Chapter 6

Cupid's Classroom (SLOW UPDATES)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's P.O.V

I sat behind the counter staring blankly at the cash register in front of me. I pretty much work here anytime my mom doesn't feel like it but instead of being slightly annoyed like I usually would be, my thoughts kept replaying what happened at the basketball game yesterday.

 

"Do you wanna go out with me?" All the courage that I had built up to say those few words faded away and I was left widening my eyes. I did not just say that. The surprised look on his face proved that I had indeed said that and the two girls beside me wore the same expression as the boy before me. "I.. uh-" as I stumbled for the right words to say at a time like this, a voice interrupted me.

"Jungkookie~" My eyes shot to the annoyingly high-pitched voice and saw a girl with brunette hair skipping over to Jungkook happily. The girl fluttered her fake lashes at him flirtatiously and spoke, "We still on for tomorrow?"

I avoided looking at the boy and instead fiddled with the camera around my neck. "You know what, I just remembered I have plans tomorrow.. you two have fun." I made my way to the doors of the gym not missing the look Jungkook shot me. Was it guilt? I don't know, I just needed to get out of here. 

 

I was brought back to reality at the voice of my childhood friend. "Lisa noooona~" I held back the urge to scoff as I heard the familiar nickname.

"What Bam?" I sighed already knowing where this conversation was going.

"Well, Yugyeom just texted me and I was wondering if-"

I quickly cut him off "No, I will not cover for you again," I stated. "This is like the fifth time this week."

"Oh come on, what's one more time." I crossed my arms and glared at the boy as he gulped at my intense stare. Since he's known me for so long he knows how crazy I get when I'm mad. "Lisa, don't look at me like that," he whined. "This is your mom's restaurant anyways, it's supposed to be your responsibility," Bambam huffed.

"You know full well what you signed up for when you agreed to help out here," I argued back.

"Agreed? More like forced against my will."

Our bickering was interrupted as the bell on the door rang, signaling that a customer had entered. Both of our eyes stared at the customer and my jaw dropped at the irony, he was the last person I wanted to see. Jungkook had just walked in, the usual mischievous glint in his eyes was gone and his shoulders were slumped as he went to take a seat at an empty booth.

Bambam had used my distracted state to ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter