Jin.

 

“Horrible?! Excuse me! You’re the one who tried to poison me back in high school!” Jin gasps and puts his right hand over his chest.

 

Jungkook and Namjoon’s heads turn towards whoever is taking.

 

“Poison you? Don’t try to put this on me! You’re the one who threw away my homemade lunch and ran away!” 

 

“Well I’m sorry the food wasn’t exactly great?” Jin huffs and smirks.

 

“Well thanks to your nasty attitude Min Yoongi. I, Kim Seokjin am now an owner of multiple restaurants here in Korea! I must thank you for the motivation, sir.” Yoongi clicks his tongue and they fall back into the heated glaring.

 

Namjoon cuts them off. “Wow this is the first time I’m hearing this, hyungs. I didn’t know you both come from the same high school?”

 

Yoongi shifts his feet and answers Namjoon. “Well we did go to different high schools Joon-ah and I didn’t know that is your brother.” He points to Jin.

 

“That makes sense but Jin-hyung? Why did you even make lunch for Yoongi-hyung?” Yoongi smirks.

 

“Beats me. Maybe he just wanted to poison me or maybe he liked me back in high school. Am I wrong?”

 

Jin is caught off guard by the question and steals a glance towards Yoongi then mumbles something. “B-because, Aish! Forget about that! Let’s go!” He stutters and grabs Namjoon out of the room hurriedly but before they get to cross the door he stops and looks at Yoongi straight in the eyes. “Oh and I do not like you, Min Yoongi!”

 

He walks at a fast pace not even looking back and completely forgetting his hand gripping his younger brother’s wrist tightly. “Hyung!” Namjoon shakes him off.

 

“Oh my gosh that was embarrassing, Joon-ah! Min Yoongi is my nightmare!” Jin whines rolling his eyes. “Where is your car, Joon-ah? I didn’t bring mine today so we’re taking yours. Father is waiting.”

 

Jin composes himself as he breathes in and out and urges Namjoon to start walking to which his younger brother complied to. Soon enough, they reach Namjoon’s car and drives towards their main home.

 

Namjoon hasn’t been home for months. He moved out as soon as he started college and his current apartment is a graduation gift from his father. His older brother however studied overseas since he decided to pursue culinary promising his father that after graduation, he would work at their company.

 

Even when they both studied at different high schools and universities, Namjoon and Jin never failed to bond and communicate with each other. As promised, Jin started working at their company with the arrangement that he will only do light paperwork for a few hours but will go on all dinner appointments for clients and business partners.

 

Namjoon admired Jin’s determination to succeed. He kept his promise along with his passion for food so it didn’t really take a year before Jin opens his first restaurant in the city and soon enough he builds his reputation as a chef and part time businessman.

 

His glorious and admirable brother however seems to have left the earth because beside him in the passenger seat is a riled up and dishevelled Kim Seokjin who may have been gripping his lap so hard.

 

“Relax, hyung.” Jin looks at him.

 

“I am trying, brother. I still can’t believe you’re friends with that Min guy! How could I have not known this?!”

 

“I should be the surprised one, hyung. How do you two know each other?” Namjoon decides to push further despite Jin being disoriented.

 

“High school. The rest is nightmare. Don’t even get me started! Ugh! Why is he still so cute?!” Jin rambles, squishing his own cheeks. “I mean no. Not cute. I mean he’s still so little. Yeah that’s it.” Jin groans and squirms in the passenger seat.

 

Namjoon stares at him but decides not to interrogate his brother any longer since they’re arriving at their house. “Well. Here we are, hyung. I don’t know what happened between you and Yoongi hyung but I have a good guess.”

 

Jin lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter