Accident

Petals of the rose

The weekends were over and it was another dreadful school day. Ji Eun had gone home, treated her wound and tied it firmly with a roller bandage. She rolled many layers, ensuring her blood would not seep through. With a bandage on her arm, she slung her bag on the other side of her shoulder and headed to school. “Did you see L oppa today? He is injured. I wonder which idiot did that to him! “One of the fan girls said in an upset tone.

Hearing what she said, Ji Eun could not help but recall the soft “Thanks” he said. Unknowingly, Ji Eun stepped onto her undone shoe lace and fell forward. Then, she felt herself bang into something. IT wasn’t the cold floor. It was a person. Someone broke her fall and she was in the person’s chest. At the moment, Ji Eun heard girls’ distraught screams from the surrounding.

She looked up and saw that perfect face. It was him. She was stunned for a moment and wriggled out of his embrace. She quickly muttered a soft apology and thank you before turning around. “That was totally embarrassing!” Ji Eun thought to herself as she walked away with quick steps. L looked at the silly girl who left and smirked. “That was kinda cute?” He thought.

Throughout the day, Ji Eun was reprimanded by fan girls all over the school. “OH MY GOD! Did you see what happened today? That girl hugged L oppa!” One of the fan girls screamed with her high-pitched voice. “I am SOOO jealous!!!” Another said and pouted. Ji Eun earned more stares than before. However, as usual she did not care about them. If those words were knifes and their stares were daggers, Ji Eun would probably be beyond recognition at the end of the day.

L had noticed the bandage Ji Eun wore to school. During the last lesson, L could not help but stare. Ji Eun realised someone staring and looked up from her work. “Why are you staring?” She asked. “Staring is looking for an extremely long period. So actually to be exact, I am looking.” L said in a cool tone. Ji Eun rolled her eyes and ignored him. “That was lame.” She thought to herself. “R…i…n…g…” The school bell went off loudly.

“YAYY! Finally, school is over! ~” One of the students said as he stood up and stretched. Ji Eun looked at her watch. “There is still slightly more time. My work starts later today so I can finish my work in class before I go for work.” Ji Eun thought to herself. She put on her earpiece and took out a pen. Within minutes, she was halfway through her work already. Unknown to her, L was still sitting on his seat staring at her.

“This is interesting. How can she do them so fast but still get them correct?” L thought to himself as he folded his arms and lean back. After some time, Ji Eun was done with her work already. She started packing up and was ready to leave. Standing up, she realised that L was still around. Removing one side of her earpiece, she asked him, “Why are you not going home?”  “I like the classroom.” He said in a cold tone. “That was a totally not funny joke.” She thought to herself.

Ji Eun managed a quick wave before taking her leave. She stole a glimpse at her watch again to make sure that she will not be late. Dropping by the convenience shop, she bought a sandwich and left hurriedly for work. After gobbling down her food, she entered her workplace. “Hi. I am here. “ She said with a smile to the lady boss. “Oh. You are punctual. Get changed and help out.” She replied. “Yes. I will be fast.” Ji Eun said as she walked to the staff room.

Time passed super slowly at work, especially when there was no customer. Seconds seemed to be crawling when the shop was vacant and Ji Eun had to find things to do like cleaning the table to make it seem like she is not slacking. Today was no different from the others apart from the fact that her wound hurts a little when she carried the tray. Finally, it was time to knock off. “Here you go, my dear.” The lady boss told her and gave her a pat on her back as she handed her an envelope. “Thank you!” Ji Eun said as she accepted the envelope with both hands.

Today was pay day. She smiled happily at herself as she hopped her way home. When she reached home, she knocked on her neighbour’s door. A slightly obese lady opened the door. “Hello, I am here to pay for my rental.” Ji Eun bowed and said. The lady smiled and accepted the rental gladly. “Okay, have a good night.” The lady said before closing the door.

Ji Eun took out her key and entered her rented apartment. The apartment was a decent one. Although it is kind of small and packed, it is relatively neat and clean. Most importantly, the lady from before charged her at a cheap rate when she knew that her parents were no longer around. She treated her nicely too. Closing the door behind her, Ji Eun left her bag on the table and collapsed onto the sofa.

“Today was really tiring.” She said to herself. Settling herself comfortably in the sofa, Ji Eun’s eyes drifted and landed on the stars in the night sky. “ They are really pretty. I wonder if the stars are near “eavhen” where “apap” and “amam” are…” She thought to herself. Sometimes, she would think to herself why she is the sole survivor of the UFO crash. Is it a blessing or a torment? She did not know. Closing her eyes slowly, a tear slipped out and landed on the sofa.

Author's note:
Sorry for a shorter chapter update :X ! Hope you like it still :D Please comment/ sub if you like it <3 It will spur me on to write better !