09 ▪ unexpected night

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You felt the cold floor in your bare feet making you shiver while looking in front of the mirror to check your reflection. The long red gown fits your body perfectly. You just feel a little uncomfortable with your exposed upper chest. A smile formed in your lips when you remember wearing this gown the first time and Baekhyun’s hand just started touching you everywhere. Well, your effect on him is really strong.

 

Tonight excites you a lot since you’re attending the piano event where your college friend will be performing. You’re so thankful that he invited you since Baekhyun likes piano too. You remember when Mrs. Byun also showed you some photos of Baekhyun sitting in front of a piano, playing the instrument with a smile on his face. It is really a beautiful photo. You only saw him playing once when he told you he likes you. That moment is just so romantic when you also confessed your feelings to him. The first time you felt your heart squeezing in a good way. Yes, it’s weird. But you like that feeling.

 

You still haven’t finish applying your make up yet when you heard the doorbell rings. Your head turning sidewards to look at the wall clock in your room. Baekhyun is ten minutes early. You put down the makeup brush and headed your way to the front door. You shiver once again as you felt the cold floor since you’re not wearing your heels yet.

 

“Gorgeous.” his sweet voice complimenting you is the first word you heard after opening the door. You grin and cross your arm in front of your chest. You gaze starting from his black leather shoes up to his black slacks until his black turtleneck under a long thick coat. Damn. He is the gorgeous one between the two of you.

 

“You’re not that bad.” You smile smugly. He rolled his eyes at what you said.

 

“I just complimented you darling and that’s only what you got to say for my outfit?” he quirks his brows and quickly step inside. He closed the door behind him and pulled your body, your palms resting on his strong chest.  You took a deep breath as you felt his soft lips close enough to your neck. Now you’re not shivering anymore from the cold because of the warmth Baekhyun sending to you.

 

 

“Vanilla. I love your scent.” Baekhyun pulled you closer, your arms dropping at your side. You can feel his breath on your neck making you feel your knees weaken. Your heart beating faster inside your chest, you hope Baekhyun isn’t hearing it.

 

“I still need to do my makeup Baekhyun.” You whisper. He just places a kiss on the side of your neck as a reply. You tremble when he moves his soft lips downwards.

 

“Do you mind if I gave you another hickey, baby?” you immediately push him away. He only chuckles when he saw the glare from you. “I am joking okay. You’re just too beautiful I can’t help myself.” He smiles like an innocent puppy. You whimpered. Why is he so cute?

 

“I need to finish my make-up.” You turn you back at him and headed inside your bedroom. You sit in front of the mirror again. Lifting up the brush to continue what you left earlier. You heard footsteps towards the room. You can see Baekhyun sits on the bed with his eyes focused on his phone through the mirror. You heave a sigh and continued applying make-up. There’s only about eight minutes left so have to do this fast. Light make-up is usually your style so you just decided to put some foundation, light eyeshadow but you apply red shade on your lips since it suits the gown you’re wearing. You smile in content after and just let your long hair fall straight until your mid-back.

 

Your eyes shift from the mirror to your phone when you heard it ring. You saw the caller ID making you look at Baekhyun immediately through the mirror. Your eyes meeting his curious orbs as he also heard your phone ringing. You just smile and tap the answer button and pressing the phone in your ears.

 

“Kyungsoo.” You call his name gently with a smile tracing on your lips. “How are you?”

 

There is a long pause from the other line. It’s the first time Kyungsoo called you after the meet up with Baekhyun’s friend. You remember sending him a text after that night that you have something to ask him and you’re looking forward for him to tell you everything you want to know. You didn’t get a reply from him. You think that he is busy with his mother and he’s not the type of person that looks at his phone every hour. You bet he just look at his phone when it is something work related.

 

“I’m fine. But why are you asking me that? Are you fine? What is it you wanted to ask?” hearing Kyungsoo’s worried voice you can’t help but chuckle but it immediately halt when you saw Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at you. You know that gaze, his eyes asking you what are you talking about with Kyungsoo.

 

You shake your head and move the phone away from your ear, turning on the speaker after. Baekhyun trapped his bottom lip with his teeth and cross his legs. He nods his head towards the phone ordering you to speak.

 

“It’s just about the photography shop.” Lie. Of course it’s not about the photography shop. It’s about Baekhyun. You want to know everything about Baekhyun but he’s inside the room so there’s no way you’re telling Kyungsoo the real reason you texted him.

 

“Okay? What about it?” you heard a little shuffling from the other line. “Not that one, I said get me the brown sugar, not white. Are you color blind?” you frown at what he said. Who is he talking to right now?

 

“You didn’t said any color earlier, you mad penguin! Don’t scold me! You have the guts to insult me being color blind when you can’t even kill just a mere bug this size! Penguins like you should be thrown away to Antartica!” you heard a shout from the other line, it’s a girl voice. You chuckle at what she told Kyungsoo.

 

“Who is that?” you raise an eyebrow even though he can’t see you right now.

 

“An intern.” His voice is so soft that it’s not that audible enough for you to hear.

 

“A what?”

 

“An intern. Are you deaf now?” he hissed but it just makes you laugh.

 

“What the hell are you doing with an intern in your mother’s house?” You startled from Baekhyun’s voice. You groan at him. “Why did you speak? He doesn’t know we’re on speaker.” You mouthed at Baekhyun but he just shrugged.

 

“What the ? You had me on speaker?” Kyungsoo hissed again. You shake your head and glare at Baekhyun.  “Yeah, sorry. Well you know. Jealous Baekhyun.” You glare at the man beside you again. He just ignored your words and asks Kyungsoo again.

 

“Kyungsoo, what is an intern doing in your mother’s house with you?” he asked and laugh again. You heard the line ended. Oh no, Kyungsoo is probably so mad right now.

 

“Do you think she’s just an intern?” you asked to Baekhyun and he just smirked. You can feel the happiness radiating off of him. You eyed him weirdly when he laughs again.

 

“What? It means he already moved on from you.” He smiles widely and occupies the small space in your seat. You moved slightly to make him comfortable but he holds your waist and lifts your body up. You felt his strong thighs as he sit you on his lap.

 

“You’re done with your make-up right?” you nod at his question. You tilt your head to the side to look at him, his eyes meeting yours and your lips too close to his soft ones, closing your eyes as you feel his lips touching yours and his hands grasp tightly on your waist to keep you on balance. You took a deep breath as he release the kiss and rest his forehead on your collarbone. You smile at the warmth he is making you feel right now. Your chest wants to explode any moment from his affection.

 

You suddenly felt a cold thing that was wrapped around your wrist. Baekhyun’s fingers are cold too as he locks the rose gold bracelet and intertwined his hand with yours. You smiled as he lifts up your wrist. The rose gold bracelet has a marquise-shaped links with diamonds on it. It is very beautiful as it sparkled in your wrist. Your eyes shift to Baekhyun only to see him already staring at you, admiration and delight swimming in his orbs. Your eyes become glassy making him cup your cheeks and rub it with his thumb tenderly.

 

“Don’t cry baby. I gave that to you because I want to see your pretty smile.” His soft gentle voice makes you bite your bottom lip to keep your tears from falling.

 

“This bracelet is just so beautiful Baekhyun. Thank you so much.” You pulled him into a tight embrace. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around your waist as you buried your face on his neck.

 

“You are really a crybaby.” He whispered as he taps your back. “But it doesn’t matter, because you’re my baby and I’ll always keep that tears away from your eyes.”

 

 

It takes half an hour for you to reach the venue for the piano event. You put the coat to your shoulder before you got out of the car, Baekhyun covering your head for it not to bump as what he usually does. His hands automatically intertwined with yours as you both headed your way to the recital hall. The seats that your college friend gave you have a good view. You’re on a center part of the audience and it’s also near enough to see the pianists that’ll be performing for tonight.

 

The performances are so astounding. There were twelve of them in total that played the piano with different genre of music. There’s ballad, waltz, nocturne and a lot more. You just have to endure Baekhyun’s questions whenever there’s a male pianist that will perform on stage. He always asks you if that’s already your college friend. Sighing and shaking your head with an annoyed whisper of ‘No’ to him. Unfortunately, your college friend, Kim Jongdae performed second to the last so you had to hear Baekhyun’s irk questions about your pianist friend. Jongdae performed different piano music styles and he is really impressive.

 

The piano concerto ended so well and you are so satisfied. This is the first time you attended an event like this and it will surely not be the last. You’re sure that Baekhyun enjoyed it too since his lips were curved up the entire night, his eyes were also sparkling hearing the different unique styles of each pianist. Except Jongdae though, his brows were knitted while your friend was performing on the stage but it changed into a warm smile at the last part when Jongdae mentioned his girlfriend. The jealousy from Byun Baehkyun immediately evaporates into the cold air. He even pecked your temple and interlaced his hands with yours.

 

“You should’ve told me he’s already taken, sweetheart. I’m dying of jealousy because he played the piano so well. You just tortured me.” He whispers.

 

“I told you he is just a close friend before, you are just a very jealous boyfriend.” You pinch his nose but just chuckled at what you did.

 

The people started to exit the concert hall. You decided to leave when there’s only a few people left because you’re not comfortable being in crowded place. When a lot people already disappeared, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around your waist to guide you while walking. You can still feel the warmth from his touch even if there’s a fabric of the dress separating you’re skin from his soft palm.

 

“Can we stay in the lobby first? I want to congratulate my friend before we go home.” You lean over to whisper on Baekhyun’s ear. He just nodded and headed your way to the lobby. Five minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter