Chapter 12

Hate, Crush, Love

Chapter 12

Cassie

As Summer and Steve was in class, Summer was trying to focus on her work instead of other things. Suddenly the teacher spoke everyone looked up and saw a new girl.

“Go introduce yourself” said Miss Amy.

“Hi everyone, I am Cassie and I am also Steve’s crush” said Cassie.

Everyone started whispering, Summer was shocked that she had the courage to say it out loud. Summer was walking with Alfred, thinking. Then she saw Cassie and Steve walking, they walk past them. Summer looked back to see Steve but all she sees Cassie and Steve laughing. Cassie came up to Summer and asked her if she can return the book for her. Summer put the book in her bag and went to class. She went to the library and went to get the book. The book was gone, the last class she had was science and Cassie was in her class. Summer was clueless and went to Cassie to apologise.

“I am very sorry Cassie, someone stole the book and after science class I went straight to library, when I was getting it, it was gone? Said Summer, very sorry.

“Don’t worry” said Cassie.“I will pay for the book” said Summer.

“Don’t need too, I need to go” said Cassie, leaving.

Summer was thinking it is weird that Cassie doesn’t care at all. But Summer was reasonable and went to pay but the librarian said it was returned. Summer, thinking if the theft stole the book wouldn’t they keep it, why did she/he return it? This made Summer remember that Cassie went somewhere during Science experiment and plus she didn’t care.

At lunchtime, Alfred said something to Summer.

“Summer, you like Steve right?” asked Alfred.

“Uh…I don’t even know, why?” said Summer.“Because the way you look at him” said Alfred.

“I like Steve?” mumbled Summer.