Unexpected

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon wakes up to his alarm. It’s always set 2 hours before he goes to his office. It’s a routine for him so he gets up and prepares for work.

 

It has always a routine of waking up to his alarm, showering, and getting dressed. Yes, “has”. Past tense because it’s been exactly a week and 4 days since Kim Taehyung moved into his house and now he has a freeloader within his humble home.

 

He lets his thoughts wander about in the shower and once he’s done, he walks towards his walk in closet and chooses what to wear. He checks his watch. 7:43. He makes his bed and walks towards his kitchen and is met by the smell of coffee.

 

The pros of having this freeloader he thinks is that he gets free coffee everyday but the cons of it is that breakfast is always scrambled eggs and pancakes since it’s the only thing the boy can make.

 

“Good morning dear Namjoon! Breakfast is served!” Taehyung greets him as he stops washing the pan he used to cook and pats his hands on the yellow apron he’s wearing on top of his pajamas.

 

Namjoon hums in return and sits down on one of the stools in the kitchen counter then starts eating, Taehyung watching him across the counter with elbows settled on them awaiting his critic.

 

“You’re getting better, Taehyung-ah...” Namjoon says politely, the other nods his head awaiting for more comments. Taehyung urges him to continue with a knowing look. “But I don’t really know cause I’m practically being fed pancakes and eggs for almost two weeks now.”

 

Taehyung chuckles as he brings the back of his hand to cover his mouth. “No worries, hyung! I’m taking cooking lessons with Jiminie! He’s friends with a chef that teaches on the academy on weekends.”

 

Namjoon’s eyes twitch. It can’t be his brother, right? No it can’t be. There’s a hundred cooking class on weekends in the city.

 

“So Taehyung, remind me again why you moved in?”

 

Taehyung leans on his right hand. “Well hyung, I told you it’s only for a few months.”

 

“Yes but you didn’t tell me why”

 

“Oh! I forgot!” Taehyung grins. “Anyway, I need inspiration hyung.”

 

Namjoon eyes him and points to himself. Taehyung nods. “Correct! When I’m with you, inspiration floods my thoughts, hyung.”

 

Namjoon coughs. “Oh my god are you okay???” Taehyung looks at him in concern, offering him a cup of coffee. Namjoon takes it and dismisses him then nods.

 

“Isn’t visiting my office enough already?” Namjoon asks him.

 

Taehyung looks at him like he asked the most obvious question. “Nope!” He says popping the P.

 

“You don’t understand, hyung! I need inspiration to work!” Taehyung whines as he stomps his feet.

 

“Yeah yeah” Namjoon shrugs and finishes up the meal prepared by Taehyung then stands up to put the dishes on the sink. 

 

“Anyway, I’ll be home late.” 

 

“Why?” Taehyung questions him.

 

“Tradition.” Taehyung eyes him conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter