Chapter 23

Where's My Happily Ever After?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Jeonghan hasn’t been able to get any sleep at all despite being so drained both mentally and physically. He sighed as he poured in his coffee into his cup.

4 AM

He just stared at the coffee. It was dark just like his pathway to make other people happy. The thought alone made him sneered as he took a sip. The coffee...it was bitter just like the world he is living in now. “ I’m killing whoever decided to make reality .” Jeonghan heard an acrimonious chuckle coming from Wonwoo,” You and me both.” Wonwoo poured himself a cup of coffee only to regret it.

“Ugh! What the fairy ?! Why is it so bitter?!”

“Because I fancy my coffee bitter?” Wonwoo sighed as he got the sugar,”You know what they say 'sugar and spice make everything nice.”

“Well we’re made of sarcasm and wine and everything fine.” Wonwoo snorted so loud Jeonghan assumed the building was trembling. “Truth to that...What do you crave for breakfast?”

“What do you want to eat? I’m fine with anything.”

“We should stick to something light. Today is going to be one heck of life or die.”

“Yeah…” Both were left thinking about the past months up to the present. Was this some sort of punishment for dating royals?

“There’s no point in dwelling in the past. What weapons do you want so you can fight with?”

“I’m more of a magic person Wonwoo.”

“I acknowledge you are nevertheless if at some point your magic doesn’t work you need something to protect yourself and fight hence the weapon.” Jeonghan looked at Wonwoo’s accumulation of weapons. There were a variety: swords, maces, chainsaws, etc.

“Well, which one do you think will suit me the most? You know the most about weapons.” Wonwoo walked towards this sword which screamed ‘I forever associate in the darkness’. It was a black handle with numerous first-class edges, the blade itself had a sharp tip with a red and black pattern in the center.

“This sword will suit you just fine. “ Wonwoo handed the sword to Jeonghan. Once it touches Jeonghan’s hands, it went on fire but it was a crimson red flame. Yet, the sword was intact.

“’n Grimm Wonwoo you could’ve warned me that was going to happen.” Wonwoo shrugged as he texts the other five to meet them at their dorm to get their weapons.

“The sword can do two things. One is that it could make every hit be explosive but that involves magic so I suggest don’t use that option often. The second one is where when you stab someone they get poisoned.”

“They let you have this at school?!”

“Yeah.” They heard a knock on the door. “Preparation here we come.”

_______________________________________________

[10:00 AM]

The seven took a deep breathe as the sat in their dugout. There was tension all over and it made them feel like they were having heart attacks.

“Hey, can we talk to you guys?” The seven looked straight ahead to see their uh ex-friends for the most part. “Please?” The seven looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. It’s whatever for them might as well do it since they might die soon.

[Seokmin]

“What do you want? Didn’t you already have enough?” Seokmin coldly questioned as he leaned against the lockers. Jisoo bit his lower lip out of habit and put his head down. He didn’t know what to say in this conversation. He loves Seokmin. He knows that but he messed up bad that it was beyond repair.

“I just-”

“Just what?” Jisoo took a deep breathe and take a step towards Seokmin.

“Can you please...just..let me have one more kiss? Please?” He doesn’t care if he appeared needy and pitiful. He needed it. Seokmin held his breath. He knew he was going to regret so much but he would be telling himself a lie if he claimed he didn’t want to kiss Jisoo one last time.

“Fine.” Jisoo tiptoed to reach Seokmin’s level and kissed him tenderly. Seokmin yearned the warmth of the latter but refuses to acknowledge that.

“Thank you Seokmin...really. Wish you luck.” Jisoo just slipped away like he did days before. He shakes his head slightly trying to shake off the thought that Jisoo sounded heartbroken. Part of him wanted to chase after him in hopes to be loved back but he knew. He wasn’t meant for Jisoo. He deserved better. He will be forever alone because who would ever want the son of the Mad Hatter?

[Jeonghan]

“Jeonghan…” Jeonghan disregarded Seungcheol’s ineffective effort to start a conversation.

 

“Jeonghan, please! This might be my last moment talking to you…” Jeonghan stood there skeptical and eventually turned around. It’s not like Seungcheol wasn't misleading though. This may be his actual last moment talking to him but then again why did he even fret with the jerk?

“Spit it out of your mouth Charming.” Jeonghan wanted this over with as swift as possible.

"I truly miss you." Jeonghan could feel his right eye twitching with anger. He gripped his team uniform sleeve to prevent himself from punching the royal in front of him.

"If you are goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter