Chapter 13

Happy Together

Rochester, New York: 10:00PM

Seoul, South Korea: 11:00AM

 

Jongwoon opens the door of the backseat and carefully carries Kibum on his arms.

“He falls asleep. Maybe he’s tired”

Sungmin told her best friend. She brushes Kibum’s hair away from his gorgeous face and smiles at her sleeping son.

“He’s so adorable”

Sungmin whispers. She gets Kibum’s things at the backseat before closing the door gently. Sungmin went inside her house. Jongwoon follows her from behind while carrying the sleeping Kibum on his arms. Kibum’s arms are wrapped around Jongwoon’s neck while his head is resting on Jongwoon’s shoulder. Jongwoon carefully go up the stairs. He follows his best friend inside Sandeul’s room. Sungmin went out from Sandeul’s walk-in closet, holding her son’s pajamas. Jongwoon walks towards the bed and carefully laid Kibum on the soft mattress, avoiding waking him. He removes Kibum’s shoes and socks and helps Sungmin to change Kibum’s clothes.

“Thanks a lot Jongwoonie”

Sungmin told her best friend as she smiles at him.

“No problem”

Jongwoon told Sungmin. He softly kisses Kibum’s forehead before going out of Sandeul’s room, leaving Sungmin with Kibum. Sungmin stares at her sleeping son. She starts Kibum’s hair gently while watching him sleep.

“I love you so much honey. I hope you enjoy this day with me and with your uncle Jongwoon. I know that you’re tired because you and Jongwoon keep on playing nonstop. But I’m happy to see you happy and I’m happy that I get the chance to spend this whole day with you. I’ll get back to work tomorrow, but I promise to make it up to you after my client’s wedding. Don’t worry because uncle Jongwoon will be here to watch over you. Don’t give him a hard time ok”

Sungmin told her sleeping son.

“Sleep tight and sweet dreams. I’ll see you later in dreamland. I love you honey”

Sungmin smiles and softly kisses Kibum’s forehead, avoiding waking him. She slowly stands up and covers Kibum’s body with the blanket. She checks the temperature inside her son’s room before going out of Sandeul’s room. Sungmin goes downstairs to drink her milk before she goes to sleep. She went inside the kitchen to get a bottle of milk inside the refrigerator.

“I thought you’re already sleeping”

Sungmin told her best friend who is drinking a cup of coffee while typing on his laptop.

“I’m finishing an important document. I need to send this to daddy tomorrow because he’s planning to open a new hangar in Busan”

Jongwoon told his best friend. Sungmin walks towards the two door refrigerator. She opens it and gets a cold bottle of milk. She walks towards Jongwoon and grabs a chair. She puts it beside Jongwoon and sits down. Sungmin gives the bottle that she’s holding to her best friend. Jongwoon gets it and opens it before giving it back to Sungmin who happily drinks it.

“What is that?”

Sungmin asks as she stares at the screen of Jongwoon’s laptop.

“I’m reviewing the proposed blue print for the new hangar. Dad sends it to me awhile ago. It’s the only time that I’m going to review it”

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

“Dad was the one who will construct the new hangar?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods his head.

“Daddy only wants dad. You know that they are best friends and dad’s work is really the best. He’s such a good Engineer. Why? You don’t want your dad to build the new hangar in Busan?”

Jongwoon asks while reviewing the proposed blue print. He needs to check it because he will be the one who will decide how big the structure should be, so they will know the number of aircrafts that the hangar can hold.

“Are they going in Busan?”

Sungmin asks before drinking her milk again. Jongwoon can sense a mixture of excitement and nervousness in Sungmin’s voice.

“Yes they will. But I still don’t know when. We still need to have meetings for this new hangar before they go in Busan. We need to finalize everything first before they begin the construction of the new hangar in Busan. Why?”

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“Are you sure that it’s nothing?”

Jongwoon asks while his eyes are focused on the screen of his laptop.

“Well…honestly…I don’t understand why I feel a bit excited and nervous”

Sungmin told her best friend. Jongwoon stops whatever he’s doing and looks at Sungmin.

“You want to visit Seoul? I can accompany you. We can stay in my house in Incheon”

Jongwoon suggested. Sungmin shook her head.

“Why not?”

Jongwoon asks as he stares at Sungmin with worried face.

“I’m afraid”

“Of?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Key”

Sungmin answers in a soft voice.

“Why?”

Jongwoon asks, feeling a bit guilty for not telling his best friend that the twin that was with her is not Sandeul, but Kibum.

“I’m afraid that my son will hate me. I’m afraid that he will act cold and will never treat me like his mother because I left him. He grows up without me by his side”

Sungmin told Jongwoon sadly.

“Do you think Kyu raise him like that? Do you think your jerk ex-husband will have the guts to tell Key that you left him when he knows that it’s his fault why you get separated from Key and why the twins get separated from each other?”

Jongwoon asks, feeling a bit angry just by remembering the pain that Kyuhyun brought into his best friend’s life. Sungmin shook her head because she knows and she believes that Kyuhyun will not allow Kibum to grow up hating her.

“Honestly Minnie, are you really afraid on how your son will react if he sees you or you’re afraid to see the father of your twins?”

Jongwoon asks before taking a sip on his warm coffee.

“You still love him, right?”

Jongwoon asks before putting down the cup of coffee that he’s holding on the saucer. Sungmin stares at Jongwoon with teary eyes.

“Are you going to kill me if I say yes?”

Sungmin asks sadly. Jongwoon shook his head and gently pulls his best friend and embraces her in his arms.

“If you cry then Kyu will surely grill me”

Jongwoon teases Sungmin, making her laugh softly.

“Seriously Jongwoonie, I really don’t know what to do without you. I really don’t know if I will be able to raise Deullie all by myself. I’m really lucky to have you here beside me all the time and I’m lucky to have a very sweet and loving best friend like you”

Sungmin told Jongwoon. She raises her head and stares at Jongwoon. She flashes a teasing smile on him.

“Yah! I know what you’re thinking . My answer is no”

Jongwoon told Sungmin while pouting at her.

“But why?”

Sungmin asks as she rests her head on Jongwoon’s chest.

“We can be a great couple you know”

Sungmin told her best friend, teasing him.

“Pabo! What the are you talking about huh? Do you really want the world to end soon if we marry each other? And beside…why will you marry me if you still love him?”

Jongwoon asks, teasing his best friend.

“You see. Kim Sungmin is so ugly. My surname won’t suit your name. It supposed to be Cho Sungmin. It sounds better than Kim Sungmin”

Jongwoon told Sungmin, making her laugh.

“You’re right. But then, there’s no more chance for me to become Cho Sungmin again”

Sungmin sighs. She raises her head and looks at Jongwoon.

“What? I know that there’s something that bothers you lost baby bunny who can be sometimes”

“!”

Sungmin pouts and gently pinches Jongwoon’s nose, making him laugh softly. Sungmin stands up and sits on Jongwoon’s lap.

“Minnie, Deullie might see us like this. He will think that we’re having a secret affair”

Jongwoon told his best friend. Sungmin raises an eyebrow and wraps her arms around Jongwoon’s neck.

“Pabo!”

Sungmin flicks Jongwoon’s forehead as she laughs softly.

“Deullie is used to see us like this and he knows how close we are to each other. He wouldn’t think something like that”

Sungmin told Jongwoon who flashes a weak smile.

“Of course Deullie won’t think like that because he’s used to see us acting so sweet with each other like this. But the problem is…he’s not Deullie. He’s Key”

Jongwoon thought while smiling weakly at his best friend.

“And beside, nobody will get jealous because we’re both single”

Sungmin told Jongwoon, emphasizing the word ‘single’

“Yes of course. You don’t need to remind me that I’m already an ahjusshi and I’m still single. No girlfriend since birth”

“Seriously Jongwoonie, you’re already thirty six years old. How did you manage to survive without having any love life at all?”

Sungmin asks. She was actually wondering why Jongwoon still manage to be happy in spite of being single all throughout his life.

“How did you manage to be happy? I mean, you’re single all throughout your life. Most men of your age are already planning to settle down with their other halves. How about you? When will you look for your other half? Do you have any plan on getting married? I mean, come on Jongwoonie. You’re thirty six. You’re a super ahjusshi now. Is finding your other half not part of your plan?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon raises an eyebrow.

“Do I really need to have a girlfriend or a wife for me to be happy?”

Jongwoon asks as he places his hands on the sides of Sungmin’s waist.

“I’m happy with my life because I have you and Deullie. I don’t need to get married you know and beside…you know that I love someone and she’s the only girl that I love”

“Then why don’t you go in Seoul and find her?”

“What for? I mean…I’m not the right man for her”

“Why?”

Sungmin asks as she stares at her best friend’s sad face.

“I left her Minnie. I become a coward and left her without even telling her that I love her. She deserve a man who is courageous than me. She deserve a man who will always tell her how much he loves her and I’m not that man because I never tell her that before we part our ways”

Jongwoon told Sungmin sadly as he remembers Ryeowook.

“But Jongwoonie…”

Sungmin starts brushing her finger on Jongwoon’s eyebrow.

“You should try for you to know. There’s nothing wrong with that. If you’re still thinking about me and Deullie, don’t worry anymore because we’re going to be ok. You already give up your own happiness for us and of course as your best friend, I want you to find it again. You see. You’re a very nice man and really sweet, caring and very loving person. You deserve to be happy”

Sungmin told Jongwoon, worrying about him.

“I am happy”

Jongwoon told Sungmin who nods at him.

“I know. But you’re not complete. I know that sometimes you also feel empty”

Sungmin told her best friend. Jongwoon holds Sungmin’s hand and softly kisses it.

“But you’re always there to fill in that empty space”

Jongwoon told Sungmin. He tucks Sungmin’s hair on her ear.

“But Jongwoonie, it’s very different when you already found the girl who will be with you for the rest of your life. You don’t need to worry about me anymore. I’m already on my thirties and its old enough for me to take care of myself alone and of course Deullie. “

“Don’t you want me taking care of you?”

“Of course I want, but I also want you to be happy”

Sungmin told Jongwoon as she smiles at him.

“Jongwoonie, can I ask something? It’s really bothering me you know”

“Ok. Tell me what bothers you. I will listen and see what I can do to help you”

Jongwoon told Sungmin as he stares at her curiously, wondering what bothers Sungmin.

“Since you and Deullie are really close and these past few days, you guys are always together”

Sungmin told her best friend. Jongwoon nods his head, agreeing to Sungmin. It’s true that he is very close with Sandeul. Their relationship is like father and son’s relationship.

“So? Is there a problem with that?”

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin shook her head.

“There’s no problem with that and I really like the way you treat each other like father and son. Well, I’m just wondering if you’re noticing something weird and suspicious about Deullie”

Sungmin told Jongwoon who raises an eyebrow.

“What do you mean by something weird and suspicious?”

Jongwoon asks though he already has an idea what Sungmin is talking about. Jongwoon knows that his best friend is already getting suspicious towards Kibum and he can feel that Sungmin is already being confused about the sudden changes in her son’s attitude and the way he acts. Well, that’s because the twin that was with them is not Sandeul, but Kibum and Jongwoon needs to keep it a secret as he promise Kibum.

“I mean, can you not see it? Try to observe our Deullie. He acts so different, especially the way he speaks. He speaks like an adult as if they have the same age. The way he speaks Korean, he’s very fluent and his accent is so good, but when it comes to English, his accent is not that good. There are times wherein he doesn’t know how to speak English and that’s why we can’t understand each other sometimes. We both know that Deullie is good in English and he doesn’t know how to speak Korean. Well, he knew, but just a little”

Sungmin told her best friend who just nods his head.

“Did you ever hear him cursing?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods.

“Most of the time. He loves cursing Minnie. Seriously, I really think that Deullie has a sharp tongue…very sharp tongue”

“And that bothers me Jongwoonie”

Sungmin told Jongwoon as her cute doe eyes grow big.

“I never teach him how to curse and he even calls me Lee Sungmin when he’s demanding something. Now, tell me my dear Captain Jongwoonie…”

Sungmin stares at Jongwoon and raises an eyebrow.

“Are you teaching my son to act a bit arrogant, bossy and to curse?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon laughs and flicks Sungmin’s forehead.

“Pabo! Why will I do that? Why will I teach our sweet and very soft hearted Deullie something like that? It’s true that I know how to curse, but I never speak bad words whenever I’m with Deullie ok and I always told him that cursing is bad and he shouldn’t do that”

Jongwoon told Sungmin who nods her head, agreeing to her best friend. Jongwoon is really strict when it comes to that thing. He always told Sandeul not to curse and he always told Sandeul that he doesn’t want to hear him speaking bad words or else he will really hit his mouth if ever he heard him speaking bad words and cursing. Jongwoon is really strict when it comes to discipline and that’s why Sandeul grow up with a great discipline in his self and very responsible.

“He also acts so brat”

“What’s the difference? Deullie is a bit brat you know”

“Yes”

Sungmin nods her head.

“Yes he’s a brat, but not too bossy. Jongwoonie…”

Sungmin holds her best friend’s gorgeous face between her hands as she stares at him worriedly.

“What is happening to our Deullie? Seriously, I really think that he’s being possessed by unknown creature”

Sungmin told Jongwoon worriedly. Jongwoon stares at Sungmin and starts laughing.

“Yah! Stop laughing!”

Sungmin gently hits Jongwoon’s cheek while frowning at him. Jongwoon keeps on laughing because he thinks that his best friend is so weird and really crazy to think that Sandeul is being possessed by unknown creature.

“Unknown creature? It’s really funny Minnie”

Jongwoon told Sungmin as he continues to laugh hard. Sungmin frowns even hard.

“Yah! I told you to stop laughing! I’m serious Jongwoonie. I really think that we should bring Deullie to a doctor”

“Doctor?”

Jongwoon bites his lower lip to control his laughter. He stares at Sungmin and starts laughing again.

“KIM JONGWOON!”

Sungmin shouts angrily. Jongwoon rubs his aching tummy because of laughing so hard. He takes a deep breath and wipes the tears at the corner of his eyes.

“It was really funny Minnie”

Jongwoon told Sungmin and he starts laughing again.

“What is wrong with you? Don’t tell me that you’re also being possessed by unknown creature since you and Deullie are always together?”

Sungmin told Jongwoon who keeps on laughing.

“Seriously Jongwoonie, what’s funny? Why do you keep on laughing? I’m serious and I’m really going to cry if you will not stop laughing on me. I’m worried about our Deullie and then you’re just going to laugh at me? How could you?”

Sungmin told her best friend. Jongwoon stops laughing and stares at his best friend. Sungmin’s eyes are already teary and she was about to cry.

“Baby, sorry”

Jongwoon told Sungmin. He places his hand on Sungmin’s cheek and caresses it gently.

“Sorry, I won’t laugh anymore. It’s just that…”

Jongwoon bites his lower lip to avoid laughing again.

“I just find it weird ok. How can you think like that? You really believe in unknown creature?”

Jongwoon asks.

“I’m worried about my son. He starts acting like that ever since he arrives from his Summer Camp in Sydney. What if Deullie unconsciously step into something or accidentally disturb that unknown creature’s house?”

Sungmin asks worriedly. Jongwoon sighs and raises an eyebrow.

“That’s why we need to go in Sydney and dance in front of that unknown creature’s house and offer a dead chicken? Is that it?”

“But Jongwoonie…”

Jongwoon holds Sungmin’s wonderful lips.

“Shhhh…relax, there’s nothing wrong with him. You see. Deullie is growing up and he’s becoming a teen. Of course he will face a lot of changes as he grows. You see. He may act like bossy and he curse too much, but he’s still that sweet, loving and caring Deullie, right?”

Jongwoon told his best friend, feeling a bit guilty for not telling Sungmin that it’s not Sandeul. It’s Kibum and that’s why she thinks that her son is acting weird and really strange. Sungmin removes Jongwoon’s fingers on her lips.

“You know Jongwoonie...”

Sungmin’s eyes start getting teary again.

“I feel like he’s not Deullie at all”

“What do you mean?”

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin stares at Jongwoon sadly.

“There’s something inside me that keeps on telling me that he’s not Deullie, but Key. You know? Mother instinct. I want to believe, but…how will I know if he’s really Key? I never see him grow and I don’t even know how Kyu raise him. I know that the world is small and there’s a thirty percent possibility that Deullie and Key will meet each other, but it’s still impossible. They don’t even know that they are twins and Deullie doesn’t even know that he has a twin brother. He thought that he’s an only child”

Sungmin told Jongwoon sadly.

“You see. Deullie is acting so strange and he reminds me of his father. He acts like Kyu. The way he speaks, curse and the way he looks. He even smirks like Kyu”

“Of course he will act like Kyu because Kyu is his father. Maybe you just notice it before or maybe you’re just longing for Key and that’s why you’re thinking that it’s not Deullie, but Key. You’re longing for Key and that’s why you can feel that Deullie is acting strange or maybe you’re just too busy with your work that you don’t even know that your son can act like that”

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

“Yeah…you’re right. I’m being too busy with my work and that’s why I can’t monitor my son that much and I really feel guilty sometimes because I tend to prioritize my work sometimes and not him”

“Baby…”

Jongwoon softly touches Sungmin’s beautiful face.

“Don’t be like that. You see. Deullie understands why you need to be busy. He knows that you need to work for him and he understands it. Your son is a very loving person, so you don’t need to worry that much”

Jongwoon starts Sungmin’s hair.

“Don’t worry about Deullie. He’s fine”

Jongwoon told Sungmin as he smiles at her, reassuring that Sandeul is fine. Sungmin nods her head.

“Jongwoonie, tomorrow is my client’s wedding. I’ll be going in New York. I won’t be able to go home tomorrow because I need to meet my other client after the wedding. I will just sleep in my parents’ house. Is it ok if I leave Deullie with you?”

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon nods happily.

“Don’t worry baby. I’ll take care of our Deullie while you’re away. Just do your work and don’t worry about our son ok. I’ll watch over him”

Jongwoon told Sungmin who smiles at him.

“Thanks a lot Jongwoonie. I owe you a lot”

“I know and you just need to smile all the time or else I’ll get mad at you”

Sungmin nods happily and rests her head back on Jongwoon’s chest.

“I love you Jongwoon”

Sungmin whispers. Jongwoon smiles and wraps his arms around Sungmin, embracing her.

“I love you too baby bunny. You go to sleep now. It’s already late. You need to take a lot of rest”

“Let’s sleep together”

“Pabo! We’re no longer kids”

Jongwoon told his best friend as he laughs softly. Sungmin smiles.

“But we used to sleep together even though we’re no longer kids. Jongwoonie…”

“Hmmm?”

“I’m going to sleep now. Please sing for me”

Sungmin whispers as she yawns.

“Ok. You sleep now. I’ll just carry you to your room if you’re already asleep. Good night baby. Sleep tight. I love you”

Jongwoon told Sungmin, making her smile.

“Good night Jongwoonie. I love you too”

“Sleep now”

Jongwoon kisses Sungmin’s head and starts singing a sweet lullaby for her best friend while her hair gently. Sungmin smiles and slowly closes her eyes. She listens to her best friend’s very beautiful and artistic voice as she falls asleep peacefully.

~~~

“BABY!”

Joo-hyun shouts happily upon seeing Kyuhyun holding a bouquet of flowers for her.

“For me?”

Joo-hyun asks while staring at the beautiful bouquet that Kyuhyun hands her. Kyuhyun nods happily. Joo-hyun giggles happily and gets the bouquet before dragging Kyuhyun inside her condominium. She drags Kyuhyun at the living room. She puts the bouquet on top of the center table before looking at Kyuhyun who is already sitting on the sofa.

“I told you that I’m going to fetch you because we’re going to eat lunch today, right?”

Kyuhyun told his fiancée. Joo-hyun nods.

“Then why are you still wearing your night gown?”

Kyuhyun asks as he stares at his fiancée. Joo-hyun is still on her red lacey nightgown. She smiles seductively and kneels on Kyuhyun’s lap. Kyuhyun places his hands on the sides of Joo-hyun’s waist.

“I miss you”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun. She holds Kyuhyun’s gorgeous face and slowly leans her face closer to his and gently brushes her lips on his.

“I love you baby”

Joo-hyun whispers on Kyuhyun’s lips, making him smile.

“Baby…”

Kyuhyun gently touches his fiancée’s face.

“I’m sorry for what happen last time. Sorry for cancelling the dinner with umma and appa. I know that you prepare it, but…”

Joo-hyun presses a finger on Kyuhyun’s lips to stop him from talking.

“It’s ok Kyu. I understand. Of course, Key’s health is more important. Don’t worry about it because I already explain to umma and appa and they do understand”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun, but deep inside she’s already cursing Kibum and wishing that the bastard son of her fiancé will soon die, so her life will be quiet. She will really love to see Kibum on his grave and if that happens, Joo-hyun will be the happiest woman alive because all Kyuhyun’s wealth will all go to her.

“I’ll just make it up to you next time”

“No problem Kyu”

Joo-hyun smiles at her gorgeous fiancé. She was about to kiss Kyuhyun’s lips, but he holds her lips to prevent her from kissing him.

“I really think that you should prepare yourself now and change your clothes. I still have a meeting later, so you need to move now for us to be able to leave soon and have our lunch together”

Kyuhyun told Joo-hyun who nods her head while smiling seductively, trying to seduce Kyuhyun. But he just ignores her because he doesn’t have much energy to have with her and he just doesn’t want to do it anymore because he’s feeling guilty. He thinks that he’s cheating with Sungmin and hurting her more whenever he’s going to have with his fiancée and he’s also feeling guilty because every time that he’s going to have with Joo-hyun, all he can think is Sungmin and not his fiancée.

“Just get up now ok”

Kyuhyun told his fiancée. Joo-hyun nods her head and slowly gets off of Kyuhyun.

“I’ll be ready in a minute. I’ll just take a bath and get dress”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun who nods at her. Kyuhyun saw a wedding magazine on top of the center table. He gets it and looks at his fiancée.

“I’ll read this magazine first while waiting for you”

“Ok”

Joo-hyun smiles and went inside her room.

“That was close”

Kyuhyun sighs and gets his mobile phone inside his pocket. He stares at his wallpaper.

“Our Key is still mad at me. He’s not talking to me. He still hates me and I don’t know why. I try to talk to him for me to know, but he always avoids me. Please help me baby. It’s been so hard for me when I throw you away from my life. I was wrong and I already regret everything and until now I’m still regretting it. Please go home now baby. Please come back to me”

Kyuhyun told the picture of his ex-wife.

“I swear baby. If you will tell me not to marry Joo-hyun, I’m really going to call off the wedding. All I want is you. So please, go back to me now”

Kyuhyun whispers sadly.

“I love you baby. Yes I do and I will never stop loving you. I know that you wouldn’t believe me because I hurt you so badly. But I can never lie to my heart. I love you and you’re still the woman who holds my heart. It’s been twelve years Minnie and I still can’t forget you. You see. You might think that I love Joo-hyun because I’m going to marry her…”

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I love her, but it’s just a little. I still love you more than her. I just want to marry her so that our Key will have a mom. I know that it was wrong. I know that I should find you, but I don’t have that courage”

Kyuhyun’s eyes start getting teary.

“I hurt you baby and it’s unforgivable. I don’t know how I will face you again. I’m scared that you will only hate me and push me away from your life and I’m scared of your parents. I don’t know how I will be able to face mom and dad again after all what I did to you. I’m scared that our Deullie will avoid me because I never become a father to him. I never become a good father to him and to Key because I separate them and I never become a good husband to you because I cheat and I leave you and exchange you with other woman…I want to correct everything, but how? How will I do that if it’s already late?”

Kyuhyun told his wallpaper while holding back his tears.

“I’m sorry baby and I love you so much. Please always remember that. If only I can embrace you in my arms again, I wouldn’t let you go and I’m going to make sure that we’re going to be together again not because of the twins, but because I love you and I hope you still love me. Is that even possible? Can we be together again as husband and wife?”

Kyuhyun asks while staring at his wallpaper sadly.

“Baby, who are you talking with?”

Kyuhyun suddenly jumps upon hearing his fiancée’s voice. He quickly returns his mobile phone inside his pocket and stands up.

“Aigoo! You scared me baby. Since when did you get there?”

Kyuhyun asks while staring at his fiancée who is wearing red multicolored floral kimono dress. Joo-hyun was staring at him curiously.

“Just now. I was shock to hear you talking to someone. Who is it?”

Joo-hyun asks as she walks ily towards Kyuhyun. She wraps her hands around Kyuhyun’s arm.

“It’s nothing baby. I’m just practicing for the meeting later because I’m going to present a research later”

Kyuhyun lied. Joo-hyun nods.

“So, are we going now?”

Joo-hyun asks while smiling brightly at her fiancé. Kyuhyun nods his head.

“That’s good because I’m already hungry”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun happily. She smiles brightly at him and kisses his lips before dragging him happily with her.

~~~

*CHO KYUHYUN’S MANSION*

 

“Are you sure about this Deullie?”

Jonghyun asks Sandeul nervously. His hands are already trembling because of fear as he stares at the nunchucks that Sandeul was holding.

“Seriously, do you really need to do that? I mean…come on Deullie-ah, you’ve been practicing martial arts and taekwondo for almost an hour. Let’s stop now ok. I’m already tir—“

“NO!”

Sandeul told Jonghyun before pouting at him. Sandeul shook his head cutely, making Jonghyun fall for his cuteness.

“Just hold the pillow Jonghyun or else I’m going to tell Key that you’re not following what I want”

“But I’m already becoming your punching bag. You kick so hard and it’s really scary and now you want to use that scary thing over me? Yah! This is not fair. Seriously, I really think that you’re more war feak than Key”

“Shhhh…”

Sandeul presses a finger on his lips, gesturing Jonghyun that he should keep quiet.

“Don’t be too loud ok. Aunt Wookie might hear us. She’s just in the kitchen, cooking some snacks for us. I told you not to call me Deullie whenever we’re here in dad’s house and in your house. Don’t forget that they know nothing about me and Key meeting at our summer camp in Sydney and they know nothing about our plan and that Key and I switch places. Be quiet or I’m going to hit you with my nunchucks”

Sandeul told Jonghyun, threatening him. Jonghyun stares at Sandeul’s nunchucks, imagining how painful it is if it hits him. Jonghyun looks at Sandeul who is staring at him, preparing to attack him.

“Yah! I thought you’re a very sweet boy and you can’t even threat or curse a person. But how come you’re already knows how to threaten huh?”

Jonghyun ask while feeling nervous. His heart keeps on beating fast and he’s already regretting his decision to be Sandeul’s practice mate. Well, Jonghyun thought that Sanduel is just kidding when he told him that he’s good in martial arts and Taekwondo and he wants to practice and he wants Jonghyun to be his partner mate since he’s Kibum’s best friend.

“Well, if you won’t follow what I tell you to do then my nunchucks will really hit your gorgeous face. If that’s what you want then go ahead and keep on moving and keep on talking. Don’t forget that we’re doing this because I’m practicing on how I will hit my dad’s . If you won’t follow then Key will surely get mad at you. Just support us ok”

Sandeul told Jonghyun as he starts playing on his nunchucks. Jonghyun gulps nervously as he watches Sandeul playing on his nunchucks while staring at him, finding a good way to hit his target.

“You know? I…well…I…can…al---YAH! STOP RIGHT THERE KEY!!!!”

Jonghyun shouts as Sandeul starts running slowly towards him while playing on his nunchucks. Jonghyun stops breathing as he closes his eyes. Sandeul was about to hit the pillow that Jonghyun was holding when someone shouts.

“KEY! NO!”

Sandeul stops. Jonghyun slowly opens his eyes.

“Am I dead now?”

Jonghyun asks while his hands are trembling. He drops the pillow that he’s holding and ends up sitting on the floor because his knees are trembling because of fear. Sandeul turns around and found Ryeowook running towards him.

“Hey, what are you doing? Why are you going to hit Jonghyun-ah with this thing?”

Ryeowook asks her nephew as she quickly grabs the nunchucks away from Sandeul’s grip.

“Thank goodness she arrives”

Jonghyun whispers softly as he sighs in relief. He really thought that he would already die on that day.

“Why would I hit Jonghyun?”

Sandeul asks Ryeowook who is staring at his nunchucks.

“Seriously…”

Ryeowook sighs and stares at her nephew curiously. He was wondering where on earth Sandeul gets his Taekwondo uniform and since when did her nephew learn Taekwondo and how to hold and use nunchucks and where on earth Kibum gets it.

“Say…”

Ryeowook stares at Sandeul suspiciously, making his heart jumps.

“OMO! I’m dead meat now if Aunt Wookie gets suspicious. What if she already caught me? What to do?”

Sandeul thought as he feels nervous, but he needs to act normal so Ryeowook will not get too suspicious on him. He’s already thinking on how to reason out for him to be able to convince his aunt and for his aunt not to get suspicious on him.

“Where on earth did you get the nunchucks and that Taekwondo uniform? Tell me. Since when did you learn Taekwondo? I didn’t remember you enrolling to Taekwondo class and of course Oppa doesn’t know about it as well”

Ryeowook told her nephew, getting a bit suspicious on him.

“Ah…”

Sanduel smiles weakly because he doesn’t know what to say.

“Should I just tell her the truth? I really don’t know what to say. What to do?”

Sandeul told his self as he starts to panic. He stares at Ryeowook nervously.

“Aunt Wookie, I’m the one who teach him. You see. I enroll myself in a Taekwondo and Martial Arts class in school. IT’s my extracurricular activity aside from playing the soccer. I just want to teach Key some self defense and we’re practicing how to hit Kyu Appa’s ”

Jonghyun told Sandeul to save him from danger. Sandeul looks at his twin brother’s best friend who is still sitting on the floor.

“Right Key?”

Jonghyun asks Sandeul while smiling at him and Sandeul understands what that smile means. Sandeul nods his head happily and looks at Ryeowook who is smiling at them.

“Ah, both of you should tell me about it. So I can also help you guys from practicing”

Ryeowook told them. She really wants to hit her cousin’s fiancée and she really wants her to vanish completely from their lives.

“Key is practicing how he will hit Kyu appa’s with that”

Jonghyun told Ryeowook while pointing at Sandeul’s nunchucks that Ryeowook was holding.

“I’m sure that dad’s will surely borrow her face from a dog. It will be lovely for sure”

“But I bet dogs won’t allow that to borrow her face from them because honestly speaking Key, dogs are cuter than that ”

Ryeowook told her nephew as they both laugh. Jonghyun joins them in laughing. He slowly stands up when his knees are no longer trembling.

“We’re going to give her flying kick and break her bones into pieces. We’re going to give her a hard time”

Jonghyun suggested. Ryeowook and Sandeul nod their heads, agreeing to him. Ryeowook flashes her evil smile.

“I’m also thinking to put bombs or maybe dynamite on her entire body, so she will boom…explode and vanish from earth because mother earth doesn’t need a ”

Ryeowook told them. They all laugh together, feeling really happy on planning on how they will separate Joo-hyun from Kyuhyun.

“Let Magnus bite her as well. Magnus will surely be happy. But I’m really worried because he might get sick because he’s going to bite a like her”

Sandeul told them.

“Or we can tie her on a tree and let ants bite her”

Jonghyun suggested.

“And put monkey or orangutan to pull her hair and spit on her. That will be lovely. Monkeys and orangutan will surely enjoy playing with her because she looks like them. They will think that Joo-hyun is one of them. Like their mother or maybe great great great grandmother”

Ryeowook told them as they start laughing again.

“But honestly Aunt Wookie, monkeys and orangutans are better than that . She’s the worst ever”

Sandeul told them. They start laughing again and give each other high five.

“Ok. Let’s continue talking about that later. I just need to go back inside the kitchen and finish baking the lasagna for us. Both of you should take a rest for awhile and finish eating the snacks that I prepare for both of you. We shall practice later on how we’re going to torture Oppa’s and how we’re going to break her bones into pieces and hit her super ugly y face. Lasagna will be ready in thirty minutes”

Ryeowook told them happily. Jonghyun and Sandeul clap their hands happily.

“I’ll go back in the kitchen now”

Ryeowook gives the nunchucks back to Sandeul before returning inside the kitchen happily. Jonghyun and Sandeul sits on the floor and starts eating the red velvet cupcakes that Ryeowook bake for them and the potato fries that Ryeowook made for them. Sandeul gets his cold glass of fresh orange juice and takes a sip.

“Thanks for saving me. I really thought that Aunt Wookie will already caught me”

Sandeul told Jonghyun. He puts down his glass on the center table. He gets his fork and starts eating his red velvet cupcake cutely. Jonghyun looks at Sandeul and smiles at him.

“It’s nothing. I promise Key that I will protect you and help you while you stay here and we’re already friends, right?”

Jonghyun asks as he gently wipes the cream that was on the side of Sandeul’s lips. Sandeul nods happily while chewing his food cutely.

“Aigoo! Why are you so cute?”

Jonghyun told Sandeul before pinching Sandeul’s cute and chubby cheek. Sandeul just stares at Jonghyun and continues eating his red velvet cupcake.

“Seriously, I really want to take you home with me. You’re such a very cute creature. You look like a lost bunny that is looking for his mother. I really want to pinch you every minute and hug you like this”

Jonghyun hugs Sandeul tightly, cuddling him like a teddy bear. Sandeul just smiles and continues eating.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

Jonghyun looks at Sandeul.

“Yes?”

Jonghyun asks while smiling. Sandeul points his finger on Jonghyun’s red velvet cupcake.

“Can I have your cupcake? I already finish mine. I still want to eat because it’s really delicious”

Sandeul told Jonghyun in a very cute manner and in a very cute voice.

“Of course Deullie honey. I don’t mind feeding you all the time. Just keep on eating”

Jonghyun told Sandeul as he falls in love with his cuteness even more.

“Can I just feed you?”

Jonghyun asks. Sandeul smiles and nods his head happily. He opens his mouth cutely. Jonghyun giggles happily. He gets his fork and starts feeding Sandeul happily with his red velvet cupcake.

~~~

Rochester, New York: 12:30AM

Seoul, South Korea: 1:30PM

 

*BIEN-ETRE*

 

Kyuhyun and Joo-hyun are having a peaceful lunch in one of the private rooms at Bien-etre.

“So, what can you say about my wedding dress?”

Joo-hyun asks as she shows the sketch of her wedding dress to Kyuhyun who just nods his head.

“Perfect. It will really suit you baby”

“It’s going to be color red”

“Why?”

Kyuhyun asks. Joo-hyun shook her head.

“Nothing. I just want the color red and I think red will really suit me. Minnie sends me five sketches of wedding dress and this wed—“

“Again? How did you call our wedding planner?”

Kyuhyun asks as his heart starts to beat fast and he can’t understand why.

“Minnie as in Le—“

Joo-hyun has been cut when Kyuhyun’s mobile phone suddenly rings. Kyuhyun gets his mobile phone on top of the table and stares at the caller’s name.

“Baby, please excuse me for awhile. I just need to answer this”

Kyuhyun told his fiancee. Joo-hyun nods at him.

“Ok. No problem”

Joo-hyun smiles at her fiancé. Kyuhyun smiles at her before answering the call.

“Yes Wookie, is there something wrong?”

Kyuhyun asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“Nothing oppa. I just call to ask if you’re going to have dinner here at home”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun who shook his head.

“I’ll be home late. Tell Key not to wait for me”

“Oh I see. Ah…is it ok if Key and I go out today? We’re just planning to watch movie and it’s my shopping day today. Key will just accompany me, so it won’t be lonely”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun, asking for his permission to allow his son to go with her at the mall and at the movie theater.

“Ok. No problem. It’s much better rather than Key staying at home. Its summer and he should enjoy his summer, so he won’t get bored. Just be careful and please go home on time. You and Key should be home by seven”

“Seven? Oh come on oppa. Key is not yet done taking a bath and I’m just about to take a bath. Jonghyun just left to take a bath and prepares his self. He’s coming with us. Can you just extend our curfew? Even just for today”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun, trying to convince her cousin to extend their curfew.

“Fine. I’ll just give you a one hour extension. Be home at eighth in the evening”

“Nine”

“Eighth”

“No…nine”

Ryeowook keeps on bargaining, but Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Eighth in the evening Wookie, take it or leave it”

Kyuhyun told his cousin. Ryeowook rolls her eyes and sighs.

“Fine. Key and I will be home by eight”

“I’m going to check on that”

“Arasso. Just hang up now ok”

Ryeowook told her cousin before hanging up. Kyuhyun sighs and puts his mobile phone back on top of the table.

“Why did your cousin call you?”

Joo-hyun asks before taking a sip on her wine.

“She’s just asking if I’ll be home for dinner and she just ask permission because she will go out with Key and Jonghyun today. They will watch movie and shop around”

“I see. Bye the way…”

Joo-hyun gets Kyuhyun’s mobile phone on top of the table to scan for his schedules. Kyuhyun quickly grabs his mobile phone away from Joo-hyun’s hand before she can opens it and saw his wallpaper.

“Give it back to me. You’re not supposed to get the private property of someone. What are you going to do with my mobile phone?”

Kyuhyun asks as he frowns at his fiancée. Joo-hyun stares at Kyuhyun with teary eyes, working on her drama, so Kyuhyun won’t get mad at her.

“I’m sorry baby. I just want to check your schedules”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun, trying to act cute towards her fiancé. But Kyuhyun just ignores her because he really thinks that Sungmin is still the cutest person ever and nobody can ever defeat his ex-wife’s cuteness.

“What for?”

Kyuhyun asks, feeling a bit irritated.

“And will you please stop acting cute because you’re not cute ok”

Kyuhyun told Joo-hyun, making her frown.

“Yah! Why are you being grumpy all of a sudden? I just want to see you mobile phone and scan your schedules. Why don’t you want to show it to me huh? Are you hiding something from me?”

Joo-hyun asks while staring at Kyuhyun suspiciously. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Why will I hide something from you?”

Kyuhyun asks, lying to his fiancée. Of course he can’t show the wallpaper of his mobile phone because he knew that Joo-hyun will surely get mad if she will see it. She will surely rant about it as to why his wallpaper is other woman and not her.

“I’m sorry Kyu. Of course I know that you’re not hiding something from me and you’re not cheating”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun who keeps on frowning at her.

“Cheating? If you want me to cheat then tell it to me, I’ll grant your wish instantly. You see Joo-hyun. I hate girls who keep on nagging and girls who don’t know how to mind their own business. I know that you’re my fiancée, but you’re not yet my wife. It only means that you still don’t have the right to meddle in everything that I’m going to do. Why do you want to know my schedules? Are you my secretary?”

Kyuhyun asks his fiancée, feeling really irritated towards her. She hates it whenever Joo-hyun will nag around and whenever she’s being talkative and trying to know everything that he’s going to do and everything that he needs to do in his daily life because for Kyuhyun, the only person who can do that is no other than his ex-wife.

“I’m sorry. I just want us to talk about the date of our wedding. I just want to finalize it and of course set the date of our meeting with our wedding planner”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun sadly, working on her drama to make her fiancé feel guilty. Kyuhyun stares at Joo-hyun and sighs. He suddenly feels guilty upon seeing Joo-hyun’s sad face and teary eyes.

“Baby…”

Kyuhyun cups Joo-hyun’s face and stares at her.

“I’m sorry. I just really hate it whenever you’re nagging like that and whenever you’re trying to interfere in my entire life. I mean…I’m sorry”

“It’s ok Kyu. I understand. I’m the one who supposed to apologize. I shouldn’t do that. I’m sorry”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun before kissing his lips softly.

“Let’s not fight anymore ok”

“Ok. So, since you want to finalize the date of our wedding and the date of our meeting with our wedding planner. I think we should talk about it now”

Kyuhyun told Joo-hyun.

“You told me that our wedding will be on September 19, right? Is that really final or you still want to change it?”

Joo-hyun asks.

“Well, it’s up to you baby”

“No Kyu. You decide because you’re the one who is always busy and not me”

“Ok”

Kyuhyun scans his schedules on his mobile phone.

“September 19…”

Kyuhyun looks at Joo-hyun and shook his head.

“There’s a Doctors’ Conference in Malaysia. I’m going to attend it. How about on September 10? I don’t have schedules on that day until September 12. Maybe we can have our honeymoon after September 19. Let’s say on September 25-30. What do you think? Is that ok with you?”

Kyuhyun asks his fiancée. Joo-hyun smiles at him and nods her head happily, feeling so happy because her wedding with Kyuhyun will be earlier than she expected.

“Where are we going to have our honeymoon?”

Joo-hyun asks excitedly.

“It’s up to you baby. I’ll leave it to you. Choose the place that you want to visit. I want you to enjoy it and that’s why I’m giving you the chance to decide about that thing”

“Ok. I’ll ask Taeyeon to help me later. So, when are we going to meet our wedding planner?”

Joo-hyun asks. Kyuhyun stares on his mobile phone to check his schedules again.

“Let’s see…well, today is already August 10. It only means that we only have three weeks to prepare for the wedding. Oh my goodness! We need to hurry. Maybe we can already meet our wedding planner this coming Saturday. Tell her to come in Okinawa Japan on Saturday to meet us for the plan of our wedding. I’ll just finish my meeting on Friday and then we will fly in Okinawa on Friday night. We will stay there until our wedding day”

Kyuhyun told Joo-hyun who happily nods her head.

“Ok. I’ll call our wedding planner now to inform her about it”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun. She opens her silver clutch and gets her mobile phone.

“Baby…”

Kyuhyun holds Joo-hyun’s hand to stop her from calling their wedding planner.

“Don’t call her”

Kyuhyun told his fiancée. Joo-hyun stares at him curiously.

“Why not? I need to call her, so we can already talk about it. We need to finalize it ok”

“But she’s from New York, right?”

Kyuhyun asks. Joo-hyun nods her head as an answer.

“So?”

Joo-hyun asks as she shoots Kyuhyun a curious glare. Kyuhyun sighs.

“Look, there’s a big time difference from our country to hers. It’s just one thirty in the morning there. She’s sleeping ok. Don’t disturb her. You can just call her later”

Kyuhyun told Joo-hyun.

“But Kyu…”

Joo-hyun shook her head.

“We’re on a hurry and beside its part of her work ok. Don’t worry because I know that Minnie wouldn’t mind it if I disturb her and she usually sleeps so late because she’s always awake whenever I’m going to call her. I’ll take care of it and don’t worry about her. She wouldn’t mind at all”

Joo-hyun told Kyuhyun. She smiles at him before standing up. She leaves the private room to call Sungmin. Kyuhyun sighs.

“I can’t believe that girl. Seriously, I really think that she will just disturb Minnie”

Kyuhyun told his self. His eyes suddenly grow big.

“Minnie…did I hear it right? The name of our wedding planner is Minnie? Could it be?”

Kyuhyun asks his self as his heart starts beating fast again, feeling a mixture of nervousness, happiness, fear and excitement.

“Ok. Cho Kyuhyun, what are you thinking huh?”

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Of course it’s not your ex-wife. Yes, she’s a wedding planner…but it’s very impossible for Joo-hyun to meet her. So what if that wedding planner is also living in New York like your ex-wife and has the same nickname as your ex-wife? It doesn’t mean that she’s Lee Sungmin. There are a lot of Minnie in the world and what if Minnie is really her name?”

Kyuhyun told his self, convincing his self that their wedding planner is not his ex-wife.

“Stop being paranoid ok. You just miss her and you’re just longing for her, that’s why you’re thinking like that”

Kyuhyun told his self, feeling sad all of a sudden. It’s true that he already misses Sungmin so much and he’s really longing for her. Kyuhyun went at the home screen of his mobile phone and stares at his ex-wife’s picture as his wallpaper.

“Why can’t I get you out from my mind and heart? I try to forget you, but I just can’t and I don’t understand why. Was it because I still love you?”

Kyuhyun asks as he stares at Sungmin’s picture on his mobile phone. Kyuhyun sighs and turns off his mobile phone to avoid seeing his wallpaper and to drift his ex-wife away from his mind because he just feels really sad whenever he will think about her and remember her. He just can’t help but to blame his self, hate his self and regret everything that he did to his ex-wife; for hurting her, separating her from Kibum, for making her cry, for accusing her of cheating and most especially for leaving her and exchanging her to other woman.

“I’m such a jerk and a ing loser and that’s why I end up losing her and my other son”

Kyuhyun told his self as his eyes start getting teary. He gets his glass of wine and stares at the window and drinks his wine sadly, still thinking about Sungmin and of course Sandeul, hoping that he can see them again and that they are in good hands and be with them and be a happy family again.

~~~

Rochester, New York: 9:00AM

Seoul, South Korea: 10:00PM

 

Kibum was sitting at the living room while staring at his twin brother’s best friend who just arrives in his mother’s house.

“What the are you doing here? I didn’t remember inviting you to come over”

Kibum told Sun Woo who smiles at him. Sun Woo walks towards Kibum and happily sits beside him. Kibum’s eyes widened when Sun Woo hugs him.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing? Why are you hugging me? Go away!”

Kibum told Sun Woo, pushing him away from him. But Sun Woo is hugging him really tight.

“I miss you Key”

Sun Woo told Kibum as he giggles happily.

“I told you to move away! Don’t touch me you ing gay!”

Kibum told Sun Woo as he manages to escape from him. Sun Woo suddenly laughs.

“Aigoo! What is wrong with you? You’re such a crazy !”

Kibum told Sun Woo as he frowns at him.

“Hey my Deullie honey’s twin brother, why are you being so grumpy early in the morning?”

Sun Woo asks.

“That’s because you’re pissing me off! What are you doing here huh?”

Kibum asks before sitting properly. Sun Woo smiles at him.

“I’m here because of two reasons”

Sun Woo told Kibum who nods his head.

“Speak now”

Kibum told Sun Woo as he stares at him curiously.

“Ok”

Sun Woo takes a deep breath and looks around.

“Where is mommy Minnie?”

Sun Woo asks.

“Uncle Jongwoon told me that umma leaves early for her work. She went in New York for the wedding of one of her client. She will not go home today. She will stay in my grandparents’ house. Why?”

Kibum asks.

“How about Uncle Jongwoon?”

Sun Woo asks.

“Uncle is inside his room. I think he’s taking a bath. Why? Why do you need to ask where are umma and Uncle Jongwoonie?”

Kibum asks curiously.

“That’s because I just want to make sure that nothing can hear our conversation. Are the helpers and Deullie’s nanny busy?”

Sun Woo asks. Kibum nods his head and sighs as he starts to get irritated because Sun Woo keeps on talking and not yet telling him why he visit Sungmin’s house.

“Yah!”

Kibum hits Sun Woo’s arm.

“Ouch! Why did you hit me?”

Sun Woo asks while frowning at Kibum. He starts rubbing his arm.

“Yah! You’re so talkative. You keep on talking and I’m already getting irritated because of you. Why don’t you just tell me the reasons why you’re here?”

Kibum told Sun Woo.

“Fine…I just want to make sure that no one can hear our conversation. I’m just protecting you ok. You’ll be dead if someone hears us because they will find out that you’re not Deullie”

Sun Woo explains to Kibum. Jongwoon was going down the stairs and saw Kibum with Sun Woo at the living room.

“YAH! WHY DON’T YOU JUST SPEAK NOW YOU ING !!! SERIOUSLY, YOU’RE MAKING MY BLO—“

Kibum didn’t have the chance to finish speaking because someone suddenly slaps his mouth; it was Jongwoon. Sun Woo’s mouth hangs open as his heart starts beating fast because of nervousness as he stares at Jongwoon’s serious face. Kibum’s eyes start getting teary as he looks at Jongwoon who is staring at him seriously.

“Uncle, why did you slap my mouth?”

Kibum asks while controlling his tears from falling.

“I forgot to tell you honey. I told Deullie that I’m going to hit his mouth if I hear him saying cuss words and that also goes to you”

“But how come you didn’t slap me when you first heard me speaking cuss words?”

“If I do that then you will have an idea that I already know the truth that you’re not really Deullie because you’re Key and I don’t want you to be scared of me. You see. I’m a very strict man when it comes to discipline and I really hate it whenever you’re going to speak cuss words and whenever you’re cursing. If Kyu didn’t discipline you properly, then I’ll be the one who will do it. I don’t want to hear you speaking cuss words or cursing or else I’ll make your mouth swell. Do you understand Cho Kibum?”

Jongwoon told Kibum who nods his head.

“I’m asking you”

“Yes Uncle Jongwoon”

“Good”

Jongwoon smiles and gently pats Kibum’s head.

“I hope you understand why I did that. It’s for your own good”

“I know”

Kibum hugs Jongwoon’s waist. Jongwoon smiles and looks at Sun Woo whose mouth are widely open and eyes are big while staring at him.

“Close your mouth sweetie. Flies might get inside”

Jongwoon told Sun Woo, making Kibum laugh. Jongwoon slowly closes Sun Woo’s mouth. He waves his hand in front of Sun Woo who blinks.

“What is wrong with you?”

Jongwoon asks. Sun Woo gulps.

“You already know that…that…that…”

Sun Woo can’t speak properly. He just points his finger on Kibum.

“Him…you know?”

Sun Woo asks. Jongwoon nods happily.

“Yes Baro. I know from the very first time that I saw him at the airport. I already know that he’s not Deullie. So, don’t worry because I know everything, including the twins’ plan in bringing their parents back together and I agree to help them”

Jongwoon told Sun Woo, making him sighs in relief.

“Oh! That was good. I really thought that we’re in trouble Key”

Sun Woo told Kibum who stares at him.

“Now, can you please tell me the reasons why you’re here?”

Kibum asks. Sun Woo nods. Jongwoon sits in between them.

“Can I listen?”

Jongwoon asks. Sun Woo nods his head.

“Since you already know the truth about Deullie and Key switching places, you can listen to us Uncle Jongwoon”

Sun Woo told Jongwoon before focusing his eyes back on Kibum who is waiting for him to tell him the reasons why he went at Sungmin’s house.

“I’m here because of two reasons”

Sun Woo takes a deep breath before continuing.

“First, I’m here because I want to check if Key is fine and if he needs help. But I guess he’s fine and he doesn’t need help because you’re here with him Uncle Jongwoon”

Sun Woo told Jongwoon who nods his head happily.

“Second, I’m here because my honey Deullie calls me awhile ago. He told me to tell you Key that you need to log in to Skype right now because you guys need to talk”

Sun Woo relay the message of Sandeul to Kibum.

“Was it about appa’s wedding?”

Kibum asks. Sun Woo nods his head.

“Maybe”

Sun Woo told Kibum. Jongwoon looks at Kibum.

“What wedding?”

Jongwoon asks curiously.

“It’s a long story uncle. Come. Let’s just go in Deullie’s room now and talk to him at Skype”

Kibum told Jongwoon. He stands up and runs upstairs. Jongwoon looks at Sun Woo.

“What wedding is that Baro?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Well…Uncle Jongwoon, let the twins explain because it’s really a long story. Let’s go now ok”

Sun Woo told Jongwoon. He stands up and follows Kibum upstairs.

“If Kyu is going to marry other woman then…how are we going to bring Kyu and Minnie together again? Aigoo! This is a major problem”

Jongwoon told his self. He stands up and sighs before going upstairs to follow Kibum and Sun Woo inside Sandeul’s room.

 

Meanwhile in Seoul, South Korea…

 

Sandeul was sitting on the computer chair while staring at Kibum’s computer.

“Did Baro already tell Key that I need to talk to him in Skype as in now?”

Sandeul asks his self while waiting for his twin brother to go online in Skype. Sandeul gets his bottle of strawberry milk that Ryeowook bought for him because the black soy milk that he loves most is already out of stock. Sandeul was about to takes a sip on his strawberry milk when he saw the video call request of Kibum.

“Finally!”

Sandeul puts down the bottle of strawberry milk on top of the desk and quickly answers the video call of his twin brother.

“Key, what took you so—“

Sandeul stops talking upon seeing Jongwoon sitting beside Kibum. Sun Woo waves his hand happily to Sandeul, but he just ignores him because Sandeul’s attention and eyes are only focused on Jongwoon.

“Un…un…Uncle Jongwoon”

Sandeul whispers. Jongwoon smiles and waves his hand happily.

“Hi Deullie! How are you honey? Are you having fun in Seoul?”

Jongwoon asks. Sandeul’s eyes widened. He can’t believe that Jongwoon already caught him and Kibum. Sandeul stares at Kibum, asking for an explanation.

“Uncle is so smart. He caught me. He already knows that I’m not you upon seeing me at the airport. But don’t worry because I already explain everything to him and he’s willing to help us”

Kibum told his twin brother happily. Sandeul smiles as he stares at Jongwoon who is also smiling at him.

“Thanks a lot uncle. Where’s mom? I miss her so much”

Sandeul told them.

“Umma is currently in New York for her work. She wouldn’t go home today because she will stay in our grandparents’ house. She will be back tomorrow. She’s fine, so don’t worry about her”

Kibum told Sandeul. He was about to ask about Kyuhyun when Sun Woo suddenly butts in.

“How about me my honey Deullie? Are you not going to ask how I am? I miss you so much, don’t you know that?”

Sun Woo told Sandeul .

“Yah! Will you please keep quiet for awhile? You can just talk to Deullie next time”

Kibum told Sun Woo who pouts at him.

“Fine”

Sun Woo told Kibum before smiling at Sandeul who also smiles at him.

“I miss you too Baro. Don’t worry about me because I’m fine. You see. Jonghyun is taking care of me and of course Aunt Wookie”

Sandeul told them. Jongwoon’s heart starts beating fast upon hearing Ryeowook’s name. He suddenly feels excited and he can’t understand why.

“Speaking of Aunt Wookie, where is she?”

Kibum asks. Sandeul shook his head.

“She was watching movies inside the family room when I went here in your room. I don’t know if she’s still there”

“Call her”

“What for?”

Sandeul asks. Kibum smiles before speaking.

“We’re going to introduce her to our Uncle Jongwoon, so they can already meet. We will just set them up in a date after we do our mission”

Kibum happily told Sandeul, making Jongwoon blush a little.

“If I call Aunt Wookie then she will find out that I’m not you”

“It’s ok. Let’s just tell her the truth. We can trust Aunt Wookie. I know that she will also help us and she will not tell our secret to appa”

“Sure?”

Sandeul asks. Kibum nods happily.

“Ok. I’ll call her. Just wait for a minute Uncle Jongwoon. I’m sure that you’re going to love Aunt Wookie because she’s really sweet, nice, lovely and very beautiful. Key and I think that you and Aunt Wookie will be a great couple and we want you to end up with her”

Sandeul happily told Jongwoon who just smiles at him. Sandeul was about to stand up when someone knocks on the door. Ryeowook went inside to check Sandeul.

“Why are you still awake? I told you not to wait for Oppa, right? Are you playing again? You should sleep now”

Ryeowook told Sandeul as she walks towards him.

“I’m not playing Aunt Wookie”

Sandeul told Ryeowook.

“Then what are you doing?”

Ryeowook asks. Sandeul was about to speak, but Ryeowook already stare at the monitor of Kibum’s computer. Jongwoon stares at her. His eyes are starting to get teary upon seeing the girl he loves most. Ryeowook didn’t notice him because her attention has been caught by a boy who looks exactly the same as Kibum. Ryeowook’s eyes widened as she focuses his eyes on Kibum.

“Hi Aunt Wookie! It’s me Key”

“KEY!!!”

Ryeowook shouts. She stares at the Kibum who is sitting on the computer chair while smiling at her and then to the Kibum who is waving happily at her on the computer.

“Key? Two Keys? Aigoo! What is happening here?”

Ryeowook asks as he keeps on staring at Kibum and then to Sandeul repeatedly.

“Aunt Wookie, please relax”

Sandeul told Ryeowook. He stands up and pulls a chair for Ryeowook.

“Please sit down”

Sandeul told Ryeowook who nods her head and sit on the chair. Sandeul goes back to his seat.

“The one that was inside the computer is Key and I’m Deullie”

Sandeul told Ryeowook, but it seems that she didn’t heard what he told her.

“AUNT WOOKIE!”

Kibum and Sandeul shout in unison to catch Ryeowook’s attention. They stare at her. Sun Woo also stare at Ryeowook who is looking at something. They notice Jongwoon staring at Ryeowook; they are staring at each other through the web cam.

“Hi Captain Kim. How are you?”

Ryeowook asks Jongwoon as tears start forming in her eyes. She feels happy to see Jongwoon again even though it’s just in a web cam. Her heart starts beating fast as she stares at the man she loves.

“I’m fine. How about you? It’s been twelve years and you still look the same though you mature a little. How are you my Miss Flight Attendant? Where are you working now?”

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook smiles at him, making him blush a little.

“Seoul Airways”

Ryeowook answers Jongwoon who notices the airplane necklace that Ryeowook was wearing around her neck.

“So, you’re still wearing it?”

Jongwoon asks.

“Wearing what?”

Ryeowook asks curiously. Jongwoon smiles that make Ryeowook’s heart jumps happily. Jongwoon points the necklace that Ryeowook was wearing; the airplane necklace that he gave him before.

“Ah…yes. I’m still wearing the necklace that you gave me”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon as she holds the airplane pendant.

“NECKLACE?”

Kibum, Sandeul and Sun Woo shout as they stare at Jongwoon and Ryeowook with confused expression.

“Wait a second…”

Sun Woo coughs softly.

“Uncle Jongwoon, do you know Key and Deullie honey’s Aunt Wookie?”

Sun Woo asks. Jongwoon and Ryeowook both nod their heads.

“Are you guys a couple before?”

Kibum asks with wide eyes open.

“NO!”

Jongwoon and Ryeowook shout in unison.

“Then what? How did you know each other?”

Sandeul asks curiously. Kibum and Sun Woo nod their heads as they stare at Jongwoon and Ryeowook who are still staring at each other.

“Ah…”

Jongwoon coughs softly.

“Well…of course we know each other because I’m Minnie’s best friend. Minnie becomes Kyu’s wife and Wookie is Kyu’s cousin. Wookie become a flight stewardess in our airline company and that’s why we know each other just before Kyu and Minnie get married”

Jongwoon explains. The kids nod their heads.

“Ah…I thought you become a couple. But then, we will set you up in a blind date”

Sandeul told Jongwoon and Ryeowook happily. Kibum and Sun Woo nod their heads in agreement.

“But anyway…care to explain what is happening here? I’m still confused”

Ryeowook told the twins. Kibum nods his head.

“Let me explain it to you Aunt Wookie. Deullie and I met in our summer camp in Sydney. We found out that we’re twins because I show him umma’s picture and he show me appa’s picture. So, we decided to switch places, so I can be with umma and Deullie can be with appa and because we plan to bring umma and appa back together”

Kibum explains. Ryeowook nods her head.

“Now, did you already find out the date for the wedding of appa to his ?”

Kibum asks. Ryeowook and Sandeul shook their heads.

“Then how are we supposed to stop it?”

Kibum asks. Ryeowook and Sandeul didn’t answer. Jongwoon looks at Kibum.

“Your dad is going to marry other woman?”

Jongwoon asks. Kibum and Sandeul nod sadly.

“Uncle…”

Kibum hugs Jongwoon.

“Please help us. We need to do everything to stop the wedding. Appa can’t marry that . He needs to see umma soon”

Kibum told Jongwoon.

“But how are we supposed to stop the wedding if we’re going in Okinawa? We’re leaving tomorrow”

“WHAT?”

Kibum and Sandeul shout in unison upon hearing Jongwoon.

“But uncle, that’s not how Deullie and I plan it. We supposed to bring umma and appa in Tokyo, Japan”

Kibum told Jongwoon who snaps his fingers happily.

“Let’s just put it this way. Maybe after Minnie meet her client in Okinawa, we can ask her to go with us in Tokyo and that’s where we will meet Deullie and Kyu. Is that ok?”

Jongwoon asks. The twins nod happily.

“But the problem is…”

Jongwoon sighs.

“You and Deullie should know first the exact date of the wedding of Kyu to his other woman”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

“That will be your assignment. You need to find out as soon as possible the exact wedding of Kyu to his other woman, so we can plan the meeting of Minnie and Kyu in Tokyo. Can you find it out tomorrow?”

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook who nods her head.

“Ok. I’ll talk to oppa and open up the topic about his wedding”

“Good. If you already find out about it, please contact us immediately”

Ryeowook and Sandeul nod their heads.

“So, let’s just talk to each other next time. Deullie and I need to go because Kyu oppa might arrive any minute. We will have a major problem if he caught us”

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

“Ok. You take care and of course Deullie. See you both soon”

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods happily.

“You take care as well Captain Kim”

Ryeowook smiles at Jongwoon before looking at Kibum.

“You behave and don’t give your mom and Captain Kim a hard time”

“Yes Aunt Wookie. I love you”

“I love you too. You take care”

Kibum nods.

“I miss you Baro. See you soon”

Sandeul told his best friend who smiles brightly at him. Kibum and Sandeul wave at each other before ending the video call. Sandeul was shock when Ryeowook suddenly hugs him tight.

“Aunt Wookie, is there something wrong?”

Sandeul asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

“Nothing. I just miss you and I’m happy that you’re here with us”

Ryeowook told Sandeul as she wipes her tears away. She’s happy to see Sandeul. She holds Sandeul’s beautiful face between her hands.

“Minnie unnie really raises you so well. You know what? Oppa and I are really longing for you. I’m sure that oppa will be very happy if he finds out that your Deullie”

“Please don’t tell him”

“Of course, it’s a secret. Just let him wonder why you’re acting a bit strange”

Sandeul and Ryeowook laugh softly.

“You sleep now ok”

“But I’m still waiting for dad”

“He will arrive late, so don’t wait for him”

Ryeowook told Sandeul who suddenly becomes sad.

“He’s always busy”

Sandeul whispers sadly.

“Deullie…”

Ryeowook cups Sandeul’s beautiful face.

“Don’t be sad. I’m sure that oppa will make it up to you”

“He’s busy with his . I’m not his priority and that’s why I hate him. I know it’s wrong to hate him, but…”

Sandeul hugs Ryeowook.

“It seems that dad is giving his more attention and time than me. Why will he marry her? How about mom? Does dad don’t love mom anymore?”

Sandeul asks as she starts crying. Ryeowook didn’t answer because she doesn’t know how to answer. She just sighs sadly and starts singing a sweet melody for Sandeul, hoping that she can make him stop from crying and ease his pain away because she really feels sad for Sandeul and of course for Kibum because she knows that they are having a hard time growing in a broken family and that’s why Ryeowook is hoping that someday, Kyuhyun and Sungmin can be together again and give their twins a happy and complete family.

~~~

It was already one thirty in the morning when Kyuhyun arrives at home.

“Hi oppa”

Kyuhyun stares at Ryeowook who is sitting at the living room while reading a book.

“Why are you still awake?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“I’m waiting for you”

“Why?”

Kyuhyun asks. Ryeowook closes the book that she’s reading. She puts it down beside her before standing up. Ryeowook walks towards her cousin and gets his doctor’s bag and lab gown away from his hand and puts it on the sofa before wrapping her hands around Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Want to have coffee with me in the kitchen?”

Ryeowook asks before dragging Kyuhyun with her inside the kitchen. She pushes Kyuhyun on one of the chairs before making coffee for both of them. Ryeowook carefully puts down two cup of coffees on the table; one for her and one for Kyuhyun. She pulls a chair and sits down.

“Why are you still awake?”

Kyuhyun asks his cousin again before taking a sip on his coffee.

“I told you that I’m waiting for you”

Ryeowook asks. Kyuhyun puts down the cup of coffee on the saucer.

“Why?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“I just want us to talk”

Ryeowook told her cousin before taking a sip on her coffee.

“Talk about what?”

Kyuhyun asks curiously. Ryeowook puts down her cup on the saucer and smiles at her cousin.

“About Key”

“What about Key?”

Kyuhyun asks.

“Oppa, I know that you’re busy. But please, find some time for your son. He was really sad awhile ago and he keeps on waiting for you until he falls asleep. He thinks that you’re giving your fiancée more time than him and you he’s thinking that you’re prioritizing your fiancée more than him”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun.

“Oppa, do you really need to marry Joo-hyun-shi?”

Ryeowook asks. Kyuhyun nods.

“Do you really love her?”

Ryeowook asks. Kyuhyun didn’t anwer.

“Key needs a mother”

Kyuhyun told Ryeowook who laughs softly.

“Key needs a mother, of course it’s true. But he doesn’t need a new mom. All he needs is Minnie unnie”

“WOOKIE!”

Ryeowook suddenly jumps when Kyuhyun shouts.

“Oppa, what the ? Why do you need to shout?”

Ryeowook asks while frowning.

“I don’t want to hear my ex-wife’s name!”

Kyuhyun told Ryeowook as he feels sad again. He doesn’t want to hear Sungmin’s name because he will end up thinking about her again and end up crying.

“You know that I don’t want to hear her name because I just keep on longing for her. You see…”

Kyuhyun sighs.

“Did you notice something different on Key?”

“Huh?”

“He’s acting so strange and really different”

“What do you mean?”

Ryeowook asks before taking a sip on her coffee.

“Try to observe him. You see. He acts a bit feminine. He’s so gentle and he never talks like an adult or mature. He always acts so cute. He pouts like Minnie and he often acts like her. He’s afraid of dog and Minnie is afraid of dog and the most shocking thing is…Key is speaking Japanese”

Kyuhyun told Ryeowook.

“And one more thing…he speaks during his sleep. I don’t remember Key speaking in his sleep”

Kyuhyun added. Ryeowook gulps nervously.

“Well…people can change and that also goes with Key. You see oppa. Key is growing up. Of course he will undergo some changes and beside…you’re always busy with your work and with your ”

“Wookie!”

Kyuhyun frowns at his cousin.

“What? I’m just telling you the truth! Your fiancée is a !”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun as she frowns at him.

“Key is studying Japanese. He enrolled his self in a Japanese class with Jonghyun. You know nothing because you’re always busy”

Ryeowook told Kyuhyun, making him sad and feel guilty for always being busy, forgetting about his son.

“Oppa…”

Ryeowook sighs.

“Why don’t you think about it first? You see. I’m not doing this because I hate her for you. I’m opposing you because I care about Key and I love him and of course you. I don’t want you to make a decision that will only make our situation worst and decision that you will regret someday. Oppa, do you really think that you can correct the mistake that you made before by doing another mistake?”

Ryeowook told her cousin.

“Oppa, Key doesn’t need a stepmom. He needs Minnie unnie. Why don’t you go in New York and look for Minnie unnie and Deullie? Why not look for them and find ways to bring back your family together instead of planning to marry your ?”

“I can no longer bring back my family again because I’m the one who ruin it. It’s already late Wookie. I can no longer fix it”

Kyuhyun told his cousin sadly. Ryeowook shook her head.

“It will be late if you will pursue the wedding and if you’re not going to do anything to bring your family back together”

“I don’t know Wookie…I really don’t know”

Kyuhyun sighs sadly. He takes a sip on his coffee and stands up.

“You go to sleep now”

Kyuhyun told Ryeowook. He gently pats his cousin’s cheek before leaving the kitchen. He went upstairs and goes inside his son’s room. He sits beside Sandeul who is sleeping peacefully.

“I’m sorry. I’ll just make it up to you tomorrow”

Kyuhyun told his sleeping son while his hair gently.

“Mom…mom”

Sandeul starts speaking in his sleep again. Kyuhyun stares at him. He was shock to see his son crying in his sleep.

“Honey…”

Kyuhyun starts shaking Sandeul, waking him up.

“Honey, wake up”

Kyuhyun continues waking Sandeul.

“Dad”

Sandeul stares at his father who is staring at him worriedly.

“Honey, why are you crying in your sleep? Did you have a nightmare?”

Kyuhyun asks. Sandeul sits on the bed and hugs his father.

“Dad…I miss mom. I want to be with her. I miss mom. Let’s go to mom. I want mom”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun as he starts crying softly. Kyuhyun hugs his son and starts rubbing Sandeul’s back gently.

“Shhhh…stop crying honey”

“I want mom. I miss her”

Sandeul told his father. He looks at him.

“Dad, please…let’s go to mom. I want mom”

Sandeul told Kyuhyun who stares at him sadly.

“Shhhh. Stop crying now ok. We will go to mom. We will look for her ok, so stop crying now honey. Appa is already worried about you. I don’t want to see you crying. Stop now honey”

Kyuhyun told his son as he wipes Sandeul’s tears away.

“Let’s sleep now ok”

“I want mom”

“Yes honey. We will go to mom, so stop crying now”

Kyuhyun stands up and carries his son on his arms. Sandeul wraps his arms around his father’s neck.

“Shhhh…stop crying now honey. I love you and mom also loves you. Stop crying. I’m here. I won’t leave you”

Kyuhyun told his son. He starts dancing slowly to put his son back to sleep. He sings a lullaby for his son while rubbing his back gently. Sandeul feels calm while listening to Kyuhyun’s voice. He rests his head on his father’s shoulder and slowly closes his eyes to go back to sleep. Kyuhyun went out from Kibum’s room and go inside his own room. He walks towards his bed and carefully laid his sleeping son on the soft mattress. Kyuhyun sits beside Sandeul and stares at him sadly.

“I’m sorry honey. You’re having a hard time because of me. Please don’t cry again ok. We’re going to look for your mom and of course for your twin brother. Sleep tight. I’ll just make it up to you later when you wake up in the morning. I won’t go to work. I’ll just spend my time with you. I love you honey”

Kyuhyun whispers to his sleeping son. He softly kisses Sandeul’s forehead. He gets his mobile phone inside his pocket and stares at his wallpaper.

“See you soon baby. I love you”

Kyuhyun told the picture of his ex-wife. He softly kisses the screen of his mobile phone and puts it under his pillow. He stares at Sandeul.

“You always remind me of Minnie. Seriously, I really think that you’re Key. You’re Deullie, right? I can feel it. Key doesn’t act like that. But how will I know if you’re Deullie?”

Kyuhyun sighs.

“I don’t even know how Minnie raises Deullie. Maybe Wookie is right. I’m just busy with my work and with Joo-hyun, forgetting about you and that’s why I didn’t notice the changes in you as you grow up and maybe I’m just longing for Deullie, that’s why. But still…”

Kyuhyun holds his heart.

“My heart keeps on telling me that you’re not Key. But then…”

Kyuhyun sighs.

“I’m confused now. Just sleep peacefully ok. I love you”

Kyuhyun told his sleeping son. He softly kisses Sandeul’s forehead before standing up. He stares at Sandeul for the meantime, hoping that he can find some clue that will prove that his instinct is correct; that the twin that was with him is Sandeul and not Kibum. But he can’t find any clue.

“Maybe…I’m just really longing for my other son. I hope I can see him again and become a good father to him and of course to Key”

Kyuhyun whispers sadly. He takes a deep breath and stares at Sandeul for the last time before going inside the bathroom to take a warm shower.