After the show

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The view at Namjoon’s office from the 39th floor of the building is one of the things that calms him down the most. He loves working overtime just to catch the sun setting. 

 

So here he is relaxed on his chair, legs stretched out and arms crossed while waiting for the sun to set. He closes his eyes and sighs at how peaceful things are.

 

He expected to be depressed but he’s learned to accept that most things don’t happen the way we expect them to be. He and his brother are yet to meet even though they work in the same building but he knows that if they do, he isn’t going to be bitter about it.

 

The sun begins to set and Namjoon admires how the sky turns orange, almost pink. The thing about the sun setting is that it signifies an end to a day, good or bad, and reminds you that as the night begins, you have time to make tomorrow a different day than today.

 

He almost dozes off until his door is opened harshly hitting the wall. He flinches from the sound and he turns his chair around but the intruder takes him by surprise as he strides towards Namjoon’s desk and sits on it, facing him.

 

He freezes on his chair, eyes wide and mouth open at the intruder’s audacity. He doesn’t realise that he’s already gripping the sides of his chair until the silver haired intruder smirks. “Why nice to see you as well, Joonie” The intruder winks.

 

Namjoon blinks at Taehyung’s words and said intruder giggles. “I missed you, baby.”

 

And Namjoon chokes this time. “Baby?”

 

“Why not, Joonie?” Taehyung winks at him.

 

“What the hell, Tae?”

 

“Oh I see you already made a nickname for me. I’m touched.” He says as he brings his right hand to his chest and makes a flattered gesture.

 

“Oh my god. How did you know my office?” Namjoon asks in disbelief.

 

“Who do you think I am, Joonie?”

 

“Kim Taehyung?”

 

“Nope. Min Yoongi....” And Namjoon’s face falls, lips pursed into a straight line while the silver hair laughs. “Oh my gosh Joonie! Duh!” He says between laughter.

 

“Anyway,” the other says while he shifts on the table and leans on his right hand to support him, legs crossed. “I’m here to work.”

 

This time Namjoon coughs. “What do you mean work? We’re not hiring.” 

 

“I’m offended, Joonie.” The silver haired now faking hurt and heaves himself up to stand in front of Namjoon. He leans towards the boy sitting on the chair, their face now inches apart.

 

Namjoon gulps at the close proximity, eyes looking anywhere but Taehyung’s. “Look at me, baby.” The other says while touching his chin to look at him and that’s it for Namjoon. He melts at the touch and stares into Taehyung’s eyes.

 

“I’m here to draw while you just sit there.” Namjoon seems to be confused, eyes blinking again to process the statement.

 

Taehyung withdraws and giggles. He proceeds to walk towards the couch and settles in a comfortable position. He takes out a large sketchpad from his bag and his pencil case. He opens it and flips a few pages, ready to make a new design.

 

Oh. Namjoon thought. Work means him drawing. “Can’t you just draw anywhere else?” He asks. The boy puts his right index finger to his cheeks to mimic those thinking faces.

 

“Hmmm. Nope!” Namjoon groans.

 

“I need my inspiration, Joonie! You just do your thing there and I do mine, okay?” Taehyung says as he starts to take his pencil and sketch.

 

Knowing that Taehyung isn’t going anywhere, he resumes going over the files on his desk. He sighs and recalls the happenings from 2 nights ago where he had to bring Kim Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter