Confession

Petals of the rose

Ji Eun was tossing and turning in her bed, imagining all the different scenarios that would happen tomorrow. She secretly hoped that her confession will have a pleasant surprise. She did not know how she will react tomorrow if she gets rejected. Will she cry? Will she run away? Will she manage to fake a smile? She didn’t know.

The day finally arrived. She did not really sleep well. After checking herself in the mirror for the last time, she straightened her skirt and blouse. Tightening her hair tie, she managed a nervous smile before leaving the house. “ How will he react?” She couldn’t help but to think about it. Tripping on a small pebble on the road, she nearly fell to the ground.

“Is that a bad omen?” She thought to herself as she continued her way to school. Entering the school gates, she spotted Myung Soo. Following closely behind him, Ji Eun felt her heart skipped a beat as her palms started to turn sweaty. There seemed to be butterflies in her stomach too. She quickened her steps in order to catch up with him.

Suddenly, the footsteps halted. He turned around and stared at Ji Eun who stopped too.

“ Ji Eun? Why are you following me?” He said and raised one of his eyebrows.

“Lee Ji eun, fighting! Get this over and done with!” She encouraged herself mentally. With a slight boost of confidence, Ji Eun took a deep breath and looked up. Staring straight into those cold eyes, she spoke, “ Kim Myung Soo, I think i… I like you.”

Those words finally got off her chest. She felt a sense of relief. The eye contact was still not broken. He looked at her expressionlessly. He did not speak nor did he reject right away. No response to sum it up. Ji Eun felt him moving closer to her. She was shocked by his move but she just stood there. Her heart pumped faster with every passing seconds.

Another centimeter he move closer to her, Ji eun thought she would faint on the spot. He placed his hand at the back of Ji Eun’s neck and the next moment, his lips touched hers. Ji Eun opened her eyes really wide. She was utterly shocked by his actions but she did not break away. After a few seconds which felt like eternity to Ji Eun, he broke the kiss.

“I think I got my answer.” He said simply and smirked. Ji Eun got back to her senses as she placed her hands on top of her lips.

“Did he just… kiss me?” She questioned in her mind. Ji Eun was dumbfounded. It was not going according to her plan. He was supposed to reject her and she was supposed to be crying and getting over him. With a blank face, Ji Eun turned around and ran away. She did not know how to react or respond. Everything was out of control, including her emotions.

Looking at the lost girl, Myung Soo smiled to himself as he wiped his lips lightly. Ji Eun ran for some distance and ended up on a bench. She felt her heart beating even faster than before. This is insane, everything is not going as planned.

“What did he mean by ‘I think I got my answer’?” Ji Eun frowned as she thought about it. As she recalled the scene which just happened, Ji Eun felt her cheeks burning. She placed both her hands on her cheeks in an attempt to calm herself down. She did not know how to face him at the moment so Ji Eun decided to call the teacher and lie that she is sick.

“Hello, is this Miss Lee? I am Lee Ji Eun. Today, I am down with a flu so I will be absent. Sorry.” Ji Eun lied over the phone.

“Okay. I will take note. Rest well and eat medicine.” The teacher replied in a concerned tone.

Ji Eun kept her phone in her bag and left school hastily. This was her first time skipping school and Ji Eun made a mental note to make it the last. Walking on the streets, Ji Eun plugged in her ear piece, hoping to keep her mind off the incident. As she passed by, she heard some cries causing her to turn into the alley.

She saw a little girl kneeling beside a woman who seemed to be unconscious. Ji Eun walked over and looked at the shabby looking little girl. Her hair was all over the place and her clothes were torn and tattered. She squatted down to her level and wiped her tears off her dirty face.

“Mama!~ Wake up!” The little girl cried as she shook her mother.

“Little girl, don’t cry. What happened?” Ji Eun asked in a worried tone as she supported the girl’s mother up from the ground. Her mother’s eyes were shut and her body felt cold, clammy and rigid. “ Don’t tell me she is…. Dead?” Ji Eun thought to herself as she placed her finger close to her nose. There was no breathing.

“Girl… I think your mother has… has… passed away?” Ji Eun broke the harsh news to the little girl.

“No! No! You liar. My mum is not dead. She is just sleeping. Sleeping! You bad person, go away! Go away!” The little girl screamed and pushed Ji Eun away in an attempt to snatch her mother back. With tears flowing endlessly, the girl continued to shook her mother. Looking at the poor girl, Ji Eun was reminded of herself when she was young. If she just leave, the poor girl will grow up alone like her.

“Mummy, I am hungry. Wake up and let’s go ask from food from the pork restaurant. Let’s go! Wake up mama!” The little girl shouted in her kiddy voice. Ji Eun felt a squeeze in her heart as the little girl screamed and cried. She reached for her pocket and removed her bottle of rose once again. Looking back at the little girl whose voice turned hoarse and is still crying and back at the bottle of rose, Ji Eun made her decision.

She whispered, “ Revive her mother.” At the same instant, a white flash surrounded her mother. A petal of the rose fell off. After some time, Ji Eun looked at the mother’s face, waiting for any response. Slowly, her face seemed to less pale. She then opened her eyes slowly and held out her hand to her daughter.

“Don’t cry. I am here. I am fine.” She flashed her cute daughter a weak smile as those words escaped her trembling lips. Looking at her daughter’s shocked look, Ji Eun knew she had to erase her memory. Holding up the bottle again, she said, “ Forget about what you saw.” As the little girl was not under her previous spell, she would still remember what she saw. Thus, there was a need to erase her memory.

Another petal fell as the spell was casted to erase the girl's memory.Then, Ji Eun smiled at the mother and daughter who were hugging onto each other tightly. A tear slid down her cheek as she stood up and left the alley. “amam, where are you?” She thought to herself as she looked up into the sky. Unknown to her, all her actions were seen by a group of girls. They are the queenkas of Ji Eun’s school. At the same time, they are fans of Myung Soo and are jealous of Ji Eun who seemed to gain special attention from L. They are always late for school but the teachers always let things slide. After all, the leader of the group is the chairman’s daughter.

“Did…did you.. see that?!” One of them stuttered.

“Yes. Nice. So that knows black magic. No wonder she managed to seduce our Myung Soo.” Another of them said in a disapproving tone.

“She is that top scorer in our school, Lee Ji Eun. Let’s expose her little secret and get her kicked out of school.” Another one of them suggested.

“No. Let’s wait for a while more until we get more concrete evidence. We must make sure that she is doomed.” The leader of the group said and smirked.

 

 Author's Note:
How is the new chapter?:D
Sorry for late update:X Comment/subscribe? :)