Flashback

Amor Fati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The weather is warm. Perfect for an afternoon tea party Seokjin thinks, thankful because he’s expecting guests as he steps back and admire the pastries he set up on his tiered cake stand at the center of the round table.

 

He sighs satisfied at his work and how the pastries look more appetising because of his cake stand that he got from France during one of his visits. The bottom layer of the stand is filled with sandwiches while the second layer is decorated with cakes and scones. The top layer is composed of the biscuits he baked. He straightens the sleeves of his dress shirt as he glances at his watch. 

 

Taehyung emerges from the double glass doors that connect the house to the victorian garden they have. “Hyung!” He calls out to him and Jin hums in return, acknowledging his presence.

 

Taehyung is wearing a Gucci floral dress shirt buttoned all the way to the top and  a necktie to complete the look. He pairs it off with black slacks and Gucci loafers. Jin’s eyebrows shoot up. “Wow. Gucci from top to toe.” He remarks and Taehyung giggles showing Jin his boxy smile as his eyes form straight lines.

 

“I’m a er for Gucci, hyung.” He smiles. “Anyway, Jimin and Hobi hyung are here!” He says excitedly and as if on cue, Jimin and Hoseok appears from behind Taehyung.

 

Seokjin wastes no time in greeting his guests, hugging them as he offers them a hello.

 

“You have a nice house, hyung.” Jimin says while adjusting his dark blue silk Henley.

 

Hoseok nods in agreement as his eyes scan the table, amazed at the pastries and antique tea sets. “Wow hyung! You never fail to amaze me.”

 

Seokjin blushes at the compliment and shrugs it off as he leads them to the table where four chairs are already prepared to accomodate him and his guests. Jimin eyes Taehyung, already munching on a sandwich.

 

Jimin brings his handsnto his mouth and clears his throat “Taehyungie, manners.” Jin chuckles.

 

“Ah. He must be used to living here already. It’s been a week now, right?” Taehyung nods.

 

“And how are the designs Taetae?” Jimin inquires further, already pressed because there’s only three months left until their scheduled show in October.

 

Taehyung beams. “Great! They’re great, Jiminie! We should be able to start production next week and be done by the second week of October a week before SFW.”

 

Jimin sighs in relief. “Hmm. That’s good. I was worried for nothing then.”

 

A few maids make their way to the garden to pour their tea and retreat afterwards to give the men privacy they want. Jimin snaps his fingers.

 

“Ah right, Jin hyung! Remember the open house this weekend to make your cooking class more known?” Jin hums.

 

“Well we already invited our plus ones! Right, Hobi hyung?”

 

Hoseok nods again, his lips curve upwards as he sips his tea.

 

“And who are you guys bringing?”

 

“Well, it’s obvious that Taehyung is bringing Namjoon and Jimin is bringing his boyfriend Jungkook so I invited Min Yoongi, who’s friends with their respective plus ones!” Hoseok says enthusiastically.

 

Min Yoongi

 

Seokjin’s eyes go wide and he almost spits his tea. “Min Yoongi? The short guy?” 

 

“Yup! He’s actually my Producer. He’s actually cute despite people thinking he’s cold.” 

 

Oh great. Seokjin rolls his eyes.

 

“Is there something wrong hyung? Do you know him?”

 

Seokjin laughs awkwardly. “Me? Know him? Ha ha!” He says in panic as he sips his tea and the three eye him in concern.

 

 

Seokjin was always fascinated by people who were good in sports.

 

At a young age, he was always forced to put studies as his priority and always had afternoon classes dedicated to teach him and Namjoon other things that were expected from chaebols that range from table manners to horseback riding.

 

Who even rides horses now? Seokjin shakes his head as he laughs in disbelief.

 

Sports were something he wanted to engage in but his father would disagree and tell them that they don’t need to learn that since they won’t need it in their life in the future anyway. That must be one reason why he and his brother at Physical education.

 

He sighs as his eyes follow the ball that bounces up and down while being dribbled by some of his classmates who are playing basketball. He wants to join them but he opts to stay at the sidelines being the one to put the score on the chalkboard because he knows he’ll just be a burden to whatever team he’ll be put into.

 

He sighs again and he starts imagining himself wearing a basketball jersey. He’d show off his broad shoulders and they would look so good with his toned arms, despite his non athleticism. Girls would squeal if he would pass by them but who was he kidding? He didn’t need girls lusting after him. Not when he’s enrolled in an almost boys school since there’s 80% of boys here.

 

He sighs for the third time as he leans on the chalkboard lazily as his daydreams continue but he instantly regrets dozing off when his train of thoughts were interrupted by someone shouting. 

 

“Hey! Watch out!”

 

He feels something hard and big slap his forehead and he stumbles back and falls on his . Jin groans in pain as he feels his ache, eyes closed.

 

“Hey, I’m so sorry, Jin! Are you okay?”

 

Min Yoongi

 

He stares at him as he opens his eyes. Min Yoongi is fretting over him. Min Yoongi.

 

Min Yoongi, the reason for most of Jin’s sleepless nights.

 

Min Yoongi, Jin’s daydream on a fine day.

 

Min Yoongi, the one who made him sure that he was for sure attracted to and not s.

 

Min Yoongi, Seokjin’s first love.

 

He blinks his eyes rapidly and takes Yoongi’s hand and stands up.

 

Oh my gosh his hands are so veiny.

 

“I’m really sorry, Jin.”

 

He stares down at Min Yoongi. The said man is looking at him apologetically. Eyes reflecting guilt.

 

“Y-yeah! It’s fine!” He mentally slaps himself for stuttering. He bites his lower lip and his eyes travel from the floor to Yoongi’s face.

 

“You sure?” Yoongi asks as he reaches out to brush Jin’s fringe away from his forehead and look at the read ball mark.

 

“Does it look bad?” The shorter nods with concerned eyes.

 

“Oh my gosh I’m going to be ugly and no one will marry me anymore!” Jin gasps in horror as he cups his own face with both hands.

 

Yoongi chuckles amused at the taller’s dilemma. “We should probably get ice for that.” And Jin nods, almost in trance.

 

The shorter excuses them from the gym and tells the teacher that he’s going to help Jin go to the school clinic.

 

There have been a few times where Jin’s heart has picked up speed but so far, walking to the infirmary is his favorite moment. He rubs his forehead and giggles as he remembers how Yoongi fretted over him.

 

“You’re a masochist aren’t you?” 

 

Jin stops in his steps and turns to the shorter man. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion and blinks rapidly. Masochist? What’s that? Yoongi chuckles and shakes his head as he shrugs it off.

 

When they arrive at the infirmary, there’s no sign of the school nurse anywhere. Yoongi instructs the other to sit down on the bed to which he obeys. 

 

Jin watches, no, observes the shorter as he walks to the fridge to put ice cubes inside the pack. He observes his hands try to break the ice to get them to come off of the tray. He bites his lips unconsciously as Yoongi’s hands put force and he slaps himself to stop his thoughts from getting more intense.  The other snaps his head at him after hearing him slap himself in confusion and Jin just laughs awkwardly.

 

The shorter secures the ice pack and moves to Jin and stops in front of him. Jin gulp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter