Attraction

Petals of the rose

-Author's Note-

Hello readers!(: On Altimisso( The real name of Lee Ji Eun)'s planet, her language is the scrambled up version of english spoke by human. Eg. APAP Means PAPA on Earth However, some words spoke on the planet are same as Earth's.  Hope you enjoy ! (: Do comment/ Sub if you like it :D

 

 

Lee Ji Eun, a 16 years old who is currently studying as a high school student. However, she is not a normal girl. She is an alien from another planet. Also, she is not on some “destroy the planet” mission. She is just stranded.  

*FLASHBACK to 10 years back*

That night was just like every night. It was silent and peaceful. However, there was a vehicle carrying three other planet species flying past Earth. It is what humans call UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). Some part in the UFO went hay wired and the UFO was sent wobbling down. It flew for some distance and started to decelerate steadily before it crashed into the Earth matter.

The UFO was totally ruined. After some time, a little girl who was of an age 6 at that time, climbed out. “Amam, Apap! Come out ~” The little girl screamed. She held onto her mother’s hands and tried pulling her but to no avail. “ Altimisso, we cannot escape already. We are stuck. This is going to explode in no time. Just go. We have to disappear this before the humans find out. Live well. “ Her mum pushed her little hands with the remaining energy left in her.

“Go away. Remember that we love you.” Her dad said. The little girl stood there shaking her head vigorously . She then took out a small bottle with a rose in it. “Get my apap amam out !” The little girl screamed and held the bottle up in the air. Brilliant colours origniated from the bottle and surrounded the UFO. It stayed there for seconds and disappeared into thin air.

It is not working. “Go. Don’t waste your powers. It won’t work. We can’t save our own people’s lives. Please. Altimisso, just leave. Make us disappear before we get discovered by the humans. By then our planet will be in danger. Altimisso! Do it. Now~” The woman trapped in the UFO said in a soft voice as a tear escaped her eyes. Blue fluid was flowing out vigorously from her parents’ wounds as they became weaker by seconds. Sparks escaped from the back of the UFO. An explosion was about to occur.

“Altimisso. Do it, for the sake of our people. “ Her dad shouted at the little girl who just stood there crying. There was no other option out. She has to do it. She held up the bottle again with trembling hands. “Va-vanish.” She muttered under her breath and closed her eyes. Lights shone and blinded her. A teardrop rolled down her puffy cheeks.

She slowly opened her eyes, hoping that everything was merely a dream. With trembling lips she screamed,” APAP! AMAM! Don’t leave Altimisso behind… APAP!AMAM!” The little girl ran forward to where the UFO previously was. The UFO and her parents entered the 4-Dimensional world and disappeared forever. “APAP! AMAM!” The little girl fell to the ground and sobbed her heart out.Two petals fell form the rose, slowly floated through the air and landed at the bottom of the glass bottle.

Years later, the little girl was found and sent to the Orphanage. When she was found, she was in a daze. She refused to speak. “Little girl, what is your name?” A woman said with a smile. Altimisso merely shook her head. “You don’t have a name? Poor kid. Shall I call you Lee Ji Eun from now on?” She continued. Altimisso didn’t respond. Thereafter, she was known as Lee Ji Eun instead of Altimisso. Initially she could only speak a little human language, English mainly. This is because her planet’s language has some similar words.

However as time goes by, She was taught how to speak like a human fluently. She was raised as a human. Sometimes, even she couldn’t remember that she is not part of the human race. The glass bottle with a small rose in it was the only indicator and reminder to her. No one from the alien race came to get her. They probably thought that her family and her migrated to another planet. It was common in her planet. She was left all alone to grow up in an unfamiliar environment.

She was not discovered as her planet race has not much difference from humans. Apart from the fluid she has flowing in her body being blue and that she has powers, everything else was the same. She eats normal human food, she sleeps normally and she moves about normally. She didn’t understand why the humans pictured aliens looking so hideous and all. Sometimes she suspect whether they really saw one before.

It seemed like the humans really hated aliens. The movies are the proof. All aliens are trying to steal electricity, gold or other raw materials from Earth. “Aliens don’t do that. We have them too and we don’t steal. “ She always thinks to herself while watching. She loved watching Alien shows despite the inaccurate information. This is because she thought that maybe from the movies she will find some resemblance to her planet. That was the only way she felt that she is still linked to them.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Now, she speaks fluent English, even better than humans. “This is the last year of high school.” Lee Ji Eun thought to herself.  She walked to the seat at the back of the class and sat down. There were murmurings in the class but she ignored and put her earpiece on. She liked being in her own world. Not that she despised humans but she didn’t really like mixing around with them. She felt unsafe. She didn’t want to get discovered and sent to some lab for testing.

“Do you know after the class reshuffling whether there is any hot guys coming to our class?!” A girl who was touching up her make-up asked. “ L is coming to our class!!!” The girl who was combing her hair screamed with her high pitched voice. “Really?!” The girl put down her lip gloss and opened her eyes really big. “Yes. Inside information. Hehes. “ The girl removed her comb from her hair and whispered.

Another thing she couldn’t understand apart from the Aliens issue was why the girls turn crazy when they see guys. They always act as if the guy in front of them was some endangered animal. She still can’t understand. “Oh! He is here !! “ One of the girls screamed and straightened her uniform. “ L oppa!! Come and sit with me! The seat is empty!” One of the girls jumped up and down and screamed. “ L oppa! ~ choose me !” Another girl waved frantically to the handsome guy who just entered the class.

The guy rolled his eyes and just walked past the girls. He walked from the front of the class to the back and sat down. There were not many seats left behind. All seats were only left with one seat and the table mate are all girls. Suddenly, Lee Ji Eun felt someone’s bag knocked into her elbow slightly. She pulled off her earpiece and looked up to give a stare. She hated when people touched her. However, her stare turned into a gaze. The guy before her looked really beautiful. He was really handsome. All the features were so well defined and those eyes were glistening.

The guy merely sat down and put his head on the table. It was then that Lee Ji Eun realised what she had just done. She was staring at a guy like nobody’s business. Ji Eun shook her head slightly and thought, “ Oh my. What did I just do? I was attracted to the guy. I must be crazy. I mustn’t like him. Never. I better keep my distance from him. I am different from…” Ji Eun thought but her eyes slowly landed on his back view.

“Oh. Crap. Lee Ji Eun what the heck are you doing?! Stop. Concentrate. “ Ji Eun closed her eyes and reassure herself. “ OH MY. Did you just see that?! L oppa sat beside another girl. Why?! There are still so many other empty seats beside other girls. Why choose her? Hmmps. Unfair!” One of the girls rolled her eyes and said in disgust. “ Gah. Stupid. How can he not sit with me when I was already waving to him?” Another girl said unhappily before storming off to her seat.