Chapter 10

Cupid's Classroom (SLOW UPDATES)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's P.O.V

I wandered the streets mindlessly, I had already collected all of the items from the list my mom had written but I decided to wander around a bit. I rarely go out of the house and now was as best time as any to finally get some sunlight.

I continued to walk down the busy streets until my legs felt sore from walking. I hadn't gotten very far yet and I was already getting tired, now that's just sad.

I made my way to a nearby bench and placed my grocery bags down easily. I took a seat on the bench and glanced at my surroundings. Cars honking and people talking, it was noisy yet calming in a way. These everyday things were normal to me and everyone else here. It was a calm chaos and my seat on this bench gave me perfect view of it all. I groaned inwardly, if only I had brought my camera. I shrugged and decided that I could just come back some other time to snap some pictures, the scenery here was just so aesthetically pleasing.

I leaned back in a relaxed manner, staring at the chain of cafes and shops that littered the busy streets. Each one looked different from the next but they all gave off the same inviting aura.

My eyes stopped on one particular cafe, Impresso Espresso, I snorted at the cheesy name. It was like every other cafe but something felt off, as if I was being pulled towards it. Or maybe I'm just using that as an excuse to grab myself a quick snack. Before I knew it, I had gotten up from my seat and crossed the street with my bags in hand. I entered the noisy cafe and went to take my order.

"Hello, what can I get you?" a girl at the counter greeted me.

I examined the menu carefully, I didn't like coffee so I settled for the only non caffeinated drink. "I'd like a strawberry smoothie and chocolate chip muffin please."

The girl's hand moved expertly across the screen and she looked at me once more."What size will your smoothie be?" The girl asked politely. 

"Um, medium." I began to fish out my wallet from my sweater pocket and checking if I had any money. I probably should've checked before I ordered but you live and you learn, right?

"Your total will be 6.70."

 I handed her my cash as she gave me back my change. She grabbed one plastic cup and took out a black marker, "Can I get your name?"

"Lisa." She nodded and carefully wrote my name down.

"Your order will be ready in a minute," said the girl as she turned to her coworker. "Namjoon oppa," she called. The said guy hadn't responded and the girl groaned in annoyance.

I watched them closely and noticed the girl's exasperated expression, this obviously was an everyday occurrence for her. I chuckled and she glanced back at me.

"I swear he's always in his own world," she sighed. "You'd think the boss would try to set a good example for their workers," the girl huffed as she went to tap the boy on the shoulder. 

"Yeah?"

"You did it again oppa," she scolded.

"Sorry Namseon," the boy apologized bashfully.

The girl, Namseon, playfully rolled her eyes and began to tell him my order. He got working and I stepped aside for the next person to make their order.

I looked around the cafe as I waited. It was pretty crowded so I assume that the food and drinks were good. I unconsciously studied the people here, some talking, reading, or doing school work.

I stopped at one particular face, a very familiar one. He was talking to someone I didn't recognize.

The girl had long wavy hair and she sat still, with her arms crossed. The boy had said something and an intense rage flashed through the girl's eyes as she stood up abruptly. The sound of her chair screeching across the floor rang out loudly throughout the cafe and suddenly, I wasn't the only person watching their encounter. The girl raised her hand up and smacked him across the face. I gaped as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter