Basements, charades, trees and weird friends

Spring Break Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is quite long but most of the other chapters will probably have the usual length.

And there is a poll at the end again so feel free to vote. Also I'm always super happy about comments - so if anyone wants to leave one: Do it!

---

Junjin had asked the girl that was giving out drinks to mix red wine and tequila and now she handed him two cups and he sipped on his own while handing the other to Hyesung. His plan was to make Hyesung drunk since the other hadn’t really hit it off since they started with the spring break parties and Junjins goal was to change that.

He probably didn’t count as a good friend because of that but he wanted Hyesung to loosen up and show his crazy side even though there were so many people around. Hyesung had eyed the drink suspiciously but since Junjin had lead by example he shrugged and downed half his cup immediately before twisting his face and giving his younger friend a distrustful look. Junjin ignored it, taking another sip of his drink to prove Hyesung that nothing was wrong with the mixture.

The thing was that unlike him, his friend didn’t tolerate much and of course not a combo like red wine and tequila. Hyesung downed the rest of his drink and Junjin tried to hide his grin. „What are you grinning about?“ Hyesungs voice was already a little shaky. Well, that was quick. „Just excited to party.“ Junjin shouted back over the music. Hyesung seemed to buy it and grabbed a handfull of the snacks, sharing them with Junjin.

The person throwing todays party had been so kind to buy some easy snacks and leave them in the kitchen for everyone to reach. Suddenly Hyesung cursed violently, proving once more that he had quite the foul mouth and bid farewell to Junjin who just blinked confused before realizing anything The next moment he got distracted by a hand tapping his shoulder. He turned around only to face Andy and a vaguely familiar guy. „Hi!“ He grinned at the two and found his stomach tingling at the way Andys cute smile lit up his whole face.

„Hey Jin do you-“ Andy started but the other guy interrupted him with a wide smile on his handsome face. „Found my little prince, see you later.“ And with that he was gone and it hit Junjin where he had seen the guy before. It was the guy that had picked Andy up at the second party. Junjin wasn’t sure if he liked him.

Andy grapped Junjins cup and downed the rest. Junjin felt himself smile as the other needed a moment to bring his facial features under control again. Junjin grabbed two beers with a hand and took Andys hand in his other. He made his way out of the kitchen, dragging Andy behind towards the basement.

A girl stopped them on the stairs to have some smalltalk with Junjin and he thought he had met her on a different party but wasn’t sure. She only left them alone when a guy dragged her away and they continued their way over towards a couch. They plopped down side by side, Junjin handing his companion a beer.

„I explored the house and yard earlier and found this.“ He grinned at Andy. The basement was cool and it was less noisy with only a few people hanging around, most of them talking, only a few playing spin the bottle. „This is nice. I think it’s fun how we’re always at calmer places.“

„Actually I’m here to party like crazy, buuut somehow you changed my mind.“ Junjin admitted feeling shy all of a sudden and covering it by sipping on his beer and avoiding Andys gaze. „Goes for me too.“ Junjin looked surprised at the other but Andy hold his gaze steadily. In the end they both broke out giggling.

„The guy with me was my cousin by the way, he is a bit weird at times so don't mind him.“ Andy told Junjin suddenly who just nodded. Something about the guy seemed indeed off.

„The guy with you was your best friend right? Does he dislike me or why did he flee before I could greet you?“ Andy asked seemingly amused but as Junjin looked at him he noticed that the other seemed to be concerned.

„Naaah, I don’t think Hyesung dislikes you. But I have no idea why he vanished like that.“ It was indeed a little weird but on the other hand, the older student himself was weird so... Andy nodded slowly and Junjin added a „I can ask him later if you want.“ „Thanks but no need to, I just don’t want your friends to dislike me.“ Junjin felt a pang of jealousy at Andys words and his sheepish smile.

„Don’t worry, they wouldn’t.“ he just said and Andy gave him a grateful smile, leaning closer. „Good because one day they might be my friends too.“ he said and Junjin had no idea why, but he disliked the idea. He didn’t want his best friends to take Andy away from him.

Normally he liked to share everything with them and he also wasn’t possessive of his friends - well except for Hyesung back in high school as Hyesung had first started dating. But that was because he hadn’t understood how crushes and love worked and because Hyesung was sort of a mother figure to him.

He had been anxious and expecting that they would get distant when Hyesung was in a relationship but Junjin was over that now. After a lot of work from his friends to explain him how love worked and the experience that even Hyesungs lover wouldn’t seperate him and Junjin. So he didn’t understand why he felt possesive over Andy.

„You don’t seem to like that idea.“ Andy stated rather confused. „I don’t want to share you with them.“ Junjin answered. He had always been an honest person - except for adding some more colour in his stories when he wanted attention - and if he wanted Andy to become his friend he would have to continue being honest.

Andy laughed and blushed, a sight that was so beautiful, Junjin surely wouldn't forget anytime soon. „You’re cute Jin-ah.“ „Huh?“ Andy looked at him for a second and started giggling making Junjin giggle too.

„Tell me about your college life.“ Junjin ordered, dropping the weird topic. He liked stories about college and was curious about it. Andy seemed to like that topic too because they found themselves talking about their college courses and experiences, having so much to share. Junjins whole attention was focused on Andy and their conversation, the rest of where they were and so on was unimportant to him during those moments.

He found out that Andy was a sophomore too and that they were the same age. (A/N: since it’s america which means they use their international age and it's spring they actually are the same age.) Since they both had the weighty decision of choosing a major at the end of their sophomore year ahead of them they ended up discussing the majors that they would most likely choose. Junjin felt it was a good decision to talk about these struggles with someone else than his friends because he got new viewpoints.

And maybe also because Andy was a good listener and had a wonderful voice, but that didn’t have anything to do with the way their conversation was flowing nicely. Junjin still liked Andys voice a whole lot, now tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter