Chapter 11

Happy Together

Cho Kibum’s first day of journey in Rochester, New York as Cho Sandeul…

 

“So, I’m going to leave you now. Are you sure that you’re going to be fine?”

Sun Woo asks Kibum who nods his head.

“Of course I am. Thank you”

Kibum told Sun Woo, speaking in Korean.

“Before we part our ways, I just want to remind you something. Deullie speaks in English and not in Korean”

Sun Woo told Kibum who nods his head while roaming his eyes around the airport, looking for his mom.

“Are you listening to me?”

Sun Woo asks as he notices Kibum looking around.

“Yes I am. Just go on…keep talking”

Kibum told Sun Woo who just sighs.

“If you need a help or you’re in trouble, just give me a call ok”

Sun Woo told Kibum who nods at him.

“Ok”

Kibum told his twin brother's best friend. He was shock when Sun Woo hugs him.

“Good luck brat! Just give me a call. See you around”

“Ok. Thank you”

Kibum and Sun Woo smile at each other. Sun Woo pats Kibum’s shoulder before running towards his driver, leaving Kibum alone.

“How come umma is not yet here?”

Kibum asks as he frowns. He really hates waiting.

“Maybe she’s already on her way”

Kibum told his self. He sighs and just sits on the bench while waiting for his mother. He opens his backpack and gets his PSP inside.

“I’ll just play while waiting for umma to arrive, so I won’t get bored”

Kibum told his self. He closes his backpack and starts playing his PSP happily while waiting for his mother to fetch him.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Jongwoon parks his Ferrari F12berlinetta at the parking lot of Greater Rochester International Airport. He quickly went out of his car because he’s already late on fetching Sandeul because he needs to attend an important meeting first before going at the airport and fetch Sandeul.

“I hope he’s still inside and didn’t go home by his self”

Jongwoon told his self as he runs inside the airport. He was worried that Sandeul might think that nobody will fetch him and end up going home alone. Jongwoon keeps on running inside, looking for Sandeul. He stops running and sighs in relief upon seeing him sitting on the bench.

“It’s good that he didn’t decide to go home by his se—“

Jongwoon stops talking. He stares at Sandeul. He blinks his eyes for several times and even pinches his self just to make sure that he’s not dreaming.

“I’m not dreaming. Yeah, it’s not a dream”

Jongwoon told his self as he stares at Sandeul. He feels a bit suspicious about him because Sandeul is playing PSP. As far as Jongwoon is concern, he never saw Sandeul playing PSP and he doesn’t own a PSP because Sandeul doesn’t have any interest about those things. He’s not the type of boy who loves to play games because he loves reading books. He always brings books with him and not a PSP.

“I smell something fishy here”

Jongwoon whispers. He slowly walks towards Sandeul who is happily and busy playing his PSP. Jongwoon stands in front of him and coughs softly to catch Sandeul’s attention, but he just ignores him. Jongwoon raises an eyebrow because Sandeul never ignores people, especially him and Sungmin.

“Hi Deullie. I’m sorry if you wait so long for me to arrive and fetch you”

Jongwoon speaks, but “Sandeul” keeps on ignoring him as if he didn’t hear anything. Jongwoon stares at “Sandeul” who keeps on playing happily.

“You deserve that you ing !”

Jongwoon was shock to hear “Sandeul” speaking in Korean and not only that, he was also shock to hear him speaking cuss words.

“Since when did he learn to speak cuss words? This boy is not Deullie…he is…”

Jongwoon thought as his heart starts beating fast. He is sure that the boy sitting in front of him while happily playing his PSP is not Cho Sandeul. He’s no other than Cho Kibum. But Jongwoon feels confused on how it happens. How come Sandeul becomes Kibum? Jongwoon was thinking about it and keeps on convincing his self that he’s just hallucinating because it can’t happen unless the twins accidentally meet in their Summer Camp, but it’s still impossible. Kibum stops playing when he notices someone standing in front of him. He pauses the game and raises his head to look at the person. His eyes widened when he saw Jongwoon standing in front of him, staring at him with suspicious glare that makes his heart jumps.

“Hi Uncle Jongwoon”

Kibum greets Jongwoon happily. He quickly stands up and kisses Jongwoon’s lips, making him gets more suspicious because Sandeul never kiss him. He only hugs him. Jongwoon stares at Kibum who is standing in front of him, smiling brightly. He lowers his self to have the same level to him. Kibum was shock when Jongwoon holds his gorgeous face between his hands and stares at him closely, observing him.

“He looks like Minnie and he resembles Kyu….of course Deullie looks like Minnie and Kyu because they are his parents, but Key also looks the same just like Deullie…pabo Jongwoon! Of course they look exactly the same because they are identical twins. But identical twins also have differences, right?”

Jongwoon thought. He stares at Kibum very carefully and that’s the time he notices that he actually looks manly and not feminine and gently like Sandeul.

“You’re not Deullie…you’re Key and I need to prove that. For the meantime, I’ll play your disguising game first”

Jongwoon thought as he smiles at Kibum. Of course he’s happy to see Kibum after twelve long years that he’s away from them. He’s happy because Sungmin will finally be with her other twin. But Jongwoon also feels worried because he can’t understand what on earth is Kibum doing in New York and where on earth is Sandeul. He wants to find out and he wants to confirm if his guess is right that the twins really met in their Summer Camp and decided to switch places.

“Maybe…it’s possible…well, I’ll find it out soon”

Jongwoon thought.

“Uncle Jongwoon, why are you staring at me like that? Is there something wrong on my face?”

Kibum asks nervously, speaking in Korean. Jongwoon shook his head and gently pats Kibum’s head.

“I just miss you Deullie. That’s all and I’ve notice that you’ve got yourself a new haircut”

Jongwoon told Kibum while smiling at him. He’s also speaking in Korean as he talks to Kibum. Of course he doesn’t want Kibum to know that he already has an idea that he’s not really Sandeul.

“Ah, Baro was the one who cut it. How do I look? Does my new haircut suits me?”

Kibum asks happily. Jongwoon smiles inwardly.

“Baro cuts your hair? Are you sure about that? Hmmmm…since when did you allow your best friend to touch your hair? Don’t be too obvious Key”

Jongwoon thought happily.

“Where is umma?”

Kibum asks, looking for his mother. He was really excited to see her. Kibum wants to hug his mother and talk to her the whole day. But of course he’s feeling a bit nervous because Sungmin might find out that he’s not really Sandeul, but Kibum and he’s afraid that Sungmin might get mad at him and Sandeul for switching places.

“Minnie is in New York right now because there’s a wedding expo that she needs to attend. I just don’t know what time she will go home. She asks me to fetch you and I want to apologize for fetching you really late because I need to attend an important meeting first before I go here”

Jongwoon explains his self.

“It’s ok uncle. I understand even though I really hate waiting”

Kibum told Jongwoon. He gets his backpack and opens it. Kibum returns his PSP inside before closing his backpack. He wears it and stares at Jongwoon happily.

“Are we going now uncle? Can we eat our lunch first before we go home? I’m already hungry”

Kibum told Jongwoon in a very demanding tone. Jongwoon nods his head and holds Kibum’s luggage.

“Ok. Let’s go now. Where do you want to eat?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum shook his head as they start walking.

“It’s up to you uncle. I’m not familiar here in Rochester since it’s my fi—“

Kibum stops talking when he realizes what he’s saying. He gulps nervously and looks at Jongwoon nervously, hoping that he won’t catch him or else his and Sandeul’s plan will surely fail.

“Pabo Key! What the hell are you doing? You have to be careful about the things that you’re saying or else they will catch you. You’re the one who is going to ruin the plan because you’re not being careful of all the things that you’re saying. Aish! From now on, you need to watch your words, arasso?”

Kibum reprimands his self. He sighs in relief when Jongwoon smiles at him.

“Let’s just eat at Char Steak and Lounge since it’s your favorite restaurant”

Jongwoon told Kibum. But actually, it’s not really Sandeul’s favorite restaurant. Jongwoon only say that to catch Kibum.

“That’s great uncle. I really love the food there. I’m seriously going to eat a lot since I’m really hungry and it’s my favorite restaurant”

Kibum told Jongwoon happily.

“Ok. You can eat as much as you want. It’s my treat”

Jongwoon happily told Kibum who jumps happily.

“Yehey! That’s what I like about you Uncle Jongwoon. You really love spoiling me”

“Of course”

Jongwoon smiles brightly and happily ruffles Kibum’s hair as they went out of the airport.

~~~

*CHAR STEAK AND LOUNGE*

 

Jongwoon and Kibum are happily eating their lunch at Char Steak and Lounge. Jongwoon was enjoying his day with Kibum even though he really talks so mature as if he has same age with Jongwoon.

“So, how’s your summer camp in Sydney? Did you enjoy it?”

Jongwoon asks before stuffing his mouth with grilled steak. He purposely asked about it because he’s thinking that Kibum might have a slip of a tongue and would tell him about him and Sandeul meeting in Sydney.

“Well…”

Kibum takes a sip on his mango shake. He wipes his mouth with his table napkin before speaking.

“I really had a great time in my summer camp. It’s really great and I met some friends from the other school and I have a lot fun with them”

Kibum told Jongwoon, talking about Sandeul and Sun Woo.

“That’s great and I’m really happy that you’ve got yourself new friends. What else happen to you during the camp?”

Jongwoon asks Kibum, encouraging him to talk some more.

“My team won the first place because we solved the puzzle just before the last day of the camp”

Kibum told Jongwoon proudly as he smirks. Jongwoon stares at Kibum who is smirking at him. Sandeul doesn’t know how to smirk and the boy in front of him looks like Kyuhyun when he smirks.

“This boy is definitely Key. Even though I really don’t know Key’s attitude, I have a strong feeling that he’s not Deullie. He’s Key because of the way he acts. Deullie is not like that. He doesn’t know how to smirk because he only knows how to pout like his mother”

Jongwoon told his self as he stares at Kibum happily.

“Well, that’s because I and Sande—“

Kibum stops talking before he can say his twin brother’s name in front of Jongwoon.

“And who?”

Jongwoon asks, giving Kibum a suspicious glare. Kibum’s heart starts beating fast while thinking of a good reason to get out of it before Jongwoon can ask a lot of question that will lead him to say the truth about him and Sandeul switching places in order to be with their other parents and bring them back together. Jongwoon can sense Kibum’s fear because he can see it in his doe eyes.

“Did they give you and your teammate an award for being the first team to finish the puzzle?”

Jongwoon asks. Of course he doesn’t want to grill Kibum that much. He doesn’t want Kibum to get scared of him and he needs to pretend that he doesn’t know anything about Kibum’s real identity because he wants him to admit it his self that he’s not Sandeul, but Kibum and he wants to hear from Kibum’s mouth the truth as to how he and Sandeul met and why do they need to switch places though he already have an idea about it. He just wants Kibum to speak up the truth and give him a good reason before he helps them to bring their parents back together again.

“Oh yes uncle. They give us medal and a certificate. I’m going to show it to umma later. Do you think she’ll like it?”

Kibum asks. Jongwoon nods happily.

“Yes Deullie. I’m sure that Minnie will be very proud of you and she will be very happy about it”

“Of course uncle because I’m such a genius”

Kibum told Jongwoon proudly. Jongwoon nods happily. Of course Sandeul is a smart boy just like his mother and father and since Kibum is his twin brother, it is already given that Kibum is also a smart boy.

“Uncle”

“Hmmm?”

“Can I ask for a simple favor from you?”

Kibum asks sadly. Jongwoon nods as he feels worried because of seeing Kibum’s sad face.

“What is it?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Is it ok if we go at umma’s wedding expo today? I just can’t wait to see her. You see. I really miss umma and I just want to hug her so tight. Is it ok if you drive me there?”

Kibum asks sadly. Jongwoon can feel Kibum’s sadness. Of course Kibum misses his mother so much and it’s normal for him to get excited to see her and meet her since he grows up without seeing Sungmin and he’s been away from her for twelve long years. Jongwoon is sure that Sungmin will be very happy to see her other twin, if she will recognize him as Kibum and not Sandeul.

“Of course sweetheart”

Jongwoon told Kibum while smiling at him.

“But before we go there, is it ok if you come with me first?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Where are we going uncle?”

Kibum asks curiously.

“We’re going at Kim Aviation first because I need to check an airplane. It’s under construction you know and I need to get something in my office”

“Are you going to tour me around there?”

Kibum asks, feeling excited. Jongwoon nods happily at him.

“Well, if that’s what you want then we’re going to tour around the Kim Aviation and I can even give you a tour inside my Airplane 101 if you want”

Jongwoon told Kibum happily. Kibum nods his head like a kid.

“Wow! That was very cool uncle. Of course I want you to tour me inside your Airplane 101. It will be very interesting and I know that I’m going to learn a lot about airplanes because you’re going to teach me about them, right?”

“Of course because I’m expert in that field. You’re going to have a lesson about airplanes with me later”

Kibum claps his hands because he really feels excited about it and he is sure that he’s going to have fun with Jongwoon as he stays in New York.

“You need to finish eating your lunch now, so we can already leave. We have a lot of things to do today. But you need to promise me something first”

“Ok. What is it uncle?”

Kibum asks while smiling.

“You need to enjoy your day today and the upcoming days. Can you promise me that?”

“I promise Uncle Jongwoon”

Kibum told Jongwoon happily. Jongwoon smiles at him. He really wants Kibum to enjoy his stay in New York though he’s not really sure for how long does he and Sandeul plan to switch places. But still, Jongwoon wants Kibum to feel that he and Sungmin love him like the way they love Sandeul. He wants Kibum to feel at home and enjoy each and every moment that he’s with them, especially with his mother and of course his stay in New York.

“That’s good. Finish your lunch now”

Jongwoon told Kibum happily as he ruffles his head. Kibum nods at him with a bright smile on his lips.

“I think I’m going to have fun here in New York and I’m really going to enjoy my stay here because Uncle Jongwoon is such a nice person and I know that umma is also a nice person. I just can’t wait to see her. I’m really going to hug her tight later”

Kibum told his self happily as he continues eating his lunch while thinking about his first meeting with his mother later.

~~~

*KIM AVIATION, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK*

 

Jongwoon went at Kim Aviation in New York City with Kibum to tour him around and to confirm if he’s really Kibum and not Sandeul.

“Wow! Your aviation company is really big. This is totally daebak!”

Kibum told Jongwoon in amazement as he hold into his hand while they are walking happily inside the Kim Aviation.

“You’re really ing damn so rich Uncle Jongwoon. Deu—“

Kibum suddenly coughs to stop his self from saying his twin brother’s name.

“What I mean is, you’re really so rich Uncle Jongwoon and your wife in the future is really lucky because she will live a Princess life for sure”

Kibum told Jongwoon.

“But sadly I don’t have any plan to get married”

Jongwoon told Kibum whose eyes suddenly grow big.

“But why? It’s hard to grow old alone”

Kibum told Jongwoon who nods his head.

“I know, but I already lost the girl that I love most”

“Huh? What happen to her? Is she already married or what?”

Kibum asks sadly. He’s sad for Jongwoon because he’s a broken hearted man and he’s also sad because he and Sandeul will surely have a hard time setting him up in a blind date with Ryeowook since Jongwoon doesn’t have any plan to get married and it only means that, he doesn’t want to fall in love anymore and to open his heart to other girl.

“Well…”

Jongwoon’s eyes starts getting teary and Kibum can feel his great sadness just by staring at his eyes.

“Let’s just say that destiny plays with us and that’s the reason why we didn’t end up together. I don’t know where she is right now and maybe she already has a husband now and her own family as well”

“You don’t have any communication with her?”

Kibum asks. Jongwoon shook his head as an answer.

“The last time that we saw each other is during the time that I say goodbye to her and from them on, we didn’t have any communication at all. She even resigns as a flight attendant in our airline company. It’s been twelve years and she’s still the girl that I love and no one can ever replace her in my heart”

Jongwoon told Kibum.

“Even if I set you up in a blind date?”

Kibum asks Jongwoon, making him laugh. Jongwoon pats Kibum’s head happily.

“You’re still young to do that and where on earth are you going to look for a girl who will marry a busy, weird and very serious thirty six years old man like me?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum smiles at him.

“I know someone and I’m sure that you’re going to like her. I’m also sure that she’s better than your past girlfriend”

“Correction Deullie, the girl that I’m talking about is not my girlfriend. We didn’t become a couple and I actually don’t know if she loves me as well”

Jongwoon explains. Kibum nods his head.

“But still I’m going to set you up in a blind date with the girl that I’m talking about”

“And who is that girl?”

Jongwoon asks curiously, hoping that Kibum will tell him that it’s Ryeowook. He really wants hear Kibum telling him that his Aunt Ryeowook is still single and he still have a chance to be with her. But for Jongwoon, it’s very impossible because it’s been twelve years since he and Ryeowook last saw each other. Of course Ryeowook already found a man for him and he didn’t have the chance to confess his love for her and he didn’t even tell her to wait for him. Ryeowook has the right to love and marry other man because they are not a couple and Jongwoon is not actually sure if Ryeowook love him too.

“It will be a secret uncle. You’ll know her someday. So, is that a yes?”

Kibum asks curiously. Jongwoon looks at him.

“I’ll think about it ok”

“But uncle, just yes…please”

Kibum begs. Jongwoon thinks for the meantime while staring at Kibum who is flashing his puppy eyes.

“I’ll think about it. I’m a very busy man and I don’t have time for that”

“Ok. But don’t expect me to stop nagging about it every day”

“Ok. If that’s what you want then go ahead. I’m not the one who is going to get tired of nagging around”

“If I were you, I’ll say yes and I swear uncle. You’re not going to regret it. Trust me”

Kibum told Jongwoon with a bright smile.

“We will see”

Jongwoon told Kibum as they keep on walking.

“See that airplane over there?”

Jongwoon asks Kibum as he points at the airplane that was under construction. Kibum nods his head while looking at it.

“Let’s go inside. I’ll tour you around”

“Ok”

Jongwoon walks towards the airplane that was under construction with Kibum.

“Good afternoon Captain Kim”

One of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers greets Jongwoon happily.

“Good afternoon Engineer Yang. I like you to meet my adorable and very gorgeous nephew, Cho Sandeul. He’s Minnie’s son”

Jongwoon introduces Kibum to Engineer Yang.

“Can we go inside? I’ll just tour him around”

“Of course Captain”

Jongwoon smiles at Engineer Yang. He gently pats his shoulder before going inside the airplane with Kibum.

“Uncle”

“Hmmm?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum let go of Jongwoon’s hand as he starts walking happily inside the airplane.

“What happen to this airplane? Why is it under construction?”

Kibum asks curiously. He sits comfortably on one of the airplane seats.

“The airplane is currently experiencing a fuel filter clogging and oil system problems since this airplane haven’t been used for a long period of time. It also need some check-up if we need to replace something. You see. As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and Aviation Engineer, you must always check the health of an airplane to avoid accident. You must make sure that the airplane is in good condition before using it”

Jongwoon explains.

“I see. Tell me uncle Jongwoon, why is this airplane a bit small compare to the other airplanes here?”

Kibum asks.

“That’s because this airplane is owned by someone. This airplane is not used for flights, but for personal use”

Jongwoon told Kibum who nods his head.

“Let’s go out now. I’ll tour you inside one of the airplanes that we used for flights”

“Ok”

Kibum stands up and happily follows Jongwoon outside. They went inside one of the airplanes used by South Korea Airlines.

“This is the cockpit or flight deck. It’s the pilots’ area. The cockpit of an aircraft contains flight instruments on an instrument panel, and the controls that enable the pilot to fly the aircraft. A door separates the cockpit from the passenger compartment”

Jongwoon sits on one of the seats while Kibum sits on the other one.

“Cockpit windows may be equipped with a sun shield. Most cockpits have windows that can be opened when the aircraft is on the ground. All glass windows in large aircraft have an anti-reflective coating, and an internal heating element to melt ice. Smaller aircraft may be equipped with a transparent aircraft canopy”

“What is an aircraft canopy?”

Kibum asks curiously.

“Aircraft canopy is the transparent enclosure over the cockpit of some types of aircraft. The function of the canopy is to provide a weatherproof and reasonably quiet environment for the aircraft's occupants. The canopy will be as aerodynamically shaped as possible to minimize drag”

Jongwoon explains carefully. Kibum nods his head. He was enjoying having a basic lesson about aircrafts with Jongwoon.

“The right seat in the cockpit is the seat used by the co-pilot and the captain or the pilot in command sits in the left seat”

“So, I’m your co-pilot Captain Kim since I’m the one who is sitting on the right seat in the cockpit”

Kibum told Jongwoon happily. Jongwoon nods his head.

“Yes Captain Cho”

Jongwoon told Kibum happily. Kibum giggles happily upon hearing Jongwoon calling him ‘Captain Cho’.

“I suddenly want to become a pilot like you uncle”

Kibum told Jongwoon happily.

“I’ll teach you how to fly an airplane if you’re already at the right age”

“That was daebak! I can’t wait for that day to come. It will be very cool for sure”

Kibum told Jongwoon while giggling happily.

“You know Deullie? This airplane is called Airplane 101”

Jongwoon told Kibum. Actually, it was a lie. He just wants to catch Kibum because if he’s really Sandeul, he will not believe him. Sandeul knows the Airplane 101 because Jongwoon already show it to him. The real Airplane 101 is the first airplane that they check; the one that was under construction and Jongwoon already confirms that the boy who was with him is really not Sandeul because he’s not even reacting when Jongwoon told him about the airplane.

“Why Airplane 101?”

Kibum asks innocently.

“This is my airplane, right? I name it Airplane 101 because I can’t think of a good name. Daddy was the one who gives this to me. You forgot about it?”

Jongwoon asks, working on his acting skills. Kibum shook his head.

“Of course not uncle. I know that this is Airplane 101 and this is your favorite airplane”

Kibum told Jongwoon, playing safe. But of course Jongwoon already catch him because he didn’t even recognize the real Airplane 101 on the first place.

“Gotcha! I’m now sure that you’re not Deullie. You’re Key because Deullie knows how my Airplane 101 looks like and he knows why it is named Airplane 101. Now, I need to find out how you met your twin brother and what’s really the main reason why you need to switch places and where is Deullie staying right now. I just need you to confess to me. I won’t tell Minnie about it if she will not notice it. I’ll keep your secret first until you finally confess the truth”

Jongwoon thought while smiling brightly. He heard his mobile phone ringing. He gets it inside his pocket and smiles at he stares at the caller’s name.

“It’s your mom. Do you want to talk to her?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum shook his head.

“I want to see her and talk to her in person”

“Ok. I’ll answer her call first”

“Ok”

Jongwoon smiles. He stands up and went out of the cockpit to answer the call.

“Yes baby bunny? What can I do for you?”

Jongwoon answers the call happily. Sungmin smiles upon hearing her best friend’s voice.

“Hi Jongwoon, I just want to ask if you already fetch Deullie”

“Yes. He’s already with me. We’re here at Kim Aviation. I just need to get something in my office before we go there and see you”

“That will be great. Can I talk to him?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

“No”

“Why not?”

Sungmin asks worriedly.

“He told me that he wants to talk to you in person”

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

Sungmin asks again. Jongwoon shook his head.

“Relax Minnie. There’s nothing wrong. Your son just misses you so badly that’s why he really wants to see you soon and talk to you. We’re going there now ok”

“Ok. Drive safely. Tell him that I’ll be waiting for him here and that I love him”

“No problem”

Jongwoon hangs up. He returns his mobile phone inside his pocket before going inside the cockpit. He stares at Kibum who is already sitting at the pilot seat. He was playing, pretending that he’s the pilot of the airplane. Jongwoon smiles while watching Kibum plays happily on his own.

“He really looks adorable just like Deullie. I’m happy to see him after twelve years. He really acts like his father and he really talk and act so mature. If Deullie is with Kyu, I hope he will be fine there. Of course Kyu will take care of him and he wouldn’t let something bad happen to him, so I don’t need to worry. Now I’m wondering what Minnie will do if she finds out that the one who goes back here in New York is Key and not Deullie because he’s currently in Seoul as Key. Will Minnie find out that it’s actually Key and not Deullie when they finally meet each other later? But still, I’m happy to see Key and I’m happy that he will finally meet his mother after twelve years of growing and living without her by his side. I know that he really longs for Minnie and I’m happy that he will finally be with her even just for a short period of time”

Jongwoon told his self happily. Kibum stops playing when he feels someone standing beside him, watching him. He turns around and found Jongwoon staring at him with a smile on his lips.

“What did umma told you?”

Kibum asks curiously.

“She just calls to check on you. She wants to tell you that she loves you and she’s already waiting for you at the New York Trade Hall. Shall we go now?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum nods and happily jumps off of the pilot seat.

“Ok uncle. I’m ready to see umma now. I’m really excited because I really miss her…I miss her so badly and I just can’t wait to give her a sweet kiss and hug her tight”

Kibum told Jongwoon excitedly.

“Well then, let’s go inside my office now and get some important documents first before we go at New York Trade Hall to meet Minnie”

“Yes Captain Kim”

Kibum told Jongwoon happily as he salutes at him. Jongwoon laughs softly and happily pats Kibum’s cheek before going out of the airplane with him.

~~~

*NEW YORK TRADE HALL*

 

Jongwoon parks his Ferrari F12berlinetta at the parking lot of New York Trade Hall.

“We’re here”

Jongwoon happily told Kibum. He looks at him and notices fear in his eyes.

“Deullie, is there something wrong?”

Jongwoon asks worriedly. Kibum looks at Jongwoon.

“Well…”

Kibum gulps nervously.

“I’m just nervous”

Kibum told Jongwoon.

“Nervous? Why?”

Jongwoon asks, pretending that he doesn’t really know why Kibum is feeling nervous. Jongwoon knows that Kibum is nervous because it’s his first time meeting his mother. He knows that Kibum is thinking how his mother will react upon seeing him and if Jongwoon is right, he’s also thinking that Kibum is nervous because Sungmin might find out that he’s Kibum and not Sandeul. Jongwoon holds Kibum’s gorgeous face between his hands and smiles at him.

“Just hug her and kiss her. It will be fine. I know that your mom also misses you badly”

Jongwoon told Kibum, making him feel calm.

“You need to smile now or else Minnie will be worried for sure if she saw you like that. Your mom might think that something bad happen to you that’s why you look like that. You see. She can be paranoid sometimes”

Jongwoon told Kibum, making him laugh softly.

“Ok uncle. I’m going to smile like this”

Kibum flashes a bright smile, showing it to Jongwoon.

“That’s better. I’m sure that your mom will be happy to see you smiling like that. Let’s go inside now?”

“Ok”

Jongwoon smiles and happily ruffles Kibum’s hair. They went out the car. Jongwoon locks his car first before going out of the parking lot with Kibum who is holding his hand. They went inside the trade hall to look for Sungmin.

“There are a lot of people here”

“It’s because there’s a wedding expo here. Different wedding planners and designers are gathered have a presentation and to help those couples who are already planning to get married. I wonder where Minnie’s showroom here is. Don’t let go of my hand ok. I don’t want to lose you. Minnie will surely grill me alive if I lost you”

“Ok uncle”

Kibum holds Jongwoon’s hand tightly as they continue walking at the hallway, looking for Sungmin’s showroom.

“Your mom is a great wedding planner and a wedding designer as well. She’s always busy because she has a lot of client”

“But I want her to spend a lot of time with me”

Kibum told Jongwoon, acting like a brat.

“She will if you will insist”

Jongwoon told Kibum as he winks on him.

“JONGWOONIE! DEULLIE!”

Jongwoon and Kibum heard someone shouting. They look around and found Sungmin happily running on them.

“There she is. We finally found her or should I say Minnie finally found us”

Jongwoon told Kibum. He stares at him and notices his teary eyes as he stares at Sungmin who is happily running towards them just like a kid who saw her playmates.

“It’s umma and she’s really beautiful…very beautiful”

Kibum whispers. Sungmin quickly hugs his son. Kibum stay still and didn’t move a muscle. He feels so happy and really great feeling his mother’s warm arms around him. His tears start falling slowly from his eyes. He just can’t explain the happiness that he’s feeling on that moment. Kibum wants to scream and tell the whole world that he finally meet his mother and the happiness just keeps on flowing inside him while feeling his mother’s sweet embrace.

“I miss you so much honey. I’m glad that you’re back”

Sungmin told her son. She was so shock when she feels his son crying.

“Honey, what’s wrong?”

Sungmin cups Kibum’s gorgeous face, but Kibum quickly embraces her.

“I miss you so much umma. I’m so happy to see you and hug you like this. You don’t know how much I wanted to see you and how much I long for you. I feel so happy that I’m here, hugging you like this and feeling your warm arms around me. I love you umma. I love you so much”

Kibum told Sungmin in Korean. Well, Sungmin was surprised to hear her son speaking in Korean as in very fluent in Korean. She didn’t remember Sandeul speaking Korean with her and she knows that her Sandeul is not good in speaking Korean like her, that’s why she suddenly feels confused as to why Sandeul can perfectly speak Korean. She understands what her son told her…only a little. Sungmin looks at Jongwoon who just shook his head. Sungmin bend lower to have the same level with her son. She cups Kibum’s gorgeous face and looks at him.

“Why are you crying honey? Is there something wrong?”

Sungmin asks in English. She wipes her son’s tears away.

“Tell me what’s wrong. Did something bad happen to you during the camp or did Uncle Jongwoon did something to you?”

Sungmin asks her son who keeps on crying.

“Hey, I’m not doing anything to him ok. He just misses you so much, that’s why he’s being emotional”

Jongwoon told Sungmin who smiles at him.

“I’m just kidding my dear Captain Jongwoonie”

Sungmin told her best friend before focusing her attention back on her son who is still crying.

“Deullie honey, stop crying now ok. Mom is here now, so you don’t need to be sad because we’re together again. I know that you miss me so badly and I also feel the same. I keep on thinking about you every night before I go to sleep and every minute that you’re not here with me”

Sungmin told Kibum while wiping his tears away.

“Stop crying now ok. Mom will be sad if my honey won’t stop crying”

Sungmin told Kibum as she gently brushes her nose from his, making him smile.

“That’s better honey. I really love seeing you smiling”

Sungmin told her son with a bright smile on her lips. She notices her son’s new haircut.

“Oh! You’ve got a new haircut honey”

“Do you like it?”

Kibum asks in Korean. Sungmin nods her head weakly, still trying to figure out as to why her son needs to speak in Korean and where on earth he learns to speak Korean very fluently and with a nice accent.

“I love it so much honey, but I think you become manlier because of your new haircut. It’s really beautiful and it suits you. Who cuts your hair?”

Sungmin asks curiously, speaking in English.

“Baro”

“Baro?”

Sungmin asks with confusion in her voice because as far as she knows her son, Sandeul never allowed his best friend to touch his hair because Sun Woo loves to make Sandeul’s hair messy whenever he’s going to touch it and that’s the reason why Sandeul doesn’t allow him to lay a single finger on his hair.

“Yes umma. It’s Baro. He’s the one who cut my hair. He’s so great, right?”

Kibum told Sungmin before flashing a proud smile. Sungmin was shock because that’s not the way Sandeul smile and Sandeul never call her ‘Umma’. Sungmin holds her son’s gorgeous face between her hands and stares at him closely, observing him very carefully.

“Umma, what are you doing?”

Kibum asks.

“Honey, tell me the truth. Are you sick or what?”

Sungmin asks with a mixture of concern, worry and suspicion in her voice. Kibum shook his head.

“I’m not sick. I’m completely fine. Why?”

Kibum asks, feeling a bit nervous. Sungmin holds his forehead to check if he’s hot.

“You’re not even burning”

“That’s because I’m not sick. I’m telling you the truth. I’m completely fine”

“Then how come you’re speaking in Korean with a perfect accent and since when did you call me umma?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum suddenly freeze because he doesn’t know how to answer and what reason to give Sungmin, so she won’t get too suspicious about him or else she might find out about his and Sandeul’s plan.

“That’s because he has a jet lag”

Jongwoon told Sungmin, covering up for Kibum. Sungmin looks at her best friend.

“Jet lag?”

Sungmin asks blankly. Jongwoon smiles while nodding his head.

“Deullie just arrive today, so he probably has a jet lag. That’s why…well, just stating my opinion”

Jongwoon told Sungmin before laughing softly.

“Why are you so weird huh?”

Sungmin asks while shooting her best friend a weird glare.

“Minnie…”

Jongwoon sighs.

“Instead of being paranoid, why don’t you just tour your son around and show him your showroom?”

Jongwoon told Sungmin to divert his best friend’s attention into something, so she won’t catch Kibum who is already feeling a bit confused as to why Jongwoon is covering him up towards Sungmin.

“Does he already know that I’m not Deullie?”

Kibum asks his self nervously. He gulps nervously.

“Don’t be paranoid Cho Kibum. It’s really impossible for him to find out. Maybe he’s just really weird. Just be thankful that he’s like that or else your umma will catch you instantly”

Kibum told his self, feeling a bit relief.

“That’s a good idea Jongwoon. Of course I’m going to tour my son around and spend my time with him. Do you like that honey?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum nods his head happily.

“So if that’s the case, I’m going to leave you guys now”

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

“Why?”

Sungmin asks her best friend curiously.

“Are you not going to join us and eat dinner with us?”

Kibum asks sadly. Jongwoon nods.

“I’ll be conducting a three days seminar for pilot students. It will start tomorrow. So, I need to prepare a lot of things for the seminar and I also need to review the things that I’m going to teach them for that three days seminar”

Jongwoon told Kibum.

“Are you not going home in Rochester?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods his head as an answer.

“I’m going to stay in our house here in New York”

Jongwoon told his best friend.

“When are we going to see each other Uncle Jongwoon?”

Kibum asks sadly. Jongwoon smiles at him.

“Tomorrow. I’ll go home in Rochester tomorrow after the seminar. I’ll visit you tomorrow”

“Can you just drag me with you in that seminar? I also want to learn a lot about airplanes and I want to know how to become a good pilot”

Kibum told Jongwoon who happily ruffles his hair.

“Don’t worry Deullie. I’ll give you a special lesson for that. For the meantime, enjoy your day with your mom. I’ll just see you tomorrow ok?”

“Ok”

Jongwoon smiles brightly. Kibum hugs Jongwoon. Sungmin was shock when her son kisses Jongwoon’s lips.

“See you tomorrow uncle. Drive safely and good luck on that three days seminar. Fighting!”

Kibum cheers Jongwoon happily.

“Fighting!”

Jongwoon told Kibum happily.

“Hey, you forgot something”

“What is it uncle?”

“You forgot to give your mom a kiss”

Jongwoon whispers softly to Kibum.

“Oh yes! Thanks for reminding me uncle”

“No problem. I’ll go ahead. Enjoy your time together because I know how much you miss each other”

Jongwoon told Sungmin and Kibum who are smiling at him.

“Take care Jongwoon. Drive safely. See you tomorrow”

“I will. You and Deullie should take care as well and have fun together. I love you both”

Jongwoon told them happily. He salutes at them before leaving the venue. Sungmin stares at her son.

“Let’s go? I’ll show you my showroom”

Sungmin told her son happily. Kibum nods his head.

“Ok umma. I’m really excited to spend this day with you. I’m really happy that we’re together”

Kibum told Sungmin.

“Ah honey, can I asks for a simple favor?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum nods.

“Is it ok if you stop speaking in Korean? I mean, please speak in English because we always talk in English and you know that I’m not good in Korean. So please stop teasing me like this ok”

Sungmin told her son. Kibum nods his head.

“Ok. No problem umma”

Kibum told Sungmin in English.

“Now, that’s better. Ok. Let’s go now. I’ll introduce you to some of my clients”

“Umma, before we go to your showroom, I just need to do something first”

“What is it?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum smiles at her and gives her a sweet peck on her lips.

“I love you umma”

Kibum told his mother. Sungmin hugs her son and gives him a sweet peck on his lips as well.

“I love you too honey”

Sungmin told her son happily. She smiles at him.

“Let’s go now. After this, we’re going to have dinner together”

“That will be great”

Kibum smiles brightly and holds his mother’s hand as they start walking together towards Sungmin’s showroom.

~~~

*CHEF’S TABLE AT BROOKLYN FARE*

 

Kibum was having a peaceful dinner with his mother at Chef’s Table at Brooklyn fare. He’s enjoying each and every moment that he’s with Sungmin and he’s really happy being with her.

“Honey”

Sungmin calls her son’s attention. Kibum stares at her while chewing his food carefully. Sungmin smiles and gets her table napkin and wipes the side of her son’s lips.

“How’s your summer camp in Sydney? Did you enjoy it?”

Sungmin asks happily before taking a sip on her wine. Kibum nods happily. He quickly opens his backpack and gets his medal and his certificate and proudly shows it to his mother.

“Wow! You’re such a great kid and really adorable. I’m so proud of you honey”

Sungmin told her son happily while reading the certificate.

“Our team becomes the top one because I and my teammates solve the puzzle earlier…just before the camp is over”

Kibum told his mother with a proud smile. Sungmin looks at her son. She can’t understand why she can see her ex-husband on him. She is also confused as to why Sanduel is acting strange…strange because he acts like his father, especially the way he smiles and the way he smirks and the way he talks.

“Honey…”

“Yes umma?”

“Can I ask you something?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum answers Sungmin with a happy nod.

“Are you sure that you’re not sick?”

Sungmin asks worriedly. Kibum shook his head.

“Umma, how many times do I need to tell you that I’m completely fine and I’m not sick? Seriously, are you even listening to me whenever I’m going to explain?”

“Of course I’m listening honey”

“Then why do you keep on asking?”

Kibum asks. Sungmin was shock because of the way her son speaks to her. Sandeul never speak like that to her. Sandeul is very polite whenever he’s speaking to her and with other people. Sandeul never speak to a person older than him as if they have the same age.

“I’m sorry about that honey. I’m just worried ok. It’s just that you’re acting strange”

“Strange? What do you mean by strange?”

Kibum asks, feeling a bit nervous but still manages to act normal. Sungmin smiles and shook her head.

“Don’t mind me honey. I think I’m just tired because I’ve been busy lately”

“Are you ok umma?”

Kibum asks worriedly. Sungmin nods her head and smiles at her son.

“Yes honey. Don’t worry about me. So, tell me more about your camp. Did you find yourself a girlfriend there?”

Sungmin asks her son, teasing him.

“Girlfriend? Are you kidding umma? Why will I look for a girlfriend?”

Kibum shook his head and smirks. Sungmin’s doe eyes grow big as she stares at her son who really smirks like his father.

“For your information umma, I don’t need to look for a girlfriend because girls are the one who are haunting me because I’m such a gorgeous boy, rich and really genius. Girls will do everything just to be my girlfriend. They are all dying to please me and I’m always the ideal type of every girl out there”

Kibum told his mother proudly. Sungmin was actually surprise to hear her son because as far as she knows, Sandeul never wants to have a girlfriend because for him, Sungmin is his girlfriend and he wouldn’t exchange her to any other girls out there.

“Seriously, what is happening to my son? I really think that he’s being possessed by unknown creature. Why is he acting so strange? He’s not like that before. Oh my God! What will I do if my Deullie is really possessed by unknown creature? I need Jongwoonie’s help or maybe I should bring him to a doctor soon”

Sungmin told herself nervously. She’s really worried about her son because Sandeul is acting really strange and she can’t understand why. She wants to know what is happening to her son and she really thinks that Sandeul is being possessed by unknown creature.

“Maybe he steps on a dwarf’s house or hurt unknowingly hurt an unknown creature during his camp. Oh my goodness! I really need to find a good solution. Maybe I can ask Jongwoonie to dance in front of Deullie, so the unknown creature will leave his body soon”

Sungmin told herself while nodding her head.

“Honey…”

Sungmin holds her son’s hand. Kibum stares at her curiously.

“You’re going with me tomorrow. I need to bring you to a doctor”

“What for?”

Kibum asks, feeling confused.

“I just want to make sure that you’re really not sick or something”

Sungmin told Kibum with concern. Kibum frowns at her.

“Yah! I told you that I’m completely fine. Why don’t you want to believe me huh Umma? Aish! You’re such a hardheaded girl! But fine, if you want it that way then let’s go to a doctor tomorrow. You will see that I’m correct and you’re wrong”

Kibum told his mother, feeling irritated because Sungmin keeps on insisting that he’s sick and there’s something wrong with him.

“Honey, it’s not like that. I’m just worried about you and there’s nothing wrong if—“

“I appreciate your concern umma. Why don’t you just continue eating your dinner, so you will stop being a paranoid and stop thinking some weird things?”

Kibum told his mother.

“Ok honey. You finish your dinner now, so we can already go home”

“No problem”

Kibum takes a sip on his orange juice before continuing his dinner. Sungmin stares at him with worried face.

“Oh my goodness Kyu! What is happening to our son? I’m really worried about him. Where are you? I need you Kyu. I just don’t know what to do. Our Deullie is acting really strange. I don’t know what happen to him. Oh Kyu, where are you?”

Sungmin told herself sadly. She just takes a deep breath and continues her dinner quietly as she keeps on worrying about Sandeul who happens to be Kibum.

~~~

It was already eleven fifteen in the evening. Sungmin is sitting on her bed while staring at her ex-husbands picture. Tears are falling slowly from her eyes. She can’t understand why she suddenly feels sad and why she remembers her husband all of a sudden.

“I miss you Kyu…I really do”

Sungmin whispers as she slowly runs her fingers on Kyuhyun’s picture.

“But I don’t have the right to miss you because you’re no longer mine. I don’t have the right to feel this way because you and I are over, but….Kyu…where are you? I need you here beside me. I can’t understand what’s happening to our Deullie. He’s acting really strange and he’s not like that before. I’m really worried about him. Kyu, I need you…where are you? Please, I need you here beside me. I need you to give me strength and to tell me not to worry so much because our son is just fine and there’s nothing wrong with him. I need you to hug me, so all my worries will go away and so that I will feel calm”

Sungmin told her ex-husband’s picture as she cries.

“It’s still painful…really painful because I still love you and I still keep on longing for you and I just can’t move on Kyu…please go back now because Deullie and I really need you”

Sungmin whispers. She quickly wipes her tears away and puts Kyuhyun’s picture back inside the drawer when she heard someone knocking on the door.

“Umma, can I come in?”

Kibum asks while knocking softly. Sungmin compose herself before answering.

“Of course honey”

Sungmin told her son. Kibum smiles and opens the door of his mother’s room.

“Why are you still awake?”

Sungmin asks Kibum who closes the door gently.

“I can’t sleep. Can I sleep here with you?”

Kibum asks. Sungmin smiles at him and taps the empty space beside her.

“Of course honey, come here and let’s sleep now”

Sungmin told Kibum who happily runs towards the bed. He sits beside Sungmin and notices her sad face and her teary eyes. It seems that his mother just finish crying.

“Umma, did you just cry?”

Kibum asks sadly while brushing his fingers gently on his mother’s beautiful face. Sungmin holds her son’s hand and shook her head.

“I’m just tired honey that’s why my eyes are getting teary”

Sungmin lied.

“Don’t stress yourself too much. I’m worried about you”

Kibum told his mother with concern. Sungmin smiles to take her son’s worry away. She hugs Kibum.

“Don’t worry because I’m fine. You go to sleep now because it’s already late”

Sungmin told Kibum while his hair gently.

“Umma, can I ask something?”

Kibum asks as he stares at his mother. Sungmin nods as an answer.

“Why is Uncle Jongwoon still single? What happen to him and the girl that he loves?”

Kibum asks curiously. Sungmin gently caresses her son’s cheek.

“Your Uncle Jongwoon sacrifice his own love life just to be with us”

Sungmin told her son sadly.

“Why?”

Kibum asks curiously.

“He leaves the girl he loves most for us. You see. He loves me so much”

“But I thought you’re just best of friends?”

Kibum asks with confusion in his voice. Sungmin nods her head.

“Yes we are. Best friends also love each other just like you and Baro. You see. Baro’s love for you is just like your Uncle Jongwoon’s love for me. He will do anything just to see me happy and to make sure that I’ll be safe and I’ll be fine all the time. He leaves the girl he loves most to be with me here in New York, so someone will take care of me and watch over me and of course he also did that for you. It’s really painful when your dad and I end our marriage. Jongwoon is the one who gives me strength because I really don’t know what to do at that time. You’re still five months old when your dad and I got divorce and Jongwoon becomes my pillar of support. He never leaves me and he helps me to raise you. He becomes a father figure to you, so you wouldn’t feel sad growing up without a father”

Sungmin explains to her son, feeling really sad not just for her and for her twins, but also for Jongwoon who always sacrifice a lot just for her.

“Wow! Uncle Jongwoon is such a nice guy and really the best best friend ever”

Kibum told his mother, feeling so thankful for Jongwoon for taking care of Sungmin and for always there to support and give her strength.

“But why do you and appa need to divorce?”

Kibum asks sadly as he lay down on the bed because he’s already feeling sleepy.

“You’re still young to know and you will never understand even though I explain everything to you. Just keep in mind that I and your dad love you so much. He loves you so much even though he’s not here with you and even though you grow up without him. He loves you so much Deullie”

“I know because I can feel it through you. Umma…”

“Hmmm?”

Sungmin asks. Kibum yawns and slowly closes his eyes.

“Do I have a twin brother or maybe a sibling?”

Kibum asks. He wants to hear his mother telling him that he has a twin brother because Sungmin never told Sandeul that he actually has a twin brother.

“Why are you asking?”

Sungmin asks curiously as she starts her son’s hair gently, putting him to sleep.

“Nothing. I’m just wondering….if you and appa are…divorce then who is taking care…of…of…him now?”

Kibum told Sungmin before falling asleep. Sungmin stares at her son sadly.

“Key is the one who is taking care of him. Key is your twin brother. I’m sorry for not telling you about him because I just don’t know how I will explain to you why your dad and I need to get a divorce. You might not understand and I don’t want you to hate your dad and I don’t know how to explain to you why Key can’t live with us”

Sungmin told her son sadly as she wipes the tears that fall from her eyes.

“But I know that someday, you and Key will meet each other. If that day finally comes, don’t hate each other. You need to love each other ok”

Sungmin stares at her son, watching him sleep.

“Good night honey. Sleep tight. Your dad and I love you so much and of course Key also loves you. I hope that you and Key will understand someday why your dad and I need to get divorce. But please always remember that we love you and Key so much even though we both fail to give both of you a complete family”

Sungmin told her son, feeling sad.

“Let’s sleep now ok”

Sungmin smiles and softly kisses her son’s forehead before lying beside him.

“I love you honey”

Sungmin whispers. She wraps her arms around her son, hugging him. Sungmin closes her eyes and joins Kibum in dreamland.

~~~

Cho Sandeul’s first day of journey in Seoul, South Korea as Cho Kibum…

 

Kyuhyun parks his black Maybach Exelero outside the Incheon International Airport. He quickly went out of his car and runs inside the airport to look for his son.

“KEY!”

Kyuhyun shouts as he runs towards his son who is sitting quietly at the waiting area. Sandeul quickly stands up as he saw Kyuhyun running towards him.

“DAD!”

Sandeul shouts. He runs towards Kyuhyun and hugs him tight.

“It’s good to see you dad. I miss you so much”

Sandeul told his father as he starts to cry. He feels so happy seeing Kyuhyun and knowing that he can finally be with him. Kyuhyun didn’t notice his son speaking in English because he was shock to see him crying. Kyuhyun already prepares his self because he knows that Kibum will be throwing tantrum because of waiting. Kyuhyun is actually late because he has a Doctor’s Conference. He finishes it first before fetching his son at the airport. But Kyuhyun was surprised because instead of throwing tantrums, Kibum stays calm. He just hugs him tightly and cries.

“Honey, why are you crying? I’m sorry if I’m late. I just attended a Doctor’s Conference. Aigoo! Please stop crying”

Kyuhyun told his son. He cups Sandeul’s beautiful face and wipes his tears away.

“Why are you crying? Stop that honey. Appa is here. Please don’t cry anymore”

Kyuhyun told his son as he continues wiping the tears that keep on falling from his son’s cute eyes. Sandeul just can’t stop crying because he’s finally with his father. He longs for him for twelve years and he’s really happy that finally he is with Kyuhyun. He’s happy that he already meets him and he’s hugging him.

“Honey, is there something wrong? Why don’t you want to talk to me? Are you hurt? Tell Appa what’s wrong”

Kyuhyun told his son worriedly. Sandeul shook his head. He actually can’t understand Kyuhyun because he’s speaking in Korean and Sandeul is not good in speaking and understanding Korean since he grows up in New York and English is their language at home.

“Dad, please speak in English”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun who stares at him with a blank expression. He was shock to hear his son speaking perfectly in English.

“Excuse me?”

Kyuhyun asks blankly.

“Speak in English”

“Why?”

Kyuhyun asks as he starts speaking in English.

“Well…”

Sandeul sniffs as he wipes his tears away.

“I’m practicing how to speak in English because I met new friends and they are from New York and they can’t understand Korean language that much, that’s why”

Sandeul lied, covering his self up so Kyuhyun won’t be suspicious on him. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“That’s good. I’m happy that you’ve got yourself new friends”

Kyuhyun told his son while smiling. Sandeul sighs in relief because he manages to convince his father that he’s really practicing to speak English.

“Dad…”

Sandeul hugs Kyuhyun tightly.

“What does my brat baby wants?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul raises his head and looks at his father. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened when Sandeul pouts so cutely just like his ex-wife.

“I don’t want anything dad. I only want to hug you. Is that ok?”

Sandeul asks. Kyuhyun stares at him.

“Aigoo! Honey…can you do that again?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul stares at him blankly.

“The one that you did earlier. Can you do that again? Can you show me the way you pout?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul pouts cutely, granting his father’s request.

“OMO!”

Kyuhyun holds his son’s beautiful face and stares at him with wide eyes.

“Honey, tell me…are you sick?”

Kyuhyun asks because he just can’t believe that he’s seeing his son pouting. Kibum never pouts, he only smirk. Kibum doesn’t look feminine because he looks manly and he’s not gentle because he’s always proud.

“I’m not sick dad”

“Are you sure? If you’re not sick then you’re just being possessed by unknown creature, right?”

Kyuhyun asks worriedly.

“Oh my Minnie baby, why are you torturing me like this? Seriously, why is our Key acting just like you? He’s so gentle like you. He pouts just like you and he cries just like you. Why? Baby, if you really don’t want me to marry Joo-hyun then I’m not going to marry her…just tell me. Are you following me Minnie? What is happening to our Key?”

Kyuhyun told his self, feeling like a crazy boy. He doesn’t know if he’s just hallucinating or not.

“I’m not dreaming, right? I mean, you’re Key and not Deullie, right?”

Kyuhyun asks as he starts to feel suspicious towards his son. Sandeul gulps nervously.

“What are you talking about dad? It’s me, Key and who is Deullie?”

Sandeul asks, working on his acting skills to pretend and act like Kibum.

“Ah…well…”

Kyuhyun sighs and shook his head.

“Don’t mind me honey. I think I’m just tired and I also feel hungry. Let’s just go now and have lunch together”

“I love that dad. I’m also feeling hungry now”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun while flashing a bright smile and rubbing his tummy. Kyuhyun stares at him.

“He really acts like Minnie. But how will I know if he’s Deullie or not if I didn’t even see how Deullie grow up. Maybe I’m just tired because of work, that’s why I’m thinking impossible things or maybe because I just miss Minnie so badly again and that’s why I’m seeing her through our Key. Of course it’s normal that Key will resemble Minnie because she’s his mother”

Kyuhyun told his self, convincing his self that the one who is in front of him is not Sandeul, but Kibum. He’s thinking that it will be very impossible for him to be with his other son because Sandeul is living with Sungmin in New York.

“Dad…”

“Yes honey?”

Kyuhyun asks his son. Sandeul smiles at Kyuhyun.

“I love you”

Kyuhyun smiles at his son’s sudden sweetness.

“I love you too honey. Let’s go now and have our lunch”

Kyuhyun pats Sandeul’s head happily. He gets his son’s luggage and holds his hand as they start walking together, leaving the airport.

~~~

*THE PENINSULA, LOTTE HOTEL*

 

Kyuhyun stares at his son who is eating quietly. Sandeul is a quiet boy compare to Kibum who is really talkative and Sandeul just doesn’t know how to start a conversation with his father because he’s really shy towards him since it’s his first time seeing him and being with him.

“Honey, is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks his son who is really quiet. Sandeul looks at him and shook his head.

“Then why are you quiet? Are you not feeling well?”

Kyuhyun asks worriedly. Sandeul shook his head again. He notices his father’s worried face, that’s why he flashes a sweet smile, indicating that he’s fine and he’s not sick.

“I’m fine dad. It’s just that…I just don’t know what to say. I miss you so much. That’s all and I’m happy that we’re together”

Sandeul told his father.

“Dad”

“Hmmm?”

“Can I hug you?”

Sandeul asks with teary eyes. Kyuhyun smiles at him. He stands up and sits beside his son and hugs him tight.

“You don’t need to ask honey. I’m always willing to hug you like this. I miss you too. Do you want to go somewhere before we go home?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul thinks for the meantime because he’s not familiar with Seoul and he’s afraid to tell it to his father because Kyuhyun might get suspicious and find out that he’s Sandeul and not Kibum.

“Ah…dad, is it ok if we go home after lunch? Well, I’m just tired because of my flight and I want to take a rest. Is it ok if we just go out later at night?”

Sandeul asks his father. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I’m sorry honey, but we can’t go out tonight because we’re going to have dinner at Joo-hyun’s house. Her parents invite us”

Kyuhyun told his son. He prepares his self for a long argument because he’s sure that Kibum will rant about it and he will insist what he wants.

“Do we really need to go there dad?”

Sandeul asks, feeling sad. He doesn’t want to see his father’s new girl and he doesn’t want to see them together because it will just hurt him.

“Honey…”

Kyuhyun holds his son’s beautiful face between his hands and stares at his sad face.

“We need to go because it will be rude if we will cancel it because they are expecting us to come. They prepare that dinner for us and we just can’t cancel it”

Kyuhyun explains. Sandeul just nods his head sadly while controlling his tears from falling.

“Let’s just go home now dad. I’m really tired”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun.

“Honey, please…”

“I’m fine. I just want to take a rest”

“Ok. Finish your lunch now, so we can already go home for you to be able to take a rest”

Kyuhyun told his son. Sandeul shook his head.

“I’m already full”

Sandeul told his father, controlling his tears from falling.

“Key, don’t be like that”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul who just ignores him. Kyuhyun sighs.

“Arasso. I’ll just pay the bill and we’re already going home, so you can already take a rest”

Kyuhyun kisses his son’s forehead.

“I love you honey”

Kyuhyun told his son. Sandeul didn’t answer. He just stares at the window, feeling really sad. Kyuhyun stares at his son sadly before standing. He goes back to his seat and calls the waiter. He gives his credit card to him to pay their bills. The waiter bows at Kyuhyun before walking away. Kyuhyun takes a sip on his wine.

“Why is my son acting like his mother? Sungmin is like that whenever she’s mad at me or whenever she feels upset and sad. Seriously, what is happening? Am I just hallucinating or what? Why am I feeling as if he’s not Key, but Deullie? But how will I know? How will I know and how can I be sure of if he’s really my other twin? I mean…Deullie didn’t grow up with me and I never see him grow, so how will I know how he acts and his attitude?”

Kyuhyun thought, feeling confused.

“Minnie baby, where are you? I need you here by my side now. I don’t know what I’m going to do because our Key is acting really strange and I’m really worried about him. I don’t know what I’m going to do. Minnie, please go back to me. I really need you baby. Please tell me what to do and please…I need to hear you say that I should cancel my wedding with Joo-hyun. I swear baby, if you will come back in my arms, I’m really going to leave Joo-hyun. Please give me another chance. Let’s start all over again and give our twins a happy family…please baby…I still love you…I’m so sorry…I was wrong and I was really stupid. I love you Minnie. I really do”

Kyuhyun thought, feeling sad. The waiter goes back and returns his credit card to him. Kyuhyun signs the receipt and gives it back to the waiter. The waiter gives him the other copy of the receipt. He bows at Kyuhyun before walking away.

“Key…”

Kyuhyun calls his son’s attention. Sandeul looks at his father sadly.

“Let’s go now honey, so you can already take a rest”

Kyuhyun told his son. Sandeul just nods his head without saying anything. He wears his backpack and stands up. Kyuhyun stands as well and follows his son who already leaves the venue.

~~~

*CHO KYUHYUN’S MANSION, SEOUL SOUTH KOREA*

 

Kyuhyun and Sandeul finally arrive at home. Sandeul was amaze to see his father’s house. It’s bigger than his mother’s house.

“Wow! Dad’s house is bigger than mom’s. Well, that’s because it’s just the two of us and some maids and of course nanny”

Sandeul whispers softly.

“Dad, why is your house so big?”

Sandeul asks Kyuhyun as he roams his eyes around. Kyuhyun looks at his son who looks like a kid who is being amazed on something.

“What are you talking about honey?”

Kyuhyun asks with a mixture of suspicion and confusion in his voice. He feels confused as to why Kibum needs to ask such question when he himself enjoys living in a very big and luxurious house and because of that sudden question, Kyuhyun already suspecting that the boy in front of him is not really Kibum, but Sandeul. But he still doubts about his instinct because he still can’t prove it and he didn’t know how Sungmin raise their son Sandeul. He didn’t even have any idea on how Sandeul grow as a person. He’s just concluding base on the way his son act strangely as if it’s his first time in Seoul and first time meeting him.

“Ah…”

Sandeul gulps nervously as he stares at his father who is giving him a suspicious glare.

“What I mean is, where is Aunt Wookie?”

Sandeul asks as he smiles weakly, trying to change the topic while hoping that Kyuhyun won’t catch him.

“Your Aunt Wookie won’t sleep here today because she has work. But she will be back here tomorrow, so don’t worry about her”

“I see”

Sandeul smiles at his father. But his smile immediately vanished from his lips when he saw a Siberian Husky running towards him.

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Sandeul shouts and quickly stands on the sofa. Kyuhyun was shock to see his son afraid of his own dog.

“Dad, get that dog away from me. I’m scared”

Sandeul told his father with teary eyes. He was staring at the dog with fear in his eyes. Kyuhyun stares at his son curiously and all he can think on that moment is no other than his ex-wife, Lee Sungmin. He suddenly remembers that Sungmin is afraid of dogs and her eyes are also getting teary whenever she will encounter a dog and that’s the reason why Kyuhyun send spike in Melbourne with his parents because Sungmin is really afraid of him.

“Honey, this is Magnus. He’s your dog. Why are you afraid of him?”

Kyuhyun told his son. Sandeul stares at Kyuhyun with teary eyes.

“My…my…my do…dog?”

Sandeul asks his father with trembling voice. He’s really feeling nervous at that time because he’s really afraid of dogs and Kibum didn’t even tell him that he owns one in their father’s house. Kyuhyun nods blankly, feeling really confused because Kibum is really acting very strange.

“MOOOOMMMM HELP ME!!! AHHHHHHH!!!”

Sandeul shouts so loud when Magnus starts barking at him.

“Dad, he’s going to eat me. I’m really scared. Please take him away from me”

Sandeul told his father as he starts to cry like a five year old kid.

“Minnie…seriously why is our son acting like you? What is wrong with our Key? He’s really strange”

Kyuhyun whispers worriedly. He quickly walks towards Sandeul who is already crying hard. Kyuhyun hugs him tight and carries him on his arms. He can still carry his son even though he’s already twelve years old. Kyuhyun starts rubbing Sandeul’s back to stop him from crying.

“Shhhh, honey, stop crying. Appa is here”

Kyuhyun whispers to his son. That’s the thing that he always tells Kibum when he was still a kid. Whenever Kibum will cry, Kyuhyun will carry him on his arms and will say those words to him while rubbing his back gently and singing a song for him. Sandeul suddenly stops crying when he heard his father’s beautiful and very warm voice.

“Dad…”

“Shhhh, don’t be scared. I’m here. Stop crying now”

Kyuhyun whispers before continuing the song that he’s singing for his son. Sandeul wipes his tears as he listens to his father’s voice that calms him. Kyuhyun hugs his son tightly, taking away his fear. He closes his eyes as he remembers how he used to sing a lullaby for Kibum and Sandeul when they are still babies. He suddenly remembers those happy moments that he spend with Sungmin and with their twins and because of that, Kyuhyun’s tears suddenly falls from his eyes because of sadness and longing for Sandeul and Sungmin.

“Dad, are you crying?”

Sandeul asks when he heard a soft sob.

“I’m sorry honey. I just remember something that makes me feels really emotional and I just can’t stop my tears from falling”

Kyuhyun told his son sadly. Sandeul stares at him. He wipes his father’s tears away and flashes a sweet smile on him.

“Don’t be sad dad because I’m here to take your sadness away. I love you dad, so don’t be sad now”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun with a sweet smile on his lips. Kyuhyun stares at his son and he just can’t help but to remember and think about Sungmin again because of the way Sandeul smile…he smiles like Sungmin and he’s too gentle just like Sungmin. Kyuhyun manages to smile even though he’s really feeling sad and he just can’t understand why he’s feeling like that all of a sudden.

“I love you too honey”

Kyuhyun kisses his son’s forehead.

“Let’s go up now. You sleep first in your room while I study inside my laboratory. You take a rest because I know that you’re tired because of your flight. I’ll just wake you up if you already need to prepare yourself for our dinner with Joo-hyun and he’s parents”

“Do we really need to go?”

Kyuhyun answers Sandeul with a nod, making his son feel sad. But of course he can’t argue with his father because Sungmin never taught him to argue with someone, especially to those people who are older than him and Jongwoon keeps on reminding him not to throw argument with Sungmin, so he also needs to do the same thing with Kyuhyun.

“Can I just go with you in your laboratory?”

Sandeul asks.

“But I thought you’re going to take a rest?”

“I want to go with you and learn a lot about the field of medicine. Is that ok?”

Sandeul asks. Kyuhyun gently brushes his nose from his and flashes a smile.

“Of course honey. You’re going to have a lesson with me today and you must help me with my experiment, is that ok with you?”

Kyuhyun asks happily. Sandeul nods his head, feeling really excited to spend his time studying with Kyuhyun. He really loves studying and he really waits for the day that he will be studying with his father and that’s why he’s really happy because it finally came true.

“Well then, let’s go inside my laboratory now and study together and do experiments together”

“That will be great dad”

Sandeul smiles brightly as he hugs his father. Kyuhyun smiles and pats his son’s head gently before going up the stairs while carrying his son on his arms.

~~~

It was already seven in the evening, but Sandeul is still not dressing up for his and his father’s dinner with Joo-hyun and her parents.

“I really don’t want to go. I don’t want to see dad’s other girl and I don’t want to see them together. What will I do? I need to stop this whole dinner thing. We must not attend that dinner with that girl and her parents. Dad can’t be with her”

Sandeul told his self as he starts walking back and forth inside his twin brother’s room, thinking of a plan.

“What now Cho Sandeul? You need to think before it’s too late”

Sandeul told his self. He suddenly stops walking when he finally thinks of a good plan so Kyuhyun will cancel their dinner with Joo-hyun. Sandeul quickly sits on Kibum’s bed and gets his wallet inside the drawer. He stares at his mother’s picture with him.

“I’m really sorry mom. But I really need to do this. I know that it’s bad to lie, but I really need to do it. I hope you can understand that I’m going to do this so dad will cancel that dinner with his girl. You see. I need to separate them, so you and dad can be together again. I’m really sorry. I love you mom and I miss you”

Sandeul told the picture. He kisses it and immediately puts it back inside the drawer.

“You can do it Cho Sandeul! It’s for your mom and dad and of course for your and Key’s plan”

Sandeul told his self. He nods his head and takes a long deep breath before lying down on Kibum’s bed. He curls like a cocoon and holds his tummy.

“Just act perfectly to convince your dad ok”

Sandeul told his self. He takes a deep breath again before shouting.

“DAAAAADDDDD!!!”

Sandeul shouts so loud.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Kyuhyun was staring at the mirror, checking his self for the last time when he heard a loud voice.

“DAAADDDDDD!!!”

Kyuhyun heard his son shouting and it seems that he’s in pain.

“That’s Key”

Kyuhyun quickly went out of the bathroom. He runs outside his room and saw his son’s nanny running nervously towards him.

“Sir…”

Kibum’s nanny takes a deep breath, catching some air.

“Where is Key? What happen to him?”

Kyuhyun asks nervously while staring at his son’s nanny who looks so nervous.

“Young master is inside his room. He was holding his tummy and it seems that he’s in pain”

“WHAT?”

Kyuhyun shouts nervously.

“Please call Joo-hyun and tell her that Key and I won’t be able to attend the dinner tonight because Key is sick”

“Yes Sir”

Kyuhyun runs towards his son’s room. He went inside and saw his son on bed, curling like a cocoon while holding his tummy. Kyuhyun runs towards him.

“Honey, tell me what’s wrong”

Kyuhyun told his son, feeling worried.

“Dad, my tummy is aching…it’s so painful”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun, almost crying.

“Ok. I’ll bring you at the hospital”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul who suddenly feels nervous. Sandeul shook his head nervously.

“I don’t want. I just want to stay here with you dad…please”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun and because of that, Kyuhyun feels that his son is just acting so they can’t attend the dinner with his fiancée and her parents.

“Cho Kibum! I hate liars! Stop acting because you can never fool me!”

Kyuhyun told his son angrily. Sandeul stares at Kyuhyun’s angry face.

“Get up and start dressing up because we’re going to leave now. Stop being a hard headed boy!”

“I don’t want”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun as he sits on the bed.

“KEY! YOU NEED TO LIS—“

Kyuhyun stops shouting when Sandeul finally cries.

“I said I don’t want. Why are you getting mad at me dad? I just don’t want us to have dinner with them because I don’t want to see you with her because it will only hurt me. I want my mom and not her. Dad, why don’t you look for mom? I want her to be with us? I don’t want you to be with your other girl. I only want mom for you…please dad…please look for mom…I want mom and I need mom”

Sandeul told his father while crying. Kyuhyun’s heart suddenly aches upon hearing his son and seeing him crying like that. Kyuhyun gently pulls his son closer to him. He hugs Sandeul tightly.

“I’m sorry honey, but I don’t know how I am going to bring your mom here. I’m sorry, please don’t cry now. We’re not going to attend the dinner now if that’s what you want”

Kyuhyun told his son as he cups Sandeul’s beautiful face. He wipes his son’s tears.

“Stop crying honey. Let’s just have our dinner together and let’s eat some ice cream”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul who suddenly flashes a smile.

“I want ice cream”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun who nods happily at him.

“He really acts like Minnie”

Kyuhyun told his self while smiling at his son.

“That’s why you need to change your clothes now, so we can already go and eat our dinner and then after that, we’re going to walk at the park while eating ice cream”

“Promise me that we’re not going to attend that dinner. I really don’t want”

“I promise. Let’s just have a date”

Sandeul smiles brightly and nods his head happily. He hugs Kyuhyun.

“I love you dad”

“I love you too honey. Go inside your walk in closet now and change your clothes”

“Ok”

Sandeul happily jumps off of the bed and quickly went inside Kibum’s walk-in closet to change his clothes. Kyuhyun gets his mobile phone inside his pocket and stares at his wallpaper.

“Our son is really acting strange. I’m confused because Key is not like that before. Now, I’m wondering if he’s really our Key because I have this feeling that he’s not Key, but Deullie. But how will I know? Deullie didn’t grow up with me. Maybe I’m just hallucinating because I miss you so badly and I’m longing for you and Deullie. I love you Minnie, are you willing to give me another chance?”

Kyuhyun told the picture of his ex-wife. His mobile phone suddenly rings; it was Joo-hyun. Kyuhyun rejects the call and quickly turns off his mobile phone to avoid her.

“I’m sorry Joo-hyun. My son is more important than you”

Kyuhyun whispers.

“Dad…”

Kyuhyun looks at his son who is already done preparing his self.

“I’m ready”

Sandeul told his father happily as he walks towards him. Kyuhyun stands up.

“Ok. Let’s go out now and have a happy dinner together and a happy walk at the park while eating ice cream”

“That will be great”

Sandeul holds Kyuhyun’s hand and starts pulling him.

“Let’s go now dad. I’m already hungry and I’m already excited”

“Ok. But before that…”

Kyuhyun gently flicks his son’s forehead.

“Where is my kiss?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul smiles brightly. He tip toed to reach his father’s lips and gives him a sweet peck.

“I love you dad”

“I love you too honey”

Kyuhyun told his son before giving him a piggy back ride.

“Ok. Let’s go now because I’m also hungry as well”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul as he leaves Kibum’s room with Sandeul who is enjoying having a piggy back ride.

~~~

Kyuhyun and Sandeul went at a park after dinner to eat ice cream while walking together. Kyuhyun quickly removes his coat when Sandeul sneezes.

“We should go home now because it’s getting cold. You might catch a cold out here”

Kyuhyun told his son as he wraps his coat on Sandeul to protect him from the cold weather. Sandeul shook his head.

“I still don’t want to go home dad. I still want us to walk and enjoy our time together because I really miss you and it’s the only time that you will spend a lot of time with me because you’re always busy”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun who suddenly feels guilty because what his son just told him is absolutely true. There are times wherein he can’t even spend just a minute with his son because of being busy with his work.

“That’s why you need to make it up with me dad, so I won’t feel sad”

Sandeul demanded. Kyuhyun nods at him.

“Ok. I will make it up to you whenever I’m not busy”

“No problem dad”

Sandeul smiles brightly like a kid. Kyuhyun gets the empty cup of ice cream away from his son’s grip. He throws it inside the trash bin as well as his empty cup of ice cream. He walks towards Sandeul and gives him a piggy back ride and starts walking slowly.

“Dad…”

“Hmmm?”

“Can I ask something?”

Sandeul asks before yawning.

“What is it honey?”

“Well…”

Sandeul rubs his eyes as he yawns again, feeling sleepy.

“Why did you and mom divorce?”

Sandeul asks sadly. Kyuhyun didn’t answer because he doesn’t know how to explain.

“Let me just change it. Dad, do I have a sibling? I’m just wondering who is taking care of mom right now if I’m with you. Do you still love mom?”

Sandeul asks as he slowly closes his eyes. Kyuhyun continues walking, feeling sad because of his son’s question.

“To tell you honestly honey, you have a twin brother and his name is Sandeul. He’s with your mom. I’m sorry because I’m the reason why you got separated from him and from your mom. I was wrong because I become stupid and I really hate myself because I hurt your mom so badly. I’m sorry for letting you grow in a broken family. I know that you’re really having a hard time and you’re really longing for your mom. But I don’t know how I am going to bring her back. I don’t know if I can still fix everything for us to become a family again. I love your mom. I love her so much and until now, I still love her and I keep on longing for her. But…”

Kyuhyun stops talking and walking when he notices that his son is already sleeping.

“You fall asleep so fast”

Kyuhyun told his son as he turns his head to look at him. He smiles upon seeing Sandeul sleeping peacefully like Sungmin.

“You really act so strange today. You act like your mom and you’re not like that before. What is happening to you Key? I’m really worried. Are you sure that you’re not sick or being possessed by something? You see. I just don’t know what to do…I really don’t know what to do ever since I push your mom away from my life and that’s the stupidest thing that I ever did in my life. I let the girl that I love most go and hurt her so badly. If only I can turn back the time, maybe, we’re still a happy family. I’m sorry honey. You and Deullie are the one who is suffering because of my stupidity. I’m really sorry”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul sadly.

“Let’s go home now. It’s really getting cold and so that you can already sleep properly. I love you honey. I love you, Deullie and your mom so much”

Kyuhyun whispers. He bows his head, controlling his tears from falling as he starts walking sadly towards his car.

~~~

Kyuhyun arrives at his house at twelve fifty in the morning. He went inside his son’s room, carrying Sandeul very carefully. Kyuhyun laid him on the bed, avoiding making noise that will wake his sleeping son. Kyuhyun removes Sandeul’s shoes and puts it down on the floor. He sits beside him and watches him sleep for the meantime.

“You really sleep like your mom. I wonder how your mom is doing right now as well as your twin brother”

Kyuhyun told his sleeping son while gently brushing his fingers on his beautiful face.

“Good night honey. Sleep tight”

Kyuhyun leans forward and plant a soft kiss on Sandeul’s forehead.

“I love you so much. Sleep tight”

Kyuhyun whispers. He stands up and covers his son’s body with a blanket. He suddenly stops when he heard Sandeul talking.

“I love you dad”

Sandeul whispers. Kyuhyun looks at him.

“Key, are you awake?”

Kyuhyun asks and waits for his son to speak. Kyuhyun smiles when he realizes that his son just talk in his sleep.

“Since when did you talk during your sleep? You’re really acting strange honey. You act like your mom. Sleep tight ok. I love you”

Kyuhyun told Sandeul. He gets his mobile phone inside his pocket and turns it on. Kyuhyun smiles as he stares at his wallpaper.

“Key is sleeping now. Don’t worry about him because he’s fine though he’s really acting very strange and he really acts just like you. He even speaks during his sleep, just like you. I wonder why. He’s not like that before”

Kyuhyun told the picture of his ex-wife.

“How are you baby? Are we still going to see each other again? I’m really longing for you baby. It’s been twelve years since we divorce. I love you Minnie. I really do. Can you forgive me and give me another chance? Please tell me not to marry Joo-hyun. I want to hear it from you…please baby”

Kyuhyun told the picture sadly.

“You take care of yourself and Deullie as well. I love you both and I really want to see you and our Deullie. I’m sorry for hurting you baby. I know that it’s already late to apologize because I already hurt you badly. I’m sorry. I love you”

Kyuhyun softly kisses the screen of his mobile phone.

“I’m going to sleep now. I love you baby. I love you so much”

Kyuhyun told the picture of his ex-wife in his mobile phone. He puts his mobile phone in silent mode, so Joo-hyun can’t disturb him. He looks at his son who is sleeping peacefully.

“Good night Key. I love you”

Kyuhyun whispers. He softly kisses his son’s forehead. He turns on the lampshades and checks the temperature inside the room before walking towards the door. He turns off the lights and stares at his sleeping son for the last time before leaving his room quietly.