13 ▪ fever and fights

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Cold.

 

It’s really cold.

 

Why the hell is it so cold here? With your eyes still close, your hands automatically search for warmth beside you, raising your arms up and down only to feel a soft fabric. A smile formed in your lips when you grab the blanket and use it to cover yourself. You frowned when there’s already a comforter covering your body. Then why do you still feel cold? Okay, weird. You can’t even hear the air condition running. Well, of course the AC won’t run but you know it’s not on.  Why do you even thinking of the AC right now? You sound like drunk.

 

A gasp escaped from your mouth when the events from last night started flashing through your mind, reminding you the dinner you had with Kyungsoo. That time when he left to call someone and how you gulped down the two bottles of soju in front of you.

 

You suddenly felt a pain piercing through your head. It’s like something is keep on hammering your head. You get up and rest your upper back at the headboard. The pounding of your head makes you close your eyes again. You bring the comforter up to your chest and remember that you felt sick yesterday that’s why you feel so cold right now. Maybe a virus infected your body and you’re having a fever right now. How unfortunate you are.

 

You keep on closing your eyes since the light makes your head ache more. You can’t just stay here all day though so you pushed yourself to stand up from the bed. The cold floor came in contact with your warm feet. You steady yourself and controlled your balance and walked towards the dining area. There’s a water pitcher and a glass on the table, it’s like waiting for you. Feeling the thirst, you pour a glass of water and gulped it down. Your gaze meeting the bottom of the glass when you notice a sticky note at the bottom part.

 

“Oh, it’s from Kyungsoo.” You nodded but your eyes immediately widened and you almost choked from drinking the water. Your gaze shifting through the comfortable clothes you’re wearing right now. You started stomping your feet and groaned like a spoiled kid while reading the note.

 

            ‘ There’s a medicine for hangover at the side of the pitcher. Drink a lot of water if you want that hangover to leave your aching head okay? And yes, I changed your clothes but don’t worry, there’s nothing to look at. Call me if you already read this.’ – Kyungsoo

 

“What did he mean by there’s nothing to look at?” you hissed and cover your chest like you’ve been violated. “Did he see? Oh my god!” you groaned again and slumped on the chair. You know Kyungsoo is just making fun of you. But embarrassment started crawling into your body when you comprehend what he just stated. You are such a bother last night to him. You groaned and hit your head lightly realising your dumbness.

 

 After drinking the medicine he prepared for you, you looked for your phone on the living room where your coat was hanging on the armrest of the couch. There’s also the black coat and you’re sure it’s Kyungsoo’s, he forgot to bring it with him. When you finally found your phone you immediately dialled Kyungsoo’s number.

 

“So the drunk princess is finally awake?” the deep voice of Kyungsoo greeted you from the other line. You sit on the couch still feeling a little bit dizzy from the hangover. “Yes of course. That’s why I can already talk to you.” You answered sarcastically but you just heard a chuckle from the other line.

 

“That’s how you thank me? By being sarcastic?” you know he’s just joking but you still felt the guilt forming inside of you and being embarrassed to yourself, you sighed. “Sorry Kyungsoo, you know I’m just not in the right mind right now since I have this hangover and I feel like having a fever.” In short, you feel like . You ranted to him but he just chuckled again.

 

“You already have a fever you idiot.” He snickered at you. Okay, so that’s why you really feel cold. “You didn’t look at the medicine I gave you? You just took it all?” he asked.

 

“Yes. Why? Is the medicine wrong? Yah Kyungsoo! I don’t want to die yet!” you yelled and you can imagine Kyungsoo taking the phone away from his ear. Thinking it made you chuckled.

 

“Don’t shout at me you brat!” he yelled back but not as loud as you. “You’re just so stupid because you should’ve looked at those medicine. What if I’m already trying to poison you?”

 

“You’ll never do that.” you answered with confidence lingering in your tone that made him scowled. “And why do you think that?” he answered back. “Of course, because you love me so mu-.” You playfully replied to him but quickly gasped when you just realise what you just said. You’re being stupid right now, you’re mouth started speaking dumbly again without sense and without your control.

 

An uncomfortable silence enveloped the both of you. You can just hear his deep breath at the other line. You cleared your throat, obviously trying to ease the awkward silence. “Thank you by the way, I am so sorry I just decided to get drunk last night, how did you enter my apartment?”

 

“You entered the code. Thankfully, you still remembered it although you’re so drunk you think there’s two Kyungsoo accompanying you.” He chortled. “I am drunk that much?” you asked as you went back to the kitchen to drink another glass of water since it can help for the hangover. 

 

“Yeah, that much.” He muttered. A cough escaped from your mouth and it didn’t go unnoticed by Kyungsoo. “I forgot to give you a medicine for cough. You should also take one. I’m sorry I need to leave, I went here in Ilsan again since mom’s not feeling well.” He reminded you and you just nod as if he’s in front of you now.

 

“Thank you again Kyungsoo but don’t worry about me. Tell Mrs. Doh to take care too.” You just heard his hum as a reply. You both ended that call after he reminded you again about drinking a lot of water and not to work for the mean time and better rest for the whole day. He’s being a father but you know he just really cares for you. Usually, you’ll reply with a sneaky remarked but you only agreed since you really feel weak right now. A hangover and a fever with a cough isn’t a really great combination, it makes you want to cover yourself with the comforter and rest for several hours... Or days.

 

You started your morning routine first and after taking a bath you decided to eat. Bread with a peanut butter will be nice at the moment, you don’t have enough strength to cook something. Before you take the first bite you were interrupted when you looked at the screen of your phone. The sleeping face of Baekhyun greeted you, you remembered him stealing your phone and the next thing you knew, his cute sleeping face is now your lockscreen.

 

How many days has it been? It’s the eleventh day right now. Eleven days without seeing him. Eleven days without talking to him. No messages. No calls. Nothing.

 

You heaved a sigh and was about to finally take a bite of the slice of bread when the sound of the doorbell halted you. Apparently it’s not Kyungsoo, he’s at Ilsan right now with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter