Decision

Petals of the rose

“I guess I have to do something about this before these feelings get out of hand.” Ji Eun thought to herself. She had decided to avoid Kim Myung Soo at all costs. In this way, she will forget about him bit by bit (Hopefully). She cannot and must not fall in love with him. The reason is simple, she is an alien and he is a human. This is a sad but clear distinction which cannot be changed. She must not be found out and the only way is to give up on him.

Apart from the close encounter when they sit beside one another during lessons, Ji Eun avoided him. She tried her best not to look at him. She also refrained from talking to him, even stopping her morning greetings. She felt tortured. It was painful. She had to suppress her feelings for him. Finally, she felt her heart not beat as fast when she sat beside him. It was possibly because she did not look at him also.  Myung Soo had noticed the change of attitude Ji Eun had for him too. It was that obvious.

After a few days…

Ji Eun was walking on the corridor, carrying her books in her hands. It is the 5th day she did not talk to Myung Soo. Yes, she had been counting although she was not supposed to. She looked up to see if she reached her class. To her surprise, she saw Myung soo walking towards her direction.

“Crap. Now what?” She thought to herself.

Ji eun turned around slowly, hoping he did not notice her.

“Lee Ji Eun.” L called out to her from behind.

Hearing those steps closing up on her, Ji Eun felt her heart beating faster again. Her efforts had gone to waste. She was still not immune. Hearing the shuffling of footsteps stop, Ji Eun turned around and smiled. She was trying to pretend that everything was fine.

“Yes?” She asked innocently.

“I am just curious. Are you… avoiding me?” L asked as he looked straight into her eyes, like before.

“How can this guy be so straight forward? And why is he so near to my face!” Ji Eun cursed mentally. She was stunned for a moment and was desperately trying to squeeze her brain to get an intelligent answer out of .

“No! Obviously not. Haha, why would I be…” Ji Eun lied, looking away.

“Oh. I see. Bye~ You can get going…” L waved and smirked.

Ji Eun walked past him and heaved a sigh of relief.

“Ji Eun-ah.” L called again.

“Huh?” Ji eun turned around as she held her breath for a moment.

“You were heading towards there just now.” L pointed to the opposite direction you were heading.

“Oh. I forgot.” Ji Eun scratched her head shyly and walked quickly away.

“Oh my god. What was I doing?!” Ji Eun scolded herself mentally.

“Hehes, she is so cute.” L thought to himself as he placed his hands in his pocket and left.

After walking some distance, Ji Eun went to a bench and sat down, putting the books on her lap. Placing her hand across her heart, she felt it pumping faster and faster. This is crazy. Unknowingly, Ji eun was recalling the scene from before. She felt her cheeks burn as she came back to reality.

“Aish. Seriously! Why am I behaving like this now?!” She thought to herself.

“OH! I have to go back to class and get my bag. I will be late for work!” Ji Eun jumped off the bench and ran back to class. Passing by a corridor, she spotted Myung Soo and a cute girl. She stopped and hid behind the wall.

“I am just curious.” Ji Eun thought to herself, reassuring that she was not doing something bad like eavesdropping.

“Myung Soo oppa… I have been having a crush on you for 2 years. I really like you a lot!” The cute girl said with a sweet smile. She blushed with a tint of red on her cheeks and looked down, playing with her fingers.

“I am sorry. I am not interested in you.” Myung Soo said in a cold manner and walked off. The girl fell to the ground with tears spilling out of her eyes.

“Oh. Poor kid. But I guess it is better. She will soon forget him and spare herself from the torture of one sided love, I guess?” She thought to herself as she walked off from her hiding place. Then, a thought struck Ji Eun!

“If… I confess to Myung Soo, he will probably reject me just like the girl from before! Then, I will get over him completely and get out of this pain I am in now? So… The plan is to confess. Get rejected. Cry like mad. Forget him. And get on with my normal life. This sounds painful but I guess it is the only option out now…” Ji Eun thought to herself. At the thought of being rejected, Ji Eun felt slightly dejected. However, it is the best solution to the circumstance she is in currently.

She loved but she couldn't love. A one-time pain is better than a lingering one after all. Tomorrow will be the day, she decided.

 

 Author's Note:

How is the new chapter??:D Ji Eun has finally decided to confess. She knew she would be rejected but she is still going to do it anyways. How will Myung Soo react? Make a guess?^^ Thanks for reading! Sub/comment?:)