Chapter 18

Happy Together

It was a gloomy morning for everyone after what happen yesterday night at Kyuhyun and Joo-hyun’s engagement party. Jongwoon and Ryeowook are trying to avoid each other. They only stare at each other. Jongwoon wants to start a conversation, but Ryeowook will quickly avoid him and that’s why Jongwoon just leave her alone inside the kitchen, so she can cook properly. He just decided to go at the balcony to catch some fresh air. He saw Kyuhyun there, all by his self, staring at the sky. Jongwoon takes a deep breath and go inside the balcony. He stands beside Kyuhyun.

“What happen yesterday? Have you already talked to the twins?”

Jongwoon asks as he stares at Kyuhyun, noticing his sad face and eyes that are a bit puffy because of crying yesterday night. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I’m sorry. I need to do that not because I want to, but I need to. I just want you to realize what you did to my best friend before and how much you hurt her and your sons. Kyu, Minnie and I didn’t cheat on you. What you witness on that day is not what you’re thinking”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“Just to make it clear…”

“You don’t need to explain Jongwoon. It’s my fault and I’m sorry”

Kyuhyun looks at Jongwoon with a sad expression.

“Thank you for taking care of Minnie and Deullie. Can I ask a simple favor from you? I know that I ruin our good friendship, but can I still ask a favor from you?”

Kyuhyun asks, hoping that Jongwoon will agree on it. Jongwoon nods his head.

“We’re still friends. Speak now”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun, flashing a reassuring smile.

“Can you trust me again? You already take care of Minnie and Deullie for twelve years and I long for them for twelve years. So, will you please allow me to take care of them now? Is it ok with you if I take care of my Minnie, Key and Deullie from now on?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“I am not the one who will decide. It’s up to Minnie and the twins to decide. I can only help you if you will show me more of your sincerity towards my best friend. I don’t want to see Minnie crying again because of you and I don’t want her to get hurt again just like before. That girl loves you so much. She always thinks about you and Key and she keeps on hoping that there’s still chance for you to be together again. But that hope suddenly shattered like a glass when she finds out that you’re already getting married to other woman. You break my best friend’s heart for the second time Kyu. I don’t want you to break it for the third time, fourth, or more. I don’t want you to break her heart continuously”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“I’m talking to you as your friend and as Minnie’s best friend. Please, if she will ever give you another chance, don’t waste it. Don’t hurt my best friend again. It’s hard to see her suffering and hurt because of you”

“What will I do?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“I’m already confused. Minnie is still not answering me. I think she already closes the door for us and the twins hate me that much. But I can’t blame them because it’s my fault. I am the one who cause all the trouble and pain in their hearts and I deserve to suffer like this”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon as tears start forming in his eyes.

“Just give them time to think. If you give up now then you will already lose the battle that is about to start. You just need to understand that you left a deep scar in Minnie’s heart and because of that scar, she’s afraid. You’re the only one who can heal that scar Kyu because you’re the one who cause it”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun before staring at the sky.

“You can do it. If you can break her heart then you can fix it again. It’s a long way for you Kyu…a long long way. If you can’t run then learn how to walk until you finally reach the end of the road and I’m sure that Minnie will wait for you there”

“I hope so”

Kyuhyun whispers and stares at the sky sadly.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Sungmin was staring at her sons who are sitting on the bed, staring at her. She just finished bathing the twins and dressing them up.

“Why do we need to talk to daddy?”

Kibum asks.

“There’s no point of talking to him mommy. He hurt all of us, especially you”

Sandeul told his mother. Kibum nods, agreeing to his twin brother. He and Sandeul hate their father upon knowing the sad truth behind their parents’ divorce. They feel really sad because they can’t believe that their father can hurt their mother like that. They also feel betrayed by their father because Kyuhyun told them that he love their mother and then they will just find out that Kyuhyun hurt their mother physically, emotionally and mentally and even exchange her to other woman and divorce her instantly. It hurts them so much knowing that Kyuhyun cheated on their mother.

“Key…Deullie…”

Sungmin kneels in front of her kids. She holds the twins’ hands and stares at them.

“I know that your dad and I are already divorce, but we’re still a family. No matter what happen, Kyu is still your father and you should not hate him because if it wasn’t for him, both of you are not here right now”

Sungmin told her kids, hoping that they will put down their pride and already talk to their father.

“If it wasn’t for him, Deullie and I will not grow in a broken family and if it wasn’t for him, you’re not going to be hurt that much”

Kibum told his mother angrily.

“We already talk about it yesterday night, right?”

Sungmin asks, but the twins didn’t answer.

“Ok. Listen to me both of you”

Sungmin takes a deep breath before continuing.

“I know how much Kyu hurt all of us, especially me…”

Sungmin’s eyes are starting to get teary as she talks to her kids.

“But it’s between me and your father. I know that both of you are hurt for me, but you don’t need to hate him”

“He’s not a good man”

Sandeul told his mother.

“Cho Sandeul, stop talking like that!”

Sungmin frowns at her kids.

“I know that your dad didn’t become a good husband to me, but it doesn’t mean that he’s not a good man. He is a good person. I know that he hurt me and he didn’t become a good husband to me, but he becomes a good father for both of you”

“Breaking our family means becoming a good father?”

Kibum asks his mother while raising an eyebrow. Sungmin shook her head.

“Kyu loves both of you. He loves you so much and because of that he becomes a good father to you Key and Deullie. Don’t look on how your father hurt me. Instead, look on how he becomes a father for both of you”

Sungmin told them. She looks at Kibum.

“You’ve been with him for twelve years. You see him suffer and work hard to raise you without me by your side. You have a lot of memories with him and you witness how he becomes a father to you and each and every day, I’m sure that Kyu never fail to show how much he loves you even though he’s a very busy man because of his work”

Sungmin told Kibum, making him realize what Kyuhyun gone through just to become a good father to him and to give him all he needs and all he wants. He also remembers how Kyuhyun takes care of him whenever he’s sick and how much his father try his best to be there for him 24/7 even though he’s a very busy doctor. He also remembers how Kyuhyun teach him a lot of things in life and how his father never fail to tell him how much he loves him and how much Sungmin loves him even though Sungmin is not around. He also remembers how his father teach him how to swim and how much Kyuhyun got scared when he drowns and he also remembers Kyuhyun teaching him to ride a bike without the training wheels and how to play games. Kibum also remembers his bonding time with his father inside his laboratory at home and how Kyuhyun answers his curiosity and stupid questions and how Kyuhyun listen to him every time that he will speak though some of it are already nonsense and really stupid. He also remembers Kyuhyun singing lullaby to put him to sleep and Kyuhyun reprimanding him whenever he commit mistakes and how his father spoils him.

“He becomes a father and a mother to you at the same time and that’s not easy, especially for him because he’s a man. It’s hard to be a mother you know”

Sungmin told Kibum before looking at Sandeul.

“I know that your dad is not beside you as you grow up. But I and your Uncle Jongwoon never fail to remind you each and every day how much your dad loves you. You witness that love when you and Key decided to switch places. You feel your dad’s love for you even though you need to pretend as Key and you see how happy he is when he finds out that the twin that was with him is actually you because he longs for you and he’s very happy that you’re already with him because he wants to show you his love and he wants to fill in the space that he left and he wants to be a good and loving father to you just like how he becomes one to Key”

Sungmin told Sandeul whose heart is starting to soften just by thinking how his father take care of him during his stay in Seoul, pretending as his twin brother Kibum. Sandeul remembers how Kyuhyun hug him and calm him because he’s afraid of Magnus. He also remembers that his father told him that they will look for his mother in New York and his bonding time with his father as Kyuhyun bring him to his rest house. He also remembers how his father got worried and scared when he pretended that his tummy is aching just to cancel their dinner with Joo-hyun and her parents. Sandeul also remembers how Kyuhyun stop him from crying and those nights wherein he’s sleeping with his father. He can never forget the lullabies and those sweet hugs that Kyuhyun give him and how Kyuhyun always told him that he loves him so much.

“Babies, your dad love you both so much. If I didn’t meet him then I won’t have two adorable kids and you guys are not here with me today. I’m not going to have twins in my life if I didn’t meet your dad. Just to make things clear, your dad marry me not because he finds out that both of you are already in my tummy. Your dad didn’t marry me because he impregnates me. He marry me because he loves me and he wants to give both of you a happy and complete family”

“But he breaks it mommy”

Sandeul told his mother.

“I know. But he already realizes his mistakes before. Your dad needs both of you in his life. Give him the chance to continue being a good and loving father for both of you. Every one commits mistake, but the most important thing is, he’s already sorry for what he did and he’s trying his best to fix everything because he loves us so much. Forgiveness always comes because there is love. Don’t hate your dad. He’s already having a hard time and I know that he’s already confused and hurt because he knows that both of you are hurt and he doesn’t want that to happen”

Sungmin explains to his kids, so they will understand their father and their current situation. She doesn’t want Kibum and Sandeul to hate Kyuhyun because Kyuhyun is their father and no matter what happen, Sungmin knows and she can feel how much Kyuhyun loves their sons.

“Can he already talk to you now? He’s just waiting for your approval”

Sungmin told her kids. Kibum and Sandeul look at each other and nod their heads. They stare at their mother, waiting for their answers.

“OK MOMMY! WE’RE GOING TO TALK WITH DADDY NOW!”

The twins shout in unison.

“I’ll just call him outside”

Sungmin told her kids. She stands up and kisses the twins’ foreheads before leaving her room to look for Kyuhyun. She went at the living room, but she didn’t find Kyuhyun. She was about to go at the kitchen to look if Ryeowook is there when she saw the door of the balcony open. Sungmin walks towards there and saw Kyuhyun and Jongwoon inside, talking to each other.

“Can I disturb you guys?”

Sungmin asks. They turn around and look at her.

“The twins want to talk to you”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while staring at him. Kyuhyun nods his head and pats Jongwoon’s shoulder before leaving the balcony. Sungmin stares at Jongwoon sadly.

“Want a hug?”

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin didn’t answer. She just goes inside the balcony and stand in front of her best friend. Jongwoon didn’t speak. He just pulls Sungmin gently and gives her a hug. Sungmin buries her beautiful face on her best friend’s chest as tears start falling slowly from her eyes.

“Kyu can heal that deep scar in your heart and can stop those tears from falling if you let him do that. Stop putting your pride on top ok. I know that you still love him. Stop hurting yourself now. It’s time for you to be happy again. Don’t be afraid anymore because I know that this time, he will already be a better and loving husband for you”

Jongwoon told his best friend as he starts Sungmin’s hair gently to comfort her and ease the sadness and pain that she’s feeling on that moment.

~~~

“Key, mommy is right. We shouldn’t hate daddy. He loves us and he’s already sorry”

Sandeul told Kibum who nods his head.

“We should say sorry to him for hating him and for not talking to him yesterday night. We should also start planning now on how we’re going to help him win mommy’s heart again. I guess daddy and mommy are not yet in good terms”

Kibum told his twin brother. Sandeul nods his head, agreeing to his twin brother. He and Kibum can feel that their parents are not yet in good terms because their mother is still sad.

“But what are we going to do now? Can we still push the family vacation that we plan before with Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie? Was it still possible because mommy win yesterday because she figure out who is Key and who is Deullie”

Sandeul told his twin brother.

“Yeah. We fail yesterday and what if mommy will not agree on that family vacation because she and daddy are awkward with each other? Our situation is getting complicated. Don’t forget that we still need to separate daddy and his . We still need to stop his wedding from that evil ”

Kibum told his twin brother.

“Oh! I almost forget about that”

Sandeul and Kibum stare at each other and sigh.

“WHY IT IS SO HARD?”

The twins ask each other. They start getting problematic on how they will stop their father’s wedding to his evil and how they will be able to bring their parents back to each other again. They were thinking so hard about it when someone knocks on the door. Kibum and Sandeul stare at the door and watch it slowly opens. Kyuhyun went inside to talk to his sons.

“DADDY!!!”

Kibum and Sandeul quickly jump off of the bed and run towards Kyuhyun. The twins hug their father as they start crying like kids.

“Aigoo! Why are you guys crying?”

Kyuhyun asks his sons worriedly. He slowly sits on his heels to have the same level to his kids.

“Why are my babies crying? Did something bad happen? Are you hurt? Did your mom gets ma—“

Kyuhyun stops talking when the twins hug him tight.

“SORRY DADDY! WE’RE WRONG! WE SHOULDN’T HATE YOU! WE’RE VERY SORRY DADDY! WE STILL WANT YOU TO BE OUR DAD! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE!”

The twins shout sadly as they keep on crying like kids.

“Yah! Who told you that I’m leaving? Of course I’m not going to leave Japan without you my babies and without your mommy”

Kyuhyun told his sons as he hugs them tight.

“I’m sorry Key and Deullie. I hope you can forgive me. I’m not asking for your forgiveness immediately. I know that it will be hard for both of you to forgive me because of what I did to our family and your mom. But I’m going to wait for that forgiveness. Please, let me continue being a father to both of you and let me love you my babies. I’m really sorry. Daddy commits a stupid mistake, but please don’t hate me. I need you both in my life and both of you will be my strength as I win your mom’s heart again. Please stay with me. Please don’t hate me and please don’t push me away. I’m so sorry Key and Deullie. I love you both”

Kyuhyun told his sons. His tears start falling slowly from his eyes because he can no longer hold it back.

“We love you too daddy”

Kibum told Kyuhyun.

“Are you still going to accept us as your kids?”

Sandeul asks. Kyuhyun wipes his tears away and stares at his kids who are still crying.

“Stop crying my babies. Both of you are my sons and I love you so much. I am your dad and I will be your dad forever even though you hate me”

“BUT WE DON’T HATE YOU ANYMORE”

The twins shout as they cry hard.

“Shhhh…stop crying. Daddy will be sad if my babies won’t stop from crying. Mommy will also be sad if she sees you like that. Stop crying my Key and my Deullie”

Kyuhyun wipes his sons’ tears away. He hugs them, embracing them sweetly and starts singing a lullaby. Kibum and Sandeul quickly stop from crying upon hearing their father’s warm voice that always calm them whenever they are crying, afraid, upset and angry. Kibum and Sandeul wipe their tears away and hug Kyuhyun.

“We’re very sorry daddy. Key and I won’t hate you again. Mommy is right. We shouldn’t hate you because you love us so much and you’re our daddy. Key and I are sorry now. I love you daddy”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun, hugging him tight.

“I’m sorry daddy. I’m sorry for hating you and for not understanding your situation. Deullie and I love you. Promise us that we won’t go back in Seoul without mommy and Deullie. I want them to be with us when we go back in Seoul. I don’t want them to return in New York. Deullie and I want us to be complete. You and mommy should be together again…please promise us”

Kibum told Kyuhyun as he starts sobbing again. Kyuhyun stares at his kids, controlling his tears from falling again.

“Shhhhh…”

Kyuhyun wipes Kibum’s tears away.

“I promise. We will be complete and happy again. I’ll do what it takes for us to be complete and happy again just like before. We won’t go back in Seoul without mommy and Deullie, so stop crying now. Daddy will do everything to bring back our family together again. You and Deullie won’t continue to grow far away from each other and in a broken family because I won’t let that happen anymore. So stop crying now babies. I love you so much”

Kyuhyun told them, wiping their tears away. He kisses their foreheads and gives them a tight hug before staring at them again.

“Are we still going to have a family vacation? Your Uncle Jongwoon told me about that plan earlier when we’re talking at the balcony. Do you still want us to have vacation?”

Kyuhyun asks his kids.

“But mommy wins yesterday. She manages to recognize who is Key and who is Deullie”

Kibum told Kyuhyun sadly. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“It’s ok. The decision is still with you guys. Do you still want us to go camping or we will all just stay here and play? What do you think?”

Kyuhyun asks the twins. Kibum and Sandeul look at each other.

“You decide Key since you’re older than me. You came first before me”

Sandeul told his twin brother. Kibum pouts.

“I’m just older by few minutes ok”

“But still…”

“Why are you always giving me the pressure when you can always decide? Why are you being a baby all the time?”

Kibum asks his twin brother, frowning at him. He really hates it whenever Sandeul will always pressure him when it comes to decision making and always emphasizing that he’s older than him when they are born on the same day and they are twins.

“I’m not being a baby. I’m just tel—“

Sandeul stops talking when someone coughs. The twins stare at their father who is flashing a weak smile.

“Are you going to continue fighting or should I just tell your mom that both of you will be grounded for one week?”

Kyuhyun asks his kids. The twins quickly shook their heads.

“You just need to answer my question as yes or no. Why do you need to fight? Well, I guess both of you don’t want to have camping”

“NO DADDY!”

The twins shout in unison. They stare at each other and smile before looking at Kyuhyun again.

“WE WANT TO HAVE CAMPING!”

They shout happily.

“Ok…”

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath before continuing.

“We’re going to push through that family vacation a.k.a. camping. But in one condition”

Kyuhyun told his kids. Kibum and Sandeul stare at him curiously, wondering what the condition is.

“What is it daddy?”

Sandeul asks his father curiously.

“Speak it up”

Kibum told his father. Kyuhyun smiles at them.

“You need to help me in courting you mom, so I can win her heart again. Is that ok? You can do that for me, right?”

Kyuhyun asks his kids. Kibum and Sandeul stare at each other. They give each other a high five and stare at their father and nod their head happily.

“TEAM KYUHYUN FIGHTING!”

Kibum and Sandeul shout in unison to cheer their father.

“Team Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun asks curiously. The twins nod happily at him.

“Yes daddy. It’s the name of our team…Team Kyuhyun”

Sandeul happily told his father.

“And the goal of our team is to win Lee Sungmin’s heart who happens to be your ex-wife. I, Cho Kibum together with my twin brother Cho Sandeul in cooperation with Kim Jongwoon and Kim Ryeowook will help you reach that goal. All you need to do is follow us and trust our perfect imaginative idea”

Kibum told his father, explaining to him their goal as a team.

“Seriously kids, both of you talk like an adult. Why so mature?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“That’s because you’re our father”

“Like father like sons”

Kibum and Sandeul told their father before giving each other a high five.

“So, are you with us Cho Kyuhyun?”

Kibum asks. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“OK! GO TEAM KYUHYUN! FIGHTING!”

Kyuhyun shouts happily, making his sons giggle happily.

“Now, Deullie and I already have an idea. This is your first step in winning Lee Sungmin’s heart”

Kibum told Kyuhyun before looking at his twin brother happily.

“Deullie, will you please do the honor of telling Cho Kyuhyun our first plan?”

Kibum asks his twin brother. Sandeul nods his head happily.

“My pleasure Key”

Sandeul told Kibum with a smile on his lips. He looks at Kyuhyun.

“Move closer daddy. I’m going to tell it to you”

Sandeul commanded. Kyuhyun obeys the younger Cho and moves closer to him. Sandeul smiles and starts whispering their first plan to win Sungmin’s heart on Kyuhyun’s ear.

“Do you understand?”

Sandeul asks his father. Kyuhyun stares at him curiously.

“Are you sure about it?”

Kyuhyun asks. The twins nod happily.

“There are a lot of ways to win a girl’s heart and that’s number one”

Kibum told his father. Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow.

“And where on earth did you learn those ways?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“It’s according to my opinion and Deullie’s opinion. Trust us Cho Kyuhyun because we’re not playboys like you”

Kibum told his father, making Sandeul laugh softly.

“YAH! CHO KIBUM!”

Kyuhyun shouts as he frowns at the older Cho.

“What? I’m just telling you”

Kibum told his father as he smirks at him.

“Daddy, Key is right…”

“That I am a playboy?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul shook his head.

“It’s your opinion not mine”

“CHO SANDEUL!”

Kyuhyun shouts again, making his kids laugh. Kyuhyun sighs.

“Seriously babies, I’m serious ok. Don’t play on me”

Kyuhyun told his kids. The twins nod at him.

“We’re also serious daddy. We already gave you the first step. All you need to do is to follow it”

Kibum told his father.

“What if she pushes me away?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“That’s not a problem. Just keep on clinging to her until she gives up”

Sandeul told his father.

“ARE YOU WITH US CHO KYUHYUN?”

The twins shout happily, asking their father. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“YES! TEAM KYUHYUN FIGHTING!”

Kyuhyun shouts and smiles at his kids though he’s not really sure if their first step will surely work on Sungmin.

~~~

The twins are sitting at the living room waiting for their parents, Jongwoon and Ryeowook to finish packing their things and the things that they will be using for their camping or also known as ‘family vacation’. They plan to climb up a mountain and stay at a very peaceful cabin and have adventure. Kibum was happily playing on his PSP, happily cursing all his enemies while Sandeul is quietly sitting on the floor, reading a book about viruses, bacteria and different microorganisms that bring illness. Jongwoon went out of his room after packing some of his things that he will be using during their three days camping. Ryeowook came out of the twins’ room, bringing her own things. She and Jongwoon stare at each other as soon as they arrive at the living room.

“Let me help you carry your things”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, volunteering his self to help Ryeowook carries her heavy backpack. Jongwoon walks towards Ryeowook, but she quickly moves away from him, avoiding him.

“It’s ok Captain Kim. I can carry my things alone. No need to help me and my backpack is not really heavy”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon without staring at him. The twins heard their conversation. They pretend that they are busy, but the truth is they are already observing Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s moves and the way they act with each other. The twins can feel awkwardness between them and they are wondering why. Kyuhyun went out of Jongwoon’s room after packing his things.

“Wookie, do you need a hand?”

Kyuhyun asks his cousin as he moves towards her. Ryeowook nods her head and gives her backpack to her cousin.

“Aigoo! Why is your bag so heavy? Can you climb the mountain bringing heavy things? Seriously, what’s inside? Gold or diamond?”

Kyuhyun asks, frowning at his cousin. He hates it whenever Ryeowook is carrying things that are heavier than her.

“I told you not to carry things that are heavier than you”

Kyuhyun told his cousin. Jongwoon stares at Ryeowook blankly because as far as he was concern, Ryeowook told him that her backpack is not heavy. He can’t believe that Ryeowook will lie just to avoid him and Jongwoon feels hurt somehow. Ryeowook smiles at Kyuhyun and went out of the suite without saying anything to Kyuhyun or Jongwoon.

“Was it wrong with that girl?”

Kyuhyun asks Jongwoon, but Jongwoon can only shook his head as an answer. Of course he knows the reason why Ryeowook is like that and why she’s avoiding him, but he can’t tell Kyuhyun about it.

“Twins, your Uncle Jongwoon and I will just pack our things inside the coaster that we will be using for us to be able to go at Mt. Omoto in Ishigaki Island. Where is your mommy?”

Kyuhyun asks his sons.

“In her room, packing her things”

Sandeul answers. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“Tell her that I will go back. Just stay here and wait for me”

“YES DADDY!”

The twins shout happily. Kyuhyun and Jongwoon smile at them and get the twins’ things on top of the sofa, bringing it with them as they leave the suite.

“Deullie”

Kibum calls his twin brother who is sitting on the floor while holding his book. He calls Sandeul’s attention as soon as their father, Jongwoon and Ryeowook are no longer visible in their sight. Sandeul closes the book that he’s reading and looks at his twin brother curiously.

“Have you seen it?”

Kibum asks.

“Seen what?”

Sandeul asks while staring at Kibum curiously.

“The way Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie avoid each other, have you seen it? They are awkward, right?”

Kibum asks his twin brother. He turns off his PSP and stands up to join Sandeul on the floor. Kibum sits beside his twin brother.

“You see it, don’t you and you also feel the awkward atmosphere between them?”

Kibum asks. Sandeul nods his head.

“What do you think happen to them? They are not like that the previous days. They are sweet and happy together then why do they suddenly become awkward with each other? Aunt Wookie even lie that her backpack is not heavy, just to reject Uncle Jongwoon’s offer in helping her bring her things”

Sandeul told his twin brother. Kibum shook his head because he also doesn’t know the reason behind Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s coldness with each other.

“I don’t know. Maybe they fight. Oh seriously Deullie twinnie…”

Kibum holds his forehead as he shakes his head slowly.

“The adults are giving us a very hard time. First it was Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin and now Kim Jongwoon and Kim Ryeowook are joining them. The situation is getting worst now and very complicated for both of us because we need to bring back two set of lovers together. Seriously, what are we? Love Gurus or Love Rescuers? Which is which?”

Kibum asks his twin brother as he sighs heavily. Sandeul suddenly laughs.

“Love Doctors to be exact. It’s more beautiful to hear than Love Gurus or Love Rescuers. What are we going to do now?”

Sandeul asks his twin brother. Kibum thinks for the meantime.

“Do you have an idea? Should we also perform our ways on how to win a girl’s heart to Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie? Oh! My head suddenly aches”

Kibum told his twin brother as he lay down on the floor.

“We can try. But the problem is, Uncle Jongwoon is not asking for our help. What if he has his own way to win Aunt Wookie’s heart?”

Sandeul asks with a very cute voice while blinking cutely. Kibum quickly sits on the floor and shook his head.

“If he has his own way then he shouldn’t let Aunt Wookie act like that and…”

Kibum stops from talking when they heard their mother’s voice.

“KEY HONEY! DEULLIE HONEY! MY BABIES, WHERE ARE YOU?”

Sungmin shouts as she went out of her room.

“WE’RE HERE AT THE LIVING ROOM MOMMY!”

The twins shout happily. Sungmin went at the living room as soon as she heard her kids’ voice.

“Where are they?”

Sungmin asks the twins.

“They already go at the coaster. Uncle Jongwoon and daddy bring our things there”

Kibum answers their mother. Sandeul nods his head.

“Daddy told us that we should wait for him here. He will go back”

Sandeul told Sungmin.

“Ok. So, what are my babies doing?”

Sungmin asks as she sits in between her kids, joining them on the floor. Kibum shows his PSP to his mother, indicating that he’s playing games while Sandeul shows his book that Kyuhyun gave him, indicating that he’s reading and learning things about science and medicine.

“Oh! So both of you are busy? Mommy can’t disturb my babies?”

Sungmin asks.

“Why?”

Kibum asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Nothing. I just want to hug my babies. That’s all. Can I?”

Sungmin asks while smiling at the twins.

“Of course mommy”

“You don’t need to ask”

Kibum and Sandeul put down the things that they are holding on the floor. They stand up and hug their mother sweetly.

“I love you my babies. I’m very happy that both of you are here with me”

Sungmin told her kids, hugging them happily.

“I love you mommy”

“I love you too mommy”

“I love you three and forever mommy”

Kibum and Sandeul let go of their mother as they and Sungmin stare at the owner of the voice. They find Kyuhyun standing beside the sofa while smiling at them sweetly. Sungmin stares at him blankly while her heart starts melting because of Kyuhyun’s sweet smile.

“Deullie and I will go now. See you at coaster mommy and daddy”

Kibum told their parents. He and Sandeul stand up and quickly leave the suite, leaving their parents alone for them to have their own time together.

“Are we going now?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods his head. He walks towards his wife and offers his hand to help her stand.

“I’m not lame. I can stand on my own”

Sungmin told her ex-husband, acting cold towards him. Sungmin stands up, but she loses her balance because she suddenly feels a cramp in her right foot. It’s good that Kyuhyun is quick enough to catch her before she landed on the floor and hurt herself.

“See? I told you that I will help you. Why are you so hardheaded? What if I didn’t catch you? You will end up hurting yourself”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, reprimanding her. Sungmin stares at her ex-husband’s gorgeous face that is so near hers. Her heart starts beating fast, but she manages to control herself and to avoid from blushing. Kyuhyun tighten his arm around Sungmin’s waist, making sure that he won’t drop his ex-wife on the floor. He slowly pulls Sungmin for her to be able to stand straight.

“OUCH!”

Sungmin shouts as soon as she stands straight. She ends up sitting on the floor while holding her right foot that is still cramping.

“Baby, what’s wrong”

Kyuhyun sits on his heels and stares at his ex-wife worriedly. He can see pain in Sungmin’s expression and that makes him even worried about her.

“I’m having cramps”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, biting his lower lip because of pain.

“Let me massage it for you”

Kyuhyun was about to touch Sungmin’s right foot to massage it to help ease the pain, but Sungmin hits Kyuhyun’s hands before he can touch her right foot.

“Ouch! Minnie!”

Kyuhyun frowns at his ex-wife.

“Don’t you dare touch me! I can take care of myself!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, frowning at him.

“Why are you so cold?”

Kyuhyun asks sadly as he watches Sungmin massages her right foot.

“I’m worried about you, don’t you know that?”

Kyuhyun told his wife when Sungmin ignores him. He’s really worried about his ex-wife and he’s really concern about her.

“Since when did you learn to care about me?”

Sungmin asks with coldness in her voice. She slowly stands up and leaves the suite.

“Why is she so cold again? Aish! I really think that the kids’ step one in winning a girl’s heart won’t work to their mom. Seriously, Minnie is scary. Why is she getting mad at me all of a sudden? It’s really hard to understand a girl’s mood. Aish!”

Kyuhyun told his self. He sighs heavily and just stands up and follows Sungmin outside.

~~~

*MT. OMOTO, ISHIGAKI ISLAND*

 

The Chos, Jongwoon and Ryeowook finally arrive at Mt. Otomo wherein they will spend five hours to climb the mountain and reach their destination. They will have a camping at the mountain for three days. Jongwoon and Kyuhyun clap their hands to catch Sungmin, Ryeowook and the twins’ attention.

“Before we start our journey up the Mt. Omoto, Kyu and I just need to tell something. It’s some advice for all of us. It’s for our safety ok”

Jongwoon told them. He looks at Kyuhyun and nods at him, signaling that it’s time for him to speak.

“Jongwoon and I just want to remind all of us that we only have two maps. I have a copy of it”

Kyuhyun raises the map.

“And the other copy is with Jongwoon”

Jongwoon shows them happily the other copy of the map.

“But we decided that we will not go in a group because it will be hard for us. We might lose each other and we don’t want that to happen. So, we must stick together all the time”

Jongwoon told them.

“Our journey is estimated to last for five hours. It’s already one in the afternoon. We need to arrive at our destination at exactly five in the afternoon or before the sunset because it will be hard for all of us if we’re still climbing the mountain at night and it will be scary for sure. I know that some of you are afraid of ghosts”

Jongwoon told them. Sandeul quickly hugs his twin brother who just smirks because he’s not afraid of ghosts and he thinks that his twin brother is being a baby again. Jongwoon and Kyuhyun stare at Sungmin and Ryeowook who are holding each other’s hands, feeling nervous because they are afraid of ghosts.

“I think we should go now, so we can arrive at our destination before sunset”

Sungmin told them. Ryeowook nods her head, agreeing to Sungmin.

“Unnie is right. We should get going now”

Ryeowook told them.

“I also agree because Deullie is being a baby again. He might cry if the ghost suddenly appears in front of him”

Kibum told them. He looks at his twin brother.

“BOO!!!”

Kibum shouts, making Sandeul jumps. Kibum starts laughing to tease his twin brother while staring at his scared expression.

“Yah! Why are you always teasing me huh?”

Sandeul asks his twin brother while frowning at him.

“That’s because…you’re…such…a…baby…boo…”

Kibum told his twin brother, happily teasing him while laughing hard at him.

“YAH!”

Sandeul shouts. He pushes Kibum away. Kibum stops laughing.

“Yah! Do you want to have a fight?”

Kibum asks as he frowns at his twin brother. He pushes Sandeul. The twins start hitting each other while bickering at each other, having a sibling fight. Kyuhyun quickly run towards them to stop them from fighting before they completely hurt each other that much.

“CHO KIBUM! CHO SANDEUL! WHO TOLD YOU TO FIGHT?”

Kyuhyun raises his voice, feeling angry towards his kid.

“Daddy, Key was the one who start it”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun as he points a finger on Kibum.

“Why me? You’re the one who start pushing me”

Kibum told Sandeul, blaming his twin brother.

“That’s because you tease me! I will not push you fi you didn’t tease me!”

“But you still push me!”

The twins start bickering at each other again. Kyuhyun stands in between them.

“Yah! Are you not going to stop from arguing? Do you want me to tie both of you on the tree and leave you behind?”

Kyuhyun asks them. Sungmin heard what her ex-husband told their kids.

“Yah! How can you threaten our babies like that?”

Sungmin asks while frowning at Kyuhyun.

“I’m not threatening them baby. I’m disciplining them, so they will stop from fighting and bickering with each other. They are always like that”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife.

“Don’t call me baby! Disciplining? Is that what you call disciplining them? Threatening them is your way of disciplining?”

Sungmin asks, throwing argument with Kyuhyun.

“Excuse me Cho Sungmin, let me—“

“It’s Lee Sungmin ok. I’m no longer your wife!”

“Fine Lee Sungmin! Why are you always being moody and co—“

“MOMMY!!! DADDY!!!”

The twins shout to stop their parents from arguing.

“Why are you bickering at each other?”

Kibum asks while staring at his parents cutely.

“Are you guys fighting?”

Sandeul asks, flashing his cute doe eyes. The twins start acting as if they don’t know that their parents are fighting and why they are fighting. Sungmin looks at her kids.

“Well, of course we’re not fighting babies. Kyu and I are just talking, right?”

Sungmin told her ex-husband as she gives him a glare. Kyuhyun flashes a weak smile and nods his head like an idiot.

“Oh yes! We’re not fighting”

Kyuhyun told his sons as he laughs like an idiot.

“Come here my babies. Come to mommy”

Sungmin told her kids. Kibum and Sandeul quickly run towards their mother and hugs her.

“Are you guys afraid? Did daddy scare you?”

Sungmin asks the twins, emphasizing each word.

“Yah! You’re spoiling them”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife while staring at their kids who stuck their tongues out to .

“YAH! CHO KIBUM! CHO SANDEUL!”

Kyuhyun shouts.

“CHO KYUHYUN!”

Sungmin shouts at her ex-husband.

“Stop scaring our babies”

“I’m not scaring them. You’re just spoiling them that much”

“You’re also spoiling them, so why can’t I do the same?”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She stares at the twins who are flashing their cute puppy eyes.

“Oh! My babies are so adorable and cute like me. Let’s get going now and leave you daddy alone”

Sungmin told the twins. She stares at Kyuhyun and pouts at him before walking away with their kids.

“Let’s go Wookie”

“Yes unnie”

Ryeowook starts walking with Sungmin and the twins, leaving Kyuhyun and Jongwoon behind.

“Seriously, are they helping me or just giving me a hard time on winning their mom’s heart?”

Kyuhyun asks as he watches the twins walking away with Sungmin and Ryeowook. Jongwoon run towards Kyuhyun.

“Come on Kyu. We need to go as well or else the ghost will haunt us. Boo!”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun teasing him. He starts laughing softly. Kyuhyun throws him a weird glare.

“Why are you so weird?”

Kyuhyun asks. Jongwoon smiles at Kyuhyun.

“You can just make it up to Minnie later. Come on or the ghost will haunt us”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun as he starts laughing again.

“Yeah right. You’re so weird. Nothing changes at all”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon. He gently hits Jongwoon’s arm before they walk together to follow Sungmin, Ryeowook and the twins.

~~~

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun, why are you a scared cat huh?”

Kibum asks his father as he and Sandeul walk with him.

“Deullie and I are observing you. You’re not doing what we told you to do. You’re not even walking beside mommy and holding her hand”

Kibum added as he pouts.

“You guys are not helping me. You made your mom mad at me earlier and it’s not my fault if she’s acting so cold towards me. I seriously don’t understand her anymore. She wants to be cold then I’ll be cold to her as well”

Kyuhyun told his kids. Sandeul shook his head.

“You’re being immature daddy. You must lower your pride and ego this time. Don’t forget that it’s your fault why mommy is mad at you. You’re the one who cheat on her and you hurt her. You promise Key and I earlier that you will do anything for you to win mommy’s heart. Suffer the consequence and stop being a scared cat ok”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun before running towards Jongwoon who is leading the way.

“Deullie got a point Cho Kyuhyun”

“Will you please stop talking to me like that? I seriously think that you and Deullie are already being abusive here. Don’t forget that I’m still your father and you must not talk to me as if we have the same age”

Kyuhyun told Kibum while frowning.

“Do it or you lose. Good luck”

Kibum told his father before running towards Ryeowook who is walking behind Jongwoon and Sandeul. Kyuhyun stops from walking causing Sungmin to bump into him.

“Ouch! What in the world are you doing Cho Kyuhyun? Why did you stop walking?”

Sungmin asks her ex-husband while frowning at him.

“Oh! I’m sorry. Are you ok?”

Kyuhyun asks his ex-wife, holding her.

“Oh! Thanks to you I almost fall down on the ground”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun sarcastically before pushing him away from her.

“Don’t touch me ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before walking away from him.

“Yah!”

Kyuhyun starts walking fast to follow his ex-wife.

“Minnie, will you please tell me why you’re too cold towards me? I’m already having a hard time understanding your mood. Why don’t you just talk to me properly instead of acting like this?”

Kyuhyun asks Sungmin. He manages to catch Sungmin’s arm to stop her from walking.

“Leave me alone!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she pulls her arm away from her ex-husband’s grip. She starts walking fast, leaving Kyuhyun behind.

“Seriously, she’s making the situation hard for both of us”

Kyuhyun whispers. He takes a deep breath and starts running to chase Sungmin.

“Baby, please talk to me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, begging her while walking beside her. He’s trying his best to have skinship with her and to hold her close to him, just like what their kids told him earlier since according to Kibum and Sandeul’s opinion about winning a girl’s heart, step one or the first plan is to hold the girl closer for her to feel how much you want to protect her because a man should always reassure his girl that he can protect her and will protect her no matter what happen.

“Please tell me why you’re acting like that towards me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, continue begging her to talk to him properly and stop running away from him.

“We don’t need to talk Kyu. I just don’t want to talk to you ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, controlling her temper. She’s mad at her ex-husband because of the fact that she’s feeling jealous of Joo-hyun because as far as Sungmin is concern, Kyuhyun is about to marry his fiancée. She doesn’t know that Kyuhyun already broke up with Joo-hyun yesterday night during the celebration of their engagement. Kyuhyun is not yet informing Sungmin about it. Sungmin is also having a hard time to treat Kyuhyun nicely because she really doesn’t know how she should treat her ex-husband after what happen yesterday night and she doesn’t know if she should give in to her feelings or not. Sungmin really wants to hug Kyuhyun and kiss him and tell him that she still loves him, but she has a pride. She’s a woman who got hurt badly because of Kyuhyun and of course she should play a little hard to get and not an easy to get just like how Kyuhyun get her to be his girl before. Sungmin must make it hard for Kyuhyun this time for him to treasure her even more and for him to try all his best to prove his love for her and for their kids and their family.

“Tell me what I should do for you to talk to me and for you to stop acting cold towards me. Baby, please. I just can’t take it anymore. I’m not used to this kind of treatment. You never treat me coldly like this before. So please, I’m already begging you. If you want me to kneel then I’ll do it. Just talk to me properly and not like this. Let’s talk ok”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, begging her. He holds Sungmin’s hand, but she quickly pulls it away from his grip.

“I told you that we don’t need to talk. You leave me alone. That’s what I want”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she starts walking fast again, but Kyuhyun walks fast as well to catch up.

“Is that really what you want? You want me to leave you alone? Do you really want us to be like this? Cold at each other?”

Kyuhyun asks sadly. Sungmin nods her head.

“Leave me alone and stop disturbing me Kyu”

“Fine. If that’s what you want then I will never disturb you again and I will lea—“

Kyuhyun didn’t have the chance to finish talking because he trips on the branches that are scattered on the ground. He didn’t notice it because he was too busy talking to Sungmin, begging her and hoping that his ex-wife will treat him nicely somehow and will stop being cold to him. Kyuhyun falls hard on the ground, hurting his self.

“KYU!”

Sungmin shouts, feeling worried about her ex-husband. She quickly runs towards Kyuhyun and sits on her heels to check Kyuhyun. Jongwoon run towards Kyuhyun and Sungmin with Ryeowook and the twins as soon as they hear Sungmin shouting.

“What happen?”

Jongwoon asks.

“I’m fine. I just hurt my right knee. I’m fine. Nothing to worry about”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon who is checking him.

“OUCH!”

Kyuhyun shouts because of pain when Jongwoon touches his bleeding knee.

“Oops! Sorry about that Kyu. I didn’t mean to hurt you…sorry”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun in a very apologetic manner.

“I’m ok. You guys must keep on going. We need to arrive at our destination before sunset or else all of us will be having a hard time. I’ll just catch up. I’m just going to treat my wound and I’ll be fine”

Kyuhyun told them.

“But we can’t leave you here”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun worriedly.

“Captain Kim is right oppa. We can’t leave you here in that kind of situation. We will stay. We all stay together”

Ryeowook told her cousin while staring at Kyuhyun with worried face.

“Daddy, are you ok?”

Sandeul asks his father worriedly. Kibum sits beside Kyuhyun.

“You’re going to be fine right daddy?”

Kibum asks his father, feeling worried as well. Kyuhyun manages to flash a smile though he’s feeling hurt and in pain at that moment.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I can take care of myself. Just keep going. I will catch up. That’s a promise. No need to worry. I am used to camp and I have map”

Kyuhyun told them.

“But…”

“I’m ok”

Kyuhyun told his kids while smiling at them. He looks at Jongwoon who is staring at him worriedly.

“Please take care of Wookie and the kids as well as Minnie. I promise to catch up. You better go now. It’s getting late and I bet our destination is not that far anymore. Just a little bit more and we will already arrive there. Keep going. I’ll be fine”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon, flashing a reassuring smile.

“I won’t leave Kyu here. I’ll stay with him. You guys keep on going. Kyu and I will catch up. I can’t leave him alone like this and it’s my fault why he trips on the ground”

Sungmin told them. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“You go with them baby. I’ll be fine”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin frowns at him.

“Stop being a hardheaded boy Cho Kyuhyun! I will stay because I want. You will not tell me on what I should do and not to do! It’s my own decision!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before focusing her attention back on her best friend.

“Just go now Jongwoonie. You take care of Wookie and the twins and you also take care”

“Arasso. Both of you need to be safe. We will wait for you at the cabin ok”

“Ok. We promise to catch up”

Sungmin told her best friend. The twins hug their parents.

“We promise to catch up babies. I can’t leave your daddy behind. Both of you needs to behave and don’t go far away from Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie”

Sungmin told the twins. Kibum and Sandeul nod at her.

“Daddy will be fine. No need to worry. See you later babies”

Kyuhyun told the twins. Sungmin and Kyuhyun kiss their kids’ foreheads before letting them go. They wave their hands at their mommy and daddy before leaving with Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

“You should go with them. I told you that I’m fine. It’s just a….OUCH!”

Kyuhyun frowns at his ex-wife who presses his wound so hard causing is to bleed even more.

“It’s just a wound? A deep wound? Who told you to run and chase me? Who told you to be stupid and not look into your way and wear short pants? Aish! Why are you such a hard headed kid? Look what happen to you. You’re hurt and you’re telling me that you’re fine!”

Sungmin told her ex-husband, reprimanding him like a little kid.

“Let me help you treat your wound”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who nods his head. He takes off his backpack and opens it to get his first aid kit. Sungmin snatches it away from him. Kyuhyun quickly removes his Mickey Mouse pull over, leaving him with his white polo shirt and khaki short pants and pink running shoes.

“Put it on the ground, so you can sit down. I don’t want you to have a hard time because of me.

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin stares at her husband’s pull over before getting it away from him.

“Is it really ok?”

Sungmin asks, feeling worried for Kyuhyun’s pull over. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“Just go ahead and sit down on it. You’re wearing white shorts…just reminding”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin sighs and spread her ex-husband’s pull over on the ground. She sits on it in an Indian sit position and puts the first aid kit on her lap.

“Thanks for staying here with me”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin opens the first aid kit and get a wooden cotton swab and ointment.

“I just want to remind you Doctor Cho Kyuhyun that I stay because I feel guilty. I know that it’s my fault why you hurt yourself. That’s all”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, hurting him emotionally. Kyuhyun feel hurt because of his ex-wife’s coldness towards him, especially the way she speaks. It seems that Sungmin really hates him that much. Kyuhyun was actually hoping that Sungmin will tell him that she stays because she cares for him, but it didn’t turns out the way he expects it to be.

“When will you stop acting cold towards me?”

Kyuhyun asks Sungmin who is busy treating his deep wound on his right knee.

“What do you expect me to do? Act sweet, hug and kiss you?”

Sungmin asks sarcastically without looking at her ex-husband. Kyuhyun shook his head and gently lifts Sungmin’s chin and stares at her. Sungmin notices the sadness in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“I’m just expecting you to at least treat me nicely and not like this. Seriously, can you please show me that you care and that’s the reason why you stay? I’m already hurt baby, why are you still like that? Why do you need to pretend when I can see that you’re really worried about me? I can see it through your eyes and it can never lie”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife sadly while staring at her eyes. It’s true that her eyes never lie. Sungmin cares about Kyuhyun that much and she’s worried about him and that’s why she stays because she wants to make sure that Kyuhyun will be alright. No matter how try she denies it and how much she pretend, her eyes keep on betraying her because her eyes always show her real emotions.

“Why are you so lame huh? You’re a doctor, but you don’t know how to take care of yourself. You always want to worry other people”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as tears start falling from her eyes because of feeling too worried about her ex-husband.

“You’re always making me cry”

Sungmin whispers. She stops crying when Kyuhyun touches her beautiful face gently and wipes her tears away.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t cry anymore. I’ll be fine. You don’t need to worry that much. It’s just a wound. I’m not going to die, so please stop worrying about me. I don’t want to see you like that”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He gets the first aid kit on Sungmin’s lap and starts cleaning and treating his wound, so that his ex-wife won’t have a hard time because of him. Sungmin helps Kyuhyun to put gauze and bandage on his right knee.

“Are you ok now?”

Sungmin asks with concern as she gently wipes away the dry blood on Kyuhyun’s right leg with her wet wipes. Kyuhyun nods.

“I am. I told you that I’m fine. No need to worry”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. They clean up the mess. Sungmin return the first aid kit inside Kyuhyun’s backpack before standing up. She picks her ex-husband’s pull over.

“It’s already dirty. I’ll just wash it later”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She neatly folds it and puts it inside her backpack.

“Can you walk?”

Sungmin asks her ex-husband who is already standing in front of her. Kyuhyun thinks for the moment. He was about to answer that he can walk when Sungmin holds his hand.

“Why?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Just hold my hand and let’s walk together ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, still feeling worried about him. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“Let’s go now, so we can catch up with Jongwoon, Wookie and our kids”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin nods her head. They start walking slowly because Kyuhyun’s right knee is aching, making it hard for him to walk fast or run. They walk together while holding each other’s hands tightly, never want to let go of each other and somehow Kyuhyun thank his self for being stupid and for tripping on the ground and hurting his self because if it didn’t happen then he wouldn’t be able to walk with Sungmin and hold her closer to him.

“Are you sure that you’re fine?”

Sungmin asks while giving Kyuhyun a worried glare. Kyuhyun is limping, but he still manages to flash a smile though he’s in pain. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“I’m fine. Stop worrying about me. I’ll be fine as long as you’re here with me, holding my hand”

Kyuhyun told his wife. Sungmin looks away, avoiding herself from blushing because Kyuhyun is giving her a sweet glare that makes her heart melt and makes her want to giggle happily, but she needs to control herself and stick on playing hard to get.

“Baby…”

Kyuhyun whispers.

“Hmmm?”

Sungmin asks, still avoiding her ex-husband’s sweet glare.

“Can we walk together like this forever?”

Kyuhyun asks his ex-wife. He was waiting for Sungmin to answer, but all he gets was a total silence from her.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Kibum and Sandeul are walking together while holding each other’s hands. They are walking in front of Jongwoon and Ryeowook, so they can see the twins and make sure that they won’t go far away from them and won’t get lost.

“What are we going to do now?”

Sandeul asks his twin brother.

“I bet mommy and daddy are already having their own time together. Now what? How about Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie? What are we going to do to bring them together? They are still awkward too each other and it’s really bothering me”

Sandeul starts nagging.

“Shhhh…I’m thinking. Just be quiet for a minute and let me think about it”

Kibum told his twin brother. Sandeul nods his head and gives his twin brother some time to think about a possible way for them to bring Jongwoon and Ryeowook close to each other again though they still don’t have any idea as to why they are acting cold towards each other and why they are very awkward to each other. Kibum suddenly stops walking, making Sandeul to stop walking too.

“Why?”

Sandeul asks while staring at his twin brother curiously.

“I’M SO TIRED!!!”

Kibum shouts, pretending that he’s really feeling very tired. The truth is, he just can’t think of a good way or possible way to bring Jongwoon and Ryeowook together and that’s why he stops walking and acts like he’s very tired. Kibum needs some time to think of a good plan and he won’t be able to do it if they will keep on walking. Jongwoon and Ryeowook walk towards the kids.

“Ok. We’re going to take a rest for awhile. We’ve been walking for like three and a half hours already. Let’s take a break for awhile”

Jongwoon told them. The twins nod their heads as they both sit on the log, observing Jongwoon and Ryeowook who keep on avoiding each other. They are not even talking with each other. Ryeowook just sits on the boulder, drinks water and listens to music in her iPod while Jongwoon keeps on scanning their map, checking if they are already near their destination.

“Why did you stop from walking? Are you really tired?”

Sandeul asks.

“Seriously, you look fine and not tired at all. You’re just acting again”

Sandeul whispers to his twin brother. Kibum snatches the water bottle away from Sandeul’s grip and drinks water from it before returning it to Sandeul.

“I need to act as if I’m really tired”

Kibum told his twin brother. He stares at Sandeul who is staring at him blankly, feeling a bit confused because he doesn’t understand why his twin brother needs to pretend that he’s already tired.

“I need some time to think on how we’ll be able to bring Uncle Jongwoonie and Aunt Wookie close to each other again. I’m not used to see them acting coldly towards each other and avoiding each other. This is not so right. I need to think and I can’t think properly if we keep on walking. I need to sit and think for awh—“

Kibum didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Sandeul suddenly hugs him.

“Yah! What is your problem huh?”

Kibum asks Sandeul as he stares on him. He notices fear in his twin brother’s eyes.

“Key…”

Sandeul whispers nervously. He points his shaky finger on something that was on the ground.

“There’s a frog. I’m scared”

Sandeul told his brother with teary eyes. Sandeul is afraid of frogs, insects and creepy animals while Kibum loves those things so much. Kibum laughs softly, teasing his baby brother again.

“Stop laughing on me. OMO! It’s going near us now. You’ve got to do something”

Sandeul told his twin brother nervously. Kibum just keeps on laughing because he really thinks that his twin brother is being such a baby and scared cat again.

“Don’t be silly Deullie. Why are you being a baby again? It’s just a frog you know. Why are you…hey…”

Kibum looks at his brother with a bright smile on his lips.

“It’s a frog Deullie. Come to think of it. It’s a frog”

Kibum told Sandeul happily.

“I know that’s a frog. I’m not stupid ok”

“I know. I know. I know”

Kibum nods his head happily as he finally thinks of a good way to bring Jongwoon and Ryeowook closer to each other.

“Thanks to you baby brother and to the frog because I finally think of a good plan to bring Uncle Jongwoonie and Aunt Wookie close to each other”

Kibum happily told his twin brother as he hugs him tight.

“How?”

Sandeul asks. Kibum stares at him and flashes an evil smile.

“Watch and learn”

Kibum told Sandeul.

“Why do I have a feeling that you’re planning something evil?”

Sandeul ask his twin brother.

“Sometimes being evil is not a sin”

Kibum told Sandeul. He giggles happily and stands up. He carefully walks towards the frog and sits on his heels and quickly catches the frog before it can jump away from him.

“You will help us froggy frog frog”

Kibum whisper.

“Ewwww! That was dirty Key. Drop it now. Don’t touch it. It’s so disgusting you know and really scary”

Sandeul told his twin brother who stands up slowly and joins him on the log.

“I’m not scared of frogs. Ready your baby wipes and hand sanitizer because I’m going to use it later after our lovely plan for Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie. This frog will help us and he is the key for us to be able to bring Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie closer to each other”

Kibum happily told his twin brother while raising the little frog in front of Sandeul, showing it to him.

“Get that frog away from me!”

Sandeul frowns and quickly stands up and walks towards Jongwoon, making sure that Kibum won’t do a certain prank on him because Kibum is such a bully twin brother who always loves to play around, prank on him and .

“It’s ok little froggy frog frog. My twin brother is such a baby. Don’t mind him”

Kibum told the frog. He laughs softly and stands up. He walks towards Jongwoon who is busy scanning their map. He places his right hand on his back, making sure that Jongwoon and Ryeowook won’t see the frog that he’s holding. Kibum moves closer to his twin brother.

“I’ll put the frog near Aunt Wookie. Once I stand up, start acting scared and point at the frog. Do you understand?”

Kibum told his twin brother, giving him simple instructions. Sandeul nods his head.

“Let’s start our Plan A now”

Kibum whispers as he flashes an evil smile, but not too obvious.

“Uncle, Deullie and I are no longer tired. We can already walk again”

Kibum told Jongwoon, catching his attention. Sandeul nods his head, supporting his twin brother in their Plan A.

“I agree with Key Uncle Jongwoonie. We should keep on going now. I think it’s still a long way for us to get to our destination and I’m scared of ghost and the sky is getting dark. I think it will rain”

Sandeul told Jongwoon, going on with the flow for him and Kibum to be able to execute their Plan A in bringing Jongwoon and Ryeowook closer together. Jongwoon stares at the sky. It’s a bit dark and it looks like it will really rain. He looks at Ryeowook who is still sitting on the boulder while listening happily to the music in her iPod. Jongwoon walks towards her. Kibum and Sandeul smile at each other and follow Jongwoon from behind. Ryeowook turns off her iPod and takes her earphones away from her ears when she saw Jongwoon standing in front of her.

“Yes?”

Ryeowook asks.

“Please call Kyu while I call Minnie. We need to tell them to hurry because the sky is a bit dark. I think it will rain today”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods her head. She and Jongwoon try contacting Sungmin and Kyuhyun, but there’s no signal since they are already on a high spot wherein it’s difficult to get a signal.

“No signal”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

“Me too”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

“Me three”

Kibum told them, showing his iphone.

“Me four”

Sandeul told them, showing his galaxy note 3. Jongwoon just sighs.

“Let’s just keep on walking. We’re almost there. Two more hours, I think and we will finally arrive at the cabin on top of the mountain”

Jongwoon informs them.

“Are mommy and daddy will be fine?”

Sandeul asks worriedly. Jongwoon nods his head.

“Don’t worry at them. Kyu is with Minnie and they are together. They will be fine for sure”

Jongwoon told Sandeul calming him. Sandeul nods his head and looks at his twin brother as Ryeowook jumps off of the boulder.

“Oh! I need to tie my shoe lace first”

Kibum told them, making a fake excuse. He slowly sits on his heels and pretends that he’s tying his shoe lace when he’s actually placing the little frog near Ryeowook.

“I’m very sorry Aunt Wookie, but Deullie and I need to do this because it’s the right think…I guess so”

Kibum thought.

“Be good or I’ll fry you later. Cooperate little froggy frog frog”

Kibum whispers softly. He flashes a smile before standing up.

“I’m ready”

Kibum told them, signaling his twin brother that it’s his turn to act just like what he told him earlier.

“AHHHHHH!!!!”

Sandeul suddenly shouts causing Jongwoon and Ryeowook to jump. Sandeul quickly hugs Kibum.

“Yah! Why are you being such a baby?”

Kibum told Sandeul, frowning at him, working on his acting. Sandeul’s hands start to tremble as he stares on something.

“Honey, what is it? Tell Uncle Jongwoon what it is”

Jongwoon told Sandeul, noticing his scared expression.

“Uncle…”

Sandeul’s eyes start getting teary. He’s no longer acting because he’s already feeling scared of the frog. Sandeul points his shaky finger on the ground.

“There’s a frog on Aunt Wookie’s direction”

Sandeul told Jongwoon with fear in his voice. Ryeowook quickly looks on the ground and saw the little frog, making her feel nervous because she’s afraid of frogs.

“AHHHHHH!!! JONGWOONIE!!! THERE’S A FROG!!!”

Ryeowook shouts with so much fear in her voice. She quickly hugs Jongwoon who is just standing beside her.

“I’M SCARED!”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, almost crying. Jongwoon hugs Ryeowook to calm her down while Kibum is busy cleaning his hands with Sandeul’s wet wipes, alcohol and hand sanitizer.

“It’s ok I’m here. You don’t need to be scared”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who buries her beautiful face on his chest. Jongwoon can feel her trembling because of fear. He hugs Ryeowook tightly and starts rubbing her back gently and humming softly on her ear to make her calm down. The twins give each other high five and thumb up and Jongwoon saw that. The twins’ smiles suddenly vanished from their lips when they saw Jongwoon staring at them while frowning, giving them a questioning glare. Kibum and Sandeul just smile at him and hold each other’s hands.

“We need to go now”

Kibum told Jongwoon and Ryeowook as he and Sandeul start walking happily hand on hand, ignoring Jongwoon’s questioning glare.

“Are you ok now?”

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook while staring at her worriedly. Ryeowook nods her head.

“Thank you Captain Kim”

“It’s Jongwoon ok”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He gets Ryeowook’s things on top of the boulder and carries it for her.

“I can do it”

“No! I will carry it for you. I don’t want you to have a hard time, understand?”

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook just nods and looks away, so that Jongwoon will not see her blushing.

“Let’s go”

Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon when he holds her hand.

“Let me protect you. So please, don’t ever let go of my hand, arasso?”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook with so much care and concern for her. Ryeowook nods shyly, controlling herself from blushing again. She just can’t help but to fall in love with Jongwoon even more. But then, she needs to control herself and force herself to stop loving Jongwoon because that’s what he wants and that hurts her so much, but she can’t do anything because it’s Jongwoon’s decision and she doesn’t know how she will change it.

“I’m sorry. I know that I hurt you. But please, let me take care of you Wookie even just for awhile. Don’t ever let go of my hand and don’t be scared because I am here. I will protect you no matter what happen”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He smiles sweetly at her. Ryeowook just nods her head, still hoping that Jongwoon will be her man someday.

“I’m still waiting”

Ryeowook whispers softly…soft enough for Jongwoon not to hear it.

“Let’s go?”

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook nods her head sadly, holding back her tears. Jongwoon flashes a weak smile because he can still feel a little coldness between him and Ryeowook. He just drops his head as he and Ryeowook start walking to follow the twins before they can walk far away from them.

~~~

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were still walking slowly hand on hand. Kyuhyun was busy scanning their map, holding it with his free hand, checking if they are still on the right track. Sungmin is already tired of walking, but she can’t tell it to Kyuhyun because they need to keep going since the sky is getting dark. Kyuhyun is afraid that it will rain on that day and that’s why he and Sungmin must arrive at their destination as soon as possible before it rains. Sungmin gently scratch her neck because she’s already feeling itchy because of the trees, plants and bushes along their way. She suddenly notices that her necklace is missing. Sungmin stops walking, causing Kyuhyun to stop as well.

“Is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks his ex-wife upon noticing her worried expression.

“I need to go back”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun. She let go of her hand and turns her back away from him and start walking away, going back to the place wherein Kyuhyun hurt his self.

“MINNIE!!!”

Kyuhyun shouts as he follows Sungmin from behind. His right knee is really painful, but he doesn’t mind to run after his ex-wife. He manages to catch Sungmin and holds her arm, turning her towards him.

“What the ing hell are you doing?”

Kyuhyun asks seriously. Sungmin’s tears start forming in her eyes.

“I need to go back to the place where you hurt yourself”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, trying to escape from him.

“Why do you need to go back there? We’re already far from there and it’s getting late now. I told you that we need to keep going because we need to arrive to our destination as soon as possible because the sky is getting dark and it seem that the rain will pour hard”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife, holding her arm tightly.

“Just go and leave me alone ok!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun and pushes him away. She manages to escape from her ex-husband. Sungmin starts walking fast to go back to the place where Kyuhyun hurt his self, hoping that she will find her necklace along her way.

“LEE SUNGMIN!”

Kyuhyun shouts angrily because of his ex-wife’s hard headedness. He forces his self to run after Sungmin, ignoring the pain on his right knee.

“What the ing are you going to do? You’re going to get lost!”

Kyuhyun told his wife, trying to catch her. But Sungmin keeps on walking fast.

“I don’t care!”

“Why are you being a hard headed girl?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling irritated already towards his ex-wife. Sungmin stops walking and stares at Kyuhyun angrily.

“Why do you keep on following me? Seriously Doctor Cho, I don’t need you here! I can go alone and I can take care of myself without you! Honestly, why do you need to be here? You supposed to be with your fiancée right now!”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun with so much pain and jealousy in her voice, releasing her anger towards Kyuhyun and her jealousy towards Joo-hyun.

“Joo-hyun and I are already over. I end everything about is yesterday at the party. I call off the wedding”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who was shock upon hearing her ex-husband.

“It’s your choice not mine”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun.

“Of course it’s my choice because I love you”

“Shut the off and leave me alone!”

“Fine! If that’s what you want! I’m going to leave you alone because I’m already tired of you acting like this and treating me very coldly! I know that I hurt you, but do you need to hurt me too? If you don’t love me anymore then don’t hurt me like this”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, feeling really sad because of the way his ex-wife treat him.

“I won’t disturb you anymore. Sorry for being a hardheaded man and for being too irritating”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before turning his back away from her. Sungmin watches Kyuhyun sadly as he walks away from her.

“Of course you will never stay because you really don’t love me and you never did. You don’t even care at all”

Sungmin whispers, controlling her tears from falling. She turns around and starts walking to look for her necklace. Kyuhyun stop walking and turns around.

“Aish! That hardheaded girl is really making me worry too much. What does she think she’s doing and why on earth she’s going all by herself? She doesn’t even have a map. She will surely get lost here”

Kyuhyun told his self while watching Sungmin walking all by herself. She starts running because the thunder strikes and she’s afraid of it. She needs to hurry and look for her necklace because it’s getting dark and the rain is soon to pour. Kyuhyun takes a deep breath.

“I can’t leave her behind. She’s my wife and I love her even though she hates me so much”

Kyuhyun told his self. He starts walking.

“Damn it! My right knee is ing aching again!”

Kyuhyun told his self, bearing the pain.

“Where is she? ! Why did she run so fast? Now what? Damn it Cho Kyuhyun! You need to find her and stop being lame ok!”

Kyuhyun told his self as he starts walking fast to look for his ex-wife.

“MINNIE, WHERE ARE YOU?”

Kyuhyun shouts loudly. The thunder strikes again.

“Ok. This is bad. I need to find her soon before the rain pour down”

Kyuhyun told his self as he continues to walk, searching for his wife.

“MINNIE, WHERE ARE YOU? TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE BABY! PLEASE!”

Kyuhyun shouts.

“KYU, PLEASE HELP ME! I CAN’T WALK!”

Kyuhyun heard his ex-wife shouting and she sounds like she’s crying. Kyuhyun starts running to the direction wherein he heard his wife’s voice.

“KYU!!!”

Sungmin shouts again. Her voice has a mixture of pain and fear. Kyuhyun continues to run until he found Sungmin sitting on the ground, crying. He quickly runs towards her.

“Baby, what happen?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin didn’t speak. She can’t speak because of pain. She just points her shaky finger on her right ankle. Kyuhyun stares at his ex-wife’s right ankle and gently holds it. He sits on the ground and puts Sungmin’s right ankle on his lap, elevating it.

“What happen?”

Kyuhyun asks as he carefully removes Sungmin’s pink running shoes. He stares on his ex-wife’s swollen ankle.

“You have sprain”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin who is still crying.

“I twist my ankle. I trip on the large roots of the trees. I didn’t notice it because I was running. I’m scared of the thunder”

Sungmin told her ex-husband, crying like a kid.

“See what happen when you don’t listen to me?”

Kyuhyun starts to get mad at his ex-wife for being a hard headed girl that causes her to hurt herself. Kyuhyun removes his backpack and gets his first aid kit inside.

“Now who is stupid between the two of us? You or I? I already told you not to go back because you might get lost and we need to keep going because the rain will…”

Kyuhyun stops talking when the rain starts pouring hard.

“See? It’s already pouring and we’re stuck here because of you. Your hard headedness will bring trouble to us!”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin reprimanding her.

“What the ing hell do you think you’re doing? Why do you need to go back there?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“I need to look for my necklace”

Sungmin told her ex-husband, still crying like a kid.

“Damn it Lee Sungmin! Why do you need to risk your life because of a ing stupid thing huh?”

Kyuhyun asks angrily as he starts treating Sungmin’s injured ankle.

“It’s not a stupid necklace. It means so much to me. You just don’t care!”

“IF I DON’T CARE THEN I WILL NOT GO BACK AND LOOK FOR YOU!”

Kyuhyun shouts angrily. Sungmin keeps on crying as the rain starts to pour slowly. Kyuhyun continues treating her injured ankle.

“We’re going to put ice on it later when we arrive at the cabin”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before carefully wrapping an elastic bandage on Sungmin’s toes to her mid calf.

“It will help the swelling subside”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. He opens his backpack and gets a leather jacket and helps Sungmin to wear it to at least protect her from cold since the rain keeps on pouring, but no longer hard and they are already soaking wet.

“Just wear it, so you won’t catch cold. We need to keep going now before the rain starts pouring hard again”

“But my necklace…I need it Kyu”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, still crying. Kyuhyun clean the mess and packs up. He stares stands up and carries his wife like a bride. He walks towards the big tree and puts down Sungmin very carefully under it to shelter her from the rain. Kyuhyun gets his flashlight inside his backpack.

“Stay here. I’ll be the one who will look for it”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He didn’t wait for her to talk or to protest. Kyuhyun quickly turns his back away and starts running to look for Sungmin’s necklace. It’s getting late already and it’s getting dark as well. Kyuhyun use his flashlight to guide his way as he starts walking slowly for him to be able to find Sungmin’s necklace.

“Where is it? I need to find it soon. I don’t want to leave Minnie there for a long time. She’s all alone and it’s getting dark and it seems that the rain will pour hard again any minute”

Kyuhyun told his self, trying his best to find the necklace. He stops walking when he steps on something. Kyuhyun slowly raises his left foot and saw something on the ground. He sits on his heels and picks it up.

“Is this the necklace that she’s talking about?”

Kyuhyun asks his self as he observes the necklace very carefully, lighting it with his flashlight. Kyuhyun’s eyes suddenly grow big upon recognizing the two rings.

“Hey, this is our wedding rings. Now I know why she’s crying like that and why it’s very precious to her. I shouldn’t get mad at her awhile ago”

Kyuhyun told his self, feeling guilty.

“It’s good that I found it. I need to go back to her soon”

Kyuhyun told his self. He quickly stands up and starts running again to go back to the place wherein he leaves his ex-wife. Sungmin is still sitting under the big tree, waiting for Kyuhyun’s return. She’s still crying like a kid.

“Baby”

Kyuhyun run towards Sungmin.

“I found it”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin as he gives back the necklace to her. He wipes his ex-wife’s tears away.

“Stop crying now baby. I already found your necklace. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t get mad at you. I’m really sorry”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin’s eyes widened when Kyuhyun kisses her lips. She wants to kiss back, but she controls herself from doing it because for her it’s still a sin to kiss her ex-husband though she already knows that Kyuhyun and Joo-hyun are already over. Kyuhyun pulls back when Sungmin didn’t respond to his kiss.

“So—sorry”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“It’s ok. I’m sorry Kyu. I’m sorry because of my hard headedness we end up having a trouble. You’re not supposed to follow me. You supposed to leave me behind”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, controlling her tears from falling.

“I can’t do that baby. I can’t leave you behind”

“But…”

Kyuhyun presses a finger on Sungmin’s lips to stop her from talking.

“Shhhh…”

Kyuhyun places his hand on Sungmin’s cheek and gently caresses it.

“I love you and I can’t leave you behind. I know that you hate me and you still don’t want me in your life. But baby, I’m still your husband even though we’re already divorce. I still love you and I can’t lie and I can never deny it. Please let me take care of you and protect you even though there are no more us. Please let me love you even though we’re no longer together”

Kyuhyun told as tears fall down from his eyes. Sungmin wipes Kyuhyun’s tears away.

“We need to go now. They are waiting and we don’t want to worry them, right?”

Sungmin told her ex-husband. Kyuhyun nods and wipes his tears away.

“I’m sure that our babies are already waiting for us”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“We need to keep going before the rain pours hard again”

Kyuhyun stands up.

“I’m just going to carry you”

“But you’re also injured”

“I’m fine”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife, giving her a reassuring smile. Kyuhyun wears his backpack in front of him and carefully carries Sungmin at his back. Sungmin heard Kyuhyun whimpers a little.

“Is it really ok? I can walk”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun who shook his head.

“No. I won’t let you walk. You badly hurt your right ankle and it will be painful for you and hard for you if you will walk. I can bear the pain as long as you won’t get hurt. I told you that I’m fine. Nothing to worry about”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife.

“You hold on tightly ok”

“Ok”

Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun tightly as he starts walking, bearing the pain on his right knee.

“Baby…”

“Hmmm?”

Sungmin rests her chin on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“Can I ask something?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin nods her head.

“What is it?”

“It’s about what I told you yesterday night”

“What about it?”

Sungmin asks.

“You’re not yet answering me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Do I need to answer you right now?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“No. I’m not pressuring you. Is it ok if I tell you to think about it? I mean I can wait for you to forgive me and accept me in your life again. I will not pressure you to answer me right now. We’re going to have family vacation for three days before we part our ways. Well, I don’t want to let you go again and I don’t want to go back in Seoul without you and Deullie. I want to go back in Seoul with you and with our babies. So, I’m going to give you those three days for you to be able to think about it. I’m going to accept whatever your decision is. If you really can’t accept me in your life again, I just hope that you can forgive me”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin, making her heart ache because she can feel Kyuhyun’s sadness at that moment and she can feel her ex-husband’s love for her and Kyuhyun’s determination to bring their family back together again and for him to bring her back in his life again.

“Ok. I’m going to think about it”

Sungmin whispers.

“Thank you”

Kyuhyun sighs in relief because he knows that there’s still a little hope remaining for him to win his ex-wife’s heart again and for him to bring back their family together again and Kyuhyun will not give up. He will never give up and this time, he will make it right and he will no longer hurt Sungmin like what he did before. Kyuhyun will never let go of that little hope no matter what happen even though it’s still a long long way for him. But he will learn to walk just like what Jongwoon told him. He will keep on walking because he believes and he will keep the faith that Sungmin will wait for him at the end of the road.

~~~

Jongwoon and Ryeowook are walking back and forth at the living room while Kibum and Sandeul are sitting on the sofa, drinking hot chocolates to keep them warm.

“Uncle, the rain is pouring hard again. Where are mommy and daddy? They supposed to be here right now”

Sandeul told Jongwoon.

“I think we should look for them now uncle. Deullie and I are already worried. I can’t even enjoy drinking my hot chocolate thinking about mommy and daddy. They supposed to arrive now”

Kibum told Jongwoon who looks at him and Sandeul worriedly.

“Ok. If they will not arrive after five minutes, I’m going out and look for them”

Jongwoon told the twins.

“But Jongwoonie, it’s very dark outside and it’s raining. Why are you leaving us here? What if we also lose you? I don’t know what to do”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, feeling nervous and worried about Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Jongwoon presses Sungmin’s number on his mobile phone, trying to contact her again.

“Still out of coverage area. I really need to go now”

Jongwoon told them. He looks at Ryeowook who is staring at him worriedly.

“Just stay here with the twins. I promise that I will go back with—“

Jongwoon stops talking when they heard a knock on the door. He and Ryeowook quickly run towards the door and open it, revealing Kyuhyun and Sungmin who are soaking wet. Ryeowook quickly returns at the living room and get the towels that she prepares for Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

“MOMMY! DADDY!”

The twins shout. They put down their cups of hot chocolate on the center table and run towards their parents. But Kyuhyun and Sungmin move away from them before the twins can hug them.

“Don’t hug us babies. We’re soaking wet”

Kyuhyun told them. He helps Sungmin to sit on the sofa and wraps the towel around her to protect her from cold.

“What happen to mommy?”

Sandeul asks as they stare at Sungmin’s right ankle.

“She hurts her ankle. Minor sprain. I’ll treat it later after she takes a bath”

Kyuhyun informs his kids. The twins run towards the center table and get their cups of hot chocolate. Sandeul give his cup of hot chocolate to Sungmin while Kibum give his to Kyuhyun.

“THANK YOU BABIES”

Sungmin and Kyuhyun shout in unison.

“I’ll prepare a warm bath for both of you before I cook dinner”

Ryeowook told them before running upstairs.

“Are you ok?”

Jongwoon asks Sungmin.

“I am. Kyu takes care of me”

Sungmin happily told her best friend before drinking the hot chocolate carefully. Jongwoon gets the other towel and wraps it around Kyuhyun.

“It’s good that both of you are safe. You made us worry”

Jongwoon told Kyuhyun.

“Sorry about that. Where is Minnie’s room? Let’s take her there now, so she can already take a bath and I can already treat her sprain”

Kyuhyun told Jongwoon.

“Ok. We will accompany you and Minnie now to your shared room”

“SHARED ROOM?”

Sungmin shouts upon hearing her best friend.

“What do you mean by shared room?”

Sungmin asks.

“You and daddy will stay in one room”

Kibum answers his mother.

“Why?”

Sungmin asks.

“Well, that’s because there are only three bedrooms here. Deullie and I are roommates while Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie will stay in one room and of course you and daddy will also stay in one room”

Kibum explains happily. Sungmin looks at Jongwoon who gives her a peace sign.

“And you agree on it?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods.

“Wookie and I agree on it. We don’t have any choice Minnie because we lose to the twins. We play rock paper and scissor awhile ago. Wookie and I lose to them, so they have the right to choose the setup”

Jongwoon explains. But actually, it’s really part of their plan. They really plan to make Kyuhyun and Sungmin to stay in one room with one bed. It’s for them to talk properly and be close again to each other. Everything is well plan by them, except Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s being roommate. It’s another story. The twins are the one who plan it. They purposely ask Jongwoon and Ryeowook to play rock paper and scissor to them and whoever win the game will decide about the two remaining bedrooms. Luckily, the twins win and that’s why they decided that Jongwoon and Ryeowook should also share a room. They did that to give them a chance to have their romantic moments together.

“The twins want to be roommates. There’s nothing wrong with that. Let it be”

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

“Why mommy? You and daddy are husband and wife before. So, it’s ok if you share a room. You used to sleep together before”

Sandeul told Sungmin. Kyuhyun claps his hands to catch their attention.

“Ok. No more arguments. We need to take mommy now inside the room for her to take a bath, so she won’t catch fever and colds”

Kyuhyun told them. He puts down his cup of hot chocolate on the center table. Jongwoon gets the cup of hot chocolate from Sungmin’s hands and puts it down on the center table. Kyuhyun carries Sungmin in a bridal style, making the twins giggle happily because they think that it’s very sweet. He goes upstairs with Jongwoon and the twins.

“Warm bath is ready. Minnie Unnie can take a bath now. I’ll just go down to cook”

Ryeowook told them.

“I’ll help you”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook as they leave the room together. Kyuhyun places Sungmin on the bed.

“Kids…”

Sungmin calls her kids’ attention. Kibum and Sandeul happily join her on the bed.

“Your dad and I will sleep on one bed?”

Sungmin asks. The twins nod happily.

“This is the only room that has one bed because this is the master’s bedroom. The other two rooms have two beds inside”

Kibum told his mother.

“Maybe your dad and I can stay there”

Sungmin told the twins.

“NO!”

Kibum and Sandeul shout in unison.

“Do you expect Uncle Jongwoon and Aunt Wookie to sleep on one bed or I and Deullie to sleep on one bed? You and daddy are the only people who can sleep on one bed because you guys are husband and wife”

“But…”

“No more arguments Lee Sungmin!”

Kibum told his mother.

“Key and I will go down now. You take a bath and have a rest. We will see you later”

Sandeul told Sungmin. They hug their mother and their father before going out of the room, leaving Kyuhyun and Sungmin alone.

“I’ll just sleep on the sofa. You take a bath now. I’ll prepare your clothes and the first aid kit”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He carries Sungmin like a bride and went inside the bathroom. Kyuhyun carefully puts her down.

“Are you gonna be ok?”

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Sungmin nods her head. Kyuhyun nods and walk towards the door.

“Just call me if you need something”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He locks the door and was about to go out when Sungmin calls his attention.

“Kyu…”

Kyuhyun stares at his ex-wife.

“Yes?”

Kyuhyun asks curiously.

“Don’t lock the door. Just close it, but don’t lock it…so it will be easy for you to go inside when I ask for your help and beside…we’re husband and wife before. It’s ok”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun, feeling a bit shy.

“Ok. Call me if you need something”

“Ok. Thank you”

Sungmin smiles at her ex-husband. Kyuhyun smiles at her and went out of the bathroom, closing the door gently.

~~~

Sungmin went out of the bathroom after taking a bath. She’s wearing her bathrobe. She saw her ex-husband sitting on the sofa while playing on his PSP like a kid.

“It’s been twelve years and he still loves playing games. He’s a doctor, a very busy doctor. But always have time to play…so cute”

Sungmin told herself as she stares at Kyuhyun happily. Kyuhyun starts cursing his enemies, especially if he’s already being defeated by them. Kyuhyun stops playing when he notices someone standing outside the bathroom. Kyuhyun raises his head and looks at Sungmin who is staring at him.

“Playing games?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun nods happily.

“But I got defeated. It’s ok. I can have my revenge later”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin while smiling like a kid. He turns off his PSP and stands up.

“I’m done taking a bath now. You can go inside the bathroom and take a bath too. You might catch cold and fever”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she tries to walk. Kyuhyun quickly runs towards her and carries her like a bride.

“You’re not supposed to force yourself to walk”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin before carefully putting her down on the bed.

“I already prepare your clothes”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin stares on her clothes that were on top of the bed.

“I’ll treat your sprain first before I take a bath”

Kyuhyun puts pillow on Sungmin’s back to make her feel comfortable as she sits on the bed. He sits on the bed and was about to hold Sungmin’s right ankle when she suddenly speaks.

“Kyu, I’m not wearing you know…well…just a bathrobe. I’m not wearing something underneath it”

Sungmin informs Kyuhyun, feeling a bit shy. She wants to inform Kyuhyun that she’s not wearing bra and at that moment, but she doesn’t know how she will say it. Kyuhyun stares at her blankly.

“I’m just saying, so you won’t raise my ankle that high because you might see my…you know”

“Ok. I get it”

Kyuhyun gently touches Sungmin’s injured ankle and carefully places it on his lap. Sungmin watches Kyuhyun as he starts treating her right ankle. Sungmin was staring at her ex-husband, falling in love with his gorgeousness and with his sweetness. She suddenly remembers the day wherein they first met. Sungmin thinks that Kyuhyun is a playboy and really dangerous. She really can’t imagine that she will fall in love to a playboy and aggressive doctor. She also remembers the day that she gives herself to Kyuhyun and the day of their wedding and the day that she finally gives birth to Kibum and Sandeul. Sungmin remembers how Kyuhyun take care of her in the ICU and whenever she’s getting sick and not feeling well. Sungmin just keep on reminiscing their happy moments together that she didn’t notice that Kyuhyun is already done with her right ankle.

“Baby, is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks upon noticing his ex-wife staring at him. Sungmin suddenly blush when she realizes that Kyuhyun is already done treating her sprain and that he catches her staring at him while smiling a little. Sungmin shook her head.

“I just remember something. Thanks a lot Kyu”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun as she starts blushing shyly.

“No worries”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin. He stands up and gets two pillows and places it at Sungmin’s feet. He carefully raises Sungmin’s injured ankle and puts it down on top of the two pillows.

“Just elevate it like this. I’ll just take a bath before I prepare your dinner. I already told Jongwoon, Wookie and the kids to already eat their dinner because they are already hungry. You will drink a pain killer after you eat dinner”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“Ah…can we eat together?”

Sungmin asks. Kyuhyun smiles and nods his head.

“I’ll just bring our dinner here, so you won’t go down anymore and put pressure on your injured ankle. I’ll take a bath first. You can dress now. Call me if you need something. I love you”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin whose eyes suddenly grow when Kyuhyun gives her a sweet peck on her lips. Kyuhyun smiles and went inside the bathroom happily. Sungmin holds her wonderful lips.

“I miss those lips. He’s becoming a dangerous doctor again”

Sungmin whispers.

“But…that’s how I fall in love with him. He’s making me fall in love with him even more. He’s making me weak again. He’s really aggressive…but really sweet”

Sungmin told herself as she smiles while thinking about her ex-husband who is making her heart melt and making her fall in love with him even more.

~~~

It was already ten in the evening when Jongwoon goes down to drink a cold glass of water at the kitchen. He was shock to see her best friend inside. Sungmin is already wearing her nightgown.

“I thought you’re already asleep”

Jongwoon told Sungmin. He gets a tall glass inside the cabinet and opens the refrigerator. He gets the cold pitcher inside and looks at Sungmin.

“Aren’t you supposed to sleep now? You need to take a rest you know. Why are you still up?”

Jongwoon asks before carefully pouring cold water in his glass. Jongwoon returns the cold pitcher inside the refrigerator before walking towards Sungmin while holding his cold glass of water.

“I just drink my milk. I’m about to go at the twins’ room. Kyu is there. I told him that I will drink my milk in the kitchen”

Sungmin told her best friend who is already drinking water.

“I’m going to show Key and Deullie this…”

Sungmin happily shows her scrapbook to her best friend. Jongwoon puts the empty glass on the wooden table.

“So, you and Kyu are getting along with each other well?”

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin just smiles at him.

“Why are we talking about me and Kyu? Aren’t we supposed to talk about you?”

Sungmin asks.

“Me?”

Jongwoon points his finger on his self.

“Why me?”

Jongwoon asks curiously. Sungmin smiles at him and puts down her scrapbook on top of the wooden table. She moves closer to Jongwoon and wraps her arms around his neck.

“When do you plan to confess your feelings for Wookie? When do you plan to tell her that you love her?”

Sungmin asks her best friend. Jongwoon stares at her sadly and shook his head.

“That thing will never happen anymore Minnie”

“Why?”

Sungmin asks worriedly while staring at Jongwoon’s sad expression.

“Wookie doesn’t deserve a man like me. I’m a coward. I already told her to stop waiting for me and to stop loving me”

Jongwoon told his best friend sadly.

“But why? You love her. Why do you need to do this? She’s your happiness”

Sungmin told her best friend. Jongwoon nods.

“I know, but…”

Sungmin presses a finger on Jongwoon’s soft pinkish lips to stop him from talking.

“Was it because of me? Are you worrying about me and the kids again and that’s why you’re giving up your own happiness again?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods his head.

“I knew it”

Sungmin removes her finger from her best friend’s soft pinkish lips. She starts brushing her fingers on Jongwoon’s gorgeous face.

“Jongwoonie…”

Sungmin stares at her best friend sadly. She stops brushing her fingers on Jongwoon’s gorgeous face and brushes her nose gently on his.

“Stop hurting yourself. I don’t want you to give up your own happiness again because of me”

“But Minnie…”

“I know that your promise me that you will never get married unless I’m ok. Jongwoonie…”

Sungmin puts her hand on Jongwoon’s cheek and starts caressing it gently.

“I’m fine now. It’s ok to get married and be with the girl you love and be happy with her. You don’t need to think about me and the kids. We’re going to be fine. I will be fine. You see. I’m old enough. I’m already on my thirties and I’m no longer the Sungmin who is such a very crybaby girl way back when we’re still kids. I’m no longer that baby girl you always defend and you will always take care and protect. I’m a mom now and I’m already a big girl”

Sungmin told Jongwoon.

“So?”

Jongwoon asks while raising an eyebrow.

“So…”

Sungmin smiles at Jongwoon.

“I want you to get married now before it’s too late. You’re an ahjusshi now ok. It’s time for you to settle down with the woman you love and that is Wookie. It’s time for you to make your own family now, so mommy and daddy will no longer worry about you and think that you will grow old alone”

Sungmin told Jongwoon, making him laugh.

“You see. You already give up your happiness before because of me”

Sungmin shook her head.

“And I don’t want that to happen again. I won’t allow you to give up your happiness again just because of me. You don’t need to worry anymore. I’m going to be fine and the kids will be fine. It’s time for you to be happy with Wookie. You need to tell her how much you love her. Please don’t keep her waiting. Don’t hold back your feeling for her. I want you to be happy. You’re such a great man Jongwoonie and you deserve a girl who will love you and that girl is Wookie. Don’t ever let her go or else you’ll regret it for sure”

Sungmin told Jongwoon. She holds her best friend’s hands and smiles at him.

“I want you to be happy. I’ll be happy if you will be happy. Your happiness is my happiness as well. You don’t need to take care of me now. You need to take care of her and not me because I have Kyu as well as Key and Deullie. I also want to see you with your wife and future kids, arasso?”

Sungmin told Jongwoon happily.

“Good night. I love you Jongwoon”

“I love you too baby bunny”

“Follow what I told you. It’s now your turn to follow me”

Sungmin stuck her tongue out. She gets her scrapbook on top of the table and gently pats Jongwoon’s cheek.

“I’ll just carry you, so you won’t have a hard time”

“Oh! Thank you”

Jongwoon smiles and carries Sungmin like a bride and leaves the kitchen to drop his best friend at the twins’ room wherein Kyuhyun and the kids are already waiting for her.

~~~

Sungmin was happily sitting on the bed with the twins and Kyuhyun. The twins are happily scanning their mother’s scrapbook.

“So, you and daddy first met at the Seoul National Medical Center?”

Kibum asks as he stares at the pictures of Sungmin and Kyuhyun at Seoul National Medical Center. Kyuhyun and Sungmin nod happily.

“Jongwoon becomes my patient. I fall in love at first sight to your mom when I saw her at the lobby of the hospital. I didn’t know that she is related to Jongwoon. I was shock to see her in Jongwoon’s room when I made my rounds. I thought they are a couple, but I was wrong because they are best of friends”

Kyuhyun told the twins. Sandeul looks at Kyuhyun.

“Daddy…”

“Yes honey?”

Kyuhyun asks his son who is staring at him curiously.

“Is love at first sight really true? I mean, was it real?”

Sandeul asks. Kyuhyun nods.

“I believe at love at first sight. It’s real honey. You see. I have a fiancée when I met your mom. I was about to get married. Your mom is my wedding planner”

“What happen?”

Sandeul asks as he starts giggling because he’s very excited to hear his parents’ love story. Kibum also giggles happily and stares at Kyuhyun, waiting for him to continue his story about his and Sungmin’s love story.

“I fall in love with your mom and its love at first sight. I try getting her to become my girl through my aggressiveness”

Kyuhyun told the twins.

“And you fall for it?”

Kibum asks his mother. Sungmin nods shyly.

“Oh! Now, I understand why Deullie and I arrive in your tummy out of wedlock”

Kibum told his mother and continues scanning Sungmin’s scrapbook.

“Let me clear this to you babies. Your mom and I both love each other when we make love ok. I call off the wedding with my fiancée and I break up with her before I made love with your mom. She doesn’t know any of it because I didn’t tell her. I choose it that way because I want to give her a surprise wedding”

Kyuhyun explains.

“Oh! That was so sweet”

Sandeul told his father as he and Kibum both giggle happily.

“Ok. It’s time for bed”

Sungmin told the twins before they can ask about the divorce.

“But daddy is not yet done telling us your love story”

Kibum told his mother.

“It’s already late at night. You and Deullie should sleep now”

Sungmin told Kibum, insisting that he and Sandeul should already sleep.

“Your mom is right. Both of you need to sleep now. Let’s just continue the story tomorrow morning”

Kyuhyun told the twins.

“OK!”

Kibum and Sandeul shout in unison. They quickly kiss their parents before lying on the bed.

“Sing a lullaby now”

Kibum demanded. Kyuhyun and Sungmin nod their head before lying beside their kids. Sungmin beside Sandeul while Kyuhyun beside Kibum. They start singing a lullaby to put their kids to sleep. It was the lullaby that they used to sing in duet to put Kibum and Sandeul to sleep when they were still babies.

~~~

Kyuhyun went inside his shared room with Sungmin after talking to his secretary over the phone. He just informs his secretary that his wedding has already been cancelled because he and Joo-hyun are already over and that he will go back to work as soon as he arrives in Seoul next week.

“Baby, are you sleeping now?”

Kyuhyun asks his wife. Sungmin didn’t answer. Kyuhyun walks towards her to check her. Sungmin was lying on the bed and the thick blanket was wrapped tightly over her and she looks pale and she’s trembling.

“Baby…”

Kyuhyun touches Sungmin’s forehead.

“OMO!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened because Sungmin is burning.

“You’re burning”

Kyuhyun quickly went inside the bathroom to get his first aid kit inside the medicine cabinet. He also gets his pill box inside. He quickly returns inside the room and sits on the bed. Kyuhyun get the ear thermometer inside his first aid kit to check Sungmin’s temperature and it’s really high.

“You have fever. This is bad”

Kyuhyun gets his stethoscope and listen to Sungmin’s heart beat.

“Kyu, I’m feeling so cold and weak”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun while gritting her teeth. Kyuhyun stares at his ex-wife worriedly.

“Did you take your vitamins for your anemia?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“I’m no longer drinking it”

“WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU TO STOP DRINKING IT? AISH!”

Kyuhyun shouts with worried voice. Kyuhyun stands up and leaves their room. He goes down to get a glass of water in the kitchen. He quickly returns with not so cold water. He puts the glass on top of the bedside table and opens his backpack. He gets a bag of medicine with syringes and other medical equipments. He goes back on the bed and sits beside Sungmin.

“You’re so pale. You’re not supposed to stop drinking your iron supplements because you’re anemic and it’s serious ok. I’m going to inject an iron supplement on you. You need it right now”

Kyuhyun informs Sungmin. She didn’t answer. She just nods her head. Kyuhyun gets one vial of iron dextran and puts it in the syringe.

“I’m going to inject now”

Kyuhyun informs his wife. He carefully injects it on Sungmin’s vein. He throws the empty vial of iron dextran and the used syringe in the trash bin. He helps Sungmin to drink her medicine for her fever.

“Just take a rest. I’ll just go down to get an ice bag”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“No”

Sungmin whispers. She slowly opens her eyes and holds Kyuhyun’s hand.

“Stay. Don’t leave me. Please stay beside me”

Sungmin told her ex-husband. Kyuhyun clean the mess and puts his things on top of the bedside table before lying beside Sungmin.

“Is your right ankle aching?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Kyu, I’m cold”

Sungmin whispers. Kyuhyun moves closer to her and hugs her tight to warm her. He can feel that Sungmin is really trembling.

“Please stay beside me”

Sungmin hugs Kyuhyun.

“Don’t leave me”

Sungmin whispers.

“I won’t. I promise to stay beside you until you wake up”

Kyuhyun told his ex-wife. Sungmin buries her beautiful face on Kyuhyun’s chest as tears start falling from her eyes.

“OMO! Why are you crying?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling worried about Sungmin.

“Kyu…”

Sungmin starts to speak in a soft voice.

“It’s been twelve years…I miss you so much. It’s been twelve years since I sleep all by myself, without you by my side and it’s really hard. It feels so hurt to go on with my everyday life without you. Please don’t leave me again…just stay”

Sungmin told Kyuhyun before she falls asleep. Kyuhyun stares at his wife sadly. He wipes the tears on Sungmin’s eyes, avoiding waking her.

“I’m sorry baby…”

Kyuhyun starts brushing his fingers gently on Sungmin’s beautiful and pale face.

“I’m sorry because I made it hard for you. I’m very sorry. But please stop crying now because I’m already here. I won’t leave you like what I did before and I won’t hurt you like I did before. I promise to love you and make it right this time, so your tears won’t fall anymore because of me”

Kyuhyun told his sleeping ex-wife.

“Don’t cry anymore and be well soon because I’m really worried about you. You’re still a baby you know. Your immune system is still weak like before. You easily got sick. But I’m here to take care of you and I won’t stop taking care of you. Please give me another chance and this time, I’ll do it right”

Kyuhyun softly kisses Sungmin’s forehead.

“You sleep tight and take a lot of rest for you to get well soon. Don’t worry too much”

Kyuhyun hugs Sungmin tightly.

“I promise to stay by your side until you wake up and hoping to stay forever…I hope we will be like this forever…peaceful and not hating each other”

Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun whispers. He softly kisses Sungmin’s wonderful lips and watches her on her sleep, making sure that his ex-wife is fine and will be alright when she wakes up in the morning.