03 ▪ dinner date

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You stretch your limbs under the table when you felt it becoming numb already. You sit back straight, feeling the soft chair at your back. You pulled out your phone from your bag only to heave a sigh when you haven’t seen any reply from Baekhyun. It’s been four days since you last saw him. He’s doing a lot of projects in the company. You really miss him so much so you’re really looking forward for tonight’s date.

 

“Can I take your order Ma’am?” a waiter politely asked you. You shift your gaze from your phone to him. He’s smiling softly at you, waiting for your reply as you shake your head. “I’m still waiting for someone. I’ll just call to you if he’s here already.” You returned a soft smile to him, he just bowed respectfully and moved towards another table, asking orders from the other customers.

 

Your eyes roam around the five star restaurant, the tables looking very pleasing to the eyes with white and neat cloth above, a candle lighting from the middle of the tables makes the atmosphere very calm inside. A beautiful chandelier hanging on the middle of the ceiling added to a serene feeling too.  Seeing the ladies wearing elegant dresses and the men wearing suits, you’re sure all of them are wearing expensive clothes. Not that you’re not wearing an expensive one too, this dress you’re wearing right now was a gift from Baekhyun.

 

When was the last time he went shopping with you? Last month? Last two months? You don’t know, he’s too busy right now that even if you want to hang around him, being a normal couple, watching theatre movies and roaming around the mall, you can’t. You have to understand, he’s just too busy. At least, he reserved a table for the two of you in this fancy restaurant, you just hope that he will really come. He’s already late for about thirty minutes. He’s not like this on your previous dates, if ever he’s late it’s just for a few minutes, like five to ten minutes but right now it’s already half an hour.

 

A soft buzz on your hand halted your thoughts, landing your gaze on your phone. You smiled seeing a new unread message. You tap on it, furrowing your brows when you realise it’s from Chanyeol.

 

            Kihyo knows about the record last week! Why did you send it to her!!!!! She’s mad at me right now, I’m going to die later when I got home. She’s going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You chuckled at Chanyeol’s silliness, he used a lot of exclamation point when he’s nervous and upset. Kihyo wouldn’t kill him right?

 

            I swear I didn’t send it to her. Kyungsoo asked for the record audio, I send it to Kyungsoo. Maybe he sent it to Kihyo? Promise!!!!!!!

 

You put a lot of exclamation point, copying him. You placed the phone on the table, your chin resting on your right palm with your elbow on the surface of the table, supporting your weight. Tapping your fingers on the table, you looked down at your phone, waiting for it to buzz again for another reply.

 

            I’m going to put that penguin back to his place! I’m still not forgiving you for recording my beautiful deep voice!!!! By the way, Have a good date with Baekhyun and enjoy! He’s on his way now so stay there. Bye now, I still need to buy flowers for Kihyo. A sorry gift it is. : (((((

 

A chuckled escape from your lips but quickly replaced by a wide smile when you read the message again. Baekhyun’s on his way now here. You’re about to reply to him when you heard the movement of the chair on your opposite side. You look up from your phone, eyes landing on the beautiful face in front of you. His thin lips slightly open, catching his breath and eyes staring back at you. He looks like he just ran from the parking lot just to get faster here.

 

“Did you just run?”

 

“I just walked faster.” He answered and took the glass of water placed on the table when you came here earlier. He took a sip, you can’t take your eyes off of him when you see his Adam’s apple bobbed when he gulp. He looks so hot. You your bottom lip, eyes flickering.

 

“It’s just the same.” He shrugged at your reply, bringing the glass of water back on its place.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late. There was an emergency in the office. One of the board members asked me to change little details on the report I presented. They’re too picky for the design.” He ranted on me. I shook my head and smiled at him.

 

“It’s okay. I understand.”

 

“I’m so lucky for having an understanding girlfriend huh?” he leans over to you and taps your nose making you giggled. You suddenly felt a growling sound in your stomach, you bit your bottom lip glancing at Baekhyun, you groaned when he heard it and laughed at you.

 

“You’re hungry. I’m really sorry, we’re going to order now.” He looks around and called for a waiter, waving his hands in the air.

 

“Finally taking your orders Ma’am?” the waiter from earlier asked from your side. “And sir.” He added when he noticed you’re already with someone. He smiled nervously, handing the menu to you and to Baekhyun. You gaze at Baekhyun and a chuckle escaping your mouth when you see him glaring at the waiter. A jealous Byun Baekhyun again.

 

“Since you’re late, I’m going to order a lot of food.” You playfully glare at him. You’re not really fond of eating in restaurants like this. The both of you usually have dinner dates in affordable restaurants but mostly, at home, you cooking his favourite dishes for him.

 

“Good. You have to eat a lot. You’re thin.” He eyed your body making you cover your chest with your hands.

 

“I’m not! You’re the one who’s getting thin.” You pouted. He chuckled.

 

The both of your bickering ended there and finally decided to order when you heard the waiter cleared his throat, still waiting for you. You puckered your lips, thumb and index finger rubbing circles on your chin, thinking for the dishes to order.

 

“I want this chicken with warm foie gras sorbet, warm lobster with tomato sauce and Italian pasta please, this one with tomato sauce. For dessert, I’ll take this brownie ice cream. Thanks!” The waiter nod and take note of your orders. You smiled, your lips and feeling your stomach grumble again.

 

“I’m so hungry” you mumbled to yourself.

 

“I’ll take the Italian pasta too and strawberry ice cream. Thank you.” The waiter takes the menu from both of you. Baekhyun ordered a little though. He raise his eyebrows at you when he saw your knitted eyebrows.

 

“That’s all you’re eating?” you asked, he leans over and trace your eyebrows delicately with his soft finger to remove the confusion in you. You automatically closed your eyes from his gentle touch.

 

“You’re not going to finish all that dishes you ordered. Trust me baby, I’m the one who’s eating it all.” You just nodded, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter