Strawberry Shortcake

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon thumps his fingers impatiently on his kitchen counter.

 

It’s been 36 minutes since Taehyung said that he’d be done. A lazy sigh leaves his mouth and he stands up as he decides to take matters into his hand.

 

He drags his feet lazily along his carpeted floor of the second floor of their household and follows the familiar hall that leads to Taehyung’s room in front of his. His feet stops still in front of the younger’s room and he runs his hands through his hair. He proceeds to knock on the door and he hears shuffling and a very loud cursing inside.

 

Minutes pass and he crosses his arms and taps his feet loudly making sure that the younger feels how impatient he is getting. “I’m so sorry Joonie! I’m done this time, I promise!” A very apologetic Taehyung appears behind the door.

 

Namjoon hums and eyes the younger who squirms in his gaze. Beautiful as always, Namjoon thought but he isn’t going to give the younger the pleasure of hearing it from his lips. “It’s fine. Let’s go. We’re going to be late to your class.” Taehyung nods excitedly at him and Namjoon shakes his head fondly at him. It’s been a while since the boy has been living in the same household with him. He can’t deny that he’s been a little more brighter. Even the maids are happy to be greeted by Taehyung early in the morning when he and Jin takes their “morning tea” in the garden.

 

His brother has grown some sort of filial attachment into Taehyung. He’s not jealous. On the contrary, he actually finds it endearing how Seokjin laughs more and he often wonders how the younger tolerates his brother’s awful jokes.

 

Soon enough they reach the car and he unlocks it with a tap on his keys and gets in. Namjoon notices how Taehyung is just there standing and looks at him confused. He squints his eyes and groans.

 

“Tae? What’s wrong? Please don’t tell me you forgot something again.” Taehyung crosses his arms and shakes his head. “What then?” The older asks again more confused. Taehyung points to the door. Namjoon’s eyes dart to the door’s lock. “It’s unlocked though?” This time it’s Taehyung who groans.

 

“Joonie! You’re supposed to open car doors for me! God I hate you.”

 

“Oh. Am I?” Namjoon asks dumbly. Innocence written on his face and Taehyung’s face softens. “Yes, you should. I want you to always open car doors for me.” He says cutely. Namjoon chuckles.

 

“You’re unbelievable, Tae.”

 

“Shut up. You like me. I know you look at me from your window when I sip my morning tea.” The younger says with conviction.

 

Namjoon laughs dryly and gets out of the car to open the door for the younger. “Whatever floats your boat, Taehyung.”

 

 

 

Jin is beyond irritated but he smiles.

 

This is after all his chance to finally rub his success in the cooking industry to Min Yoongi’s face. At least that’s what he came to do but a certain Jung Hoseok makes his nerves twitch as he tries painfully hard to keep a smile plastered to his face. He’s sure that he looks cringe worthy from where he’s standing at the center of the room while waiting for his students and their plus ones to all arrive.

 

Anyone who looks at him would find it creepy but his right cheek twitches and his eyebrows shots all the way up when Min Yoongi happily tastes Hoseok’s sample dishes that he started making while waiting for the others. But he never gave me a chance to make a better dish for him. He thinks but he dismisses the thought faster than he could dwell on it as he slaps himself.

 

Jin told them that they could warm up by making sample dishes until everyone arrives to keep them busy and to practice until they begin the formal class. His students are after all paying a large amount of money to attend his classes since Jin isn’t cheap. Now he wishes he didn't tell them that they could do some simple dishes while waiting.

 

He watches creepily, biting his fingers as Yoongi gestures a thumbs up on the no bake cheesecake that Hoseok fed him. Yes, Hoseok being super excited to show off his cooking to Yoongi actually managed to force the older to go to the class an hour before so he was able to make the cheesecake considering that he already knows the recipe by heart while looking up cake recipes in hopes of making one for the older.

 

Anyone looking at the two would see that the rapper is clearly smitten with the producer. Jin wasn’t just anyone. He was someone who used to be completely infatuated with Yoongi.

 

You see, Jin was a master of controlling his emotions but a certain duo is making it painfully hard for him to do so. Was his cooking that bad that Yoongi decided to throw it away years ago and break his heart? It shouldn’t be the case because Yoongi is happily munching on the beginner’s cake that Hoseok made.

 

Oh so he’d rather eat Hoseok’s cake rather than mine, a bona fide chef then? His thoughts are consuming him and he clears his throat to calm himself. The people in the room all look at him attentively. “Oh no worries! We still have 10 minutes before we start.” He laughs awkwardly and he doesn’t miss the way Jimin looks at him weirdly.

 

He shrugs it off and smiles at him to let the younger know that he’s fine. Jimin gets it and resumes feeding Jungkook. Awfully domestic, Jin thinks as he rolls his eyes, bitterness consuming him.

 

“Jinnie-hyung! I’m sorry we’re late!” A hyperactive Taehyung arrives, dragging his brother by the wrist. “Not at all, baby.” He replies as he coos at the younger, hands cupping his face. He’s been babying him ever since Taehyung started living with them.

 

Namjoon groans and pulls Taehyung away from his brother. Putting an arm over the younger's shoulders. “Well hello to you too, brother. Will you ever stop babying him?”

 

“Geez, Joon. You don’t have to go all alpha on me. I’m not stealing your boyfriend.” Namjoon’s face scrunches. Eyebrows shooting up, as if he just didn’t become protective of the younger. “Wh-what?”

 

“Yeah baby, no one is stealing me away from you.” The younger mutters as he sends Namjoon a flirty wink.

 

Jin starts laughing when he sees Namjoon’s helpless face. He claps twice to gain his student’s attention. “Go and take your boyfriend to your station Taehyung.” He nudges the younger away. “And class, make sure to put on your aprons and get all your cooking materials ready. We’re going to be cooking and baking.”

 

 

 

Jin expertly discusses the dish that they're going to be making. He's trying hard to not let his eyes wander to a certain producer so he misses how Yoongi visibly pales at the mention of the recipe for the Strawberry Shortcake that they're going to bake.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Yoongi hears Hoseok ask him.

 

“Y-yeah.” Hoseok eyes him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter