02 ▪ sweet words sweet sorry

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You headed your way to the Design Department, turning left in the corridor you saw the staffs working on their respective tables. You walk silently to not disturb them on their work. But some still heard your footsteps coming towards their boss office, glancing in your way with confusion in their eyes. Some keep their gaze in front of the computer screen, too engrossed on their work.

 

You usually come during lunch break so majority of them won’t see you with Baekhyun for a reason that you don’t want to hear them talking about your relationship with your boyfriend. You know that some of them will talk negatively about you since Baekhyun is a very likeable man, it’s impossible if more than half of the female staffs doesn’t have a crush on him.

 

You lift your wrist to look for the time on your watch. It’s already 1:30 in the afternoon, lunch break is already over so that’s why they are all here for work. You just sigh because Baekhyun must still be working without having any food to eat. That guy is so stubborn, he doesn’t care if he’s too hungry, he won’t eat until he finished his work. You bow a little to those who are still staring at you, shifting your gaze in front when you’re already few steps away to your destination.

 

You knocked on the glass door using your left hand since the other one is carrying the paper bag. You frowned when you haven’t heard anything from the other side. The last time you went here, Baekhyun’s secretary is fast enough to open the door for you. You knock again but no one open the door for you. You sigh and turn the doorknob, trying to check if the door is open so you can enter, you just hope there aren’t any important guests inside Baekhyun’s office. You don’t want to be in an awkward situation.

 

You peek inside the room, turning your eyes around the room and saw nothing but its usual setting. You step inside and closed the door silently behind you. You walk into the square table and put the paper bag on the surface. You look into the other door, where Baekhyun’s office is. This is just a little room for guest and for his secretary. You look in the desk and saw a beige colored bag sitting on the swivel chair. So his secretary is present? Maybe she’s inside his office.

 

There’s suddenly a breaking of glass that break the silence in the room. You immediately run towards Baekhyun’s office where the sound came. You hesitate to go inside because you don’t know who is baekhyun talking to but nervousness started to build inside of you.

 

“You’re fired! Get out of here!” you heard baekhyun’s angry voice shouting inside his office.

 

The door suddenly open and you saw a long black haired girl moving out from Baekhyun’s office, her gaze landed at you, her face looking dejected and tears falling from her eyes. She closed the door and quickly moved towards her desk, collecting all her things to put inside her bag. You followed her to ask what’s wrong which you already have an idea.

 

“Are you Mr. Byun’s girlfriend? He’s waiting for you.” She said between her sobs. You can’t help but feel pity on her. You remembered that she’s not the same secretary you saw last month you went here. Did Baekhyun also fire that one?

 

“What happened? Are you okay?” you asked and she nodded.

 

“I brought the papers late to Mr. Byun. He got really mad that he fired me now. He was so scary. I have no job anymore.” She explained while catching her breath, eyes and cheeks still wet from her tears.

 

You rub gently on her back to comfort her. “Don’t worry, I’ll talk to Baekhyun. Maybe he’ll reconsider not firing you.” You reassure her and you just heard a sniff from her. “Did you have lunch already?” she shake her head and said no.

 

“Okay. You should eat first okay? Your eyeliner is now smudged on your cheeks. You’re too pretty so freshen up. I’ll try talking to Baekhyun, maybe he’s just too stressed, don’t worry.” She carries her bag and you smiled when she stopped her sobs.

 

“Thank you Miss. I’ll go now.” You just nodded when she headed her way to go outside the room. You emit a long sigh and walk inside Baekhyun’s office. You know you can convince him if he’s already calm.

 

A gasp escape from your mouth when you saw shattered glass and furniture on the ground. Papers are also on the floor and some documents scattered all over the desk. You shift your gaze to your boyfriend facing the computer screen with frown on his face. You know that look, he is angry. Not just angry, but really mad. He doesn’t even heard your light steps walking towards him, it’s like he’s thinking something too deeply.

 

“Hey.” You wrap your arms around his shoulder making him freeze. He suddenly relax when he smell that familiar perfume you’re wearing. He sighed and shifts his gaze from the screen into your worried eyes.

 

“I’ll clean the office. I’m too mad right now princess, please just get out.” Your arms unwrap from his shoulder when you heard these words from him. You thought you already made him calm. He stands and moves to gather the jumble documents on his desk.

 

“You should’ve been careful on what you do, there are shattered glasses on the ground. What if you hurt yourself?” you asked him but he just ignored your words, doesn’t seem to want to talk to you.

 

“Baekhyun.” You called him in a tender voice.

 

“I said get out, I don’t want us to fight over this. I already fired that worthless secretary, You’re not going to convince me to let her get the job again. She’s worthless, she can’t do her job right. I heard you talking to her so just get out.” He yelled at you. You can feel like your heart got stabbed by his words but you want to understand him. You know that he get mad at things like this. He’s too dedicated to his work. You don’t talk about his job with him a lot though.

 

You move toward him, reaching out to cup his cheeks on your hands but you feel downhearted when he slapped your hand away. Your feet stumbled a few steps behind making your feet slip from your heels. You felt pain in your right foot, looking down and saw a blood on the glass that cut your heel. You groaned and shift your gaze to Baekhyun. A scoff escape from your mouth when you saw his back, facing the other side of the room. You expected a worried gaze and apology from him for making you stumble and hurting yourself but he doesn’t seem to see the blood on your foot.

 

“Just get out.” He repeated and that made you snapped.

 

“Fine. you Baekhyun.” You yelled and swiftly left his office, whimpering from the pain on your right foot. You sit in the couch outside and set your feet on the surface on the square table. A tear escape from your left eye, quickly wiping it away.

 

“Baekhyun, what’s happening to you?” You whispered to yourself and the tears continue to fall, not minding to wipe it anymore.

 

 

 

You felt something weird on your foot that made you open your eyes immediately, your eyes turning around to check the room, not remembering where you are right now. Shifting your gaze in front, you saw a hand wrapping a bandage on your right foot. You sit up from lying on the couch, moving your elbows below you to support the weight of your upper body.

 

“Just stay still.” Baekhyun tells you while wrapping a gauze on the heel of your foot. You whimpered when you felt pain on that part.

 

“Does it hurt? Sorry.” You just stare at Baekhyun, looking into his dark brown orbs and into his thin lips. You really want to kiss him right now but you remember that the two of you just fought a while ago.

 

“What are you doing?” he shifted his gaze from treating your wound to your eyes when he heard your hoarse voice.

 

“Treating your wound. You should’ve told me earlier that you got cut your foot. I only noticed this when I saw you lying here. I saw dry blood in your foot, of course this need to be healed.” He explained.

 

“It’s only a cut, not a big wound. I can just wash it” You pout when he continued wrapping that gauze. “You’re overreacting.” He just ignored you, already cutting the tape to secure the gauze in your foot.

 

“Done.” You heard him said as he massage your lower leg that’s still lying on his thighs.

 

“How many hours did I sleep?”

 

“Less than an hour. 45 minutes I think. And it’s not overreacting, I did this to you. I’m such a jerk. I’m so sorry.” He gently squeezes your thigh as he answered your question.

 

Lifting your upper body up and shifting your legs down from his thigh, landing your feet into the ground. You sit up completely and move beside Baekhyun, you cup his cheeks and gaze softly at him.

 

“You’re not a jerk. Just a very angry man that can’t control

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter