11 ▪ at the nightclub

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A cold breeze of air brushes to your skin as you get out of the cab. It’s a good thing that you didn’t wear a dress tonight. The tight jeans and a black sweater are covering your body from the cold air. You look to the driver and thanked him. He smiled at you and drives off as you already started to walk towards the nightclub.

 

Yes. That’s right. You are going into a nightclub. You can’t believe when Kyungsoo told you that he’s currently inside the fancy club right now. It’s surprised you since he isn’t fond of going to crowded places too and the fact that he’s in there this time really make you wonder why. Maybe there’s a friend in there that he just going to meet too.

 

As you make little steps towards the club, you pulled out your phone from your purse but Kyungsoo didn’t reply to you yet. You send him a text that you’ll be the one who is going directly to the club, where he is right now since you’re the one who asked a favour to talk to him. He knows that you’re going to asked something important but he didn’t notice that it’s about Baekhyun.

 

Your eyebrows furrowed since Kyungsoo always reply to you, not that instantly but it’s been an hour since the last time you texted him. It’s already 8 in the evening. But you think it was better that he didn’t see your text because he will stop you on going to the club. He knows you don’t like places like this but you’re already twenty-two. It’s not like you can’t take care of yourself. And you’re not drinking alcohol and dance in the middle with full of drunk and liberated people. You’re just here to meet Kyungsoo and maybe persuade him to continue you’re grilled pork belly dinner. Although you already eat two slices of pizza while waiting for Kyungsoo’s reply earlier. Well, food is life.

 

As you entered club, a thick smoke from the cigarettes and stink of an alcohol greeted your smell. You automatically cover your nose using your palm to protect your lungs from getting infected from this pollution. Your gaze roaming around the room as the party lights makes you squints your eyes to avoid getting a headache.

 

Oh god, how can they stay in the place like this? Maybe they’re already immune. Being alone in this kind of crowded place makes you feel so uncomfortable. The last time you went here you were with Baekhyun so you feel protected and safe by his side. You also went inside a private room that night so it’s not really like this kind of atmosphere back then.

 

It is impossible for you to find Kyungsoo in a dark and crowded place like this. The party lights isn’t even a big help, it only gives you a headache. You just decided to sit on a stool in the counter bar, fortunately there aren’t a lot of people here. You only saw a blonde woman with a tight black dress until the mid-thigh with a man beside her at the center part. There’s also a drunk man on the left corner of the counter so you decided to sit at the right corner, too far from trouble and drunk men.

 

You emit a long sigh as you checked your phone again only to get nothing. You send a text to Kyungsoo but he isn’t still replying to you. Did he turn off his phone or low battery?

 

“Oh, look’s who’s here.”

 

Your head immediately lifting up from looking down on your phone to your front where the voice came from. He is smiling brightly at you while holding a glass of cocktail on his right hand, the red drink with a mix of pink at the top looks so pleasing to the eyes. You also notice the cocktail shaker on his other hand.

 

“Hey Jongin, it’s nice to see you here.”

 

He nods at you, “It’s nice to see you too. Where is hyung?” he started roaming his eyes around the room as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he didn’t see a sign of Baekhyun. He looks back at you with pursed lips. “You are alone? Why are you alone? A girl like you isn’t safe to be here with no company. Where is hyung?”

 

Breathing a lot intake of air to relax your mind, you’re thinking what to answer Jongin. He has a lot of question but your honest mind suddenly forming the words you want to say.

 

 ‘Oh no, Baekhyun and I are having a little fight at the moment. Your friend just decided to not meet and talk to me. Heck, he doesn’t even reply to my texts. There is something wrong with him and I’m going to ask Kyungsoo, who is also another friend of yours, who is also apparently in this bar right now but I don’t freaking know where is he in this place filled with cigarette smoke and alcoholic smell, it is making me want to puke.’

 

Of course you’re not going to rant this to him. The fact that he owns this nightclub, you don’t want to get forcefully drag outside. So, no.

 

“Uhmmm, I am not with Baekhyun. I am actually here to meet Kyungsoo. He told me he is in here right now but I haven’t seen him. Did you see him? Did he went here to meet you?” you just hope that Jongin knows where’s Kyungsoo now so you can finally have dinner with that penguin and have a serious talk with him.

 

Unfortunately you’re wrong when Jongin’s face contorted in a confused expression. He put down the glass of cocktail and leans over as he sets his elbow for support on the cold acrylic bar counter and his thumb started to make gentle touches on his chin as if he is thinking of something.

 

“You are telling me you’re going to meet Kyungsoo hyung and you’re not with Baekhyun hyung!?”

 

“Yeah, I just did.” Your palm immediately landing in your forehead with his question. He just repeated what you said earlier.

 

“But I didn’t see him here.” His eyes started to roam around the club again with a frown on his face. “Why didn’t he even informed me that’s he’s coming here? I already miss that hyung.” He stomp his feet from behind the counter and you just chuckled. They really seem so close and he looks like a child from whimpering.

 

“What about I make you a drink while waiting for him? A cocktail? Vodka?” he added.

 

“I don’t really drink. I’m sorry. I have a weak tolerance for alcohol.” You replied and rejected his offer. He pouts when he heard that but he still keeps his determination on making you a cocktail.

 

“It’s my treat, you’re not going to pay for the drink and I’m just going to put a very small amount of alcohol in it. I swear.” He raises his upper arm making a promise sign to you. How can you resist this cute guy, he can pass as a young brother for you but you know he’s two years older than you.

 

“Fine. But it’s your treat okay?” he nodded quickly at your reply.

 

“I’m just going to the restroom while you’re making the drinks.” You added but he groaned making you raise an eyebrow at him. “What?”

 

“I thought you’re going to watch me mix the drinks. I’m good at this, you’ll going to replace Baekhyun hyung and just decide to stay with me.” He grins. You shake your head and tap his head twice like a tapping a little puppy.

 

“You’re not going to like Baekhyun’s revenge on you.”

 

“Right. He’s going to kill me. But whatever, I just like bartending you know. Being in front of these alcoholic drinks and mixing them together is more fun than sitting on a chair in front of thick stacks of papers in your cold lonely office. Damn, why do I still need to run a company too when I already have a club?” he started ranting and you just listened to his words.

 

“You’re both good at you’re jobs though. You are successful too and that’s great right?”

 

“Wow. I just got words of wis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter