05 ▪ sweet long ride & lunch with Byuns

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After your misunderstanding with Baekhyun, you thought the two of you will be awkward with each other although you had already clear things out. You guess it wrong when he still text you in the morning and call you whenever he’s not busy in the office.

 

You didn’t saw each other yet because he needs to finish the works in advance since you’re both going to his mother’s house this weekend. You felt the excitement and nervousness again. You hope Baekhyun’s mother isn’t like what you saw on dramas like an evil mother with a weird outfit and ugly laugh trying to separate his son from his girlfriend. You shake your head and tried to get rid of the things on your mind. You’re overthinking again.

 

You check your bag if you already pack spare clothes inside since you’re staying there for two days. Baekhyun will pick you up on Saturday morning, which is already today so you’re preparing for the things you’ll bring. You’re leaving on Sunday afternoon to go back home. You went into the mirror and check your make-up. You apply a lipstick on your lips, trying to match it with your dress. You remove the first one because it’s too dark for your white dress. You look for another shade of lipstick, a rosy shade catch your eye. You smile in content when it fits well, slipping the lipstick inside your purse afterwards.

 

You’re all set now, all things prepared. You fix your hair once again when you heard your doorbell ringing. You smile and check yourself for the last time at the mirror, you look presentable now. Carrying the shoulder bag where your clothes are and your purse, you step towards the door and opened the door. You don’t even have to look at the door peephole since you know it’s your boyfriend waiting at the other side.

 

Opening the door, your eyes landed on the stunning man in front of you. He is wearing a white shirt with a red and black checker flannel jacket on top and black jeans. What caught your attention real hard is the black choker around his neck. His red hair matching the clothes he is wearing. You silently cursed inside your head.

 

Baekhyun looks so perfect.

 

You can’t tear your gaze away from him. You just want to look at this perfection forever.

 

“I know I’m too handsome right now babe, but you can’t stare at me the whole day.” He smirked making you snapped away from admiring him. You immediately looked away from him with a blush on your cheeks. You heard his cute chuckle, “You look good too. I’m in awe. ”He grin and pinch your cheeks, your hands automatically pushing his hands away.

 

“But you’re wearing a dress? You’re more comfortable with jeans.” He raised an eyebrow at you. Before you answer, you felt his hand reach for your bag, carrying it.

 

“Of course, I need to look presentable when I met your mom. First impression lasts.” You explained and close the door behind you. Your hand unknowingly reaches for Baekhyun’s free hand and interlace it together. The both of you headed your way outside your apartment’s building.

 

“You don’t need that anymore. She already likes you a lot even though she doesn’t see you yet.” You looked at him with furrowed brows. You’re already inside the elevator, waiting for it to reach the ground floor.

 

“How is that?”

 

“I told about you already. She knew you’re my girlfriend.” A wave of warmth spread into your heart. You feel so happy that Baekhyun told about you with his mom. You thought he will just introduce you today.

 

Stepping out of the elevator, you both walk to the parking lot. You realise that you are still holding his hand. You squeeze it tightly making him turned to you. “What?” he squeeze your hand back.

 

“Thank you.” You muttered when you already reach his car. He opened the door for you, “For what?” he asked. You step into the car, Baekhyun never forgets to cover the top of your head for you not to bump at the car’s ceiling. You’re already seated comfortably when you answered him.

 

“For making me feel this way. You already told your mom about me. I’m so touched.” You grinned and landing your palm on your chest. Baekhyun just keep on staring at you. He smiled and kisses you at the cheek. You know a blush creeps into your face and you’re thankful that Baekhyun didn’t saw it since he closed the door. Walking around the car he opens the door on the other side and set himself on the driver seat.

 

“It’s a three hour ride. Let’s buy some snacks first? Don’t want my princess to get hungry.” He winked at you, starting the engine’s car and now spinning the steering wheel.

 

“Okay. Let’s go.” You cheerfully said and you heard his soft chuckle.

 

Baekhyun decided to stop on a convenience store. You already unfasten your seatbelt when he told you to buckle it up again. You’re about to asked him why but he said that he can just buy the snacks alone. You can just wait inside the car because according to him he will not take long. You pout and nod, you want to choose for the snacks too. He pinched your cheek,

 

“I know what you want. Potato chips, oreo cookies and cola?” you nod feeling so proud of him. He left the car and headed his way to the store. You put your earphones on, searching for a perfect song for a road trip while waiting for Baekhyun.

 

He came back carrying two plastic bags. You frowned, he bought a lot and there’s only the two of you who will eat it. When he’s already on the driver seat, he passes the plastic bags to you. You look into the snack seeing five packs of oreo cookies, two water bottles, two sodas, three potato chips, and a pack of mixed nuts. You allergic to nuts making you scrunched your nose but it’s Baekhyun’s favourite.

 

“Don’t worry. The nuts were for me.” He laughed seeing your reaction. His car already moving along the road.

 

You opened one of the ore cookies, humming when you felt it melt on your tongue. “This is really good.” You already finished one pack of oreo, you’re about to open another one when you choked. Baekhyun quickly look for the water bottle inside the plastic bag. He immediately opened the lid, bringing it closer to your lips for you to drink. He looked at the stoplight but it’s still on the red circle. He sighed and pinched your nose, “You eat too fast, that’s all for you. No one’s going to steal it away.” Your cheeks redden and shifted your gaze from him, looking at the window. The stoplight turned to green so the car already started moving.

 

“You want some?” you extend the pack of oreo in his direction.“ He frowned.

 

“You finally try to ask me if I want some huh? You enjoy that cookies so much, I thought you forgot you’re with someone.” He pouted and landed his orbs at you but quickly shifting his gaze back on the road.

 

“Just tell me if you want some.” You rolled your eyes and playfully glared at him. You know he can see you at his peripheral vision.

 

“You think I can eat that when I use my two hands for driving. You should feed me!” he peek at your reaction but you just gaped on him. “Too demanding.” Scowling, you pulled out one cookie and turned your head at him.

 

“Here it goes, baby Baekhyun.” You cooed him and you see himself bite his bottom lip, preventing a big smile to form. You lean over to him and your arms stretching until the cookie reach his mouth. “Open your mouth little one.” You playfully move the cookie in circles like you’re feeding a real child.

 

He open his mouth, you put the cookie inside and heard the munching of the food inside. “Good little pup.” You pat his head and smiled widely. You saw him scrunched his nose at what you said. You laugh because of his cuteness. “You really look like pup. You’re so cute.” You mess with his hair now, using his one hand he quickly push your hand away lightly.

 

“I’m not a pup.” He peeks into you while fixing his hair through the rear view mirror. You saw that disgusted face making you chuckle.

 

“Yes. You are.” You singsong and stuck your tongue out at him.

 

“What do you want next? Potato chips? Water?” you asked while looking for another snack. “Oh. The mixed nuts? You’re favourite.” You pulled the snack out. You heard his protest when you’re about to open the pack.

 

“No way. I don’t want you to get rashes. We’re going to my mom’s house not to a hospital.” He quickly said making you rolled your eyes. “I’m just going to feed you. I am not eating this. You’re overreacting.”

 

“Even so. I don’t care. You’re not going to open that. I bought that, you’re not allowed.” You shifted you gaze on the road in front when the car suddenly stopped. The stoplight on red now. Your gaze immediately landed on Baekhyun when he snatched the pack of mixed nuts on your grip. You’re amazed by his acts right now, he’s too worried. He hides the nuts inside the car’s compartment.

 

“Just want to make sure you’re not going to get that allergic reaction again babe.” He holds your hand, resting it on your thigh. You just stare at his face, mesmerize by his perfection. He looks very handsome right now. You can just stare at him in this long three hour drive. You started gazing at his dark brown orbs, down on his pointed nose. You smiled when you remember that cute face when he scrunched his face. You’re eyes shifted gaze to his lips.

 

That soft plump lips.

 

You’re about to lean over to give him a kiss on the cheek when you saw a trace of light purple near of his left lip. The bruise is now starting to fade but it still caught your attention since you keep staring at him.

 

“What’s that?” you softly whispered but still enough for him to hear.

 

“What?” he asked confusingly.

 

“That bruise on your left cheek. Who did that?” your voice now starting to increase. You felt so worried. You’re sure he got that when he drunk alone on a bar. You frowned at him when you didn’t hear any reply.

 

“Answer me Baekhyun.” You snapped. You’re blood started boiling in anger. You didn’t even know why. You’re just so worried and he’s not answering your questions.

 

“Chanyeol.” He mumbled and sighed. Peeking to see your reaction but quickly shift his gaze at the road since he is driving the car.

 

“What? Chanyeol?” you gaped at him but you can see the honesty on his face making you exhaled a deep breath. Your fingers landing on your temple to rub it with soothing circles.

 

“Why would-“ your words got interrupted when your mind wanders back at the text you received from Chanyeol that night when he found your boyfriend drunk.

 

‘Sorry, I need to wake some sense into him. Hope you don’t mind.’

 

You closed your eyes tightly. So that’s what he meant by that. He just punched your boyfriend on the face. You sighed and look to Baekhyun. Feeling the car stopped as you’re already on another red stoplight.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sincerity and sadness of your voice filling the car. “It’s my fault. If I didn’t look at your phone, you wouldn’t left and get drunk and Chanyeol wouldn’t be disturb. He even punched you. I’m-“

 

“Hey baby.” You heard his angelic voice. Cupping your cheeks, he leans over you and rubbing his fingers gently on your face. You already felt like crying but his touch makes you calm.

 

“It’s not your fault. It’s never your fault. Understand? Don’t blame yourself. Don’t ever say that again.” He convinces you. You just nod because you know he’ll just keep on repeating these words to you. That’s it not your fault even if it really is. You cup his cheeks too and kiss his cheeks.

 

“I don’t want to see a tear fall from your eye. We’re supposed to have fun with this little vacation to my mom’s house. Only smiling and laughing. Got that?” he raise an eyebrow at you. You’re so thankful for him, making your heart calm down. He is effective on putting your mind at ease.

 

“Okay.” You hummed and he leans back again, gripping on the stirring wheel to move the car.

 

You don’t know how many hours it has been but after that talk with Baekhyun, the both of you become quiet. The screeching and rumbling of cars on the road is the only thing you can hear now. You kept your gaze on the wind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter